There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Watched Mulan with the family last night (Mom, bro, his 5 and 6 yr old and sis). Good family Movie for all ages.

Also watched 21 Bridges with Chadwick 10/10
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://globalnews.ca/news/7505850/chin ... l-sun/amp/

China makes artificial sun, only need to be able to sustain it longer.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:24 am https://globalnews.ca/news/7505850/chin ... l-sun/amp/

The US is actually a part of ITER, the coalition that made it possible. MIT and Lockheed are also doing their own things, though it sounds like Lockheed hasn't really been getting very far.

What I'm curious about is this:
could fuel its energy ambitions for years to come — if they can make it more sustainable.
They only mention cost, they don't mention if it actually nets energy. I'm assuming it doesn't at the moment, or else I'd think that it wouldn't be so prohibitively expensive. Maybe they have to constantly feed it or something, I'll keep an eye out for any more details.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

so yeah, cyberpunk, you can hang dong in it
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Anyone watching The Mandalorian? It's the only Star Wars thing that isn't total crap these days.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:33 pm
San Goku wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:24 am https://globalnews.ca/news/7505850/chin ... l-sun/amp/

The US is actually a part of ITER, the coalition that made it possible. MIT and Lockheed are also doing their own things, though it sounds like Lockheed hasn't really been getting very far.

What I'm curious about is this:
could fuel its energy ambitions for years to come — if they can make it more sustainable.
They only mention cost, they don't mention if it actually nets energy. I'm assuming it doesn't at the moment, or else I'd think that it wouldn't be so prohibitively expensive. Maybe they have to constantly feed it or something, I'll keep an eye out for any more details.
Ya seen some videos recently on the U.S. involvement in ITER, very interesting to see who can get a net gain. I wonder what ingredient they are missing to keep it constant. They already have temps hotter than the sun.
superbob wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:29 am so yeah, cyberpunk, you can hang dong in it
So you have it now? I still have to get my ps5 in the next 6+ months first.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:04 pm
superbob wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:29 am so yeah, cyberpunk, you can hang dong in it
Yeah, I'm a member of PCMR so, without hesitation I picked it up
killacross

Post by killacross »

Actor who played Deebo in Friday (Tommy Lister) died.

Getting old is weird.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:59 am
Are you a fan of the new AMD CPU and GPU, Zen 3 & 6900?
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:09 pm
superbob wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:59 am

Are you a fan of the new AMD CPU and GPU, Zen 3 & 6900?
Meh, it's got good reviews, but I'm one of those that runs a generation back on parts (ryzen 5 and such). I don't see the need to have a complete top of the line system seeing as I don't stream or pro game. My work computer has probably double the power that my personal PC has.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

@San,
You can get it for the ps4 and upgrade it whenever you get a ps5.
The ps5 really doesn’t feel like a next gen console. Maybe it’s because there are no games that were specifically made for the ps5.
I mean the lighting or ray tracing whatever you may call it doesn’t really warrant a ps5.
Faster loading times is a welcome feat though l.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Isn't that the way of all technology though? It gets faster and faster until it tops out.. Then it gets cheaper and cheaper or smaller and smaller.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:56 am @San,
The ps5 really doesn’t feel like a next gen console. Maybe it’s because there are no games that were specifically made for the ps5.
I mean the lighting or ray tracing whatever you may call it doesn’t really warrant a ps5.
I hear that the controller makes it feel like next generation, is that true? Still early in the game. The upcoming line ups of ps5 exclusives looks great.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:05 pm Isn't that the way of all technology though? It gets faster and faster until it tops out.. Then it gets cheaper and cheaper or smaller and smaller.
I guess so.
San Goku wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:42 pm
I hear that the controller makes it feel like next generation, is that true? Still early in the game. The upcoming line ups of ps5 exclusives looks great.
The controller has more rumble functions now in the sense of adaptive triggers. Because I play mostly FPS I don’t even have that shit on.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:38 am
killacross wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:05 pm Isn't that the way of all technology though? It gets faster and faster until it tops out.. Then it gets cheaper and cheaper or smaller and smaller.
I guess so.
San Goku wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:42 pm
The controller has more rumble functions now in the sense of adaptive triggers. Because I play mostly FPS I don’t even have that shit on.
Check the link I posted in the PlayStation thread.
killacross

Post by killacross »

All this talk about student loan forgiveness...Ugh! The federal loan and repayment program needs to be overhauled...but "canceling" $50k in debt when the majority of people still don't go to college (let alone finish) in the US won't end well. Also, how are student loans a race issue? The vast majority of borrowers are not minorities.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

most of the student loan debt is in what would be considered the top 10% of income earners in the country. I'm definitely what you would call a centralist in american politics, but maybe don't get a degree from a private liberal arts college in english? Maybe make the decision to go to the in state public university because of how cheap it is?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

I'm not sure how forgiveness is supposed to help either, unless they're trying to get rid of the bubble by just wishing it away. I don't think forgiveness is the way to go - it effectively punishes people who made sacrifices to avoid that debt in the first place. The government loans aren't particularly predatory either, it's the private ones that are pretty awful.

Quickest way to fix the industry to me is just to start letting people default on new loans. Only reason it's such a bubble to begin with is because people who shouldn't have been given loans in the first place can't get out from under them. Letting everyone do that on the current loans though causes a big problem, so it doesn't solve that issue, but it at least (in my head) stops it from getting worse. It should also help lower school costs when enrollment drops because people can't get the terrible loans any more.

Most degrees are actually useful applied to the right circumstances. My degree is in Philosophy and it's helped me a lot even though I work in IT. Mildly amusingly is that I have a master's in a practical field that's been worthless. It'd be more amusing if I hadn't paid for it. English degrees can help with law school. The "make your own field/degree" is probably the largest offender for being worthless.

Edit: Supposedly the problem is that student loan debt is preventing people from doing other things like buying houses. So it's more of the "let's spend on debt to boost consumerism," and I've already expressed my distaste artificially boosting our economy without good reason. If they're trying to use it as an excuse to get people spending during the pandemic, just halt the collection of all collections and interest accruals on it. Some people will still sock money away instead of spending it, and kudos to them, but in general the same effect should be achieved.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

The media hates redheads. Every redhead is turned into a black person. For the Black Adam film, they turned Cyclone from a white redhead into a black woman...lol.

Wally West
Iris West
Ariel from The Little Mermaid
Starfire
Jimmy Olsen
Mary Jane Watson (OH BUT IT'S NOT THAT MJ...SHUT UP WITH THAT NONSENSE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID)
Hawkgirl
Apparently, even the redhead dude in the original She-Ra got turned into a black dude in the remake
Isaac from Castlevania
Hell...remember when they turned Little Orphan Annie into a black girl.

The gingercide is real in Hollywood.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:41 pm The gingercide is real in Hollywood.
It's easier to screw over redheads because they don't have a soul.