Post by Colep924 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Ends next week apparently

xandorxerxes

Re: Chainsawman

Post by xandorxerxes » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:51 am

Colep924 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:31 pm
Ends next week apparently
Well OK then, guess it's not the extended route...

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta » Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:05 am

If that's the case then it was overall a mediocre series. His monster designs got better as time went on though.

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:46 pm

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw ... ction=read

It ends NEXT week, not this week. I also am not sure what Denji just did.

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:45 pm

I'm not sure if that flashback was from earlier in the series, as my memory is too terrible, but it sounds like he cloned himself, put Pochita in the clone, then used Power's blood manipulation to create a new chainsaw for himself to fuck with Makima's body. I'm guessing she gets dismembered and thrown into the van, maybe distributed somewhere so she can't come back. The whole living as Makima thing I have no idea about, unless it's to set up some insight about how he found a weakness.

Also not sure if Makima's reflection on the chainsaw was relevant or not. Maybe she has no mirrors in her apartment and that's what he figured out.

superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:17 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:45 pm
I'm not sure if that flashback was from earlier in the series, as my memory is too terrible, but it sounds like he cloned himself, put Pochita in the clone, then used Power's blood manipulation to create a new chainsaw for himself to fuck with Makima's body. I'm guessing she gets dismembered and thrown into the van, maybe distributed somewhere so she can't come back. The whole living as Makima thing I have no idea about, unless it's to set up some insight about how he found a weakness.

Also not sure if Makima's reflection on the chainsaw was relevant or not. Maybe she has no mirrors in her apartment and that's what he figured out.
It straight up alluded to makima becoming one with denji, as in, all those containers are pieces of makima.

It all started with denji eating a single slice of bread, then getting a puke kiss, now he's eating makima.

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes » Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:08 pm

superbob wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:17 am
xandorxerxes wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:45 pm

It straight up alluded to makima becoming one with denji, as in, all those containers are pieces of makima.

It all started with denji eating a single slice of bread, then getting a puke kiss, now he's eating makima.
I reread it, and that makes more sense. For some reason I got the feeling that it was a flashback to Denji preparing to fight for some reason. Whoops.

Colep924

Post by Colep924 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:20 pm

So Chainsawman PART ONE ends this week. The next parts gonna be switching to a monthly release. Also an anime is coming.