There we go

San Goku
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:54 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:15 pm
San Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:22 pm
Still appreciate the gift you got my little one to this day @killa

You guys keeping up with the George Flyod trial? Looks pretty straightforward so far with all the evidence and witnesses statements.
It was straightforward from the start, the prosecution has an uphill battle. You may get the manslaughter charges but anything related to murder isn't gonna stick. The man didn't knowingly try to kill this man nor was he knowingly committing a felony when Floyd died (2nd-degree murder) and trying to prove "evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life"(involved with 3rd-degree murder) is another stretch. He was using a legal hold (at the time) and had no idea that the man had a heart condition and was loaded up on enough drugs to kill a blue whale. Even the autopsy showed that Chauvin's hold didn't cause his death as there was no damage to his neck.

What killed Floyd was his heart condition combined with the drugs, perhaps the hold he was put in may have elevated his blood pressure to the point where he died faster than he would've (assuming he was gonna die later that day from drugs+heart issues) but that's entirely unknown.
I think you should do a personal experiment and get someone who you trust and is strong to apply pressure on your neck, maybe even get drunk. The hold absolutely killed him, witness in the video were pleading and saying you have a blood choke on George.

From what I seen so far George wasn't erratic enough to the point where he needed to be subdued even more after being handcuffed.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:53 pm

San Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:54 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:15 pm
San Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:22 pm
Still appreciate the gift you got my little one to this day @killa

You guys keeping up with the George Flyod trial? Looks pretty straightforward so far with all the evidence and witnesses statements.
It was straightforward from the start, the prosecution has an uphill battle. You may get the manslaughter charges but anything related to murder isn't gonna stick. The man didn't knowingly try to kill this man nor was he knowingly committing a felony when Floyd died (2nd-degree murder) and trying to prove "evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life"(involved with 3rd-degree murder) is another stretch. He was using a legal hold (at the time) and had no idea that the man had a heart condition and was loaded up on enough drugs to kill a blue whale. Even the autopsy showed that Chauvin's hold didn't cause his death as there was no damage to his neck.

What killed Floyd was his heart condition combined with the drugs, perhaps the hold he was put in may have elevated his blood pressure to the point where he died faster than he would've (assuming he was gonna die later that day from drugs+heart issues) but that's entirely unknown.
I think you should do a personal experiment and get someone who you trust and is strong to apply pressure on your neck, maybe even get drunk. The hold absolutely killed him, witness in the video were pleading and saying you have a blood choke on George.

From what I seen so far George wasn't erratic enough to the point where he needed to be subdued even more after being handcuffed.
The medical examiner listed the death as "homicide," saying Floyd "died of "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." Keep in mind that "homicide" here just means that the cause of death wasn't natural.

The problem for the prosecution (in my non-legal eyes) is what DM mentioned - the hold was a sanctioned hold. The question of if it should be a sanctioned hold isn't relevant, if Chauvin applied the hold according to procedure then he should be exonerated even though it's what killed Floyd. Basically either the cop messed up by not following procedure and it's his fault, or he did follow procedure and the problem is the police procedure.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:04 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:24 pm
xandorxerxes wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:14 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:07 am
Anybody ever read Record of Ragnarok? Since there is a Netflix adaptation coming I thought I'd check out the manga. Cool art.
I'm not entirely sure where they got the list of characters from, but I'm up to the 4th fight and it feels like the choice for humanity is... odd. It's a plot format that doesn't require a lot of narrative and is easily repeatable once it's over, so it's got a good thing going. The art is hit or miss for me, but I think once it settles in I'll like it. Entertained so far.
Oh yeah, it's a totally basic story but it's fun. I can't remember which is the 4th fight Jack the Ripper vs Hercules? That's good one. I do like the backstories on the gods and humans when they're fighting.

Also, do you think that Odin is the real head of the gods? Or at least the real big bad. He hasn't said a damn thing the whole time, only his crows talk. And they talk too damn much.

And Adam was a badass.
Yep, that was the one. I was surprised that most all western heroes were disregarded and people like Jack, Tesla, and Adam were included - but the Adam fight I really liked.

I haven't seen anything that would indicate that Zeus isn't the head of the Gods, though the number of Norse gods is surprising to me. Odin definitely has a part coming up as a participant and the Norse god of war.

Looking at the original list though in chapter 4, Heaven only has 12 listed. Hercules isn't on it. Not sure if that's a translation issue or an omission.

Digital Masta
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:09 am

San Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:54 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:15 pm
San Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:22 pm
Still appreciate the gift you got my little one to this day @killa

You guys keeping up with the George Flyod trial? Looks pretty straightforward so far with all the evidence and witnesses statements.
It was straightforward from the start, the prosecution has an uphill battle. You may get the manslaughter charges but anything related to murder isn't gonna stick. The man didn't knowingly try to kill this man nor was he knowingly committing a felony when Floyd died (2nd-degree murder) and trying to prove "evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life"(involved with 3rd-degree murder) is another stretch. He was using a legal hold (at the time) and had no idea that the man had a heart condition and was loaded up on enough drugs to kill a blue whale. Even the autopsy showed that Chauvin's hold didn't cause his death as there was no damage to his neck.

What killed Floyd was his heart condition combined with the drugs, perhaps the hold he was put in may have elevated his blood pressure to the point where he died faster than he would've (assuming he was gonna die later that day from drugs+heart issues) but that's entirely unknown.
I think you should do a personal experiment and get someone who you trust and is strong to apply pressure on your neck, maybe even get drunk. The hold absolutely killed him, witness in the video were pleading and saying you have a blood choke on George.

From what I seen so far George wasn't erratic enough to the point where he needed to be subdued even more after being handcuffed.

Bruh, don't ignore all the footage before the knee on the neck moment. Where they were talking to him and trying to work with him, they put him in the car and told him they'd roll down the window while he was in the car and then him fighting to get out of the car. He also had been saying he couldn't breathe before any of this happened. Now you can argue that he held the hold for too long because once he was subdued and stopped moving he probably could've got up.

This wasn't a small man and I believe he said he had covid as well and this was back when covid was still the scariest thing on Earth and that may or may not have had a reason as to why he kept the hold that long. I don't know.

Also, don't ignore the charges. Look at what's being presented and then look at the charges, take a few seconds, and look up what they mean. Look at what second-degree and third-degree murder mean in this trial.

But I'll repeat:

He wasn't knowingly committing a felony which then led to someone's someone's death. So if I rob a bank and then because I robbed the bank someone dies I can get charged with second-degree murder because my felony action caused the death.

And then third-degree is when you didn't mean to kill but you had "evidence of a depraved mind, without regard for human life" which based on the entire situation is essentially impossible to prove considering all the time they took to try to get him in the car BEFORE he was neck restrained.

Just because someone says "they can't breathe" doesn't mean that it's true especially when that same person was saying that while just sitting in a police car and you weren't aggressively restraining him.

Remember that criminal trials the standard is "beyond a reasonable doubt" and not "ponderous of evidence" like in civil cases.

I'm not some cop lover, I'm just looking at the situation.

If he goes away for murder I suspect even more cops across the country are just gonna go, "Fuck all this, I quit. Not worth it."

xandorxerxes
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:07 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:09 am

This wasn't a small man and I believe he said he had covid as well and this was back when covid was still the scariest thing on Earth and that may or may not have had a reason as to why he kept the hold that long. I don't know.


And then third-degree is when you didn't mean to kill but you had "evidence of a depraved mind, without regard for human life" which based on the entire situation is essentially impossible to prove considering all the time they took to try to get him in the car BEFORE he was neck restrained.
I think they can argue 3rd degree by saying that "if he was having trouble breathing in the car, taking him out and knee-pressing him is just going to make it worse."

The COVID was identified 8 weeks before his death, so I don't believe he would have been contagious. It wasn't listed as a contributing factor by the ME. That's not me contradicting you, but adding on to your statement.

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:29 am

...the problem is all in jury selection. AND they will make the jurors identities public afterwards. AND there will be a chance for a big payday afterwards with interview after interview.

I'm sure someone in that jury box likes to think of themselves as contrarian [just because]...but I think it is VERY hard to find a juror that isn't terrified of the cancel culture working on the backside of this...or to find one that hasn't been influenced by a year of riots...

calling it now....they are going to convict. Now in 2-3 years when the appeals trial rolls around and everything calms down -- they are gonna overturn it and let him out. People will be angry, but people have short memories.

Digital Masta
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 am

killacross wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:29 am
...the problem is all in jury selection. AND they will make the jurors identities public afterwards. AND there will be a chance for a big payday afterwards with interview after interview.

I'm sure someone in that jury box likes to think of themselves as contrarian [just because]...but I think it is VERY hard to find a juror that isn't terrified of the cancel culture working on the backside of this...or to find one that hasn't been influenced by a year of riots...

calling it now....they are going to convict. Now in 2-3 years when the appeals trial rolls around and everything calms down -- they are gonna overturn it and let him out. People will be angry, but people have short memories.
I'm actually thinking the same thing. If you're in that jury box and you don't convict, they will come after you.

San Goku
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:38 am

Yasuke trailer: https://youtu.be/oYcK1LQl_Fs

I'm getting an Afro Samurai type of vibe. Premieres April 29th.

Edit

DM pitching a show to a network: https://youtu.be/kbDrIk5oc54

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:26 pm

RDC world and Caleb City crack me up... Subscribed to both

Digital Masta
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:55 pm

killacross wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:26 pm
RDC world and Caleb City crack me up... Subscribed to both
They are funny but Long Beach Griffy is the king. That man has no chill whatsoever and challenges getting banned from Youtube every time he makes a video.

San Goku
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:09 pm

Hmm did I ever see Long Beach Griffy? I'll have to look him up.

King Vader is good too.

Edit

Oh I know who that is now.

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:39 pm

I like 3/4. I don't get the King Vader dance videos...but he has some gems in there.

None of them hold a candle to old school - hotdamnirock though

**Edit** went to look him up and shit is almost a decade ago (ALSO, that bodymore accent :lol: :lol: )

I swear I'm gonna live forever because time doesn't pass for me like you puny mortals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzeREh_m1Mk

San Goku
Posts: 736
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:13 pm

killacross wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:39 pm
I like 3/4. I don't get the King Vader dance videos...but he has some gems in there.

None of them hold a candle to old school - hotdamnirock though

**Edit** went to look him up and shit is almost a decade ago (ALSO, that bodymore accent :lol: :lol: )

I swear I'm gonna live forever because time doesn't pass for me like you puny mortals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzeREh_m1Mk
Oh man how did I forget about hotdamnirock he was good too! O.G

Edit

King Vader makes me laugh cause I find myself bouncing to his videos like an idiot and crack up even more.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:19 pm

killacross wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:29 am
...the problem is all in jury selection. AND they will make the jurors identities public afterwards. AND there will be a chance for a big payday afterwards with interview after interview.

I'm sure someone in that jury box likes to think of themselves as contrarian [just because]...but I think it is VERY hard to find a juror that isn't terrified of the cancel culture working on the backside of this...or to find one that hasn't been influenced by a year of riots...

calling it now....they are going to convict. Now in 2-3 years when the appeals trial rolls around and everything calms down -- they are gonna overturn it and let him out. People will be angry, but people have short memories.
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 am
I'm actually thinking the same thing. If you're in that jury box and you don't convict, they will come after you.
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 003860002/

Based on their responses, it seems like the prosecution has an uphill battle (which it should, by nature of prosecution). There's a few who I think are more inclined to convict unless convinced otherwise though.

It's absolutely tragic to see the "defund the police" movement so misunderstood. That's what they get for calling it "defund the police" though.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:02 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:09 am
And then third-degree is when you didn't mean to kill but you had "evidence of a depraved mind, without regard for human life" which based on the entire situation is essentially impossible to prove considering all the time they took to try to get him in the car BEFORE he was neck restrained.
I'm not exactly sure how you came to "Impossible"

"...without regard to human life..."

Depraved heart murder is essentially reckless indifference, i.e. disregarding human life while committing an act that could cause serious injury that could lead to death. Chauvin's actions leading up to the neck squat are not relevant to the act itself, and the fact that Floyd was complaining of breathing problems even prior to being restrained on the ground means that Chauvin was aware even before the incident that the person was claiming(rightly or wrongly) suffering.

Floyd pleaded for his life, continued to exclaim he was not able to breath and started to say he was going to die.
The last part could have been hyperbole sans the fact that that his chest and neck were being compressed and he was begging for his life.
Meaning, physical harm was being committed against him, thus it's not comparable to his declarations prior.
A man in the throws of histrionics yelling and screaming inanities when no physical danger is present would not be applicable to depraved heart murder, and at the time they were wrestling in the car it could be argued he was not in imminent danger because he was not yet fully restrained.

The key here is chauvins indifference to his constant pleas, and even his initial reluctance to release his knee even after Floyd stopped moving and the medical team arrived. Floyd was not moving or resisting by the time he started to really implore the officer to release his knee.

Digital Masta wrote: Just because someone says "they can't breathe" doesn't mean that it's true especially when that same person was saying that while just sitting in a police car and you weren't aggressively restraining him.
So what's your argument? That it was just as unbelievable to chauvin that a man couldn't breath while in the backseat wrestling with cops(not sure where you got the "Just sitting" bit) as it was when he had an officer on his midsection and the full weight of another compressing his neck?

That's your defense? "Well your honor, he was complaining he couldn't breath before I started choking him so naturally I didn't believe him as a began to choke him."

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:19 pm
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/ ... 003860002/

Based on their responses, it seems like the prosecution has an uphill battle (which it should, by nature of prosecution). There's a few who I think are more inclined to convict unless convinced otherwise though.

It's absolutely tragic to see the "defund the police" movement so misunderstood. That's what they get for calling it "defund the police" though.
not misunderstood -- co-opted

Digital Masta
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:01 am

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:02 pm
Cane writes a Cane post.
I still think manslaughter is more likely to stick than any of the murder charges.

Digital Masta
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:10 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:19 pm
killacross wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:29 am


It's absolutely tragic to see the "defund the police" movement so misunderstood. That's what they get for calling it "defund the police" though.
When all the defund the police stuff was going on I was like we need more services like Threat Management Center created by Dale Brown.

http://www.threatmanagementcenter.com/history.htm

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... management

https://tomwoods.com/ep-1679-dale-brown ... ent-crime/

https://tomwoods.com/ep-597-can-the-pri ... your-mind/


More options for being able to take control of your neighborhood. Ya know what, try it out...see what happens. If it doesn't work you can always go back to the old broken system.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 574
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:08 am

killacross wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 am
not misunderstood -- co-opted
In a sense, I guess. They never meant defund to mean do away with police, but the that's also a meaning of defund so their opponents ran with it. Police would have been safer and less stretched, but nope. If they had just chosen a better slogan that didn't also mean abolish the police it probably would have been much better received.
Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:10 am
More options for being able to take control of your neighborhood. Ya know what, try it out...see what happens. If it doesn't work you can always go back to the old broken system.
I mean, there's an easy alternative - educate and support families. Crime is WAY down already (from previous decades), and violent crimes against strangers are much rarer than against known people. Gang task forces started using that statistic against their databases of known gang members and dropped violence way down because they got ahead of it.

I'm a little annoyed at the guys you linked because I can't tell what the hell their programs are from their unsecured webpage, but I can listen to the podcasts later. The YouTube video I saw referenced how police are put in super dangerous situations with very little training, and really my reaction is just "maybe they should just train more" which I guess is the service they're selling. I lived next to a police officer for a while, I've got a couple of fun stories.

Anecdote - I think it was freakanomics that identified a strong correlation with the decrease in violence and the allowance of abortions. Violence started dropping immensely in the 90s for no singular, readily-apparent reason. The abortion conclusion was divisive, but it looks like recent research is confirming it. https://bfi.uchicago.edu/wp-content/upl ... 201975.pdf

BJS data for strangers and violent crime: https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4557

Digital Masta
Posts: 493
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:21 am

xandorxerxes wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:08 am
killacross wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:56 am
not misunderstood -- co-opted
In a sense, I guess. They never meant defund to mean do away with police, but the that's also a meaning of defund so their opponents ran with it. Police would have been safer and less stretched, but nope. If they had just chosen a better slogan that didn't also mean abolish the police it probably would have been much better received.
Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:10 am
More options for being able to take control of your neighborhood. Ya know what, try it out...see what happens. If it doesn't work you can always go back to the old broken system.
I mean, there's an easy alternative - educate and support families. Crime is WAY down already (from previous decades), and violent crimes against strangers are much rarer than against known people. Gang task forces started using that statistic against their databases of known gang members and dropped violence way down because they got ahead of it.

I'm a little annoyed at the guys you linked because I can't tell what the hell their programs are from their unsecured webpage, but I can listen to the podcasts later. The YouTube video I saw referenced how police are put in super dangerous situations with very little training, and really my reaction is just "maybe they should just train more" which I guess is the service they're selling. I lived next to a police officer for a while, I've got a couple of fun stories.

Anecdote - I think it was freakanomics that identified a strong correlation with the decrease in violence and the allowance of abortions. Violence started dropping immensely in the 90s for no singular, readily-apparent reason. The abortion conclusion was divisive, but it looks like recent research is confirming it. https://bfi.uchicago.edu/wp-content/upl ... 201975.pdf

BJS data for strangers and violent crime: https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=4557

I wonder if tons of would-be single moms were in that group of women that got abortions which would basically go back to the main problem that you mentioned, educate and support families. Basically broken households are much more likely to produce criminals.

Which is funny and by funny I mean sad because IF those statistics are linked to would-be single moms this ends up being the government's fault to begin with through welfare dependency and all that.

But XX as you know supporting families would require that people take more responsibility. If people do that then families, neighborhoods, and other communities begin to heal which in turn leads to less dependency on the government and you know damn well they can't have that.

Post Reply