There we go

xandorxerxes

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:08 am That phone call from trump was a big oof on his part... Not sure how that isn't federal election tampering
Based on my memory of recent articles I read and quick searches, it doesn't actually meet any legal definition for a crime. I'd go as far as to say that it's not even necessarily an ethics violation because for some reason I think he honestly believes that the GA election was fraudulent and that they're just not looking into it. Obviously it's got a mob feel to it because that's just how he is/talks - see Ukraine. GA Secretary of State can't win, even if he investigated a 4th time and came out with the same results he'd just get called incompetent for not seeing the fraud.

No extensive research and I'm not an authority on the subject, so obviously take all of that with a grain of salt.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:01 pm San.. How long have you been in your career field? For sake of argument, let's say it's 10 rears.

Imagine a new grad comes in with the different, but still technical degree (pretty sure you have an engineering degree.. llike me)

After 6 months, your boss gives him a promotion and you now report to this new grad. Would you say.. Well... He has a degree and it's newer.. He may actually know more than me.

.. Hell, I've been in pharma for a decade. Imagine they hire me as your boss. Do you think I know more than you about your particular field?

Its the exact same here. Mayweather will pick this poor kid apart. Actually, a lot of REAL boxers who have done the work would pick him apart. So, imagine someone at the top of the game.
Don't know how I missed this. Good point but I have to respectfully disagree. Take Andersen 'the spider' Silva for example. By most metrics he's the GOAT of UFC or one of them at least. He has the world of knowledge when it comes to fighting and is a damn smart fighter. That don't mean SHIT right now cause he is the perfect example of father time kicking the crap out of him. I'm surprised he actually still tries to fight but I respect him for it. Having said that, if I'm Floyd why play around with my legacy of my perfect record. It will probably be easy money as usual but it just takes one lucky punch.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:38 am
superbob wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:08 am That phone call from trump was a big oof on his part... Not sure how that isn't federal election tampering
Based on my memory of recent articles I read and quick searches, it doesn't actually meet any legal definition for a crime. I'd go as far as to say that it's not even necessarily an ethics violation because for some reason I think he honestly believes that the GA election was fraudulent and that they're just not looking into it. Obviously it's got a mob feel to it because that's just how he is/talks - see Ukraine. GA Secretary of State can't win, even if he investigated a 4th time and came out with the same results he'd just get called incompetent for not seeing the fraud.

No extensive research and I'm not an authority on the subject, so obviously take all of that with a grain of salt.
in the phone call he asked him to find the necessary amount of votes to win the election by one, which would be, at least in my untrained eyes (though i'm sure they'll say anything to change the verdict)

A person, including an election official, who in any election for Federal office—
(1)knowingly and willfully intimidates, threatens, or coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any person for—
(A)registering to vote, or voting, or attempting to register or vote;
(B)urging or aiding any person to register to vote, to vote, or to attempt to register or vote; or
(C)exercising any right under this chapter; or
(2)knowingly and willfully deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process, by—
(A)the procurement or submission of voter registration applications that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held; or
(B)the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held,

While they might not be "known" to trump, though asking for the exact amount of votes needed to win the state by one and for him to word it as a "retabulation" it seems like he knows, he is asking for an individual who does know that those votes would be false.

You do get into a whole lot of weird laws when it comes to the president and what powers he has, and also on the other side RICO laws
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Trust me if XX is saying Trump feels he won Georgia then there was nothing shady about the phone call. Trump is saying people were pulling suitcases of ballots under the table. So he feels his legal votes to win are out there. Don't spin it any other way.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I would say the guy has like 2-3 weeks left. The guy lost the election. The guy lost the electoral college. They are even shuffling the secret service roster to make sure he leaves.

Your side won this time...I wish they would let Trump throw his tantrums and move along. This will be a nonstory because people are more focused on those $2k checks anyway.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

<--POLITICS PART--> So you can skip to the bottom if you don't want politics...
superbob wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:15 am A person, including an election official, who in any election for Federal office—
(1)knowingly and willfully intimidates, threatens, or coerces, or attempts to intimidate, threaten, or coerce, any person for—
(A)registering to vote, or voting, or attempting to register or vote;
(B)urging or aiding any person to register to vote, to vote, or to attempt to register or vote; or
(C)exercising any right under this chapter; or
(2)knowingly and willfully deprives, defrauds, or attempts to deprive or defraud the residents of a State of a fair and impartially conducted election process, by—
(A)the procurement or submission of voter registration applications that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held; or
(B)the procurement, casting, or tabulation of ballots that are known by the person to be materially false, fictitious, or fraudulent under the laws of the State in which the election is held,

While they might not be "known" to trump, though asking for the exact amount of votes needed to win the state by one and for him to word it as a "retabulation" it seems like he knows, he is asking for an individual who does know that those votes would be false.

You do get into a whole lot of weird laws when it comes to the president and what powers he has, and also on the other side RICO laws
Yeah, if I'm his [internet armchair] lawyer I just say that he knows there's actual fraud and he's asking the guy to at least look hard enough to find real missing votes, not to conjure them from nowhere. Since those votes don't exist he's only technically meeting B, but by virtue of him actually thinking they do exist he's not asking the guy to make votes up. That also means he fails to knowingly and willfully do anything. Now, our president essentially claiming incompetence is another issue...

Also Mueller already showed us they can't charge him with anything.
killacross wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:01 am I would say the guy has like 2-3 weeks left. The guy lost the election. The guy lost the electoral college. They are even shuffling the secret service roster to make sure he leaves.

Your side won this time...I wish they would let Trump throw his tantrums and move along. This will be a nonstory because people are more focused on those $2k checks anyway.
The problem is that they can't just let him throw tantrums - Trump's presence reaches much farther than people generally give him credit for (and last I heard is one of the prevailing theories as to why 2016 and 2020 polls were off but not 2014/2018). Despite most all of the GOP saying the elections were fair and Trump lost, most Republicans polled (68%) believe the elections weren't fair and that it was stolen from Trump. Everyone saw what happened in Florida when they just let Trump say whatever - people believed that Biden was communist and Castro's buddy.

<--END POLITICS-->
San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:54 am Don't know how I missed this. Good point but I have to respectfully disagree. Take Andersen 'the spider' Silva for example. By most metrics he's the GOAT of UFC or one of them at least. He has the world of knowledge when it comes to fighting and is a damn smart fighter. That don't mean SHIT right now cause he is the perfect example of father time kicking the crap out of him. I'm surprised he actually still tries to fight but I respect him for it. Having said that, if I'm Floyd why play around with my legacy of my perfect record. It will probably be easy money as usual but it just takes one lucky punch.
It doesn't matter. He's still one of the best fighters... ever. If you're not a professional, you can't hold a candle to him. Even the worst professional players will absolutely destroy college athletes in the same sport. He just fought Connor McGregor 3 years ago and won. Do you think this kid is anywhere near McGregor's level was then?

As another joke of a statistic, 1 in 8 men said they could take a point from Serena Williams. Absolutely impossible.
killacross

Post by killacross »

now Biden trying to bribe people in GA for a vote??

LOCK HIM UP!!

**Edit**

MIDGE!! :cry:
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Looks like McConnell not passing the $2000 stimulus checks lost the Senate for the GOP
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

superbob wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:05 am Looks like McConnell not passing the $2000 stimulus checks lost the Senate for the GOP
That and Trump's voter fraud talk. There's an extremely high correlation between how high a county broke for Trump and how much lower its voter turnout was than in November. I imagine he's happy about that.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Mitch should have passed the $2000. Well Dems have full control now. That damming video Warnock's wife did nothing and reminded me I need friends in position of power lol.
Mongor

Post by Mongor »

Last edited by Mongor on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Wtf did I just hear there is a stand off on the radio?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I can't wait to see how the media that said nothing/praised the rioting and looting will suddenly find this behavior terrible...which it is. But these mofos can't say shit because they lie, they twist and misconstrue and they love being factual without being truthful. What does that mean? Well here's a real-life example for 2019:

"The retailer sent Atkins low-carb lemon diet bars to its customers, which INCLUDED those who purchased plus-size clothing."

This was Forever 21. They sent the diet bars to every single customer as a gift.

Honestly, it's not the politics that I'm concerned about, it's the continuing culture war that's being waged in America that I'm scared of and the left is going to feel more confident and embolden as ever thanks to the political situation right now. It's going to get a lot worse culturally before it gets better.

But hey guys the storming of the Capitol was mostly peaceful.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 pm I can't wait to see how the media that said nothing/praised the rioting and looting will suddenly find this behavior terrible...which it is. But these mofos can't say shit because they lie, they twist and misconstrue and they love being factual without being truthful. What does that mean? Well here's a real-life example for 2019:

"The retailer sent Atkins low-carb lemon diet bars to its customers, which INCLUDED those who purchased plus-size clothing."

This was Forever 21. They sent the diet bars to every single customer as a gift.

Honestly, it's not the politics that I'm concerned about, it's the continuing culture war that's being waged in America that I'm scared of and the left is going to feel more confident and embolden as ever thanks to the political situation right now. It's going to get a lot worse culturally before it gets better.
That feeling when you're more concerned with how the media is going to spin their web of hypocrisy than the fact that the capitol was just sieged by a mob for the first time since the war of 1812, and a poor girl is at the hospital with a bullet in her neck.

Congrats DM, take a fucking bow.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:43 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:15 pm I can't wait to see how the media that said nothing/praised the rioting and looting will suddenly find this behavior terrible...which it is. But these mofos can't say shit because they lie, they twist and misconstrue and they love being factual without being truthful. What does that mean? Well here's a real-life example for 2019:

That feeling when you're more concerned with how the media is going to spin their web of hypocrisy than the fact that the capitol was just sieged by a mob for the first time since the war of 1812, and a poor girl is at the hospital with a bullet in her neck.

Congrats DM, take a fucking bow.

Always a pleasure when his holiness, Cane decides to grace us with his presence. I'm just so happy to be at least admonished by one that is holier than all others.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

There's nothing "Holier than thou" about calling a spade a fucking spade dude. I know you don't condone this, I know this doesn't represent your values or that of most trump supporters/trump apologists/conservative adjacent trump lite etc.., but whatabouting this is repugnant and I call it like I see it.

If this was was Antifa, I'd be just as disgusted and even less surprised.
But surprise, believe it or not even a peaceful electorate can be incited to riot given enough poking,prodding and conspiratorial bullshit to munch on by an irresponsible man=child who can't accept reality.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:59 pm There's nothing "Holier than thou" about calling a spade a fucking spade dude. I know you don't condone this, I know this doesn't represent your values or that of most trump supporters/trump apologists/conservative adjacent trump lite etc.., but whatabouting this is repugnant and I call it like I see it.

But surprise, believe it or not even a peaceful electorate can be incited to riot given enough poking,prodding and conspiratorial bullshit to munch on by an irresponsible man=child who can't accept reality.
DM wasn't the only one who had similar thoughts (guilty), but I'm 99.9999% sure we can assume DM isn't in agreement with any of the violence. Comparing the events and their coverage is a worthwhile exercise to maximize our objectivity.

I think the events stopped being similar as soon as Trump gave his speech that started an actual assault on the capitol though. I can't reconcile equating individuals looting and vandalizing as a crime of opportunity with a targeted attack designed to shut down the federal government. That's not even protesting anymore, that's just terrorism.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:16 pm
Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:59 pm There's nothing "Holier than thou" about calling a spade a fucking spade dude. I know you don't condone this, I know this doesn't represent your values or that of most trump supporters/trump apologists/conservative adjacent trump lite etc.., but whatabouting this is repugnant and I call it like I see it.

DM wasn't the only one who had similar thoughts (guilty), but I'm 99.9999% sure we can assume DM isn't in agreement with any of the violence. Comparing the events and their coverage is a worthwhile exercise to maximize our objectivity.

I think the events stopped being similar as soon as Trump gave his speech that started an actual assault on the capitol though. I can't reconcile equating individuals looting and vandalizing as a crime of opportunity with a targeted attack designed to shut down the federal government. That's not even protesting anymore, that's just terrorism.
I don't believe for a second DM condones this, I've never met him but I know his character enough from years of online interaction.
I don't cast those types of aspersions, but I'm of the opinion that whatabouting this regardless of the validity of the point(which I'm wholeheartedly in agreement with) belittles the seriousness of the situation.

This shit went from 0 to 60 the second I heard a young woman was shot.
Call it my emotions ramping up(my daughter is only months away from entering this Molotov cocktail) but a dispassionate objective rebuke of the media at this hour is like rhetorically dunking on the captain who drunkenly rammed into the iceberg as the ship is sinking into the depths of the briny deep.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

^ Now they're saying she died. But really I'm not surprised this happened considering his supporters did something similar to this in MI less than 12 months ago. Nor am I surprised that Trump praised the rioters.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

https://youtu.be/2PAVTZIM5ks

NSFW i guess, you don't see any actual gore, but at 17s you can see the individual with the massive red backpack start climbing through the furthest window from the camera, hear a gun shot, and then watch said individual stiffen and fall backwards out of the window.

I'm curious as to what happened that warranted the shot, if it was just a hold the line situation until they were able to secure all the representatives type situation. What's really damning is there's video circulating of security opening the barricade outside to let the protestors through