There we go

killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu May 27, 2021 8:28 am

Job market is INSANE in pharma right now (it makes sense I guess...global pandemic, government spending and contracts, and probably 90% of the world doesn't have access to the medicine right now. There are billions upon billions to be made!!)
Posted my resume to indeed on Tuesday

I have had 5 interviews already...with another 7 next week. The hardest part is trying to schedule all of them around my current workload and meetings. My boss is out of the country for the next month for equipment inspection...so I'm acting manager. Sooooo much dumb shit going on in this company that I wasn't privy to before...I gotta get the fuck out. So far, the interviews have been going pretty well. Also, I realized that with my wife's new job -- I can take a significant paycut and we will still easily be in the top 3% of income earners....money is weird

San Goku
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 pm

^^^

So wifey is happy with the new job then?

Man I had no idea that Jupiter's Legacy would be so good. I thought The trailer was meh and after watching Invincible I thought it would be like a comedian having to go up after someone like Chapelle or Murphy that made me cry. I was wrong, it filled that void and carved it's own lane in my approval.

Digital Masta
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 am

killacross wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:28 am
Job market is INSANE in pharma right now (it makes sense I guess...global pandemic, government spending and contracts, and probably 90% of the world doesn't have access to the medicine right now. There are billions upon billions to be made!!)
Posted my resume to indeed on Tuesday

I have had 5 interviews already...with another 7 next week. The hardest part is trying to schedule all of them around my current workload and meetings. My boss is out of the country for the next month for equipment inspection...so I'm acting manager. Sooooo much dumb shit going on in this company that I wasn't privy to before...I gotta get the fuck out. So far, the interviews have been going pretty well. Also, I realized that with my wife's new job -- I can take a significant paycut and we will still easily be in the top 3% of income earners....money is weird
Because you're moving due to the wife's new job wouldn't you be getting a new job anyway? Because where you're going is much further away.

Hey guys, it's now okay on social media to talk about the fact that COVID-19 may have been from a lab. Facebook will allow it now, you won't get banned.

Oh, fuck these people.

killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri May 28, 2021 6:45 am

San Goku wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 pm
^^^
So wifey is happy with the new job then?

Man I had no idea that Jupiter's Legacy would be so good. I thought The trailer was meh and after watching Invincible I thought it would be like a comedian having to go up after someone like Chapelle or Murphy that made me cry. I was wrong, it filled that void and carved it's own lane in my approval.
...she starts Tuesday, but she's not excited because she feels like it's a demotion. She was management before (without the pay or authority). Now she is going to be in a dept of 1...and from her understanding of the job description - it is a very simple task she's performing...it's just that it hasn't been implemented in the new site. But I look at it as -- who gives a fuck? Do the job for now, do it well. If you don't like it, quit -- but for now it's an additional 6 figures flowing back into my household. Which gets us closer to our goal of retiring with some rental houses.
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 am
killacross wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:28 am
Job market is INSANE in pharma right now (it makes sense I guess...global pandemic, government spending and contracts, and probably 90% of the world doesn't have access to the medicine right now. There are billions upon billions to be made!!)
Posted my resume to indeed on Tuesday

I have had 5 interviews already...with another 7 next week. The hardest part is trying to schedule all of them around my current workload and meetings. My boss is out of the country for the next month for equipment inspection...so I'm acting manager. Sooooo much dumb shit going on in this company that I wasn't privy to before...I gotta get the fuck out. So far, the interviews have been going pretty well. Also, I realized that with my wife's new job -- I can take a significant paycut and we will still easily be in the top 3% of income earners....money is weird
Because you're moving due to the wife's new job wouldn't you be getting a new job anyway? Because where you're going is much further away.
That's correct, but I don't understand the point you're making. I was just saying that I posted my resume on Tuesday -- and that same day got swamped with people saying "We need to talk!". Also, because the industry is soooooo small -- you can leave halfway through a project....you just can't burn bridges.

The interviews are pretty aggressive about timing. Of the 7 interviews I have had now -- I am only excited/interested in 3. It is essentially the same thing I do right now...but with a 20-30% pay bump. There are a lot of recruiting firms for contractor firms. I am avoiding those altogether for the same reason that I left the last one. I want to watch my daughter grow in person.

Wish me luck in my

Digital Masta
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri May 28, 2021 2:52 pm

killacross wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:45 am
San Goku wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 11:45 pm
^^^
So wifey is happy with the new job then?

Man I had no idea that Jupiter's Legacy would be so good. I thought The trailer was meh and after watching Invincible I thought it would be like a comedian having to go up after someone like Chapelle or Murphy that made me cry. I was wrong, it filled that void and carved it's own lane in my approval.
...she starts Tuesday, but she's not excited because she feels like it's a demotion. She was management before (without the pay or authority). Now she is going to be in a dept of 1...and from her understanding of the job description - it is a very simple task she's performing...it's just that it hasn't been implemented in the new site. But I look at it as -- who gives a fuck? Do the job for now, do it well. If you don't like it, quit -- but for now it's an additional 6 figures flowing back into my household. Which gets us closer to our goal of retiring with some rental houses.
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 12:48 am
killacross wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:28 am
Job market is INSANE in pharma right now (it makes sense I guess...global pandemic, government spending and contracts, and probably 90% of the world doesn't have access to the medicine right now. There are billions upon billions to be made!!)
Posted my resume to indeed on Tuesday

I have had 5 interviews already...with another 7 next week. The hardest part is trying to schedule all of them around my current workload and meetings. My boss is out of the country for the next month for equipment inspection...so I'm acting manager. Sooooo much dumb shit going on in this company that I wasn't privy to before...I gotta get the fuck out. So far, the interviews have been going pretty well. Also, I realized that with my wife's new job -- I can take a significant paycut and we will still easily be in the top 3% of income earners....money is weird
Because you're moving due to the wife's new job wouldn't you be getting a new job anyway? Because where you're going is much further away.
That's correct, but I don't understand the point you're making.
Well, I was just clarifying if it was the move or the fact that you hate your job and are fed up that sparked the job change. Even if you weren't ready to leave you'd still have to because of the move, right?

xandorxerxes
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Fri May 28, 2021 8:09 pm

killacross wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 6:45 am
...she starts Tuesday, but she's not excited because she feels like it's a demotion. She was management before (without the pay or authority). Now she is going to be in a dept of 1...and from her understanding of the job description - it is a very simple task she's performing...it's just that it hasn't been implemented in the new site. But I look at it as -- who gives a fuck? Do the job for now, do it well. If you don't like it, quit -- but for now it's an additional 6 figures flowing back into my household. Which gets us closer to our goal of retiring with some rental houses.
On the other hand, she gets to put that she built whatever division up from nothing. If her division grows later she'll probably be put in charge of it, too. I've found that saying "I built this" looks better on resumes than "I did this."

killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 pm

That's what I told her. Play it right and she becomes the director for that dept...at least Sr Manager when it gets big enough and saves enough money that she says she needs 2 brand new college grads to run it day to day while she looks at big picture stuff

...some people are just built different

Digital Masta
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri May 28, 2021 10:27 pm

killacross wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 9:23 pm
That's what I told her. Play it right and she becomes the director for that dept...at least Sr Manager when it gets big enough and saves enough money that she says she needs 2 brand new college grads to run it day to day while she looks at big picture stuff

...some people are just built different
Doesn't this job also pay more than the other one?

killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri May 28, 2021 11:30 pm

killacross wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 1:48 pm
Also.. How are the US infrastructure and distribution lines so fragile? People can singlehandedly disrupt everything overnight

We need to spend at least 15 Trillion to update it
...I wasn't that far off
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:52 pm
Well, I was just clarifying if it was the move or the fact that you hate your job and are fed up that sparked the job change. Even if you weren't ready to leave you'd still have to because of the move, right?
honestly...if I loved my job or the area we lived or had ties/roots here
...we wouldn't move

this is more of a situation where there is nothing that's holding us here.
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 10:27 pm
Doesn't this job also pay more than the other one?
...not really...her base is slightly lower, her potential bonus is significantly higher. But again, when you don't really need the money, it's just 0's in the account. From the handful of interviews I've had where we have talked salary expectations...I'm anticipated a significant pay bump.

Who knows, a change of scenery could be what we need to push through these last few years
Last edited by killacross on Sat May 29, 2021 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Mon May 31, 2021 9:23 am


killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 pm

Interview #2 of 3...and I knocked that shit outta the fucking park!!

The way the guy described the position... I'm excited!! He said last step is scheduling a webex meeting to meet the entire team. He asked if I'm interviewing elsewhere. I said yes, but not aggressively yet because I thought the process would take longer.

He said he's going to schedule the meeting quickly then because he doesn't want me to accept another offer in the meantime.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:44 pm

For those of you who watch more recent anime... any recommendations? I haven't watched anything in ages. I tend to prefer movies/shorter series, but if there's a really good longer series I'll check that out too.



<rant>Rand Paul is either one of the dumbest people I've seen in a long time or he's a complete sociopath. Maybe both.</rant>
killacross wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 pm
Interview #2 of 3...and I knocked that shit outta the fucking park!!

The way the guy described the position... I'm excited!! He said last step is scheduling a webex meeting to meet the entire team. He asked if I'm interviewing elsewhere. I said yes, but not aggressively yet because I thought the process would take longer.

He said he's going to schedule the meeting quickly then because he doesn't want me to accept another offer in the meantime.
Congrats, and good luck!

San Goku
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:37 pm

Might have to hand killa my resume once he climbs up the food chain.

Digital Masta
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:57 am

killacross wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 pm
Interview #2 of 3...and I knocked that shit outta the fucking park!!

The way the guy described the position... I'm excited!! He said last step is scheduling a webex meeting to meet the entire team. He asked if I'm interviewing elsewhere. I said yes, but not aggressively yet because I thought the process would take longer.

He said he's going to schedule the meeting quickly then because he doesn't want me to accept another offer in the meantime.
Image

Digital Masta
Posts: 551
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:03 am

"Black entrepreneurs can't get lawyers or accountants." - Joe Biden 2021 (paraphrasing)

This fool.

You know that his entire staff, especially Jen Psaki was like "Fuck my life!" as he was saying all this shit.


Maybe not, considering the media just slops up anything Biden says.

So let's see Joe, as a black person things I'm not capable of doing:

-Get an ID
-Hire a lawyer
-Find an accountant

And if I don't vote for you I'm not black. So when do these stop being gaffs of a man in clear cognitive decline and start being the words of a man that actually believes that black people are this helpless?

killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:10 am

San Goku wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:37 pm
Might have to hand killa my resume once he climbs up the food chain.
...honestly, the secret is to lie. But you lie in such a way that you can easily keep it going. You have 4 people that report to you? Say it was 4 + 2 contractors. Your project budget was $40k? Say it was originally $50k and you found $10k worth of savings because you were tasked to review the proposal and you spotted the typo in the contract when the numbers didn't add up.

Lies on my resume include -- I was interim manager (I am acting manager...there's a difference). When they ask about it...you say it wasn't an official title -- but the work had to be done and it was dumped on me (which is true). Oh, and always be positive about it. "You know?, I was upset that it was given to me without any guidance....buuuuuut it really helped me understand and appreciate the stresses that upper management goes through to shield those below, and it really taught me the value of having a strong team above and below you to support the company's vision when implementing any plan. Also, it let me put some minor processes in place that really helped onboard the new manager when she was hired." When they ask what system? Say, "the improvement I am most proud of was I made a checklist of all the various computer systems that a manger would need access to...and made a curriculum so that all the information would be in 1 place...instead of having to hunt-and-peck -- which is what happened to me. It wasted so much time PLUS we didn't know what access we would need until the last second when something was due." -- you see? how can they DISprove any of that? And because you aren't there anymore if they bring it up again...you say -- "they got access to #1 #2 #3....you know, since it was written down...I don't really remember anymore, which was kinda the point - I'd have to sit down and think about it" They'll never ask again...and your previous company will never say "Yes, killa designed that training program...or [more importantly] NO!, what are you talking about? - he didn't do that!"

More lies, I said there are 8 FTE and 22 contractors who reported to me...it is actually 4 currently, but 8 people on a rolling total when you look at who quit and were replaced over the past year. The contractors don't report to me...they send me their weekly activity reports to review (I don't know most of their names).

...And then various lies sprinkled in about experience with certain types of machinery. Pharma has a handful of staples that EVERY site will have (tanks/fillers/CIP&SIP skids)...and then custom stuff. So you hammer that you know the staples...and say you have experience with the weird, novel technology (which means you saw it in action several times and could explain the process). Most people don't have enough experience with those pieces of equipment...and definitely not enough to challenge you...so as long as you can give a convincing explanation of what it did...and your involvement - they accept it at face value.

The best part of the interview...he asked me what I was looking for. I described what I wanted. When he described the position back to me...it was 95% what I wanted (he was unclear about the hours worked). He also said my salary expectations are within the range. And he said that he wants me to start ASAP. I explained that my manager is out of the country until the middle of June...then I'd need to work a notice to do the handoff. He said that it perfectly acceptable...because the industry is so small...he runs across people from the island (Puerto Rico) from 15 years ago so often. And he said my experience and my resume, I'm gonna be a perfect match. Then of course...the whole thing about gotta get an offer to me quickly.

so...I better get a fucking offer...and a serious one at that! Because I seriously will take Q3 off!! And then take the free time to visit him in the parking lot with a crowbar or tire iron

unrelated - why do kids hurt us so perfectly? My daughter ran and hugged my leg and hit my knee in a funny way (felt like it bent backwards). I wake up this morning (almost 12 hrs later)...and my knee if FUCKED!! hurts to bend it..hurts to keep it straight. Getting old sucks!

I think about caveman times...but then realized, by 36, I would have already been eaten by a tiger-- especially with this limp, so nvm...

San Goku
Posts: 798
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:22 pm

^^ it's funny you say that, I literally typed about getting old in my cousins group chat

"Did all the right things this morning with doing a 1hr yoga stretch, come to work and pulled a muscle in my foot (top part where the foot and end of leg meet) smh. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️"

Was doing this around 3:50am in the morning.

Colep924
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:41 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Colep924 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:24 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 6:54 pm
Colep924 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 pm
Who here invests in stocks?
Are you looking at a particular vehicle, or individual ones?
You see, I know so little about stocks/investing that I have no idea what that sentence means. Lol

I actually recently hopped on the Dogecoin wave, nothing crazy $500, but that seems like it won’t end up being anything.

killacross
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:24 pm

Colep924 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:24 pm
You see, I know so little about stocks/investing that I have no idea what that sentence means. Lol

I actually recently hopped on the Dogecoin wave, nothing crazy $500, but that seems like it won’t end up being anything.
well...if you know nothing about stocks/investing...it perfectly explains why you would buy Dogecoin (or any cryptocurrency really) in the first place

...he's asking if you want to know about the different types of investing...different methodologies of investing...or if you are interested in a particular company's stock

**EDIT**

So now Sophie Turner is bi? The girl who just got married like a year ago...and just had a child?
...Hollywood and all it's virtue signaling

Haohmaru
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:25 pm

Who gives a fuck who or what they like to fuck. People are so obsessed with owning a title. Like who gives a fuck.
People are really going nuts over this.
As if they've been living under communist law their whole life with no identity.
No I want to be addressed as her/that/him/slut. Come the fuck on. You're either a male or female. I can somewhat understand transsexuals wanting to be called the gender they changed into, but the rest is just so unnecessarily confusing.

Post Reply