There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:25 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:09 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:15 pm if at all, he tries to reestablish checks on government agencies.
That's never going to happen.
____with either party

finished that for ya ;)
Correct. It's less of a government growth with Republicans but it's government growth nonetheless.

Why would a man whose entire political life, party, and running mate is about the government controling every aspect of your life suddenly change?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:10 pm
killacross wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:25 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:09 pm

That's never going to happen.
____with either party

finished that for ya ;)
Correct. It's less of a government growth with Republicans but it's government growth nonetheless.

Why would a man whose entire political life, party, and running mate is about the government controling every aspect of your life suddenly change?
Y'all need to read up more on Biden...

Trump removed the people that were put in place to fight corruption after Nixon when he didn't like who they were investigating. I'll settle for just filling those roles for now, along with putting competent people in charge of government agencies. None of this crap like oil execs being charge of the EPA.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Victory speech at 8pm.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Damn no mention of Kamala's fathers in her speech?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Biden had a good speech for a Biden speech. He didn't have to run to the stage to prove that he's fit, we know he's declining lol.
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:38 am Y'all need to read up more on Biden...

Trump removed the people that were put in place to fight corruption after Nixon when he didn't like who they were investigating. I'll settle for just filling those roles for now, along with putting competent people in charge of government agencies. None of this crap like oil execs being charge of the EPA.
so while there won't be blatant nepotism (I dont think Biden will put his crackhead son in any particular position...unless it somehow involves oversite of Oregon)...there are still plenty of backs that need to be scratched for getting him into the white house. It's why people hate ALL politicians. I hope the website stays around for another 4 years so that we can circle back to this and watch ya eat a little crow.

I have said time and time again...I personally do not care who is in the white house. I personally lean more right than left....but I generally do not like either side. My entire desire is for the government to shrink so much that it doesn't matter who is at the top. I want it to shrink so much that they have minimal impact to my daily life. But that's just me...I believe every day people are amazing...but they are selfish, trash. So government should put some controls in place...but they never do just that...they ALWAYS overstep. ALWAYS.

Which reminds me...I need to buy some more bullets...not for fighting the government...but because I'm sure there's gonna be a run on em making it become impossible to get more. It'll be the new toilet paper.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Guess I'm not really articulating what I want to say well.

Of course there's going to be plenty of cronyism, but it's usually reserved for bit roles that don't particularly matter. Experts were still in charge of the major organizations like DoE, HHS, EPA, CDC, etc. Trump threw all of that out the window, putting people with 0 experience in charge of these organizations, even when they had blatant flaws or conflicts of interest. I'm really not exaggerating to say what he did was unprecedented (again though, complicit senate).

What are you guys expecting Biden to do that will control your life? What has he done historically that makes you think he wants to?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I'll be interested in what becomes of renewable energy and clean energy under a Biden administration.
killacross wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:40 am
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:38 am Y'all need to read up more on Biden...

so while there won't be blatant nepotism (I dont think Biden will put his crackhead son in any particular position...unless it somehow involves oversite of Oregon)...there are still plenty of backs that need to be scratched for getting him into the white house. It's why people hate ALL politicians. I hope the website stays around for another 4 years so that we can circle back to this and watch ya eat a little crow.

I have said time and time again...I personally do not care who is in the white house. I personally lean more right than left....but I generally do not like either side. My entire desire is for the government to shrink so much that it doesn't matter who is at the top. I want it to shrink so much that they have minimal impact to my daily life. But that's just me...I believe every day people are amazing...but they are selfish, trash. So government should put some controls in place...but they never do just that...they ALWAYS overstep. ALWAYS.

Which reminds me...I need to buy some more bullets...not for fighting the government...but because I'm sure there's gonna be a run on em making it become impossible to get more. It'll be the new toilet paper.
Lmfao at oversight of Oregon. Is Oregon that bad? I was just telling someone the other day that you never really hear people telling you to visit Oregon and it's on the west coast, you would assume it's a nice place.

Your life will be impacted, they're going to tape your eyelids open and shove the rainbow flag in your face for starters.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:06 pmLmfao at oversight of Oregon. Is Oregon that bad? I was just telling someone the other day that you never really hear people telling you to visit Oregon and it's on the west coast, you would assume it's a nice place.

Your life will be impacted, they're going to tape your eyelids open and shove the rainbow flag in your face for starters.
Oregon passed their resolution to decriminalize all drugs in small amounts and establish more rehab and self-control type centers instead. In theory that's more personal liberty, less on the plate for police so that they can work more important cases, and the wellness programs get more people irresponsibly using drugs back to being productive for society.

It's a pretty nice place to visit (from what I understand), it's more that California is just better for tourists. Better weather, better beaches, better parks, and some people's favorite - wine country. Unless there's just something you want to specifically be in Oregon for, just spend the extra hour or two on the plane to go to California.

Living in California on the other hand...
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

RIP Alex Trebek, one of Canada's Finest. Icing on the cake for 2020.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Damn....Low Key F-2020
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:25 am Damn....Low Key F-2020
High Key F-2020.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

So Parler is now the top downloaded app on Google play store.

Echo chambers abound.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:01 pm So Parler is now the top downloaded app on Google play store.

Echo chambers abound.
Facebook was already an echo chamber anyways, and Trump has too many twitter followers to move. Parler will hit the same issue Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, et al did eventually too.

Also lulz at the politicians all moving to a new platform that will be gutted by their proposed section 230 change.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:28 am Totally get that. Was so burnt out at my last job sometimes I barely worked a couple hours a day by the end. Work got done, but I knew quality wasn't there compared to a few years prior. Think I'm going to follow DMs suggestion of starting my own business, but I don't really expect it to end well. Fortunately I'm OK for a while if it doesn't.
Been thinking for a while about doing that myself.
killacross

Post by killacross »

skipping work today

Phase 1 of the project was completed 2a Tuesday morning (I went in at 7a on Monday)
...took yesterday off because I was tired...taking today off because IDGAF. Mental health day!!

**EDIT**
Small universe!
This guy dropped his wallet in front of my house. It was around the corner so I took it to the address on his license. I see this guy and boy walking thru my neighborhood...but the guy has burn marks allllll over his face - so didn't look like the picture on the license. I ring the doorbell...and don't hear anything. I knock...and no one answers. So I open the screen door and put it between the two doors (so you can't see it from the street). I get back into my car and the door flings open with a girl (obviously retarded) and a small boy. I point to look down...and she stares at me...but the little boy (maybe 5) looks down and grabs the wallet.

I go to a restaurant probably 2 hrs later. THAT same guy walking around the neighborhood is 2 people in front of me in line. He recognizes me and asks...do you know anything about ____ address? I said...OOOOh...so that WAS you...Did you get your wallet? He looks at me weird and asks why? I said...you dropped your wallet in front of my house. So I took it back to your address. No one answered...so I put it in the door frame.

He pulls out his phone and was like...Oooooh OK...My daughter was home with my two youngest boys...and she was scared someone tried to break in. She called me...and I looked at the doorbell security video -- so that IS you? We were wondering what you were doing. I called my dad and he said to report it to the police. Anyway...the guy thanked me and bought my meal.

Made me realize...I'm getting weak in my old age
...I didn't even think to take the money
..Didn't even think to look if he had any :shock:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

U have your own money lol

So no luck trying to get a ps5 today lol. Not going to pay the markup price on eBay. My cousin has it and said the kids are loving Spider-Man.
killacross

Post by killacross »

My best friend got an XBawks. He said that it is awesome and that Game Pass is the shit.

...What he didn't figure in is that he bought a $500 console...and is paying $180+/yr to play it.

He said...that's 3 good games. I have been so far out of the gaming loop...looks like he may have a point
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

^ Looks like they're raising the price of games this gen from $60 to $70 each so game pass is a fairly decent deal. As for the series x itself, I still don't see any point in getting one other than it being cheaper than a gaming pc. That's cause a gaming pc can have better graphics than a console, be able to be used for more than just games and pretty much every game being released for xbox is coming to pc too.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

eddieson wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:38 pm ^ Looks like they're raising the price of games this gen from $60 to $70 each so game pass is a fairly decent deal. As for the series x itself, I still don't see any point in getting one other than it being cheaper than a gaming pc. That's cause a gaming pc can have better graphics than a console, be able to be used for more than just games and pretty much every game being released for xbox is coming to pc too.
Is Microsoft still moving towards the "many devices one platform" thing? I'm kinda surprised the consoles don't just run Windows at this point.