One Piece Chapter 1045

Discuss any new manga chapters in here
San Goku

One Piece Chapter 1045

Post by San Goku »

https://www.manga33.com/manga/one-piece-1045-0.html

Gear 5 is amazing! Toon Power ftw! He's making good use of his awakening power.
killacross

Re: One Piece Chapter 1045

Post by killacross »

I feel a OP break coming on
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I'm still not sure I like this.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

When everyone was thinking about the awakened Luffy I bet you they weren't thinking about this. I don't mind the appearance as much as the looney toons way of fighting and acting.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:34 pm When everyone was thinking about the awakened Luffy I bet you they weren't thinking about this. I don't mind the appearance as much as the looney toons way of fighting and acting.
I simply imagined turning his surroundings into rubber. It actually looks like he's incapable of being killed in this form if he's aware of the incoming attack.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:54 pm
Haohmaru wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:34 pm When everyone was thinking about the awakened Luffy I bet you they weren't thinking about this. I don't mind the appearance as much as the looney toons way of fighting and acting.
I simply imagined turning his surroundings into rubber. It actually looks like he's incapable of being killed in this form if he's aware of the incoming attack.
That is correct based on Kaido's explanation, what makes Luffy so dangerous now. I'm fine with that.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Imagine Luffy vs Blackbeard....or Luffy vs Shanks
..this shit is lame

I wanted Rob Lucchi level fighting -- where Luffy barely eek'd out the win...not Roger Rabbit
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:12 pm Imagine Luffy vs Blackbeard....or Luffy vs Shanks
..this shit is lame

I wanted Rob Lucchi level fighting -- where Luffy barely eek'd out the win...not Roger Rabbit
By time Luffy gets to Blackbeard, Blackbeard will be ridiculously OP having full mastery of Whitebeards DF and his own.

Maybe Oda might put on a serious condition to be met in order for Luffy to go Gear 5 again. 🤔
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:12 pm Imagine Luffy vs Blackbeard....or Luffy vs Shanks
..this shit is lame

Yeah, I am firmly in the camp that this shit sucks. People have been riding Oda's nuts for years, and I enjoy OP but always feel like I was one of the few that didn't think he could do no wrong. Ass-pulls are something he is notorious for and it is a big hole in his writing ability.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Well you maybe wrong, let's see how the fight progresses .
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I really don’t even know what to make of this. Is his power being a cartoon?
killacross

Post by killacross »

Colep924 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:39 pm I really don’t even know what to make of this. Is his power being a cartoon?
I think he's a cartoon -- and everyone around him is a cartoon (he makes their eyes bulge out the same way)
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I guess Gear 5 let’s him turn things to rubber, and let’s him control his rubber body similarly to someone like The Elastic man or Mr Fantastic. Prior to this it always seemed like Luffys ability to stretch was a combination of his rubber body, and impossible physical abilities. Now not only can he stretch at will, but he can grow without having to pump air into his body.

I don’t think this is some weird ability that makes the world act more cartoonish, I think it’s really just this “freedom” Luffy has with his body that makes it so ridiculous. Luffy always made people laugh and smile, now his child like imagination is completely unhindered by his new form.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

He ran across the sky like a cartoon after Kaido blast breathed him point-blank. That's a classic cartoon thing. That wasn't skywalk and Don Flamingo had to use clouds in combination with his strings in order to fly. Luffy is over here manipulating matter in a reality-warping sort of way now. Hence why I said before that he has toon force now. It's basically matter manipulation on a large scale so long as it's funny.

He is definitely a cartoon now. Looney Tunes isn't very well known in Japan, everyone knows Disney characters but nobody knows Buggs Bunny. Tom and Jerry, however, is well known here. There is a Japanese blog that went over the last chapter and showed comparisons in the panels to certain Tom and Jerry cartoons.

https://onepiece-log.com/blog-entry-2540.html#4

Oda is definitely doing some Tom and Jerry shit.

How much more powerful will Blackbeard need to be in order for Luffy to even find him a challenge? Blackbeard's DF canceling ability only works if he is touching you...at least for now and with the way haki works there is a chance that Luffy will be able to shield himself with haki to prevent that from happening.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Blackbeard is only that strong because of his devil fruits. Luffy doesn't need his devil fruits to beat Black Beard. Only BB miraculously powers up to the point that he's on Kaidou's level haki wise he's going to be canon fodder.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:35 pm Blackbeard is only that strong because of his devil fruits. Luffy doesn't need his devil fruits to beat Black Beard. Only BB miraculously powers up to the point that he's on Kaidou's level haki wise he's going to be canon fodder.
If that's the case then

I think Oda will end up making Luffy having to go through Shanks in order to get to One Piece but I hope he doesn't do that, it would be sad. It would be better if they teamed up. I say that cause Luffy's whole journey started with Shanks giving him his hat, so it would be coming back full circle.

If that isn't the case then BB will have to get a Power boost, it's only right. He's been climbing the ladder exponentially like Luffy as well so it's not an ass pull given what we have before us now.