One Piece Chapter 1047

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
Post Reply
San Goku
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by San Goku » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:12 am


Digital Masta
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:03 am

I'm so tired of this now. At least we have confirmation that Roger had no fruit.

San Goku
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by San Goku » Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:30 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:03 am
I'm so tired of this now. At least we have confirmation that Roger had no fruit.
Ya that was a bit surprising, makes Roger undoubtedly the GOAT.

Colep924
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Colep924 » Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:13 pm

I’m definitely over all this too kinda feels like I’m saying why every chapter. I wonder if Luffy having the Nika fruit will lead to something Roger couldn’t find or truly understand in the One Piece.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:25 am

Also I recently realized how much it doesn't matter that Luffy wants to become Pirate King because most pirates of worth don't care about becoming it. There are a few but even the Yonko aren't specifically set on that. They just do whatever the fuck they want. Shanks already experienced everything there is regarding that journey because he was there for the ride. It is kind of a hollow goal, at least Naruto had a reason to become Hokage, to gain the respect and acknowledge of those that treated him like shit. Luffy literally just does it because it is fun.

Roger became Pirate King through the process of living his life to the fullest and wanting to know everything he could, it wasn't his goal to become Pirate King.

San Goku
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by San Goku » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:32 am

^^ Not quite remember Shanks and Buggy had to stay back behind in the flashback if I'm not mistaken.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:16 pm

San Goku wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:32 am
^^ Not quite remember Shanks and Buggy had to stay back behind in the flashback if I'm not mistaken.
My point was that Shanks isn't interested in becoming Pirate King either because he grew up being around Roger.

Colep924
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Colep924 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:50 pm

Kaido just wants to die at this point. I just hope Oda gives a really good Kaido backstory, cause the end of this is ruining some pretty great shit for me.

killacross
Posts: 1187
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by killacross » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:18 am

Shanks has been to OP and has no interest in it. He will be the final boss Luffy fights..and Shanks will decide if he is worthy to make it. Past that -- Shanks wants Luffy to surpass him...but I'm not sure why

Digital Masta
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:12 am

killacross wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:18 am
Shanks has been to OP and has no interest in it. He will be the final boss Luffy fights..and Shanks will decide if he is worthy to make it. Past that -- Shanks wants Luffy to surpass him...but I'm not sure why
I honestly think it's just something shallow like he took a liking to Luffy and seems a bit of himself and Roger in him. That's really it.

San Goku
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by San Goku » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:55 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:12 am
killacross wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:18 am
Shanks has been to OP and has no interest in it. He will be the final boss Luffy fights..and Shanks will decide if he is worthy to make it. Past that -- Shanks wants Luffy to surpass him...but I'm not sure why
I honestly think it's just something shallow like he took a liking to Luffy and seems a bit of himself and Roger in him. That's really it.
How is that shallow though, he could be genuine with that feeling lol. Like a vet taking a rookie under his wing in the NFL, NBA, NHL or any mentor at a job. But ya I wouldn't be surprised either if you were right.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:09 am

San Goku wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:55 am
Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:12 am
killacross wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:18 am
Shanks has been to OP and has no interest in it. He will be the final boss Luffy fights..and Shanks will decide if he is worthy to make it. Past that -- Shanks wants Luffy to surpass him...but I'm not sure why
I honestly think it's just something shallow like he took a liking to Luffy and seems a bit of himself and Roger in him. That's really it.
How is that shallow though, he could be genuine with that feeling lol. Like a vet taking a rookie under his wing in the NFL, NBA, NHL or any mentor at a job. But ya I wouldn't be surprised either if you were right.
Vets actually spend time training and advising the rookie. Shanks didn't train Luffy, he chilled in Luffy's town for a bit and then left. I'm gonna bring up Naruto again because he's the closest to Luffy in terms of goals. At least the adults that Naruto looked up to spent time training him and/or also had a deep emotional connection to him through shared history. Kakashi being the student of his father and Jiraiya being the teacher of his father but also a father-like figure.

Colep924
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Colep924 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 am

San is right I don’t know where you guys got the idea that Shanks has been to Laugh Tale. I wouldn’t be surprised, but it’s been explicitly stated he didn’t go with Roger, so we have no reason to think he’s been there since it’s virtually impossible.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1072
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:42 am

Colep924 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 am
San is right I don’t know where you guys got the idea that Shanks has been to Laugh Tale. I wouldn’t be surprised, but it’s been explicitly stated he didn’t go with Roger, so we have no reason to think he’s been there since it’s virtually impossible.
I never said Shanks went to Laugh Tale, I just stated that he experienced everything there is to experience in regards to the adventures of "Pirate King" by being with Roger for most of his childhood and as such has no interest in being Pirate King. He said that if he wants to go to Laugh Tale he'll go with Buggy.

San Goku
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by San Goku » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:23 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:09 am
San Goku wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:55 am
Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:12 am


I honestly think it's just something shallow like he took a liking to Luffy and seems a bit of himself and Roger in him. That's really it.
How is that shallow though, he could be genuine with that feeling lol. Like a vet taking a rookie under his wing in the NFL, NBA, NHL or any mentor at a job. But ya I wouldn't be surprised either if you were right.
Vets actually spend time training and advising the rookie. Shanks didn't train Luffy, he chilled in Luffy's town for a bit and then left. I'm gonna bring up Naruto again because he's the closest to Luffy in terms of goals. At least the adults that Naruto looked up to spent time training him and/or also had a deep emotional connection to him through shared history. Kakashi being the student of his father and Jiraiya being the teacher of his father but also a father-like figure.
Point taken, I stand corrected.

Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:42 am
Colep924 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 am
San is right I don’t know where you guys got the idea that Shanks has been to Laugh Tale. I wouldn’t be surprised, but it’s been explicitly stated he didn’t go with Roger, so we have no reason to think he’s been there since it’s virtually impossible.
I never said Shanks went to Laugh Tale, I just stated that he experienced everything there is to experience in regards to the adventures of "Pirate King" by being with Roger for most of his childhood and as such has no interest in being Pirate King. He said that if he wants to go to Laugh Tale he'll go with Buggy.
Shanks may still very well want to get One Piece. To your point he's experienced everything with Roger. That's really the only box to be checked off of every epic thing you could possibly do on this planet.

Colep924
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by Colep924 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:18 pm

I think we’re thinking too hard about just who is actively seeking the One Piece. Pretty much all the Supernovas are, Law was hunting down Kaidos stone within the last 100 chapters. The fact is it’s virtually impossible for anyone to get to Laugh Tale, I’m certain Kaido was really gunning for it at one point. Big Mom was talking about getting it durin Whole Cake Island and had several schemes in which she was attempting to get it by gaining massive power. The giants, Germa 66 and even Pudding is basically a play for the One Piece. The fact is everyone wants it, it’s just the adventure to getting it has always been what this story is truly about rather than the actual treasure itself

San Goku
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: One Piece Chapter 1047

Post by San Goku » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:50 pm

It's Golden Week next week correct? So no new chapters for 2 weeks probably?

Post Reply