The Boys

Colep924

The Boys

Post by Colep924 »

Sooooooo who’s watching this show?
San Goku

Re: The Boys

Post by San Goku »

Mentioned it a couple times in the general discussion, great show. You just reminded me I need to watch last weekend's episode.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Something about the comic rubbed me the wrong way after a while. How's the show compare?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:54 pm Something about the comic rubbed me the wrong way after a while. How's the show compare?
I am on issue 8 of the comic and it rubs you the wrong way because of the European edgelord-ness of the writer. This happens with European writers. Mark Millar is the same with his stuff (see Wanted and Kick Ass). They are so often like "Look! See all the sex, violence and overall debauchery I put in my comic! I AM SO EDGY!" and it just comes off as juvenile.

I am about to start episode 4 of season 1. I have been forbidden from watching it without my gf being around because she doesn't have amazon prime at home.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:08 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:54 pm Something about the comic rubbed me the wrong way after a while. How's the show compare?
I am on issue 8 of the comic and it rubs you the wrong way because of the European edgelord-ness of the writer. This happens with European writers. Mark Millar is the same with his stuff (see Wanted and Kick Ass). They are so often like "Look! See all the sex, violence and overall debauchery I put in my comic! I AM SO EDGY!" and it just comes off as juvenile.

I am about to start episode 4 of season 1. I have been forbidden from watching it without my gf being around because she doesn't have amazon prime at home.
Tell her to get prime for free for like a month.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^ always good to have at least one show to watch together.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

That seventh episode of season 2 was wild. Gonna watch the finale when i get a chance
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Opting out of watching this week's episode, give myself a double episode next week! :)
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

San Goku wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:17 am Opting out of watching this week's episode, give myself a double episode next week! :)
You do realize that was the season finale right?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

eddieson wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:26 am
San Goku wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:17 am Opting out of watching this week's episode, give myself a double episode next week! :)
You do realize that was the season finale right?
No I didn't. :( Only 8 eps?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Just finished season 2. It was good. Funny thing is that in the comic Black Noir is the contingency against Homelander because he's a clone of Homelander and he ends up killing him.

As far as the Supes go I think The Deep's storyline is the most compelling. I feel a little bad for the guy, he's just really trying to find a place in the world and he's all fucked up.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watched the last episode, fucking hilarious and awesome! I think it would be cool to see a time skip and see how Homelander son turns out. That twist with the Congresswoman was unexpected. I don't understand why she did what she did.
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 pm Just finished season 2. It was good. Funny thing is that in the comic Black Noir is the contingency against Homelander because he's a clone of Homelander and he ends up killing him.

As far as the Supes go I think The Deep's storyline is the most compelling. I feel a little bad for the guy, he's just really trying to find a place in the world and he's all fucked up.
Wtf, super spoiler! I assume that was in the comics. Cause I didn't know about Black Noir being Homelander clone.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:18 am Watched the last episode, fucking hilarious and awesome! I think it would be cool to see a time skip and see how Homelander son turns out. That twist with the Congresswoman was unexpected. I don't understand why she did what she did.
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 pm Just finished season 2. It was good. Funny thing is that in the comic Black Noir is the contingency against Homelander because he's a clone of Homelander and he ends up killing him.

Wtf, super spoiler! I assume that was in the comics. Cause I didn't know about Black Noir being Homelander clone.
Bruh...I literally say "Funny thing is that in comic..."

In the show Black Noir is a completely different character. His actor is black I believe.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

I’m pretty sure I read an article that said Homelanders son is taking on the role of Homelander contingency plan. Black Noir is basically a different Supe all together than in the comic. Now that I think about it, Butcher makes that connection when talking to Edgar.

There’s gonna be a spin off series, hope they don’t fuck it up.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Finished this like a week ago

.. Enjoy the show but completely brain dumped it already