Movie Reviews

killacross

Re: Movie Reviews

Post by killacross » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:54 pm

Uncle Tom

...despite the fact that I agree with the overall message/premise. .. The movie was pretty empty and fell pretty flat. It was black conservative youtube - the movie. So you have quite a few people that are not well known doing an echo chamber thing

... Reminds me of all those Denesh D'Souza films

4/10

Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:37 am

Frozen 2 5.5/10

And just barely. Sequels are so difficult to pull of. Even more for stuff like this.
I fast forwarded so many scenes.
I actually thought the story wasn’t bad. The whole execution and the full on writing for a younger audience script really made this barely watchable for me at parts.

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:33 pm

Haohmaru wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:37 am
Frozen 2 5.5/10

And just barely. Sequels are so difficult to pull of. Even more for stuff like this.
I fast forwarded so many scenes.
I actually thought the story wasn’t bad. The whole execution and the full on writing for a younger audience script really made this barely watchable for me at parts.
Definitely agree, had it's funny moments but overall you can tell it was made to sell toys as opposed to a decent story.

killacross

Post by killacross » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:02 pm

Upgrade

Sci-fi action movie with a nice little twist. Guy gets paralyzed from the neck down and gets a computer implanted. Enjoyed when the guy let the computer take over. All in all, very enjoyable and made me chuckle

8/10

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:25 am

Warrior Nun

Netflix series very loosely based on the comic book. Starts as a slow burn laying foundations, then goes haywire about halfway through. Ending doesn't really jive (the more I think on it the more forced it feels), and they attempt to leave it on a cliffhanger but it's more like the ending to Halo 2 where it just feels unfinished. It's pretty good when it's on-game, but some episodes are just so heavy handed that it really detracts from it. Not-even-vaguely-disguised political posturing also lowered my opinion.

Really had some serious potential going that I think they wasted. The talent in the show was at least mostly there, but sometimes the writing/directing wasn't so you'd have an actor/actress seem pretty good in one episode and then wonder what the hell happened in a later one.

For an action-y supernatural-y show the fight scenes generally look really good and are well choreographed. That said, melee vs guns fights always feel at least a bit fake, and this one isn't an exception. As a general score, I'd rate the special effects favorably.

4/10

killacross

Post by killacross » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:32 pm

The invisible Man

Guessed all of the twists and turns within 30 mins. The part that was annoying... It should not have been as hard to prove the guys existence as it was.

4/10