Page 44 of 45

Re: There we go

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:53 pm
by xandorxerxes
IT researchers identified a bunch of major apps in iOS that read your clipboard every time they launch:

https://www.mysk.blog/2020/03/10/popula ... asteboard/

That matters if you do things like copy from a password manager, or routinely copy data between applications (like if you're looking things up for writing text blocks on an anime site... wait...). Worse, Apple shares the pasteboard to all devices using your apple account - so it can access things you've copied on other computers.

This isn't a comprehensive list. From one of the researchers:
In our research we only picked popular apps in the top charts. We only focused on apps that have no obvious reason to access the clipboard. Furthermore, we only analyzed the behavior of apps on launch, not during usage. This way we could cover more apps in our research.
Apps include a large number of news organizations, too. Additionally, it's a big issue for Android too since "OS APIs are so much more lenient" (it's easier for the app to do more things when it connects to the OS).

This is a big issue for people using Bitcoin as well, but I wasn't sure we had anyone using BC here.

Re: There we go

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:45 pm
by Digital Masta
Went down a YT rabbit hole and ended up looking at old Buffy and Angel stuff. Angel was my shit from 1999-2004. Which covered all of high school and the latter part of my freshman year of college. Although I missed a significant portion of the last season.

I wasn't that into Buffy (enough to know who Angel was that I was interested in the spin off) until around season 3-5ish. Once they got to college and then after season 4 or 5 I would just check in on it. I remember watching when the character Spike became a mainstay. I also remember looking at Michelle Tractenberg and thinking, "From Harriet the Spy to Harriet Oh My!" lol...okay not that much but I remember thinking she was actually cute.

Back when you could have all white casts (or minimal minorities in the case of Angel) and nobody gave a shit because it was a good show. Before Joss Whedon went full religion of wokeness zealot.

Re: There we go

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:18 am
by San Goku
Psshh, Buffy was the best. Angel got his shine because of Buffy. Made me remember Kevin Sorbo Hercules and Xena The Warrior Princess lol.

Re: There we go

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:19 am
by San Goku
https://youtu.be/HjDUUU-Z-aI

Candace Owens and Marc Lamont Hill. Conservative and Liberal discussion.

Re: There we go

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 am
by Digital Masta
San Goku wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:18 am
Psshh, Buffy was the best. Angel got his shine because of Buffy. Made me remember Kevin Sorbo Hercules and Xena The Warrior Princess lol.
Angel was a better show. Don't @ me. Buffy was clearly more of Whedon in control because most of the men where bumbling idiots and the women were always super awesome. Plus his Whedonspeak was all throughout the dialogue. Angel was co-created with Whedon and another guy and you can definitely tell that this other guy was running that show.

Charisma Carpenter was easily the hottest in the Buffyverse though. She is still fine now at 50.

Re: There we go

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm
by Cane_The9lives
Digital Masta wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 am
San Goku wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:18 am
Psshh, Buffy was the best. Angel got his shine because of Buffy. Made me remember Kevin Sorbo Hercules and Xena The Warrior Princess lol.
Angel was a better show. Don't @ me. Buffy was clearly more of Whedon in control because most of the men where bumbling idiots and the women were always super awesome. Plus his Whedonspeak was all throughout the dialogue. Angel was co-created with Whedon and another guy and you can definitely tell that this other guy was running that show.

Charisma Carpenter was easily the hottest in the Buffyverse though. She is still fine now at 50.
With the exception of xander (Who was literally written as the comic relief) I cant think of many male characters who got shafted character wise.
The shows focal point revolved around a woman because the slayers were written to be exclusively women, which was an interesting concept at the time considering most vampire hunters in contemporary literature and TV were male.

Re: There we go

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 am
by Digital Masta
Cane_The9lives wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 am
San Goku wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:18 am
Psshh, Buffy was the best. Angel got his shine because of Buffy. Made me remember Kevin Sorbo Hercules and Xena The Warrior Princess lol.
Angel was a better show. Don't @ me. Buffy was clearly more of Whedon in control because most of the men where bumbling idiots and the women were always super awesome. Plus his Whedonspeak was all throughout the dialogue. Angel was co-created with Whedon and another guy and you can definitely tell that this other guy was running that show.

Charisma Carpenter was easily the hottest in the Buffyverse though. She is still fine now at 50.
With the exception of xander (Who was literally written as the comic relief) I cant think of many male characters who got shafted character wise.
The shows focal point revolved around a woman because the slayers were written to be exclusively women, which was an interesting concept at the time considering most vampire hunters in contemporary literature and TV were male.

Buffy wasn't the only woman in the show. I am not talking about the main character.

Re: There we go

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:08 pm
by Cane_The9lives
Then I guess I don't get your point. I loved the show, and I've never thought of the male characters written as bumbling idiots as some sort of veiled feminist swipe at masculinity(which is where I'm assuming your taking this).

Re: There we go

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:16 am
by San Goku
Took the family camping for the day out of town. Set up my tent and had some sausage on the grill going. I think I might try staying over night for a weekend with the family. Son was so excited he did not want to take a nap.

Re: There we go

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 am
by killacross
xandorxerxes wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:50 pm
----NON-POLITICS----

So... how about that anime? I forgot to look into this before, but... redditor did a "Naruto Kai." Boiled the whole anime down to 72 episodes, including pre-skip and Shippuden. Apparently I'm only a year late, apologies if someone mentioned this before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comment ... d_edition/
72 episodes -- but each episode is at least 1.5 hrs long. Either way. This is incredibly fun and incredibly well made (typos and all). THANKS FOR THIS! So much about Naruto that I forgot. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but Kishi is actually incredibly talented. Just knowing how some things turn out...and motivations behind it -- he wasnt Oda level at foreshadowing -- but he was good at story telling. He isnt as good at changing storylines as Togashi though.

Re: There we go

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:58 am
by Digital Masta
Cane_The9lives wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:08 pm
Then I guess I don't get your point. I loved the show, and I've never thought of the male characters written as bumbling idiots as some sort of veiled feminist swipe at masculinity(which is where I'm assuming your taking this).

Nope.

Re: There we go

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:58 pm
by San Goku
killacross wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 am
xandorxerxes wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:50 pm
----NON-POLITICS----

So... how about that anime? I forgot to look into this before, but... redditor did a "Naruto Kai." Boiled the whole anime down to 72 episodes, including pre-skip and Shippuden. Apparently I'm only a year late, apologies if someone mentioned this before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comment ... d_edition/
72 episodes -- but each episode is at least 1.5 hrs long. Either way. This is incredibly fun and incredibly well made (typos and all). THANKS FOR THIS! So much about Naruto that I forgot. I didn't appreciate it at the time, but Kishi is actually incredibly talented. Just knowing how some things turn out...and motivations behind it -- he wasnt Oda level at foreshadowing -- but he was good at story telling. He isnt as good at changing storylines as Togashi though.
Crazy how Togashi is married to the creator of Sailor Moon. Talk about power couple. They should of done some HxH x Moon crossovers.

Re: There we go

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 am
by Haohmaru
Man some Naruto fans are fucking hilarious. I got blue bird recommended on YouTube. The comment section is so funny. Some guy;
Guess what’s the quickest way to a girls heart.
Kakashi: CHIDORI!

Savage hahaha


Also if anyone is interested in rewatching Naruto. People made a Naruto Kai version for the show. Meaning cut out useless stuff and fillers and made it a lot shorter.
You can check it out here https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comment ... d_edition/

Re: There we go

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:13 am
by xandorxerxes
Haohmaru wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 am
Some guy; Guess what’s the quickest way to a girls heart.
Kakashi: CHIDORI!
Chidori may be the quickest way there, but if you learned Rasengan instead you'd be able to twirl her heart in your hand.

Re: There we go

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:40 am
by killacross
Haohmaru wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:40 am
Also if anyone is interested in rewatching Naruto. People made a Naruto Kai version for the show. Meaning cut out useless stuff and fillers and made it a lot shorter.
You can check it out here https://www.reddit.com/r/Naruto/comment ... d_edition/
you realize you literally just posted the exact link that XX posted several pages ago...and I was responding to right?

...but rewatching after all this time (the manga ended in 2014/2015?), a ton of stuff that I've forgotten. My wife and I are enjoying it. We are at the part where the Sound 4 approach Sasuke. And again, it is fun to see how Kishimoto had some reveals planned -- even if they werent fleshed out. Mostly because he shows silhouettes of characters or flashbacks/memories -- and the character designs arent exactly correct

Re: There we go

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:29 am
by Digital Masta
I remember guessing that the 4th had to be Naruto's father ages before it was revealed because:

1) They look alike

2) He kept getting connected with people that the 4th was involved with. Kakashi was his student and Jiraiya was his teacher

3) It just made sense that he'd pick his own child to handle this burden as opposed to letting some other child have to deal with it.

Re: There we go

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:58 am
by Haohmaru
killacross wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:40 am
you realize you literally just posted the exact link that XX posted several pages ago...and I was responding to right?

...but rewatching after all this time (the manga ended in 2014/2015?), a ton of stuff that I've forgotten. My wife and I are enjoying it. We are at the part where the Sound 4 approach Sasuke. And again, it is fun to see how Kishimoto had some reveals planned -- even if they werent fleshed out. Mostly because he shows silhouettes of characters or flashbacks/memories -- and the character designs arent exactly correct
With all the political talk and serious subjects I must’ve overlooked such an important link.
Worth double posting though.

Re: There we go

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:55 pm
by Digital Masta
We all thought 2020 was the worst timeline...turns out it's the best timeline.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/k ... ident-2020

Re: There we go

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:27 pm
by killacross
I can't vote for him in 2020..I became a single issue voter and when Trump said something like.."you start looting, we start shooting"

.. He's got my vote

Re: There we go

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:31 am
by San Goku
Just found out there is a new Black Militia group in the United States. The NFAC (Not Fucking Around Coalition), seriously not kidding. These people are not playing either, probably the real BLM lol. Marched in with guns to where the kkk was founded apparently.

https://youtu.be/0W_er5UONZI