Boku No Hero Academia

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
Colep924

Re: Boku No Hero Academia

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:18 pm
Colep924 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:54 pm So is Gran Torino Shigarakis father? Guess you were right about him bitin the bullet.
I don't think they've said anything about Torino being more than just close friends with Nana, but when they said "our choice" that does imply something. Nana is the grandmother - she gave up her son Kotaro, Shigaraki's dad.

Not sure how he got so tiny though, he's damn tall in that flashback.

I've been accidentally calling him Shiragaki this entire time, whoops.

Edit: In Chapter 95, they say that her husband was killed. He could have just helped her with the decision.
Just read 95. Gran Torino himself says her husband died so maybe he was just bull shitting them? Though I’d imagine All Might would also be privy to that information so maybe not. I thought Eraser might die but I guess he’s just gonna lose his quirk. Once that happens it’s a wrap, none of them can stand up to Shigaraki. Midoriya better learn to fly fast.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:00 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:18 pm
Colep924 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:54 pm So is Gran Torino Shigarakis father? Guess you were right about him bitin the bullet.
I don't think they've said anything about Torino being more than just close friends with Nana, but when they said "our choice" that does imply something. Nana is the grandmother - she gave up her son Kotaro, Shigaraki's dad.

Not sure how he got so tiny though, he's damn tall in that flashback.

I've been accidentally calling him Shiragaki this entire time, whoops.

Edit: In Chapter 95, they say that her husband was killed. He could have just helped her with the decision.
Just read 95. Gran Torino himself says her husband died so maybe he was just bull shitting them? Though I’d imagine All Might would also be privy to that information so maybe not. I thought Eraser might die but I guess he’s just gonna lose his quirk. Once that happens it’s a wrap, none of them can stand up to Shigaraki. Midoriya better learn to fly fast.
It could also have been a decision she and her husband came up with, and maybe they put it off until he was killed or he was killed before they could execute it.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Erasers the fucking man
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Guess that one vial wasn't enough to stop him, at least immediately.

Still not sure what's going to stop Shigaraki at this point... Maybe he can't dust being encased in ice?
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:33 am Guess that one vial wasn't enough to stop him, at least immediately.

Still not sure what's going to stop Shigaraki at this point... Maybe he can't dust being encased in ice?
I don’t think anything’s gonna stop him, least of all some
Ice. This is gonna be a big blow to the “hero society” I’m actually hoping your prediction about villains ruling and heroes going underground comes to pass. That’d be a really interesting direction for the plot to take
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Aw, we've started to hit some major shonen tropes. Boo. We got the
[SHOW]
angry protagonist power-up and the villain whose body can't handle the power all in one chapter.
The author has managed to shoehorn in another good-guys win scenario, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Thinking about it at a non-story level, we've gotten at least mildly fleshed out backstories for most of the League of Villains. Dabi, the new guy, and the mask/top hat guy are all we don't know, right? If Dabi is related to Endeavor, it's entirely likely we get some sort of story on that shortly. It may be that the League of Villains is in its swan song.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:56 am Aw, we've started to hit some major shonen tropes. Boo. We got the
[SHOW]
angry protagonist power-up and the villain whose body can't handle the power all in one chapter.
The author has managed to shoehorn in another good-guys win scenario, so it's not all doom and gloom.

Thinking about it at a non-story level, we've gotten at least mildly fleshed out backstories for most of the League of Villains. Dabi, the new guy, and the mask/top hat guy are all we don't know, right? If Dabi is related to Endeavor, it's entirely likely we get some sort of story on that shortly. It may be that the League of Villains is in its swan song.
I could see the League going down, or rather them changing leaders, with All For One taking over Shigarakis body. Maybe Deku will weaken him so much he can’t resist AFO taking over. We already got a little hint of that during this fight.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

Gimme your thoughts man, cause I don’t know how to feel about this one
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Oh nice, didn't realize there was a chapter this week since I didn't see it go up. Don't know what my actual thoughts are at the moment, so here are some random thoughts:

Deku thinking he was the only one who could keep him in the air with Bakugo and Endeavor there seemed silly, but his single-mindedness of "only I can do it" I think fits with his character to some extent. You'd think he'd remember Bakugo though, considering all they've gone through together.

If the true AFO wasn't actually passed down, and Shigaraki is just a pawn, then essentially AFO's user could be forcing Deku to use his power too early and destroy himself. The other powers would just be an unexpected variable (or I guess fully expected if AFO's owner knows exactly how OFA works).

The 4th OFA user was brought up at the same time as they made comments about seeking power and harming those around you, and given that his information was scrubbed it could be that the 4th OFA user had a quirk that was incredibly destructive. Maybe the user killed a lot of people or something similar, and since it didn't record his cause of death too it could be something like a suicide (not likely, shonen). His power didn't consume himself or he wouldn't have been able to pass it on, but All Might may be afraid he's going to tap into that and do a lot of unintended damage.

Of course that's pretty well countered by the whole "learn to control it first" thing they're trying to do, but Frozen as a movie happened with a similar basis so who knows.

Other thought I had was that Deku's mind might be getting corrupted by the previous users' (maybe see top?). It could be that the 4th OFA had a mental quirk or something causing it too, who knows. I'm just wildly speculating. I think we're getting hints at Bakugo having to stop him or otherwise stop something from happening. My first thought when the chapter started was that Bakugo was going to take a dusting for him, glad to see I was wrong (so far). The whole "I could never catch him" could be either a cute anecdote or foreshadowing.

Those are my ramblings so far...

Edit: In chapter 213, he's explicitly warned by the 5th OFA user to not use his power when he's angry, or it will respond in kind. Guess we're about to see what happens.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Deku is definitely the only one who can keep him in the air. For Endeavor or Bakugo to pull that off they’d have to be in contact with him. Dekus got the whips, so he can keep him airborne without touching him.

I always found it odd that AFO would copy his quirk and give it away. Why not just make a copy and give it to your protege? I can definitely see that happening.

Didn’t even consider the 4th quirk to be an issue. I thought maybe OFA went berserk, but I like that better. Plus, whatever this quirk is it’s gonna be exponentially stronger now. Looking forward to seeing all these quirks.

I can’t imagine Deku being “corrupted” by the other users, but maybe influenced. I imagine they all wanna see Deku succeed so it would be weird for him to be corrupted by them. And Bakugo getting dusted just seems unlikely at this stage in the series. Though he’d have some balls to do that.

Damn Deku getting those whips was way older than I thought.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

And there it is, looks like we're both right.
[SHOW]
Shigaraki's getting mind controlled and Bakugo pulled a Deku. Given that Deku's body is now implied to be toast, I'm not sure what miracle happens to cure him unless one of his untapped powers is also regeneration of some sort. Or maybe Eri can reverse it again somehow with some miracle serum they've concocted from her. Just making things up again.

I feel like that's definitely not the end of Bakugo, so I'll be interested to see where his character development leads from here.
Endeavor's definitely trying to kill Shigaraki at this point too, and now he's close range. Though I guess AFO isn't used to Shigaraki's power, since he punched him away instead of dusting him.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:26 pm And there it is, looks like we're both right.
[SHOW]
Shigaraki's getting mind controlled and Bakugo pulled a Deku. Given that Deku's body is now implied to be toast, I'm not sure what miracle happens to cure him unless one of his untapped powers is also regeneration of some sort. Or maybe Eri can reverse it again somehow with some miracle serum they've concocted from her. Just making things up again.

I feel like that's definitely not the end of Bakugo, so I'll be interested to see where his character development leads from here.
Endeavor's definitely trying to kill Shigaraki at this point too, and now he's close range. Though I guess AFO isn't used to Shigaraki's power, since he punched him away instead of dusting him.
Yeah Dekus definitely gonna need some serious RnR after this lol. I’m assuming Bakugo just loses his quirk but that’s a pretty serious injury, he might die, I doubt it but who knows. I figured AFO wasn’t out for the count, but it didn’t seem like he wanted to outright take control. Definitely looking forward to what happens between Shigaraki and AFO. I think AFO was always trying to kill Shigaraki lolol
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:05 am
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 11:26 pm And there it is, looks like we're both right.
[SHOW]

Yeah Dekus definitely gonna need some serious RnR after this lol. I’m assuming Bakugo just loses his quirk but that’s a pretty serious injury, he might die, I doubt it but who knows. I figured AFO wasn’t out for the count, but it didn’t seem like he wanted to outright take control. Definitely looking forward to what happens between Shigaraki and AFO. I think AFO was always trying to kill Shigaraki lolol
It looks bad initially, but also remember the injury that All Might lived with. This looks like his shoulder got speared, and if he's unlucky his abdomen. It's one of those spots that's really "this injury is as bad as the author wants it to be" because it's the damage could range from a truly critical hit to a lucky "he missed everything vital" based on what I've seen in different mangas previously.

I'm not really sure where the whole "taking over Shigaraki" thing is going really. He could have just taken the quirk if he wanted the quirk... feel like if he wanted a new body he probably could have just found a better candidate for taking over (unless there's some reason the author establishes that it has to be Shigaraki).
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:24 pm
Colep924 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:05 am
[SHOW]

It looks bad initially, but also remember the injury that All Might lived with. This looks like his shoulder got speared, and if he's unlucky his abdomen. It's one of those spots that's really "this injury is as bad as the author wants it to be" because it's the damage could range from a truly critical hit to a lucky "he missed everything vital" based on what I've seen in different mangas previously.

I'm not really sure where the whole "taking over Shigaraki" thing is going really. He could have just taken the quirk if he wanted the quirk... feel like if he wanted a new body he probably could have just found a better candidate for taking over (unless there's some reason the author establishes that it has to be Shigaraki).
In all honesty, I don’t for a second think Bakugo will die. I’d gain a lot of respect for this author if he did, but he won’t. Definitely gonna be some interesting character development though.

As for AFO you gotta remember, his injuries were just as bad as All Mights, so he needs a new body. Getting Shigarakis is like killing two birds with one stone. Someone not only who’s potentially compatible with OFA, but who has a quirk so OP he can trivialize just about any hero.

All I gotta say is, shits gonna be very interesting if this guy doesn’t make this too cliche.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... ction=read

Not sure what’s about to go down...... should be interesting though
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Lots of possibilities, pretty open-ended. Maybe Big Bad AFO is restricted, but in doing so it also restricts Midoriya's access to the other quirks. Maybe it's the impetus Shigaraki needs to no longer desire OFA. Maybe I'm full of it. Pretty sure the latter's the case...
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:57 pm Lots of possibilities, pretty open-ended. Maybe Big Bad AFO is restricted, but in doing so it also restricts Midoriya's access to the other quirks. Maybe it's the impetus Shigaraki needs to no longer desire OFA. Maybe I'm full of it. Pretty sure the latter's the case...
Seems like AFO and Shigaraki have something similar to Midoriya and The previous OFA owners. I’m just wondering what exactly they’re gonna, “handle” are we about to see thee OFA user kick some AFO ass?

In any case, we should’ve expected old grandma to make an appearance. Not only is this Midoriya and Shigarakis first real fight, but her quirk just happened to manifest during it. Oh, and it’s the perfect counter to his OP ability.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero- ... pter/21407

Soooo everyone’s quirks are alive? I’m guessing that “quirk singularity” theory will have something to do with this. Maybe all quirks exist in some kind of separate plane, creating a link between people? I don’t know I’m just making a random guess, but I’m guessing it’s something along those lines.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »