There we go

killacross
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:18 pm

Best traveling experience by far!!
Had to get tested Saturday (nasal swab.. Felt like jumping into a pool and getting chlorine up your nose - - took 15 secs)...
Went to my home airport (RDU -> IAD ) .. Parking lot? Empty!
Walked straight up to security.. Lines? Empty!
Got to the gate. They checked my covid results, reference letter (to enter the country)... Passport.
Got on the first plane and it was about 50% full... But I sat beside this late 40s banger...
Second airport.. They checked my paperwork again
Flew out (IAD --> FRA) .. And plane was probably < 25% full
The banger, late 20s/early 30s.. flight attendant struck a conversation with me
Arrived in Germany and had to be tested. This was a throat swab. It was torture. The lady obviously thought it doesn't count unless you almost vomit
Spent the night at the Hilton there.. Very modern decor
... Drove out to Schwabish Hall the next day

Cool little town.. Very friendly people.. And a lot of English speakers
Last edited by killacross on Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:33 pm

Based on your industry, have you already had to give the government your fingerprints or do a background check? If so, I'd look at GOES. Not too expensive, includes pre-check, skips almost all the lines, good for 5 years.

If you haven't already had a background check or fingerprints taken though, I'm paranoid enough I'd recommend you skip it.

San Goku
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:51 pm

^^ He's in a security sensitive job, I'm certain he got his background check... not sure finger prints would be required.

killacross
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm not controlled substance certified (meaning like morphine) so I'm not background checked more than standard job application.

Never had finger prints taken... But they drug test us all quite often.

I used to have TSA precheck... But it expired and not interested in paying for it going forward. I'm mostly pretty patient.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Definitely wouldn't bother then, don't want to do a government background check if you don't have to. Helps a lot with customs, but if you don't travel outside the US much then it isn't worth it. Think it was $100 and covers 5 years.

San Goku
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pm

Would really like to see the whole body cam vid in that Breonna Taylor case.

Debates next week should be interesting.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:08 am

San Goku wrote:
Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:50 pm
Would really like to see the whole body cam vid in that Breonna Taylor case.

Debates next week should be interesting.
Can't show the whole bodycam (yet), since there's still one ongoing investigation/trial. Once that's over theoretically it shouldn't be an issue.

Digital Masta
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:16 am

Either way, the narrative behind this whole this is disgusting. Viola Davis in her infinite wisdom posts an image on Twitter comparing the decision in this case to the decision in the Emmet Till case from the 1950s that sparked the entire civil rights movement. These two things aren't even in the same universe let alone multiverse.

Viola Davis either is ignorant, has an agenda, or both but with her status, she can't claim ignorance. It takes all of 5 minutes to look into all the information presented about that case. Tragic? Yes, but a racially motivated murder? Nope. I truly fucking hate these people, they are evil and want only to create division.

You don't have to like no-knock raids (I don't) but based on what happened these police officers didn't commit a crime. This has been known for months by any actual person with any legal knowledge whatsoever regardless of where they sit on the political aisle.

-They had a legal warrant (you can argue about the warrant but it was legal)

-Apparently they did knock and announce themselves (some witnesses say they heard them do it others say they didn't hear anything but still they have no obligation to announce themselves(again you can argue that law but legally they don't have to right now))

-At this point, both Taylor and her boyfriend are awake and not sure WTF is going on apparently), the boyfriend grabs the gun. If he indeed didn't know it was the cops then he's well within his rights to be suspicious.

-Cops bust in and the boyfriend starts shooting.

-The cops respond and in that response, Taylor gets caught in the crossfire and is killed by the cops.

Tragic? Absolutely. But not illegal. The only one who got charged was the cop who shot in a different direction and ended up shooting into a neighboring apartment.

And all these people pushing this narrative about it being a murder or again this war on black people shit are like I said...evil.

San Goku
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:43 pm

The main thing in all of this will be to see the evidence of the police announcing themselves. As DM said if they didn't, then the boyfriend was in his right. I haven't been following this story, I usually don't until I'm forced to (can't avoid it on the media). If they didn't knock it also shows that the police where lying and it gives ammo to the people that want to make the racial arguments. I think we should all agree that this should be taking place in a public trial.

Digital Masta
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:26 pm

San Goku wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:43 pm
The main thing in all of this will be to see the evidence of the police announcing themselves. As DM said if they didn't, then the boyfriend was in his right. I haven't been following this story, I usually don't until I'm forced to (can't avoid it on the media). If they didn't knock it also shows that the police where lying and it gives ammo to the people that want to make the racial arguments. I think we should all agree that this should be taking place in a public trial.
That is irrelevant and it doesn't give the racial arguments any ammo whatsoever; they didn't have to announce or knock based on the warrant. That would be courtesy on their part. "Oh they didn't knock because they were black!" isn't ammo it's just stupid.

There is only a public trial if there is enough evidence to see if the cops did something illegal. They didn't. I only mentioned the boyfriend shooting first because if he didn't realize it was the police it absolves him of any criminal wrongdoing. He just thought some random people just force their way into his house. But if you shoot at a police officer they will shoot back, regardless of if you thought they were just intruders or not. That's not illegal for police to do. Taylor getting shot in that exchange isn't illegal, it's tragic but not illegal. They weren't aiming to kill her they were just responding to being shot.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:52 pm

Additional information:
  • No eyewitnesses (of 12) claim that they heard the police identify themselves except one - but he initially said he didn't hear the police identify themselves, it was when he was interviewed again two months later that he claimed he heard them say "this is the cops."
  • LMPD suspected that Taylor was receiving packages on behalf of her ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, who police suspected of drug trafficking, according to court documents.
  • Tony Gooden, a Louisville-based U.S. postal inspector, concluded in January that Taylor’s home was not receiving any “packages of interest,” including potentially illicit drugs, the inspector told WDRB News.
  • In a separate incident, Glover was arrested that night for trafficking and firearm offenses.
  • In his affidavit, Louisville detective Joshua Jaynes wrote that a no-knock warrant was necessary “due to the nature of how these drug traffickers operate," according to ABC News.

    "These drug traffickers have a history of attempting to destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise Detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and a have history of fleeing from law enforcement,” Jaynes continued.
  • The investigation found no drugs at Taylor’s apartment. Neither Taylor nor Walker had criminal records.
Sounds like the warrant was either blind-signed by the judge and/or applied for in bad faith. They also arrested the actual guy on the same night, so not sure why Taylor's apartment needed to be raided at all unless they wanted additional evidence for something - but it sounds like they didn't actually have probable cause (IANAL).

The "racism" angle isn't because Breanna was shot because she was black, it's because they were raided, and if they were white they [supposedly] would have been approached differently (see: systematic racism claims). Assuming there was no racial bias it had extremely unfortunate timing.

Doesn't bear any resemblance whatsoever to Till though, so I'm guessing that was a social media thing. Anything to get the clicks!

Digital Masta
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:16 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:52 pm
Additional information:
  • No eyewitnesses (of 12) claim that they heard the police identify themselves except one - but he initially said he didn't hear the police identify themselves, it was when he was interviewed again two months later that he claimed he heard them say "this is the cops."
  • LMPD suspected that Taylor was receiving packages on behalf of her ex-boyfriend, Jamarcus Glover, who police suspected of drug trafficking, according to court documents.
  • Tony Gooden, a Louisville-based U.S. postal inspector, concluded in January that Taylor’s home was not receiving any “packages of interest,” including potentially illicit drugs, the inspector told WDRB News.
  • In a separate incident, Glover was arrested that night for trafficking and firearm offenses.
  • In his affidavit, Louisville detective Joshua Jaynes wrote that a no-knock warrant was necessary “due to the nature of how these drug traffickers operate," according to ABC News.

    "These drug traffickers have a history of attempting to destroy evidence, have cameras on the location that compromise Detectives once an approach to the dwelling is made, and a have history of fleeing from law enforcement,” Jaynes continued.
  • The investigation found no drugs at Taylor’s apartment. Neither Taylor nor Walker had criminal records.
Sounds like the warrant was either blind-signed by the judge and/or applied for in bad faith. They also arrested the actual guy on the same night, so not sure why Taylor's apartment needed to be raided at all unless they wanted additional evidence for something - but it sounds like they didn't actually have probable cause (IANAL).

The "racism" angle isn't because Breanna was shot because she was black, it's because they were raided, and if they were white they [supposedly] would have been approached differently (see: systematic racism claims). Assuming there was no racial bias it had extremely unfortunate timing.

Doesn't bear any resemblance whatsoever to Till though, so I'm guessing that was a social media thing. Anything to get the clicks!
Again...all of this is ultimately irrelvant to the issue at hand. The cops who executed the warrant didn't do anything illegal according to how the law is currently written. If you want to address the system that allowed them to get the warrant, that's a different story, but you can't charge them for a crime they didn't commit. Outside of wanton endangerment

We don't have to like how this all played out but this idea that just because you feel like they should face punishments doesn't mean that those feelings are allowed to be used to sentence these guys.

And I'm no pro-police advocate, I think the situation that led to this is a clear indiciation of the growth of the police state in America.

Ultimately the ex-boyfriend is to blame for all of this shit. He's the one that apparently borrowed her car and left a dead body in it. He's the one that apparently said she had some of his money.

And if people wanna play Minority Report with the whole "if she was white" nonsense go ahead but I'm not playing that game. We can't mind read these cops and that's entirely unproveable so it's moot. But the race hustlers won't let that stop them.

All these damn celebrities bashing on the AG...what would you like him to do? Charge them with murder because you're angry? Yes...that's exactly what they want.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:21 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:16 am

Again...all of this is ultimately irrelvant to the issue at hand. The cops who executed the warrant didn't do anything illegal according to how the law is currently written. If you want to address the system that allowed them to get the warrant, that's a different story, but you can't charge them for a crime they didn't commit. Outside of wanton endangerment

We don't have to like how this all played out but this idea that just because you feel like they should face punishments doesn't mean that those feelings are allowed to be used to sentence these guys.

And I'm no pro-police advocate, I think the situation that led to this is a clear indiciation of the growth of the police state in America.

Ultimately the ex-boyfriend is to blame for all of this shit. He's the one that apparently borrowed her car and left a dead body in it. He's the one that apparently said she had some of his money.

And if people wanna play Minority Report with the whole "if she was white" nonsense go ahead but I'm not playing that game. We can't mind read these cops and that's entirely unproveable so it's moot. But the race hustlers won't let that stop them.

All these damn celebrities bashing on the AG...what would you like him to do? Charge them with murder because you're angry? Yes...that's exactly what they want.
Oh, I agree on the legal aspect - though if the warrant was applied for in bad faith, there's probably a crime they could fall into (negligence is the usual one). That's a whole extra layer of things the prosecutor would have to prove though. I haven't looked at any of the released GJ testimony.

Reminds me of the Trayvon case actually - I can't imagine there was a way to prove it wasn't self defense, which means he automatically gets off. Prosecutors could have potentially gone for a lessor charge, but people wanted blood so they went for murder and lost.

I think a lot of the outrage in general is that the police can bust in without announcing themselves, shoot the hell out of you, and have no penalties. That's absolute shit and Louisville has since dumped no-knocks, but when something like that feels really wrong and people who normally are allowed to skate seem to skate again (whether or not they actually are legally guilty or not) it's just going to cause outrage. Add the poor timing on top of that and here we are.

San Goku
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:17 am

UFC Israel Adesanya fight about to start soon.

Digital Masta
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:28 pm

So Dwayne Johnson made his first EVER presidential endorsement and it was Biden/Harris. What's interesting is the crazy backlash and I think it's because when you watch the video you see the praise he gives Biden/Harris there is no way he actually believes the crap he's saying. Because people can see and hear with their eyes and ears the reality that his Biden/Harris. So it comes off as totally not genuine and for a guy who has built is brand on appearing genuine it wasn't a good look.

He mentions how he is a registered independent and how he's voted for both sides of the aisle but after a "sitdown" with Biden/Harris he decided they were the way to go (again first time EVER he has publically done this) and so people naturally asked, "Well did you sit down with Trump too?"

I was surprised at all the pro-Trump support in his Instagram comments but it seemed like many people could sense that this was a power play.

It is particularly damaging to his respect for law enforcement image. I mean you don't have to like Trump or Biden but it's pretty clear that Biden/Harris doesn't really give a damn about law enforcement and this is simply based on their words and actions over the past half-year.

I also love the whole "love and kindness" message that these people talk about. I don't care about how "nice" politicians are. That's something that people push when they have no policies.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:55 pm

Just seems dumb. It's pretty obvious to me he'd vote D, and people are getting angry about it. It's like the people who got angry at RATM for their political post. The man publicly blasted Trump in June... why would he vote for him?

San Goku
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:41 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:26 pm
San Goku wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:43 pm
The main thing in all of this will be to see the evidence of the police announcing themselves. As DM said if they didn't, then the boyfriend was in his right. I haven't been following this story, I usually don't until I'm forced to (can't avoid it on the media). If they didn't knock it also shows that the police where lying and it gives ammo to the people that want to make the racial arguments. I think we should all agree that this should be taking place in a public trial.
That is irrelevant and it doesn't give the racial arguments any ammo whatsoever; they didn't have to announce or knock based on the warrant. That would be courtesy on their part. "Oh they didn't knock because they were black!" isn't ammo it's just stupid.

There is only a public trial if there is enough evidence to see if the cops did something illegal. They didn't. I only mentioned the boyfriend shooting first because if he didn't realize it was the police it absolves him of any criminal wrongdoing. He just thought some random people just force their way into his house. But if you shoot at a police officer they will shoot back, regardless of if you thought they were just intruders or not. That's not illegal for police to do. Taylor getting shot in that exchange isn't illegal, it's tragic but not illegal. They weren't aiming to kill her they were just responding to being shot.
I would have to agree with you.

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:55 pm
Just seems dumb. It's pretty obvious to me he'd vote D, and people are getting angry about it. It's like the people who got angry at RATM for their political post. The man publicly blasted Trump in June... why would he vote for him?
Ya he's a Democrat, I feel like he could be a Republican but then he could just kiss Holywood goodbye.

edit
Digital Masta wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:28 pm
So Dwayne Johnson made his first EVER presidential endorsement and it was Biden/Harris. What's interesting is the crazy backlash and I think it's because when you watch the video you see the praise he gives Biden/Harris there is no way he actually believes the crap he's saying. Because people can see and hear with their eyes and ears the reality that his Biden/Harris. So it comes off as totally not genuine and for a guy who has built is brand on appearing genuine it wasn't a good look.

He mentions how he is a registered independent and how he's voted for both sides of the aisle but after a "sitdown" with Biden/Harris he decided they were the way to go (again first time EVER he has publically done this) and so people naturally asked, "Well did you sit down with Trump too?"

I was surprised at all the pro-Trump support in his Instagram comments but it seemed like many people could sense that this was a power play.

It is particularly damaging to his respect for law enforcement image. I mean you don't have to like Trump or Biden but it's pretty clear that Biden/Harris doesn't really give a damn about law enforcement and this is simply based on their words and actions over the past half-year.

I also love the whole "love and kindness" message that these people talk about. I don't care about how "nice" politicians are. That's something that people push when they have no policies.
Watching The Rock right now

Here is the thing, even if The Rock was Pro-Trump, given his Hollywood status there is no way he would have the balls to come out and say that he endorses Trump.

Digital Masta
Posts: 284
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:19 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:55 pm
Just seems dumb. It's pretty obvious to me he'd vote D, and people are getting angry about it. It's like the people who got angry at RATM for their political post. The man publicly blasted Trump in June... why would he vote for him?
I think it's more about him keeping out of it until now. Why now? What were you given? Because the stuff he said in the video was total bullshit. One of his biggest likeability factors with many of his fans was that he never really made things political.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:15 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:28 pm
So Dwayne Johnson made his first EVER presidential endorsement and it was Biden/Harris. What's interesting is the crazy backlash and I think it's because when you watch the video you see the praise he gives Biden/Harris there is no way he actually believes the crap he's saying. Because people can see and hear with their eyes and ears the reality that his Biden/Harris. So it comes off as totally not genuine and for a guy who has built is brand on appearing genuine it wasn't a good look.

He mentions how he is a registered independent and how he's voted for both sides of the aisle but after a "sitdown" with Biden/Harris he decided they were the way to go (again first time EVER he has publically done this) and so people naturally asked, "Well did you sit down with Trump too?"

I was surprised at all the pro-Trump support in his Instagram comments but it seemed like many people could sense that this was a power play.

It is particularly damaging to his respect for law enforcement image. I mean you don't have to like Trump or Biden but it's pretty clear that Biden/Harris doesn't really give a damn about law enforcement and this is simply based on their words and actions over the past half-year.

I also love the whole "love and kindness" message that these people talk about. I don't care about how "nice" politicians are. That's something that people push when they have no policies.
Ladies and gentlemen, I give you another reason why after I left the democratic party I swore I would never register as a Republican or identify as a conservative. I literally cannot quantify in numbers the amount of conversations I've had with conservative leaning friends, colleagues, and casual acquaintances that followed the exact same sanctimonious formula you just regurgitated: I'm voting for X + Here's why=I'm an uninformed, disingenuous low IQ voter who ought to either shut up and stay out of politics or educate myself on the real issues, which is just code for: You don't share my perspective then ipso facto you're an idiot.

It's never good enough for those around the orbit of centrists,(I'll hold the Center until I choke) whose heterodox style of thinking grants them the facility to engage in a civil, intellectually substantive conversation with either side that can oftentimes result in the adoption of a new belief. No, when they deign to commit the "cardinal sin" of endorsing a viewpoint that runs counter to the pre-agreed norms and customs of the "Faction" they are open and willing to court, suddenly they are anathema.

You hate race baiters, grievance peddlers and Social justice warriors? Guess what? So do I.
You hate media malfeasance, fake news, and the whole fourth estate in general? Guess what? So do I

But you want to know what I also hate?( That if this post is any indication, you might be peddling yourself).
I hate sententious hectoring from anyone who has the audacity, nay the brass fucking balls to lecture me on the integrity of my unalienable right to vote or endorse whoever the fuck I want for whatever fucking reason that I; a man equipped with full agency and power of cognition, deem worthy of my ballot.

There can be a clear distinction between the honesty of a persons motivations VS the validity of the facts and viewpoints of which they subsist. But to many, he can't just be wrong, or you can't simply or plainly just disagree with him, no he has to bending to pressure, capitulating to the mob or falling in lockstep with the Hollywood glitterati like a good little lamb.

Trust me, I understand fully why this thought scheme has(for some right leaning thinkers) metastasized into the bulbous mass of ideological resentment on full display here. Conservatives(especially in Hollywood) have been unfairly maligned for their views for so long in this country, that something fractured in their minds. Bombarded with the rote and unrelenting accusations of: "Racist, bigot, evil, heartless, tyrant etc...) a weird sort of Dunning kruger variant emerged as an unfortunate byproduct. Not as an overestimation of intelligence or worth, but of self righteousness; inheritors of the hammer of impugnment who are its only true wielders.

I don't hear this from liberals. I hear every other stupid indictment when I disagree with them (And those tend to be leftists anyway) but not this.
No this is something unique to the psychology of the right or anyone who has become more predominately conservative in the age of trump.

"Shut up and dribble, shut up and sing, shut up play, shut up and act until you grow up and start disseminating our viewpoints at which point we won't have any problem with you. Welcome to the club boyo, first drink is on the house!!!!-Oh and don't forget to tithe! 20% of your social media commentary must be dedicated to bemoaning unfairness, this is non negotiable and failure to comply is subject to permanent excommunication....that is until you become politically useful to us again at which point we will welcome you back with open arms. We are so glad you're here, lets make those libs cry!"/End scene.

I don't give a damn who the rock plans to vote for, that is his prerogative.
I don't care who Dean Cain votes for, James woods endorses, Jon Voight worships, Ted nugent slobbers over, or kid rock dry humps. I'll still watch Dean, Jame's and Jon's movies, listen to Ted's sick guitar shredding and hum along to the one Kid rock song that's actually worth a damn without questioning their values and integrity until I see something so manifestly dishonest that it's worthy of comment.

Thank you for coming to my TED Rant.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 328
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:42 am

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:15 pm
Thank you for coming to my TED Rant.
Given his popularity and the timing, I think it's fair to question his motives. It could still just be his opinion, which is fine, but as an official 'endorsement' just before the election he's obviously aiming to shift votes. I could watch his endorsement instead of spouting off hypotheticals like the uninformed hypocrite I am, but from what was said above it doesn't sound like he made the pitch on any particular substantive policy.

If this was the middle of 2017/2019 and/or people were angry he was just making comments in general on social media then count me all aboard the "get over it" bandwagon.

Post Reply