There we go

Digital Masta
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:37 pm

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:31 am
That's not what the article says.(at least, that's not how I read it)

Read it as a virtual signaling treatise about how they were actually protecting the election from the supposed evil machinations of Trumpism and election tampering/interference, and it's less an admission and more a self righteous declaration of: "Trump was the one who tried to rig the election, but we were the steadfast defenders who fortified its free and fairness, praise us!!!"

"The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding"

....."That's why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream-a well funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage, and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system's fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures"...

In essence, it's one protracted circle jerk from people who believed the election would be compromised by an "Autocratically inclined president".
To them, Trump was such an existential threat to democratic principles that they had to (according to the Molly) take well coordinated measures to prevent him and his supporters from tapping into their bottomless bag of conspiracy and misinformation to sow seeds of doubt, pressure state officials, galvanize resentment and grievance with the express purpose of throwing one giant wrench in the shape of a middle finger in the whole process.(In that, they obviously failed in spectacular fashion).

It's just a bunch of liberals who want a pat on the back for being paragons of election integrity.

Honestly, I think the OP intentionally used phrases like "Cabal" and "Shadow campaign" to trigger conservatives and conservative adjacent voters because she knew it would invariably be taken out of context.

This shit is coming from the same woman who wrote a biography about Nancy Pelosi.......

I do not disagree. What's funny is that this basically admits to what would have gotten you banned from social media for talking about pre-election.

San Goku
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 pm

Without reading the article we all know what happened in this election and they'll be honest about it 25-50 years later.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:26 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:37 pm
Cane_The9lives wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:31 am
That's not what the article says.(at least, that's not how I read it)

Read it as a virtual signaling treatise about how they were actually protecting the election from the supposed evil machinations of Trumpism and election tampering/interference, and it's less an admission and more a self righteous declaration of: "Trump was the one who tried to rig the election, but we were the steadfast defenders who fortified its free and fairness, praise us!!!"

"The scenario the shadow campaigners were desperate to stop was not a trump victory. It was an election so calamitous that no result could be discerned at all, a failure of the central act of democratic self-governance that has been a hallmark of America since its founding"

....."That's why the participants want the secret history of the 2020 election told, even though it sounds like a paranoid fever dream-a well funded cabal of powerful people, ranging across industries and ideologies, working together behind the scenes to influence perceptions, change rules and laws, steer media coverage, and control the flow of information. They were not rigging the election; they were fortifying it. And they believe the public needs to understand the system's fragility in order to ensure that democracy in America endures"...

In essence, it's one protracted circle jerk from people who believed the election would be compromised by an "Autocratically inclined president".
To them, Trump was such an existential threat to democratic principles that they had to (according to the Molly) take well coordinated measures to prevent him and his supporters from tapping into their bottomless bag of conspiracy and misinformation to sow seeds of doubt, pressure state officials, galvanize resentment and grievance with the express purpose of throwing one giant wrench in the shape of a middle finger in the whole process.(In that, they obviously failed in spectacular fashion).

It's just a bunch of liberals who want a pat on the back for being paragons of election integrity.

Honestly, I think the OP intentionally used phrases like "Cabal" and "Shadow campaign" to trigger conservatives and conservative adjacent voters because she knew it would invariably be taken out of context.

This shit is coming from the same woman who wrote a biography about Nancy Pelosi.......

I do not disagree. What's funny is that this basically admits to what would have gotten you banned from social media for talking about pre-election.
True.

Although I will say if there is one thing I do like about American media, or media in general(and this is probably the ONLY thing quite frankly) it's that suppression/control of information on social media oftentimes has an inverse reaction than the one initially sought by the purposeful manipulation and tightening of flow.

Twitter and facebook's scramble to suppress the NY posts story about Hunter Biden was in actuality a gift, a journalistic windfall they could use to tangibly highlight a legitimate problem that proved censorship in real time. The right has become too enamored with anecdotal twitter accounts of Shadowbanning and algorithmic quirks; this is what really convinces people the fuckery is afoot.
San Goku wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:36 pm
Without reading the article we all know what happened in this election and they'll be honest about it 25-50 years later.
If 25-50 years from now people are still trying to prove this election was stolen with the same fidelity and determination as the guys from "Finding bigfoot" managed to perpetrate for 9 flipping seasons, I doubt anyone would care.

That said, I'll go ahead and spoil the series finale; They never found it.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:26 am
Although I will say if there is one thing I do like about American media, or media in general(and this is probably the ONLY thing quite frankly) it's that suppression/control of information on social media oftentimes has an inverse reaction than the one initially sought by the purposeful manipulation and tightening of flow.

Twitter and facebook's scramble to suppress the NY posts story about Hunter Biden was in actuality a gift, a journalistic windfall they could use to tangibly highlight a legitimate problem that proved censorship in real time. The right has become too enamored with anecdotal twitter accounts of Shadowbanning and algorithmic quirks; this is what really convinces people the fuckery is afoot.
The laptop story being taken down was pushed as censorship, but the problem was that the story itself was horseshit so when there wasn't actually anything there it became a successful "disinformation stopped" instead of "news censored." Calling the NY Post 'credible' is... generous, but it's at least a known source (the Daily Mail of the US?).

I know there was heightened sensitivity around election misinformation, but really if social media, mainly Facebook, simply stopped recommending known hate groups to people and truth in advertising laws were a) applied to political ads and b) enforced it would have pretty much stopped the problem. Both of those are pretty easy fixes without having to change any current regulations, but knowing Facebook you'd have to legislate the hate group referral to get them to do anything.

Digital Masta
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:42 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am
Cane_The9lives wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:26 am
Although I will say if there is one thing I do like about American media, or media in general(and this is probably the ONLY thing quite frankly) it's that suppression/control of information on social media oftentimes has an inverse reaction than the one initially sought by the purposeful manipulation and tightening of flow.

Twitter and facebook's scramble to suppress the NY posts story about Hunter Biden was in actuality a gift, a journalistic windfall they could use to tangibly highlight a legitimate problem that proved censorship in real time. The right has become too enamored with anecdotal twitter accounts of Shadowbanning and algorithmic quirks; this is what really convinces people the fuckery is afoot.
The laptop story being taken down was pushed as censorship, but the problem was that the story itself was horseshit
Not sure what you classify as "horseshit".

https://libertarianinstitute.org/scotth ... ns-laptop/

Granted there wasn't much in the way of election specific things on it but there was definitely enough to make Joe look bad through his son.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:42 am
xandorxerxes wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am
Cane_The9lives wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:26 am
Although I will say if there is one thing I do like about American media, or media in general(and this is probably the ONLY thing quite frankly) it's that suppression/control of information on social media oftentimes has an inverse reaction than the one initially sought by the purposeful manipulation and tightening of flow.

Twitter and facebook's scramble to suppress the NY posts story about Hunter Biden was in actuality a gift, a journalistic windfall they could use to tangibly highlight a legitimate problem that proved censorship in real time. The right has become too enamored with anecdotal twitter accounts of Shadowbanning and algorithmic quirks; this is what really convinces people the fuckery is afoot.
The laptop story being taken down was pushed as censorship, but the problem was that the story itself was horseshit
Not sure what you classify as "horseshit".

https://libertarianinstitute.org/scotth ... ns-laptop/

Granted there wasn't much in the way of election specific things on it but there was definitely enough to make Joe look bad through his son.
The laptop story that was so bombshell that liberal news media weren't given access to it and the media presences that were given access (WSJ / Fox News) said they wouldn't touch it? That Bill Barr said he wasn't putting a special prosecutor on it after seeing it?

It's a non-issue for Joe. Assuming the laptop is actually legitimate and Hunter made some questionable decisions, that's on him and he's responsible for it. Or he would be, if we still held people accountable for things.

Digital Masta
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:42 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:44 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:42 am
xandorxerxes wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:18 am


The laptop story being taken down was pushed as censorship, but the problem was that the story itself was horseshit
Not sure what you classify as "horseshit".

https://libertarianinstitute.org/scotth ... ns-laptop/

Granted there wasn't much in the way of election specific things on it but there was definitely enough to make Joe look bad through his son.
The laptop story that was so bombshell that liberal news media weren't given access to it and the media presences that were given access (WSJ / Fox News) said they wouldn't touch it? That Bill Barr said he wasn't putting a special prosecutor on it after seeing it?

It's a non-issue for Joe. Assuming the laptop is actually legitimate and Hunter made some questionable decisions, that's on him and he's responsible for it. Or he would be, if we still held people accountable for things.
To clarify I mean in terms of election optics. Not legal matters. If allowed to be reported on then it may of had some effect on the election. Most people didn't even really know about it.

killacross
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm

Ugh.. Why is gorilla glue girl getting all of this attention? And the more she talks and the more she writes... UGH!! I hate that it's always the loud, flamboyant, uneducated hood woman or Lizzo that is pushed in front of the camera to represent ALL black women.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 481
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:00 pm

killacross wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm
Ugh.. Why is gorilla glue girl getting all of this attention? And the more she talks and the more she writes... UGH!! I hate that it's always the loud, flamboyant, uneducated hood woman or Lizzo that is pushed in front of the camera to represent ALL black women.
Is she representing people now? I just thought she got a whole bunch of attention for doing something dumb then being loud about it. Everyone loves a good train wreck.

San Goku
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:10 pm

killacross wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm
Ugh.. Why is gorilla glue girl getting all of this attention? And the more she talks and the more she writes... UGH!! I hate that it's always the loud, flamboyant, uneducated hood woman or Lizzo that is pushed in front of the camera to represent ALL black women.
SMFH, I haven't heard her speak but I can only imagine.

I heard she wants to sue too, fuvking moron. I feel bad for her but she just needs to stfu and get out the limelight for a bit.

killacross
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:50 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:00 pm
Is she representing people now? I just thought she got a whole bunch of attention for doing something dumb then being loud about it. Everyone loves a good train wreck.
"represent" in a figurative sense...as in ...the majority of black people are concentrated in I think 10-11 cities. There are A LOT of people around the country who do not interact with black people on a day to day. So when they find the loudest, most ignorant, uneducated black person and put them on the 24 hr news cycle -- THAT is what people associate with "blackness"...
San Goku wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:10 pm
SMFH, I haven't heard her speak but I can only imagine.

I heard she wants to sue too, fuvking moron. I feel bad for her but she just needs to stfu and get out the limelight for a bit.
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VyOLlo76g

Digital Masta
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:15 pm

One of the best things about living abroad is that I didn't even know about this woman until mentioned here.


In other words...I hate you killa.

killacross
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:32 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:15 pm
One of the best things about living abroad is that I didn't even know about this woman until mentioned here.

In other words...I hate you killa.

OH MY GOD...DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT YOU MAH BROTHA!!

I KNOW FOR A FACT that you deal with this!! In a country that is 99% homogenous...almost every black person they have ever seen is on TV. They HAVE to assume you are a gangster, deal dope, have 13 kids and 7 baby mamas, dance, play basketball, rap in your free time, and didn't graduate high school.

How close am I?

Digital Masta
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:33 pm

killacross wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:32 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:15 pm
One of the best things about living abroad is that I didn't even know about this woman until mentioned here.

In other words...I hate you killa.

OH MY GOD...DIDN'T EVEN THINK ABOUT YOU MAH BROTHA!!

I KNOW FOR A FACT that you deal with this!! In a country that is 99% homogenous...almost every black person they have ever seen is on TV. They HAVE to assume you are a gangster, deal dope, have 13 kids and 7 baby mamas, dance, play basketball, rap in your free time, and didn't graduate high school.

How close am I?

In the years I've been here I have had women at karaoke just assume that I can sing well and stupid shit like that.

Then there is stuff like this which I found HILARIOUS because apparently we're all ripped.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/ ... es-matter/

What I HATE is that a small contingent of BLM has made its way into Japan and it constantly of mostly non-black people and non-American blacks in Japan trying to push this BLM propaganda in Japan. A country where blacks are no more marginalized than any other minority here and it's a group of people that don't have any cultural reference point to understand any of the stuff going on in America.

What this means is that well-meaning Japanese will just take what black people say at face value about this crap and actually believe that America is just horrible for black people.

There is a makeup artist that I know and she is clearly into black culture and people (and I'm pretty sure she has/had and dates mostly black guys) and one of her goals was to study hair/makeup in America (pre-COVID) in particular makeup for black people because she wanted to bring it back to Japan and improve the quality of that makeup here. But she posts shit like this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAxzdfrDjSm ... ij8jrXSg0/

I'm not going to get into what she says in Japanese but it's the usual stuff you'd expect. But this is because essentially every black person she knows either visiting America or living in Japan are all various levels of woke and I find it morally irresponsible to fill her head with this shit because she is ignorant in the truest sense of the word.

Completely random but despite her being into black people/culture she isn't the type that tries to look like some rachet Asian woman like others like her do. She looks like a normal Japanese woman.

I actually have to meet up with her tomorrow to talk about collaborating on a photo shoot and I really, REALLY hope she doesn't mention any of the crap happening now because she's already seen me (politely) take on a mutual acquaintance we have that is a black above-average level of wokeness American woman. To her credit, (the acquaintance) she doesn't get all crazy emotional but she basically would just boil things down to "I just feel..." "I just feel..."

San Goku
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:38 am

killacross wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:50 pm
xandorxerxes wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:00 pm
Is she representing people now? I just thought she got a whole bunch of attention for doing something dumb then being loud about it. Everyone loves a good train wreck.
"represent" in a figurative sense...as in ...the majority of black people are concentrated in I think 10-11 cities. There are A LOT of people around the country who do not interact with black people on a day to day. So when they find the loudest, most ignorant, uneducated black person and put them on the 24 hr news cycle -- THAT is what people associate with "blackness"...
San Goku wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:10 pm
SMFH, I haven't heard her speak but I can only imagine.

I heard she wants to sue too, fuvking moron. I feel bad for her but she just needs to stfu and get out the limelight for a bit.
Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_VyOLlo76g
*FACEPALM*

superbob
Site Admin
Posts: 120
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:51 am

Re: There we go

Post by superbob » Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:04 am

Image

killacross
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:56 am

didnt someone use superglue as contact eye drops before years ago?

YUP
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/woman-mis ... d=34344088

San Goku
Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:16 am

superbob wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:04 am
Image
Lmfao... I heard that someone was going to use that strip hair off their vagina. I hope it's not true.

Digital Masta
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:02 pm

And these people get a vote just like you. Let that sink in.

killacross
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:09 pm

That's not a problem. We have an electoral college for that...for now at least

Post Reply