Discuss any new manga chapters in here
Colep924

Re: Boku No Hero Academia

Post by Colep924 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:00 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:18 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:54 pm
So is Gran Torino Shigarakis father? Guess you were right about him bitin the bullet.
I don't think they've said anything about Torino being more than just close friends with Nana, but when they said "our choice" that does imply something. Nana is the grandmother - she gave up her son Kotaro, Shigaraki's dad.

Not sure how he got so tiny though, he's damn tall in that flashback.

I've been accidentally calling him Shiragaki this entire time, whoops.

Edit: In Chapter 95, they say that her husband was killed. He could have just helped her with the decision.
Just read 95. Gran Torino himself says her husband died so maybe he was just bull shitting them? Though I’d imagine All Might would also be privy to that information so maybe not. I thought Eraser might die but I guess he’s just gonna lose his quirk. Once that happens it’s a wrap, none of them can stand up to Shigaraki. Midoriya better learn to fly fast.

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:48 pm

Colep924 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:00 pm
xandorxerxes wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:18 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:54 pm
So is Gran Torino Shigarakis father? Guess you were right about him bitin the bullet.
I don't think they've said anything about Torino being more than just close friends with Nana, but when they said "our choice" that does imply something. Nana is the grandmother - she gave up her son Kotaro, Shigaraki's dad.

Not sure how he got so tiny though, he's damn tall in that flashback.

I've been accidentally calling him Shiragaki this entire time, whoops.

Edit: In Chapter 95, they say that her husband was killed. He could have just helped her with the decision.
Just read 95. Gran Torino himself says her husband died so maybe he was just bull shitting them? Though I’d imagine All Might would also be privy to that information so maybe not. I thought Eraser might die but I guess he’s just gonna lose his quirk. Once that happens it’s a wrap, none of them can stand up to Shigaraki. Midoriya better learn to fly fast.
It could also have been a decision she and her husband came up with, and maybe they put it off until he was killed or he was killed before they could execute it.

Colep924

Post by Colep924 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:57 pm

Erasers the fucking man

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes » Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:33 am

Guess that one vial wasn't enough to stop him, at least immediately.

Still not sure what's going to stop Shigaraki at this point... Maybe he can't dust being encased in ice?

Colep924

Post by Colep924 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:45 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:33 am
Guess that one vial wasn't enough to stop him, at least immediately.

Still not sure what's going to stop Shigaraki at this point... Maybe he can't dust being encased in ice?
I don’t think anything’s gonna stop him, least of all some
Ice. This is gonna be a big blow to the “hero society” I’m actually hoping your prediction about villains ruling and heroes going underground comes to pass. That’d be a really interesting direction for the plot to take

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes » Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:56 am

Aw, we've started to hit some major shonen tropes. Boo. We got the
Spoiler!
angry protagonist power-up and the villain whose body can't handle the power all in one chapter.
The author has managed to shoehorn in another good-guys win scenario, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Thinking about it at a non-story level, we've gotten at least mildly fleshed out backstories for most of the League of Villains. Dabi, the new guy, and the mask/top hat guy are all we don't know, right? If Dabi is related to Endeavor, it's entirely likely we get some sort of story on that shortly. It may be that the League of Villains is in its swan song.

Colep924

Post by Colep924 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:57 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:56 am
Aw, we've started to hit some major shonen tropes. Boo. We got the
Spoiler!
angry protagonist power-up and the villain whose body can't handle the power all in one chapter.
The author has managed to shoehorn in another good-guys win scenario, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Thinking about it at a non-story level, we've gotten at least mildly fleshed out backstories for most of the League of Villains. Dabi, the new guy, and the mask/top hat guy are all we don't know, right? If Dabi is related to Endeavor, it's entirely likely we get some sort of story on that shortly. It may be that the League of Villains is in its swan song.
I could see the League going down, or rather them changing leaders, with All For One taking over Shigarakis body. Maybe Deku will weaken him so much he can’t resist AFO taking over. We already got a little hint of that during this fight.

Colep924

Post by Colep924 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 pm

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

Gimme your thoughts man, cause I don’t know how to feel about this one