A&P put out a new video.
killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

DM vs XX boxing match?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:02 pm DM vs XX boxing match?
I mean, kinda sorta not really? I like religion(s) a lot, so my gut reaction is to chomp at the bit, but I was hesitant in replying this time because I don't like to get deep into religious discussions anymore. Usually they don't end well for anyone. I also know that I'm exposed to COVID consequences and their impact on our healthcare system more than the average person, so I attempt to tamper my prejudices against deniers. That's not going to keep me from taking a cheap religious shot at the end about COVID (sorry). Now if DM were one of the idiots at rallies talking about the vaccine making him magnetized, I'd be frothing at the mouth to myself. I only do the back-and-forth because I know he's smart and getting opinions contrary to my own is generally a good thing. My wife and her family are far left, my parents aren't super left but they've certainly abandoned the right after 2016 and the other experiences they've had in general, so aside from reading right-leaning news and trying to avoid the comments you guys are what I've got. Sorry everyone else! Maybe I should just shut up and take it to PMs if no one else has any use for reading it?
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:43 pm You think I am talking about crime when I say degenerate culture? Nope. I wasn't talking about crime.

But since you brought it up, this idea that poverty causes crime is also false. The Appalachian area is among the poorest in America but crime is low. Japan has areas that are considered poor and not everyone is necessarily educated and rampant crime isn't a problem. I also think you will find similar situations in Scandinavia and places like that as well.
I'm not saying they cause crime (breaking news, XX said poor people are degenerates), I'm saying [in a poorly written fashion] they're more correlated than religion. If we're saying they're not the cause, why would we say religion is the cause? If we're deviating from religion as much as I think you think we are, I'd be more wary of finding an inverse correlation between religion and crime than a positive one.

Crime is a subset of degeneracy by definition, so if you're talking about non-crime degeneracy I can only say that we can/should prevent our own degeneracy: John 8:7 tells us not to judge others (and in this case specifically, a woman adulterer). Yes, the approach I'm using this time is "because Jesus said so."

Cheap shot time:
Leviticus 13:45-46 is about a far less deadly disease than COVID:
  • And the leper in whom the plague is, his clothes shall be rent, and his head bare, and he shall put a covering upon his upper lip, and shall cry, Unclean, unclean.
  • All the days wherein the plague shall be in him he shall be defiled; he is unclean: he shall dwell alone; without the camp shall his habitation be.
Leviticus being the book that most everyone wants to throw out (especially liberals) makes it a bit amusing? A bit less relevant? Whatever, I enjoy my bacon (Leviticus 11).
killacross

Post by killacross »

Carpet bomb
Carpet bomb
Carpet bomb

.. Or go the glass and shadows route
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 0iaZFSEeEU

Interesting article
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Fox News is all over the Afghanistan situation with Biden lol

As society has become more and more secular, it's clear how the further we've gone from religion the more degenerate we've become as a society. 

Of course we have, I don't understand how people don't see this. It's only going to get worse.
superbob wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:43 am Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections

Interesting article
Even more interesting video: https://youtu.be/HPlVJEyWAKY
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

San Goku wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:21 am Fox News is all over the Afghanistan situation with Biden lol

As society has become more and more secular, it's clear how the further we've gone from religion the more degenerate we've become as a society. 

Of course we have, I don't understand how people don't see this. It's only going to get worse.
superbob wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:43 am Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections

Interesting article
Even more interesting video: https://youtu.be/HPlVJEyWAKY
Some of the most degenerate/racist/bigotted individuals i've every met were evangelical Christians. Religion/secular has nothing to do with it and the faux outrage continues to piss me off as all it does is divide society.

In your video, @ about 5:30, she's categorically false about the covid vaccine and the delta variant. Vaccinated individuals are significantly less likely to become ill, even less likely to become seriously ill and require hospitalization, and even less likely then that to die. At the end of July, 43 out of over 9000 covid deaths in texas were fully vaccinated. Also I don't like how she claims facts but doesn't cite any studies or sources and I cannot find anything online of where her sources are for any of her statements. Also, she states statistics that the MMR vaccine causes autism in african american children were created by one study where the main author, brian hooker, went around after a CDC study was completed, interviewed parents with autistic kids, asked if they received the MMR vaccine, and said afterwards the MMR vaccine caused it. He essentially shot at a piece of paper, then drew the target afterwards and said he got 10/10.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Yes some white evangelical Christians can be racist and bigoted but you will see that in all races including blacks.

Edit

I will say it takes a lot of commitment living a religious lifestyle having been born into a fairly religious household and even more challenging living in a secular society.

I attribute my parents Christian values to keeping my ass out of jail and out of the streets. I had a couple friends and associates that didn't have that are 6 feet under the ground right now.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 am ^^ Yes some white evangelical Christians can be racist and bigoted but you will see that in all races including blacks.
It's true! You will see racist and bigoted evangelical christians of all races. (/S)

San Goku wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 am I will say it takes a lot of commitment living a religious lifestyle having been born into a fairly religious household and even more challenging living in a secular society.

I attribute my parents Christian values to keeping my ass out of jail and out of the streets. I had a couple friends and associates that didn't have that are 6 feet under the ground right now.
In the US, the term "Christian values" is used as an excuse for anything someone who calls themselves a Christian doesn't like. It doesn't matter how un-Christian they act otherwise. Don't like gays? Christian values! Get divorced? No problem.

I have 0 doubts that religion has helped many, many people. It's killed millions too. To say that we're degenerating as a society because of moving away from religion is not only unequivocally false, it's almost anti-Christian.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ This is a fact that people's misguided religions have killed people.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8LxraECD5E

Once again, 8 minutes of non controversial pure truth and levelheaded perspective is maligned by knee-jerk performative outrage.
I may not be an immigrant of the third world( by the international standard Ireland is industrialized, but trust me there are remote parts that would easily classify) but I lived through the latter half of a wave of generational sectarian violence that invariably changed my outlook on life; which I think most Americans(sans national and rare tragedies such as 9/11) are so privileged to have never experienced.

Hell, even the conflicts of my birth country seem tame by comparison(the worst loss of life incident in Northern Ireland's history was Child's play compared to your average suicide bombing in the middle east). There's a weird sort of inverse reaction to prosperity that only seems to occur within countries that achieve such a prolonged string of it, almost as if a deficit of subconscious desire for failure is formed to counteract the imbalance of all the success. Which is natural; when you have it too good you invariably start to question the reasons. Unfortunately for many in this country that amounts to decontextualizing the pain and suffering of the less fortunate, appropriating it for ones own use, and externalizing Ahistorical myths fueled by misguided resentment.
killacross

Post by killacross »

New season of love death and robots has been out for months... And no one told me

Fuck all yall niggas
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:33 am New season of love death and robots has been out for months... And no one told me

Fuck all yall niggas
You know I seen it on the Netflix tabs and thought they were just repromoting old shows cause they do that sometimes. Need to find the time for that.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Season 2 was a huge drop in stories vs season 1. But the visuals in a few were impressive. It was the same feeling I had when halo 4 first dropped and I thought.. Did they hire actors for this part?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Listening to Kanye West New album now. Sounds good so far.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Superman and Lois finished its 1st season. Definitely check it out. Yes, it is still the CW so it has some stereotypical CW overdramatic acting moments but it is a really solid show. Tyler Hoechiln is a solid Superman.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:03 am Superman and Lois finished its 1st season. Definitely check it out. Yes, it is still the CW so it has some stereotypical CW overdramatic acting moments but it is a really solid show. Tyler Hoechiln is a solid Superman.
This type of show was decent when I was young (like Smallville), but it's hard to watch when you're older.
You wouldn't be watching this if it wasn't called superman.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

I didn't make this prediction on this board, but I totally fucking called weebs getting triggered when I thought about the impracticality of Faye valentines "Outfit".

Yes ladies and gentlemen the first still shots of the Cowboy bebop live action Netflix show are out, and right on cue the internets horniest reprobates have collectively emerged from their basements to howl at the moon that she's not gallivanting around half naked for the lewd enjoyment of virgins everywhere.

I mean honestly, this show is in all probability going to be a massive train wreck(The only redeeming features are the set designs and Yoko Kanno signing on to score the soundtrack) getting bent out of shape over the live action faye finally learning how to properly wear a jacket and looking moderately less like a whore is a hysterical hill to die on.