There we go

killacross
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:05 am

Haohmaru wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:28 am
Yeah Killa but imagine a fucked up dude not being able to buy a gun because it's not as easily accessible as your favorite bubble gum. That would take care of a lot of your problems.
Nobody said people aren't the problem. Them guns aren't shooting by themselves..

Also lol @ you comparing yourself with the crazy people going around shooting kids and everything else he sees in site.

One minute you're here boosting about how accomplished you are and the next you want us to believe that you're comparable to a sick fuck who kills people at random.
Imagine arguing with me...BY AGREEING WITH ME FIRST SENTENCE

You have obviously never bought a gun. It isn't cheap...it isn't easy. I can't speak in all situations because it is different state to state. In the state that I live in. In NC...you do NOT need a permit to purchase a gun. In NC...you do NOT need to register your gun (except 1 county that had most of the gang crime like 10-15 years ago -- shout out oto you Durham!!) In NC...you DO need a permit to RECEIVE a gun (private or commercial sale...and even applies to gun transfers like grandpa wants to give you his rifle). You have to apply for a permit. Your local sheriff does a background check on you and approves it. You take it to a licensed dealer...and they work as the broker for you to get it. Or if you go to a gun show...they won't sell it to you without the permit (the infamous "gunshow loop hole" nonsense). A permit costs $25 to apply. Then another $25 to receive it. You can only get 5 every 2 years. However, if you take the CCP training and get licensed...you can buy as many as you want. Do people follow the LAW every time? No...Probably not even the majority of the time...

San Goku wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:51 am
Something needs to be done, I want results too. Not just lower gun murders but murders in general. People have used cars to deliberately kill people on many occasions.
You are on to something. I think it should be illegal for white people to own guns. That would cut down on 70-80% of all the mass murder shootings overnight.

What I would be willing to do is have it work like a driver's license. You take a class, take some practical training, show a minimum skillset, wait a few days and get approved.

The reason you don't want there to be some type of registry is because as political leaning shift over the years...you don't want some unknown government bureaucrat managing some type of "No Fly" list. Because you end up on that list for some, dumb, unknown reason...and all you have is never ending red tape to be taken off. THAT's why people fight so hard against "common sense gun control"...because the government ALWAYS abuses power


Also...even though we see "mass shootings" in the news every day...it's propoganda. You all know it is. Mass shootings are incredibly rare. Shootings and homicides in general are incredibly rare. I bet if we changed your google search algorithm so that it only showed death by drownings or deaths by cow stampedes...you'd think we have an epidemic after enough time. It is the same here. It is sad that things like this happen...but there is no law that can stop it or punish criminals -- without hurting the OVERWHELMING majority...who are innocent. And even then...I'm 37 years old - middle aged. I have guns placed throughout my house. If I hear someone break a window...or kick in a door. I'm not fist fighting anyone. I will put a bullet in you and go back to sleep. THAT is why I have my guns. I don't hunt (anymore)..and I occasionally go to the range. But I have a wife, a daughter, and another on the way that I am responsible for. I am not about that "in case we need to overthrow the government" life...though I know quite a few who are.

San Goku
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 am

killacross wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:05 am
Haohmaru wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:28 am
Yeah Killa but imagine a fucked up dude not being able to buy a gun because it's not as easily accessible as your favorite bubble gum. That would take care of a lot of your problems.
Nobody said people aren't the problem. Them guns aren't shooting by themselves..

Also lol @ you comparing yourself with the crazy people going around shooting kids and everything else he sees in site.

One minute you're here boosting about how accomplished you are and the next you want us to believe that you're comparable to a sick fuck who kills people at random.
Imagine arguing with me...BY AGREEING WITH ME FIRST SENTENCE

You have obviously never bought a gun. It isn't cheap...it isn't easy. I can't speak in all situations because it is different state to state. In the state that I live in. In NC...you do NOT need a permit to purchase a gun. In NC...you do NOT need to register your gun (except 1 county that had most of the gang crime like 10-15 years ago -- shout out oto you Durham!!) In NC...you DO need a permit to RECEIVE a gun (private or commercial sale...and even applies to gun transfers like grandpa wants to give you his rifle). You have to apply for a permit. Your local sheriff does a background check on you and approves it. You take it to a licensed dealer...and they work as the broker for you to get it. Or if you go to a gun show...they won't sell it to you without the permit (the infamous "gunshow loop hole" nonsense). A permit costs $25 to apply. Then another $25 to receive it. You can only get 5 every 2 years. However, if you take the CCP training and get licensed...you can buy as many as you want. Do people follow the LAW every time? No...Probably not even the majority of the time...

San Goku wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:51 am
Something needs to be done, I want results too. Not just lower gun murders but murders in general. People have used cars to deliberately kill people on many occasions.


The reason you don't want there to be some type of registry is because as political leaning shift over the years...you don't want some unknown government bureaucrat managing some type of "No Fly" list. Because you end up on that list for some, dumb, unknown reason...and all you have is never ending red tape to be taken off. THAT's why people fight so hard against "common sense gun control"...because the government ALWAYS abuses power


The Government will ALWAYS abuse power. That can't be said enough.

Just look at this COVID19 pandemic and attempt by WHO take take away countries sovereignty to make rules for the next pandemic. Thanks African nations for nipping that in the butt. First time in my life I've seen a group of African nations leading humanity in the right direction.

San Goku
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:44 pm

Am I glad season 3 of The Boys is back, a couple minutes into the episode and it's already outrageous lol. I'm curious to see where they take it. Homelander still cracks me up. You gotta luv their sense of humor and subtle, not so subtle jokes. I'm 3 episodes in.

Haohmaru
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm

@Killa, "No...Probably not even the majority of the time..."
That pretty much confirms what I thought haha

I'm from Turkey so I know how it is owning a gun. There are a lot of gun owners there too.
In Turkey in the other it's actually difficult to get a hold of a gun and especially if you want to do it in a legal way.

San Goku
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:19 pm

One Piece on set sneak peak: https://youtu.be/Y_zpkX3Z3hk

I obviously don't have faith this will do well but I will check it out. They look like they have some real fans that are taking it seriously. I think you need an Avatar movie budget to give Oda's One Piece justice but this is an early arc so it can be done.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 pm

I saw that video. The ship sets look cool but I have no faith in this. There's a reason that meme about Netflix adaptions exists.

After work tomorrow me and the gf are gonna go see the new Dragonball Super film. I'm actually super excited to see it as it looks MY BOY is finally getting his due. Granted they did start to fix him when the Tournament of Power started in Super so we'll see.

They've got big shoes to fill as the Broly film is easily the best Dragonball film ever made but I also understand that Broly was a big movie with a huge budget.

killacross
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:34 pm

Haohmaru wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:55 pm
@Killa, "No...Probably not even the majority of the time..."
That pretty much confirms what I thought haha

I'm from Turkey so I know how it is owning a gun. There are a lot of gun owners there too.
In Turkey in the other it's actually difficult to get a hold of a gun and especially if you want to do it in a legal way.
I meant only when you gift a gun...most people probably don't get permits for that just because there is no real way to get caught...except being stupid and getting caught. If the police catch you with one...I think it's an automatic felony charge.

A dealer or individual selling a gun would never do it because they would lose their license. But grandpa giving a gun to his grandson probably doesnt give a shit

San Goku
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 pm
I saw that video. The ship sets look cool but I have no faith in this. There's a reason that meme about Netflix adaptions exists.

After work tomorrow me and the gf are gonna go see the new Dragonball Super film. I'm actually super excited to see it as it looks MY BOY is finally getting his due. Granted they did start to fix him when the Tournament of Power started in Super so we'll see.

They've got big shoes to fill as the Broly film is easily the best Dragonball film ever made but I also understand that Broly was a big movie with a huge budget.
That's really my biggest beef with new DB movie its following the success of Broly but who knows, I've historically loved all DragonBall movies so I'm not worried as much.

I'm not aware of the Netflix meme for movie adoptions.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:59 pm

San Goku wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:46 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:31 pm
I saw that video. The ship sets look cool but I have no faith in this. There's a reason that meme about Netflix adaptions exists.

After work tomorrow me and the gf are gonna go see the new Dragonball Super film. I'm actually super excited to see it as it looks MY BOY is finally getting his due. Granted they did start to fix him when the Tournament of Power started in Super so we'll see.

They've got big shoes to fill as the Broly film is easily the best Dragonball film ever made but I also understand that Broly was a big movie with a huge budget.
That's really my biggest beef with new DB movie its following the success of Broly but who knows, I've historically loved all DragonBall movies so I'm not worried as much.

I'm not aware of the Netflix meme for movie adoptions.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:14 pm

I honestly don't know why I bother, this will just be ignored...but..
Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:41 pm
Look, I didn't say anything negative about the man himself. At the end of the day he isn't saying anything we haven't heard already. Plus the white house having him be on the podium makes it something they (the WH not necessarily him) wish to use politically, if he were just doing it from his own social media or whatever that's a bit different. Then there is what he said:
It was a stunt for sure, but it wasn't like he was some random Celebrity virtue signaling to the masses in a mawkish display of righteous superiority; this was his home town.
Digital Masta wrote: -I'm not necessarily against red flag laws but they are difficult to put together because they have to be done in a way so the government or other people who try to use them can't abuse them just because they don't like someone AND to coincide with his background check comment...WE HAVE BACKGROUND CHECKS BUT if there are no records because people don't report it or the police choose not to really look into it NOTHING WILL POP UP! This kid was cutting himself with a knife, shooting people with BB guns (illegal), and fucking with dead cats, nobody said a god damn thing. People actually have to act for these things to work. Just like the police chose not to act while this dude was in there shooting kids.
There is is undoubtedly serious civil liberty concerns with the administration of Red flag laws, and when you factor in each state that has enacted them, passed the legislation with differing enforcement mechanisms and legal reach, it gets murky. But on the subject of reporting, one thing the laws do accomplish is provide a clearer pathway or pipeline for notifying authorities when someone suspects their friend of family member might be a danger to themselves or others outside of posing an immediate threat to public safety I.e, dude waving a gun around at his local Speedway.

It also doesn't leave it up entirely to the police, who as you mentioned can often act imprudently or in this case, not at all.

Digital Masta wrote: -Raise it to 21. What the fuck is that supposed to do? Alright, I'm okay with raising it to 21 so long as we raise EVERYTHING to 21, that includes voting. If you can vote on it then you should be able to do it yourself or be affected by it yourself. You get can married at 18 but can't own this particular weapon until 21? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Either 18 is an adult or it isn't. You don't get pick and choose, the same people that say raise it to 21 are the same people that say a ten-year old boy can choose to cut off their dick and become a girl. You can't have this gun but you can do irreversible damage to your body.
While I would argue (in jest) that marriage is far deadlier than an AR-15, In all practical reality, I don't see the equivalence. Marriage is a union between two people, a Glock 17 is a deadly weapon that could make a beehive out of a hobo's head if one felt so inclined. One kills your soul, the other kills you.......literally. Both require responsible minds, but the former is far more benign. I'm not opposed to raising the voting age to 21 (even though I'm fairly confident we have different reasons for desiring that threshold age) considering both the legal age to purchase Alcohol and tobacco is 21.

Your last example is completely irrelevant.

San Goku
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:12 am

@DM thank you for those meme examples :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Digital Masta
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:13 am

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:14 pm
I honestly don't know why I bother, this will just be ignored...but..

While I would argue (in jest) that marriage is far deadlier than an AR-15, In all practical reality, I don't see the equivalence. Marriage is a union between two people, a Glock 17 is a deadly weapon that could make a beehive out of a hobo's head if one felt so inclined. One kills your soul, the other kills you.......literally. Both require responsible minds, but the former is far more benign. I'm not opposed to raising the voting age to 21 (even though I'm fairly confident we have different reasons for desiring that threshold age) considering both the legal age to purchase Alcohol and tobacco is 21.

Your last example is completely irrelevant.

Marriage is just one of the examples, the drinking age was 18 until MADD went on their crusade to raise the federal drinking age. Either you are an adult or you're not an adult. This is an age old idea, the government can put a gun in your hand to go kill at 18 but you can't own a gun to protect your own family until 21?

And no my last example isn't irrelevant. If you are too young to own a gun at 18 then you are too young to make life altering decisions period. Both are life altering decisions. Technically owning a gun is potentially life altering because you may go your entire life never having to fire it at someone or never having any accident whereas the other is without question life altering.

Not here to convince you just letting you know you weren't ignored. And nothing you say will convince we otherwise, I am not budging on this. There are certain things I will comprise on, this isn't one of them.

Haohmaru
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:30 pm

I agree with DM. That's why I think every gun owners should be evaluated/screened or whatever you may call it.
In America you can drive a car when you're 16. Do you know how many people get injured or die by car accidents and here you are giving 16 year old kids a driver's license.

I think gun ownership should be looked at individually.
But then again you guys live in the wild wild west. I get that you guys want to protect yourselves.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Sun Jun 12, 2022 2:30 am

New Dragonball film was fun, it is actually mostly comedic in tone which was nice with some really cool, emotional moments. The only time the animation looked REALLY BUSTED was on Beerus' planet. So basically all the stuff with Goku, Vegeta and Broly.

Pan is so damn cute AND Piccolo really is just like the greatest uncle in the world. I really like how he has developed as a character, he seems quite happy with his life.

Haohmaru
Posts: 250
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:08 pm

They really pulled the power ups our of their asses or was there some logic in it.
Cause from the spoilers I saw it's basically Gohan gets angry and power ups.

Digital Masta
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:46 am

There is a story reason for Piccolo's transformation and with Gohan, at this point, he starts off being able to access his "unlocked" form if he is in an "I'm done playing around" mindset and then after that, well Gohan's whole thing is powering up due to being angry so that's still well within his character.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:50 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:13 am

Marriage is just one of the examples, the drinking age was 18 until MADD went on their crusade to raise the federal drinking age. Either you are an adult or you're not an adult. This is an age old idea, the government can put a gun in your hand to go kill at 18 but you can't own a gun to protect your own family until 21?
The Government can put a gun in your hand and train you how to use it with a level of discipline that contains actual oversight. Whatever you may think about the Government as an institution - Lord knows I have my reservations and strongly felt opinions - the one thing the US Gov is exceptionally good at is churning out war fighters. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them when it comes to the predicates for waging war, let alone their willingness to flout the sovereignty of other nations in the name of "Preventative intervention", but the military structure as a whole is built upon principles I would trust far more than absentee family members standing idly by watching their Psycho civilian relative buying up every semi-automatic weapon he can get his hands on.

It's the only "Collectivist" exception to my otherwise staunchly individualist life perspective. I would feel more comfortable with a kid below the 21 year threshold buying an AR-15, if he had Military training and has been inculcated into some system or honor code. The combined United States Armed forces has systems in place to root out bad applicants (The SSS and the like) and while it's true plenty over the years have fallen through the cracks, the system functions in many respects in the same manner as red flag laws, just on a federal level.

I would be all for exceptions to applicants below the age of 21 if they had some military service, because at least then that would put the liability squarely on the US Government, and they wouldn't have a single pot to piss in as far as excuses go : "We had no clue he had homicidal ideations when we put a gun into his hand and trained him to be a proficient killer, honest.....its totally the parents fault!!!"

And on the subject of marriage, to reiterate, not all life altering choices are made equal. Getting your first job and paying your first income tax, filing your first tax return, voting, getting married, becoming a homeowner, having children, contributing to the perpetuation of civilized society; these are not acts that if accomplished in isolation automatically qualifies you as responsible for owning a weapon of death. In a perfect world they would be, but unfortunately some of the most infamous psychopaths in all of human history managed to do all of that yet still turn out to be plagues on the human condition. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it takes an exceptionally moral human being to own a gun responsibly, the majority do it quite easily ; but just because I can talk, doesn't mean i can speak intelligently, and just because I can seemingly live responsibly doesn't mean I've been initiated in some natural "Life training" that prepares for me everything, let alone siphons away destructive inclinations.
Digital Masta wrote: And no my last example isn't irrelevant. If you are too young to own a gun at 18 then you are too young to make life altering decisions period. Both are life altering decisions. Technically owning a gun is potentially life altering because you may go your entire life never having to fire it at someone or never having any accident whereas the other is without question life altering.
I'm not sure where this digression came from, but again it's not germane to the subject we are currently discussing which is why I didn't address it past acknowledging its lack of relevance. If you want to have a conversation about gender reassignment surgery we can, but I'll go ahead and pre-empt that entire debate by stating unequivocally I think it should be banned before the age of maturity, and I do not approve of it at all. Become an adult, do what you want, but children are too emotionally malleable to be allowed make an oftentimes irreparable change to their bodies like that, and I firmly believe parents should be prosecuted for permitting it.

San Goku
Posts: 1347
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:38 pm

Some countries are looking to ban Lightyear and I was excited to watch with my boy too. Why you gotta fuck shit up Disney? smfh 😤

killacross
Posts: 1155
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:07 pm

doesnt it have like a same sex kiss or something?

I hope they lose a ton of money. Why does everything have to have THE MESSAGE?

Digital Masta
Posts: 1037
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:40 pm

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:50 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:13 am

Marriage is just one of the examples, the drinking age was 18 until MADD went on their crusade to raise the federal drinking age. Either you are an adult or you're not an adult. This is an age old idea, the government can put a gun in your hand to go kill at 18 but you can't own a gun to protect your own family until 21?
The Government can put a gun in your hand and train you how to use it with a level of discipline that contains actual oversight. Whatever you may think about the Government as an institution - Lord knows I have my reservations and strongly felt opinions - the one thing the US Gov is exceptionally good at is churning out war fighters. I don't trust them as far as I can throw them when it comes to the predicates for waging war, let alone their willingness to flout the sovereignty of other nations in the name of "Preventative intervention", but the military structure as a whole is built upon principles I would trust far more than absentee family members standing idly by watching their Psycho civilian relative buying up every semi-automatic weapon he can get his hands on.

It's the only "Collectivist" exception to my otherwise staunchly individualist life perspective. I would feel more comfortable with a kid below the 21 year threshold buying an AR-15, if he had Military training and has been inculcated into some system or honor code. The combined United States Armed forces has systems in place to root out bad applicants (The SSS and the like) and while it's true plenty over the years have fallen through the cracks, the system functions in many respects in the same manner as red flag laws, just on a federal level.

I would be all for exceptions to applicants below the age of 21 if they had some military service, because at least then that would put the liability squarely on the US Government, and they wouldn't have a single pot to piss in as far as excuses go : "We had no clue he had homicidal ideations when we put a gun into his hand and trained him to be a proficient killer, honest.....its totally the parents fault!!!"

And on the subject of marriage, to reiterate, not all life altering choices are made equal. Getting your first job and paying your first income tax, filing your first tax return, voting, getting married, becoming a homeowner, having children, contributing to the perpetuation of civilized society; these are not acts that if accomplished in isolation automatically qualifies you as responsible for owning a weapon of death. In a perfect world they would be, but unfortunately some of the most infamous psychopaths in all of human history managed to do all of that yet still turn out to be plagues on the human condition. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it takes an exceptionally moral human being to own a gun responsibly, the majority do it quite easily ; but just because I can talk, doesn't mean i can speak intelligently, and just because I can seemingly live responsibly doesn't mean I've been initiated in some natural "Life training" that prepares for me everything, let alone siphons away destructive inclinations.
Digital Masta wrote: And no my last example isn't irrelevant. If you are too young to own a gun at 18 then you are too young to make life altering decisions period. Both are life altering decisions. Technically owning a gun is potentially life altering because you may go your entire life never having to fire it at someone or never having any accident whereas the other is without question life altering.
I'm not sure where this digression came from, but again it's not germane to the subject we are currently discussing which is why I didn't address it past acknowledging its lack of relevance. If you want to have a conversation about gender reassignment surgery we can, but I'll go ahead and pre-empt that entire debate by stating unequivocally I think it should be banned before the age of maturity, and I do not approve of it at all. Become an adult, do what you want, but children are too emotionally malleable to be allowed make an oftentimes irreparable change to their bodies like that, and I firmly believe parents should be prosecuted for permitting it.

Well okay then.
killacross wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:07 pm
doesnt it have like a same sex kiss or something?

I hope they lose a ton of money. Why does everything have to have THE MESSAGE?
Has someone been watching Critical Drinker videos? Maybe not, but he's the one that popularized "the message" comment.

One of the main characters is a lesbian and Buzz meets her granddaughter.
Disney is all about "THE MESSAGE" which we know thanks to that leaked meeting. Ever notice they love making black women gay? This is especially true in comics.

Post Reply