Boku No Hero Academia

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
Colep924

Re: Boku No Hero Academia

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:19 am
Colep924 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:58 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 am

Yeah, that whole fight was pretty amazing. I love it. I think the chapter's implying her quirk is gone forever, but it took a couple of readings.
I’m not sure what happened, obviously he got rid of it otherwise he’s die, but from what I understood he wasn’t able to pass it on.
My understanding was that she made it effectively die waging war in his body instead of able to be transferred out. I'm assuming that's because his ability to transfer quirks to others is itself a quirk that it fought against.
I see, so it fought against even the ability to be transferred, but due to how many quirks he possessed, New Order “died” before it could kill him?

It’s been hinted that quirks have the personality, or life force in some way of their owner, I wonder if that had anything to do with that weird panel of Midoriya surrounded by different arms.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 pm

I’m not sure what happened, obviously he got rid of it otherwise he’s die, but from what I understood he wasn’t able to pass it on.
My understanding was that she made it effectively die waging war in his body instead of able to be transferred out. I'm assuming that's because his ability to transfer quirks to others is itself a quirk that it fought against.
I see, so it fought against even the ability to be transferred, but due to how many quirks he possessed, New Order “died” before it could kill him?

It’s been hinted that quirks have the personality, or life force in some way of their owner, I wonder if that had anything to do with that weird panel of Midoriya surrounded by different arms.
That's what I think happened, at any rate.

I think the person surrounded by arms wasn't Midoriya but actually shigaraki being suppressed.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:20 am

Yeah, that whole fight was pretty amazing. I love it. I think the chapter's implying her quirk is gone forever, but it took a couple of readings.
Yeah after the latest chapter it seems you’re right about that.

The traitors finally revealed. Gotta say I’m a little disappointed cause I can’t even remember her name, but I still loved the chapter and reveal
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:44 am

Yeah after the latest chapter it seems you’re right about that.

The traitors finally revealed. Gotta say I’m a little disappointed cause I can’t even remember her name, but I still loved the chapter and reveal
OR IS IT. What amused me is that he's the guy that they first framed as the traitor before subverting it, while the author definitely framed Hagakure last chapter.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I don’t know what it is about the nonsense Midoriya spouts, that makes him seem so much cornier than your average Shonen protagonist, but I’d be lying if I said I totally hated it.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:07 pm I don’t know what it is about the nonsense Midoriya spouts, that makes him seem so much cornier than your average Shonen protagonist, but I’d be lying if I said I totally hated it.
No clue. I'm glad we don't get a straight friendship-no-jutsu, but it sounds like something close to it may still happen.

Kinda feel like the dude's totally dead though.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Things are moving really fast. I guess AFO was never effected by having a whole slew of quirks due to the nature of his quirks. Cause Shigaraki even with his super body seems to be getting torn apart
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:05 pm Things are moving really fast. I guess AFO was never effected by having a whole slew of quirks due to the nature of his quirks. Cause Shigaraki even with his super body seems to be getting torn apart
I felt like things were moving fast... but now it's like 80 chapters of "We're gonna go get him!"
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:44 am
Colep924 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:05 pm Things are moving really fast. I guess AFO was never effected by having a whole slew of quirks due to the nature of his quirks. Cause Shigaraki even with his super body seems to be getting torn apart
I felt like things were moving fast... but now it's like 80 chapters of "We're gonna go get him!"
Has it really been that long? I think that arc with Midoriya flying solo should’ve lasted a little longer tbh.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:17 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:44 am
Has it really been that long? I think that arc with Midoriya flying solo should’ve lasted a little longer tbh.
It hasn't been that long, I'm way exaggerating. Just feels like the whole buildup to actually doing something is taking forever - lots of saying "we're going to do it!" but we haven't been given any sort of "we're going to prepare by doing X" so we have no way of knowing when things are actually going to start.

I wouldn't have minded Midoriya solo for longer either.

The thought I had the other day - which I don't think is likely - what happens if this all fails? They go after AFO, but it's at best a pyrrhic victory? That'd definitely keep the story going for longer, but I'm not sure the author would want to extend it that way given that it's shonen and he follows shonen tropes.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Talk about racing toward the end
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:53 pm Talk about racing toward the end
Lol, the plan is to literally divide everyone up and port them to small fights. That's hilarious. He actually justified the trope in the manga instead of just doing it.

This may go on for 10 years depending on how many of these fights he wants to showcase. I'm expecting an Avengers scene at the end where everyone starts popping out of portals after their fights to confront the big bad. I wonder if we'll see any heroes bite it. Also, I feel like if Eri doesn't play a role then that will feel like a giant dropped plot thread.

AFO gets all of the powers and then Eri somehow reverts him to pre-quirk stage and boom, no one has powers anymore.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:02 am
Lol, the plan is to literally divide everyone up and port them to small fights. That's hilarious. He actually justified the trope in the manga instead of just doing it.

This may go on for 10 years depending on how many of these fights he wants to showcase. I'm expecting an Avengers scene at the end where everyone starts popping out of portals after their fights to confront the big bad. I wonder if we'll see any heroes bite it. Also, I feel like if Eri doesn't play a role then that will feel like a giant dropped plot thread.

AFO gets all of the powers and then Eri somehow reverts him to pre-quirk stage and boom, no one has powers anymore.

I don’t really remember how he handles arc, do side characters get to shine? I could definitely see that, they an army h Tim Midoriya is fully mature.

Never even considered Eri. Always thought her healing Midoriya and the other guy who turns intangible was all she’d do.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:45 am
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:02 am

I don’t really remember how he handles arc, do side characters get to shine? I could definitely see that, they an army h Tim Midoriya is fully mature.

Never even considered Eri. Always thought her healing Midoriya and the other guy who turns intangible was all she’d do.
I feel like they have before - I think it's Red Riot? that specifically comes to mind. I don't know that many will get spotlights though.

Her ability to negate quirks just seems too invaluable to just leave on the table.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I do remember Red Riot but no one else really

What the fuck happened at the end of that did he hit Eraser?
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I always wondered how all of Midoriya friends would compete but I definitely didn’t expect that