Good Coronavirus / COVID-19 Article

xandorxerxes

Re: Good Coronavirus / COVID-19 Article

Post by xandorxerxes »

Well, hospitals are filling up again. One of the largest hospitals in the state I live in was in overflow yesterday, and they're pulling doctors off of different services to help take care of COVID patients.

Wear a mask, stay home when you can, and if you have to go out try to stay outside. Hope all of you stay safe!
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I just read that El Paso is up to 10 mobile morgues because they're exceeding capacity
killacross

Post by killacross »

I blame Biden... Entirely his fault
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

So the new Covid variant has been detected in colorado, early 20's male patient with no travel history in the last year...

Which means there's already community spread of the new covid variant in the US
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:44 am So the new Covid variant has been detected in colorado, early 20's male patient with no travel history in the last year...

Which means there's already community spread of the new covid variant in the US
LA must be thrilled.

If we can step up our vaccine deployment we can hopefully do something about COVID in the next 6 months. There was a story today (I think) about someone who contracted COVID even though she had the first vaccine shot already. I think it was a nurse so it's possible it was a large viral load that did her in, but either way that doesn't bode well for the population as a whole.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

So on December 2nd, the CDC (and subsequently Biden) said we could see another 200K+ dead by the end of January. We've already had 100K+ additional dead in the one month since, and that's before this new strain really breaks out or people start showing symptoms if infected from holiday travel. We're definitely on pace for that.

I'm also afraid to see how many additional infections/deaths there are from people who are vaccinated and don't realize they can still be carriers, but I'll worry about that once we can actually get vaccines deployed promptly.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Mentioned it in the past but had Covid again. First time it was a joke, second? Honestly thought, “I won’t be surprised if I suffocate in my sleep.” Awful experience.