There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 pm Drunk out of my fucking mind and missed a ton of meetings for work.

... No ones noticed at all

.. My job is really essential
Wait. Was it because of the hangover that you missed everything or did you just get wasted during work hours?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:23 pm
killacross wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:22 pm Drunk out of my fucking mind and missed a ton of meetings for work.

... No ones noticed at all

.. My job is really essential
Wait. Was it because of the hangover that you missed everything or did you just get wasted during work hours?
Yeah, you just over the job and blew it off or something else up?
killacross

Post by killacross »

TL;DR -- Don't mind me. Just a lot of dumb shit going on with my job. I am misbehaving because I realized I don't HAVE to work anymore...just kinda choosing to -- for now at least. Planned to work from home -- but drank instead and fell asleep RIGHT before a slew of meetings. Woke up with 7 mins to go on the last one, so just skipped it instead. And I drank 2 bottles of quality wine...no hangover to speak of ;) .

Longer explanation/ramble:
Had my annual review at work a while back. They SANG my praises and talked about how they want to give me more responsibilities. My promotion is a lock. I got one of the highest raises in the department (percentage wise anyway -- not sure about $$). Etc etc etc...They see me as key to changing the department and culture. I told them...that's nice and all, but I want out. I hate this place...I come to work angry most days...and leave frustrated every day...and I'm just burned out. My boss told me the Germany trip would be a good change of pace and help blow off some steam -- yada yada. He immediately told his boss (who has taken me on as a pet project - but fuck that guy). Anyway...the boss' boss had a meeting with me the next day to talk about his goals to get to corporate..and his plan to take me with him. I said...no thanks, I don't want to work for you. He said...well, give him 2 years and he will make me the manager of my dept. I told him no thanks (because it's all just talk. I've been burned before. Your boss says work your ass off to do this, this, and this -- and I'll return the favor. Then they get a promotion or job offer elsewhere and you've worked yourself to death for no reason. Then the new boss comes along and says do a 180 and undo all of the work from before). I digress.

After that...I went to Germany for just under a month. Germany was fun, but anything but relaxing. I was on the other side of the planet and they still called, texted, emailed, and set up "emergency meetings" daily. And with Germany being 6 hrs ahead -- the meetings were always at 930/10/11p for me - work 15 hrs during the day...then 1-2 hrs of meetings at night. We came back Oct 10th...and since then...I have been misbehaving and skipping work. They just assume that because they don't see me...I have been working like an animal. AFATK -- when they send a text, call, email -- I respond quickly enough (because my management is allllll kinds of incompetent).

Lately, I've been "working" from home. In actuality, I've been tinkering in my garage (built my daughter an adirondack chair and a rocking chair), doing yard work (need to replant some iris bulbs at some point, and a parking pad for my utility trailer is next, replacing some outdoor lights), going to lunch outings with the wife, went to a lunch outing with Ms Thickums last week (took my daughter too which was a lot of fun!)....and I'd kinda dabble with work here and there. I DO have to go on site occasionally to get data together or execute test runs....but I probably worked 30 hrs last week...and maybe 20 hrs this week...AND STILL NO ONE HAS NOTICED.

The part that has particularly pissed me off lately is that working in Pharma...there are a ton of rules that even if you don't know the specifics...you KNOW you can't break. While I was in Germany...the project team apparently broke just about every goddamn one of them. So now...weeks later -- we are starting to stumble on to what happened...and it just pisses me off even more. We had an emergency meeting where my boss' boss is like -- how did this happen? And the people are like -- we asked YOU (my boss' boss) and you said it was fine. He was like...oh yea...that's right -- no major risks to product/equipment/patient -- so it's fine.

Later, we hop on a call with the customer and they are like...WTF? How could this happen. My boss' boss goes silent at first....but then does the same bullshit thing he ALWAYS does where he sides with the majority opinion. So he is like...Killa, how could this possibly happen?

Basically...because the project team decided to implement changes (without following the most basic of procedures)...it invalidates ALL of my work. So they expect me to work 70 hours to try to make up time from their fuck up. I told them IDGAF, hell no.

I want to get out of my dept for several reasons. But not sure I want to leave the company just yet. I know the grass isn't greener -- but the jobsite is 10 miles from home. Which has been the only real benefit since day 1.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Totally get that. Was so burnt out at my last job sometimes I barely worked a couple hours a day by the end. Work got done, but I knew quality wasn't there compared to a few years prior. Think I'm going to follow DMs suggestion of starting my own business, but I don't really expect it to end well. Fortunately I'm OK for a while if it doesn't.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

You are not Sr Management yet right @killa? Good for you, stick to your guns and instincts they are probably giving you lip services. You been in the game long enough you need action now. Make you the Manager of the department now not in 2 years. They did the same shit to my co-worker. He should've been Manager years ago. The only reason the maintenance department survived is because of him.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm not management at all. I have had management roles before....people are fucking idiots -- at all levels and educations. Not interested in doing that again.

Really...I want to get out of Pharma. The biggest issue with Pharma is that because there is so much money involved....EVERY decision is a multimillion dollar decision. EVERY mistake is a multimillion dollar fuck up. EVERY delay is a multimillion dollar hit to the bottom line. I want to work for a company where if we don't finish this today...we go home and try again tomorrow. Pharma is not like that. If they shut down this line that makes $75k/hr for you to do testing...you are not leaving until ALL of your testing is done. You are not getting a second chance/do over. So I can have a test run planned that should take 2 hrs....and then 15 hrs later...I'm just getting started.

Even then, we the amount of money involved -- people panic and cut corners to "save time". In my role...I have to check that corners have not been cut (which is weird...because a decade in...I KNOW how to hide the bodies so that no one will every find them again...others do not). So, it's the obvious fuck ups that piss me off particularly. Any fuck up that gets past me...I have to explain and defend. So when I was in Germany...they snuck a TON through and never mentioned it to me once. I'm finding out about them as the last line of defense gets them and questions ME about them.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:40 pm

Really...I want to get out of Pharma.

So get out. I'm serious. You and your wife have created a nice little nest egg. Maybe you start searching for something you can do from home...maybe online that you can start producing an income with that if you do well enough can make you as much or more than you're making now. If not, you can always find another job.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:27 pm

So get out. I'm serious. You and your wife have created a nice little nest egg. Maybe you start searching for something you can do from home...maybe online that you can start producing an income with that if you do well enough can make you as much or more than you're making now. If not, you can always find another job.
This.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:40 pm I'm not management at all. I have had management roles before....people are fucking idiots -- at all levels and educations. Not interested in doing that again.

Really...I want to get out of Pharma. The biggest issue with Pharma is that because there is so much money involved....EVERY decision is a multimillion dollar decision. EVERY mistake is a multimillion dollar fuck up. EVERY delay is a multimillion dollar hit to the bottom line. I want to work for a company where if we don't finish this today...we go home and try again tomorrow. Pharma is not like that. If they shut down this line that makes $75k/hr for you to do testing...you are not leaving until ALL of your testing is done. You are not getting a second chance/do over. So I can have a test run planned that should take 2 hrs....and then 15 hrs later...I'm just getting started.

Even then, we the amount of money involved -- people panic and cut corners to "save time". In my role...I have to check that corners have not been cut (which is weird...because a decade in...I KNOW how to hide the bodies so that no one will every find them again...others do not). So, it's the obvious fuck ups that piss me off particularly. Any fuck up that gets past me...I have to explain and defend. So when I was in Germany...they snuck a TON through and never mentioned it to me once. I'm finding out about them as the last line of defense gets them and questions ME about them.
I agree, I remember working at the Ford plant years ago and for every minute the line is down is theoretically $50K lost.

Do Processes Engineering for USPS or any other government agency.

Or better yet take a year off on sabbatical for a year. That way you don't have to quit, you have time to your self and your family. You can figure out what you want to do during that time and when the year is up if you want to go back you can.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:27 pm

the problem is mindset. I'm greedy. I have this theory about work:

-You never last long in a place with shit coworkers and a shit job (I've only had 1 job like this...I didn't last 2 weeks)
-You can last a short while with shit coworkers and a good job (the closest to this I had was working as a FedEx driver. Couldn't stand checking into the terminal in the morning...but 99% of it was working by myself in the truck. I LOVED depending on me)
-You last a little longer with good coworkers and a shit job (this has been a few of my jobs. This is my current predicament as well)
-And good coworkers and a good job just doesn't exist (Never happened)

Realistically...I'm a decade into my Pharma career. I could start over...but my career has been progressive paycuts as our wealth has grown and the desperation/need/drive for more and more money has decreased. I do not make the most I've made in my career...but I make the most/hr. My earning efficiency is maxed. My first role in Pharma...I made $130k+...but was working 60+ hr/wks, EVERY week. Now I I make low 6 figures...but am now salaried (so I do about 36 hrs/wk and no one notices). According to all the studies, I technically have enough wealth to retire. The problem is that I have 0 cushion. So I could likely "retire" and sit on my front porch in a rocking chair until I die. I want to have residual, growing, blow money. I should be at the peak of my earning potential. If I leave pharma and change industry...I suspect my salary gets reduced to 75-80%. I think I've said before...my/our plan is to have 1 more child and work for < 5 years...then go into part time consulting or retire permanently. I figure I can undercut competition because I will have no need for the money...it'll just fund my hobbies (Pharma contractors/consultants generally charge about $300/hr -- I would give a discount to $299.99 :lol: ).
killacross

Post by killacross »

SEAN CONNERY....dead at 90!! wth is going on with 2020?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

just heard about Connery, damn R.I.P 2020 sucks balls.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I had powerline adapters
I bought Google Wifi (mesh) adapters

It's always amazing how technology works and improves so fast!!...now if only I had a faster ISP
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Reading the 'A Contract With Black America ' and half way through. It's pretty well thought out, broad and has good intentions. It will take the full cooperation and effort of everyone in power for those goals to be achieved. It can be done imo. It doesn't seem radical at all considering the history.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:25 pm Reading the 'A Contract With Black America ' and half way through. It's pretty well thought out, broad and has good intentions. It will take the full cooperation and effort of everyone in power for those goals to be achieved. It can be done imo. It doesn't seem radical at all considering the history.
Trump's "support" for it is a joke. He's literally said that some of the things in there won't happen. The plan is also really, really similar to defund the police, which he's still blasting ads against Biden about. It's Trump being Trump.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So I decided to let my son watch and listen to the GOAT of performance and music for the first time, Michael Jackson. We watched Thriller for the first time in the morning. The zombies scared him shitless. I wasn't expecting that and determined to get through the whole music video. He went between his mom's legs for comfort as she glared at me annoyed because she was concerned. He liked the singing though.

Speaking of Halloween, some crazy fucker dressed in a medieval outfit killed 2 people with a katana in Quebec City, a couple more were injured before police found him smfh.
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:32 pm
San Goku wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:25 pm Reading the 'A Contract With Black America ' and half way through. It's pretty well thought out, broad and has good intentions. It will take the full cooperation and effort of everyone in power for those goals to be achieved. It can be done imo. It doesn't seem radical at all considering the history.
Trump's "support" for it is a joke. He's literally said that some of the things in there won't happen. The plan is also really, really similar to defund the police, which he's still blasting ads against Biden about. It's Trump being Trump.
I haven't read Trump's platinum plan yet, just what Cube is pushing but apparently people are happy with Trump's platinum plan.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Mailed in my ballot (well... Dropped it off)

... Kanye 2020 :lol: :lol: :lol:
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://contractwithblackamerica.us/

killacross wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:32 am Mailed in my ballot (well... Dropped it off)

... Kanye 2020 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously? I thought you were Trump lol
killacross

Post by killacross »

Not serious. I voted Trump THIS time. I honestly don't expect him to win. I figure there are more Biden supporters who are unemployed and have the time to go to early polls or vote election day (or campaign/rally/intimidate at the polling location) . I'd suspect election day and a few days after are gonna be preeeetty violent if Trump wins - and people would just vote to stop that (personally I'm stocked up... Don't burn my shit!! Though my neighborhood looks pretty right leaning from the signs in the yards). I'm guessing 8 years of a Democrat - though I don't care which as long as the stock market goes up.

I'm guessing Biden will do just like his former predecessor and say "But the last guy did this and this so I couldn't accomplish anything". After the damage is done and the country does a huge culture swing/shock - - I expect a YUGE red swing afterwards. Or Democrat president and republican house and senate to dead lock them. Either way, nothing will be done from the contract with black America. After the election happens and they have their vote - no one cares about us niggras
killacross

Post by killacross »

Game day!!

It might actually go to Trump this time... Think about it. ALL those Americans who fled the country after Trump won the first time probably won't vote.

Can't wait for it to finally be over one way or the other. It reminds me of the day after Christmas.