There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

my new goals for March:

1. get back into my diet/exercise routine (I have lost 0.2 lbs since last month. Basically Ill lose 4..then gain 4...then lose 4...then gain 4) -- gotta get that discipline thing down again
2. spring cleaning -- started watching episodes of Hoarders and it has me paranoid of the books on my bookshelf, the projects/supplies I had queued up, my garage

...I'm gonna start buying exactly what I need. Keep the tools but trash the consumables immediately after a project is COMPLETE (I generally save some for repairs or expansions afterwards).
Last edited by killacross on Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:37 am Completely different topic but you know what always bothers me about Joe Rogan? He is the king of misinterpreting the views of previous guests he has on his show that he doesn't agree with. His recent episode with Melissa Chen (speaking of fine Asian women) and he brings up his disagreement with Ben Shapiro on gay marriage and his completely misinterprets Ben's viewpoint (disclosure, I like Ben...his foreign policy views are complete TRASH but anyway) because Rogan also clearly has a complete disdain for religion in general...as did Melissa Chen because they both kinda feed off each other in that segment.
Talking Heads 101. Never found an individual talk show that didn't frame whatever they don't like in a crooked manner on a regular basis. Why I stopped listening to people in general. Ben does it too, but to his credit the way he does it is pretty slick.
killacross

Post by killacross »

what is wrong with me??

...went to the grocery store 2 days ago. The girl in front had two small children. She got her stuff...totaled to about $70. She swipes her Foodstamps card. Declined. Swipes again. Declined. Swipes a different card. Declined. Says, we need to start putting some of this back.

I say..."no it's fine...I'll buy this". The cashier made me pay in 2 transactions...which makes sense...but was weird.

Anyway, she thanks me profusely and takes her kids and goes. I get my stuff. Cashier says that was nice/awesome. Walking to my car, she just so happened to be parked the opposite side of the isle as me.

She walks over and asks..."Can I give you a hug?"
I look at her and say "No".
She took a half step, stretched out her arms...then stopped. Thanked me profusely again and we left.

I don't know why but I can't stop laughing about this.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Did you think she was dirty or something? It's okay to get hugs my man.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Nothing like that at all.. She was a cute white/black mix

.. Looked like her kids were fathered by a white guy

I just thought it would be funny in that split second I had to think.. And it absolutely was

Edit:
Rewatching Gurren Lagann.
#1. This show is stylish as fuck!!
#2. Can't believe it came out in 2007! It's possible, but I don't think I have rewatched since original airdate. I only remember a few things about it...mostly Kamina's death
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Hope everyone is doing well. Felt like I haven't been on here for a minute (I may of popped in for a second), feels like forever.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Back to Korean movie stuff, I randomly started watching this Korean show on Netflix called Itaewon Class and that show is fucking lit. I'm on ep 3.

Also, Narcos Mexico season 2 is out.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Ovi with 700 goals, 8th all time
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Jesus Christ Wilder got his ass handed to him. Once his eardrum popped his whole body went out of wack, unfortunate cause we could of got more.
superbob wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:07 pm Ovi with 700 goals, 8th all time
Good for Alex one of the greatest hockey players ever, a Kobe fan too.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...TIL that Girls Gone Wild had over 300 films
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:14 am Jesus Christ Wilder got his ass handed to him. Once his eardrum popped his whole body went out of wack, unfortunate cause we could of got more.
Apparently his eardrum is OK, he just got drubbed. His legs were gone, fighting any longer would probably have just injured him.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So, last month I shot an editorial that I submitted to the magazine InPiece and not only was it accepted we got the cover. My first published editorial. It's a new, small magazine but it's a start. Although technically this makes me a "published photographer"

You can view the digital copy of the issue here:

https://www.inpiece.com/magazine

Also, I was watching old clips of the old Batman films and serious, Batman and Batman Returns are so good and the performances are fantastic. Michael Keaton is still the best "Batman" I think and he had without a doubt the best "Batman stare" seriously...he's pretty damn scary. I also now appreciate his Bruce Wayne a lot more now too, he was kinda awkward and stumbled over his words with women he liked (see Catwoman) yet as Batman he was super confident. Also his Batman actually did some detective style work. Especially in the first one when he figures out the Joker chemicals. He also had a damn Batcave that he spent time in.

Of course the Danny Elfman score too. Especially the final scene of the first movie...still powerful even today.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Good job DM^^

I stumbled on this anime clip: https://youtu.be/J3N5HewglNs

They should seriously make an anime about Kobe like this.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Congrats DM!

So...crazy, crazy world. My wife sent me a text 2 days ago saying something is happening at my trashy neighbor's house: Police, EMTs, and Firetrucks were outside my little cul-de-sac

I joked and said..."Hopefully someone died so they move away"
I came home and there were about 30 cars outside. From their driveway, into the cul-de-sac, and all down the street around my house. Kinda difficult to navigate/park..but not impossible, whatever.

Same thing the next day. But a white wreath was on their front door. I saw the father, and 3 of the 4 daughters. I thought it may have been the mom. She came out later...but I noticed she was the only one in tears. I thought it might be maternal grandma/grandpa/aunt/uncle.

Turns out...their youngest daughter, 12, committed suicide.

I felt bad for about 30 seconds for the joke...but I've moved on.

I can't really be sympathetic/empathetic [never remember which], we never talked...I didn't even know their surname. My only interaction with them in the past 2 years is:
1. Asking them to not park in my driveway when we first bought the house
2. Asking them to stop throwing cigarette butts in my yard
3. Asking them to stop throwing their dog's shit over the fence
4. Asking them to move a broken down car from in front of my yard
5. One of the older daughter's (19/20ish) flirting with me (and thinking I was in college) because I look young for 35
6. Watching all of them at some point, smoke TONS of weed in their driveway

The only interaction with the 12 yo was when I bought some school fundraiser candy bars and flower bulbs

...we donated to their GoFund me.

..9 months in and parenthood has really changed me -- I gotta go hug my daughter!!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I mean yeah...it's terrible but what the fuck is going on that a 12 year old commits suicide?
killacross

Post by killacross »

Bullying apparently
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Fucked up, that's gotta hit you, it would hit me. 12 years old is so young. That was the furthest thing from my mind at that age.

Speaking of 12 year olds did you guys hear retired NBA star Dwayne Wade is going to chop off his sons dick and turn it into a vagina? Apparently Social Services would give you trouble if you denied your child to do that smh.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:52 pm Fucked up, that's gotta hit you, it would hit me. 12 years old is so young. That was the furthest thing from my mind at that age.

Speaking of 12 year olds did you guys hear retired NBA star Dwayne Wade is going to chop off his sons dick and turn it into a vagina? Apparently Social Services would give you trouble if you denied your child to do that smh.
Link me? As far as I can tell his son came out as transgender, I don't see anything about social services or an operation. I think it'd be the opposite actually - 12 is far too young for an operation, I feel like your sexuality isn't fully set by 12 so that would be too drastic an action. Obviously I could be very wrong, but if that was published somewhere my google-fu is failing me.

@DM - congrats!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Gotta remember.. San is canadian

So I think there are cases of threats of reporting to CPS of you deny your kids secual identity

.. Don't know if any have been taken away (because I never looked into it)

**EDIT**
So was talking about the neighbor's daughter at work today. People were like...OH, we heard about that...our son/daughter is/was in her class. According to the grapevine, this girl was going through some things. She was the class TikTok superstar. Apparently she uploaded some video last week that got her ostracized. She skipped school a few days, came back Monday and said she was going to hurt herself. No one believed her...so she went home and hanged herself.

...Social media is fucking dumb.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:37 pm Gotta remember.. San is canadian

So I think there are cases of threats of reporting to CPS of you deny your kids secual identity

.. Don't know if any have been taken away (because I never looked into it)

**EDIT**
So was talking about the neighbor's daughter at work today. People were like...OH, we heard about that...our son/daughter is/was in her class. According to the grapevine, this girl was going through some things. She was the class TikTok superstar. Apparently she uploaded some video last week that got her ostracized. She skipped school a few days, came back Monday and said she was going to hurt herself. No one believed her...so she went home and hanged herself.

...Social media is fucking dumb.

Epic parental fail. 100%