There we go

Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:10 pm
San Goku wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:38 pm The way how the media portrayed the Proud Boys, those people that are ultra right wing Trump supporters. I assumed that they were all white and white supremacist but I'm on CNN website and the leader looks Black or Latino? Enrique Tarrio. That's weird...
The media? Lulz. Your own country says they're a terrorist organization.

Founder was white, this guy is cuban-american. Quick wikipedia reading says that they're not openly white supremacist, but many of their views align to white supremacy and many of their members attend white supremacist gatherings/rallies.
Maybe they do but wikipedia has been a shit show for essentially ever in regards to bullshit about people and organizations.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

@DM this is for you: https://youtu.be/3y4ZhQUre-4

Rand Paul confronts Biden transgender pick....
killacross

Post by killacross »

whaaaaaAAA!!??!!!
my wife got fired earlier this year...but was still eligible for her bonus
nice little $12k surprise in teh bank acct this morning

My pharma company has been going bananas. We had a record breaking year. So we get 3 paychecks in March...plus our regular bonus (mine is $18k this year)...plus a "thank you" bonus for working on pandemic response (they posted the numbers...mine is $22k)

...last year...around this time we got our bonuses. So combining that...with our savings...we invested just over $100k when the market tanked. We were lucky with the timing because we were like a day or two ahead of it.

hopefully...we can do something similar in 2021
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So I watched the first episode of Superman and Lois. Is the CW even allowed to make shows like this anymore? They will probably fuck it up.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:36 pm So I watched the first episode of Superman and Lois. Is the CW even allowed to make shows like this anymore? They will probably fuck it up.
So far so good then?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:36 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:36 pm So I watched the first episode of Superman and Lois. Is the CW even allowed to make shows like this anymore? They will probably fuck it up.
So far so good then?
Yeah, it was a good pilot episode.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:54 am
So far so good then?
It's CW, we all know it's not going to stay that way but might as well enjoy it until it does tank.

I say that, but I don't think I've watched anything from them since Season 3/4 of Arrow.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Also to make matters worse

https://deadline.com/2021/02/superman-r ... 234701922/

So...we got one of the masters behind the destruction of Star Wars teaming up with racist woke activist and SHITTY writer (see any comic book this man has penned) Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Woke Black Superman here we come.
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:20 am
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:54 am

So far so good then?
It's CW, we all know it's not going to stay that way but might as well enjoy it until it does tank.

I say that, but I don't think I've watched anything from them since Season 3/4 of Arrow.

I will say that the tone of this show is completely different from the other shows, by a lot.

It had its moments of checking off the boxes

-Evil Shadowy Capitalist Pig that doesn't pay a living wage (because of course)
-Son diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (mental health)
-Love interest of one of the sons has a black boyfriend...in rural farmland Kansas. Obviously not impossible but HIGHLY unlikely even today.

But I genuinely enjoyed the episode.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:36 am I will say that the tone of this show is completely different from the other shows, by a lot.

-Love interest of one of the sons has a black boyfriend...in rural farmland Kansas. Obviously not impossible but HIGHLY unlikely even today.

1.That's Morgan edge, and if you know anything about the DC universe you'd know that's right on brand. Post crisis he's always been depicted as a greedy capitalist crime lord. He's about as "Woke" a caricature as Lex Luthor.
2.Becuase we all know that Mental illness is a liberal hoax.
3.On this I agree, it's super annoying when the writers of the "Guy who can shoot lasers out of his eyes" show, go against the grain of realism and place black people in a setting they don't belong.

None of this registered with me in my initial viewing but I think it might be fun to go back and re-watch it and count the black faces.
I know I missed a few, I forgot it's greatly important we pay attention to that now.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:36 am I will say that the tone of this show is completely different from the other shows, by a lot.

1.That's Morgan edge, and if you know anything about the DC universe you'd know that's right on brand. Post crisis he's always been depicted as a greedy capitalist crime lord. He's about as "Woke" a caricature as Lex Luthor.
2.Becuase we all know that Mental illness is a liberal hoax.
3.On this I agree, it's super annoying when the writers of the "Guy who can shoot lasers out of his eyes" show, go against the grain of realism and place black people in a setting they don't belong.

Hey, you said it. not me. I was just saying they're just checking certain "must-have" boxes that appear in shows these days(greedy capitalist(granted this has been a troupe for a long time), mental illness character, and interracial relationship).

I dunno about this liberal hoax stuff you're spouting.

But on a serious note...that rant was really unnecessary. There are a million ways to respond and you chose to resort to being antagonistic, I'm over here talking about how it's was a good episode and looks promising, and yeah it had a couple of what I call checkbox moments but it was still really good basically 95% positive about the show and 5% criticism and then you come out swinging. You don't have to agree with my view but you don't have to be an asshole in your disagreement.

How about this instead:

I wasn't bothered by those moments. Solid first episode.

Also, it was the fact that they chose Morgan Edge as the character to use that was my criticism.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Looks like I need to work on my comedy act. :oops:

Wasn't being antagonistic, I assumed your "Box ticking" was a reference to perceived wokeness inclusion. You speak of it often and sometimes I agree with you(Such as the legend of korra commentary a page back), this time I didn't.

I thought the criticism was silly so I parodied it... I guess I'm not as funny as I thought I was.
I honestly thought the "Counting black faces" bit would have been the tell.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:30 pm Looks like I need to work on my comedy act. :oops:

Wasn't being antagonistic, I assumed your "Box ticking" was a reference to perceived wokeness inclusion. You speak of it often and sometimes I agree with you(Such as the legend of korra commentary a page back), this time I didn't.

I thought the criticism was silly so I parodied it... I guess I'm not as funny as I thought I was.
I honestly thought the "Counting black faces" bit would have been the tell.
I blame the internet - I thought your comments were exaggerated so the thought crossed my mind but in the end I thought you were coming down on him too.
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:53 pmHow about this instead:

I wasn't bothered by those moments. Solid first episode.
Noooo, let the hate flow through you.
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:53 pm Also, it was the fact that they chose Morgan Edge as the character to use that was my criticism.
Yesssssssss.

/goes back to being the Negative Ninny.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am https://uberhumor.com/comment-what-you- ... ess-unmute

...the brain is weird
Welp, that's never leaving my brain.
killacross

Post by killacross »

just heard back....I didn't get the job
and in other news....
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:11 am https://uberhumor.com/comment-what-you- ... ess-unmute

...the brain is weird
I can't unhear that.... ever lol
killacross wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:10 pm just heard back....I didn't get the job
and in other news....
Fucking worst when in my mind I know I destroyed the interview and didn't get the job. Many interviews + powerpoint presentations (hate those) and didn't get the job.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Another social media platform with shit security - if you used Gab, change your passwords. Their data was leaked in a bad way - passwords (hashed, but algorithm unknown) and private messages/chats that were stored in plaintext.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:49 pm Another social media platform with shit security - if you used Gab, change your passwords. Their data was leaked in a bad way - passwords (hashed, but algorithm unknown) and private messages/chats that were stored in plaintext.
Do you recommend the Signal app for good privacy and security?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:11 am
xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:49 pm Another social media platform with shit security - if you used Gab, change your passwords. Their data was leaked in a bad way - passwords (hashed, but algorithm unknown) and private messages/chats that were stored in plaintext.
Yep. I use Signal and Threema. I'd usually recommend WhatsApp but Facebook decided to Facebook it.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:08 pm
San Goku wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:11 am
Yep. I use Signal and Threema. I'd usually recommend WhatsApp but Facebook decided to Facebook it.
Unfortunately I am still using watsapp. I have Signal, but a lot of family and friends are on watsapp. That can change quickly though, the same with Blackberry messenger back in the day.