Digital Masta

Re: One Piece Chapter 979

Post by Digital Masta »

Uh oh. Luffy about to fuck somebody up.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Luffy is about to wreck everyone there, guarantee Zoro ends up finding Kaido's son first
killacross

Post by killacross »

long arc is too damn long....I completely forgot Kinemon had a DF

also...I wanna see who else Jinbei matches with. I always said that OP characters have 2-3 dominant character traits. It's smart because typically crew members can be interchangeable in arcs and jokes

Ex. Ussop and Chopper are both cowards
Franky and Ussop are both industrious
Brook and Sanji are both perverts
Robin and Zoro are both stoic

Looks like Robin and Jinbei are both mature, level headed "adults"

Carrot and Chopper are both innocent -- which is why I'm sure she's joining the crew too after this arc
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:57 am long arc is too damn long....I completely forgot Kinemon had a DF

also...I wanna see who else Jinbei matches with. I always said that OP characters have 2-3 dominant character traits. It's smart because typically crew members can be interchangeable in arcs and jokes

Ex. Ussop and Chopper are both cowards
Franky and Ussop are both industrious
Brook and Sanji are both perverts
Robin and Zoro are both stoic

Looks like Robin and Jinbei are both mature, level headed "adults"

Carrot and Chopper are both innocent -- which is why I'm sure she's joining the crew too after this arc

Robin and Nami (and Carrot?) are both SEEEEXXXXXYYYYY .

That's a character trait, right? I mean look at Robin in that panel with Jinbei...DAMN GURL!

Luffy and Chopper (I believe) get starry-eyed over cool things.

And yeah...this arc has gone on for way too long but that's always been Oda's problem.

Something that I've been thinking about for years...in the eventual confrontation with Akainu at some point in this series who should be the one to fight him Luffy or Garp?
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I love the idea of Garp fighting Akainu, but it’s gotta be Luffy. I’m finding it very hard to stay interested in all this. I NEED Big Mom to rage so we can see just what a fight between her and Kaido would look like.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Colep924 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:13 am I love the idea of Garp fighting Akainu, but it’s gotta be Luffy. I’m finding it very hard to stay interested in all this. I NEED Big Mom to rage so we can see just what a fight between her and Kaido would look like.

I just kinda feel that Garp has a longer history and that Garp's internal struggle during the war arc and how he threatened that he'd kill Akainu it would be so great for him to take out Akainu. Plus one of OP's big weaknesses is that Luffy takes out all the big bads. Is he supposed to be the character that beats everyone? All the Yonko and every single big bad? I think Luffy taking out Blackbeard is better because Blackbeard is the whole reason Ace was put into that situation to begin with and I think it's clear that he's gonna be the "more important big bad"

I mean hell...even Gohan got to take out Cell.

One thing that bothers me about One Piece is that even though they are supposed to be a pirate crew and a team they NEVER defeat a single big bad as a team. It's always people getting sectioned off into 1 vs 1 fights.

I would like to think if they beat say Kaido they do it as team. One of the reasons is just because of the sheer size of him. He's ENORMOUS and perfect for a team defeat.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I always thought of OP fights starting with the 1v1s. The SHs win and regroup. Then when its the SHs vs the final leader..everyone gets disabled, except Luffy uses his 2nd devil fruit - the Nakama Namaka no mi to win...barely
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

A lot of people actual speculate that ittl be Luffy, Law, Kidd and the rest of the supernovas on Wano who team up against Kaido in the end. That’s an awesome idea, but I doubt we’ll get anything more than a chapter or two of cooperation. But yeah I agree, OP has always been the Luffy show. I’d love to see Zoro take out a pirate captain for once but it won’t happen.

But shit Killa, you got me over here trying to figure out all the parallels between the Straw hats.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I would rather see majority of the fight a team up against Kaido and then make it come down to 1-3 ppl that defeat him. Realistically it has to be that way. Kaido has too much subordinates who are very powerful.

For some reason I feel like Monosuke(sp?) will unleash some hidden OP power. He's fucking useless... or maybe the mother will reappear? I know Oda is going to surprise me some how with something I seen 50+ chapters ago.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I’m 100% sure by the end of this arc, Momonoskue is gonna be revealed to be Uranus.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Plot Twist: Momo unlocks his true power and turns into a giant dragon rivaling Kaido and takes him out only to pass out afterward from the stress on his little body.