There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:33 pm I would assume this activist stunt would have negative effects, push the SCOTUS to rule against what they want.

Is there jail time for doing something like this or is it just a slap on the wrist fine?
it's about galvanizing the party's base. Most people don't vote..so if they can get simple majorities -- they can claim a moral high ground/victory
...then you protest and campaign to your elected officials until you get what you want

but then you look at someone like Feinstein...and wonder wth?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

You guys are wild. The leak doesn't help Dems, it helps R's. We're still 6 months from elections, if this came out months later it'd be worse for R's. Now it has time to simmer and let "THEY OVERTURNED ROE" oversaturate. It splits protests up, when the actual decision comes down many of the people that originally protested aren't going to show back up again.

That said, I have no doubt a liberal leaked it thinking they were doing a good thing.

Are we really celebrating the would-be overturning of several decisions that took power away from governments and gave it to people? Alito specifically called out three cases - Roe, Casey, and Griswold. He's not just after abortion, he's after privacy. No abortions, no gay marriage, no oral sex, and the government can know what a doctor is prescribing you (and prohibit it). Good times.

He also wrote about how those aren't ingrained in society and they're not mentioned in the Constitution. He mentioned it wasn't an issue until the mid 20th century. Those are some EXTREMELY dangerous statements for obvious reasons.

Of course, now we can just flip-flop whenever power changes, so look forward to that. Lulz on the justices testifying before the Senate that it was precedent and they wouldn't vote to overturn it before... overturning it.

Waiting and seeing on the final decision.
Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:36 pm I actually believe him when he says he wants Twitter to be Neutral, and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
All the right-wing ball spiking notwithstanding(apparently anything that is Anti-woke is a victory lap for conservatives these days, he is by no means a conservative) i have hope that Twitter can return to the Halcyon days of its roots; Funny cat videos and Dave Matthews "I just Sharted" comments.
He may think he's neutral, but historically he's done the exact opposite - he silenced any critics he had the power to.

Just to show how big of idiots we've become in the US - people came out in droves celebrating that they weren't censored anymore after the news that his bid was accepted broke. Ivermectin started trending immediately. Shawn Hannity said that Elon proved Twitter was shadowbanning people, despite literally all evidence he cited pointing otherwise. "No more silencing conservatives!"

Except nothing's changed. He hadn't taken over and made any sweeping changes, because he hadn't taken over yet. The people who thought they were censored were just as censored as they were the week before, in that they weren't censored at all. Hannity's still a giant dumbass. I still hate people. News at 11.

My in-laws were in town. They watch MSNBC on television. It's amazingly bad.
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:01 am You guys are wild. The leak doesn't help Dems, it helps R's. We're still 6 months from elections, if this came out months later it'd be worse for R's. Now it has time to simmer and let "THEY OVERTURNED ROE" oversaturate. It splits protests up, when the actual decision comes down many of the people that originally protested aren't going to show back up again.

That said, I have no doubt a liberal leaked it thinking they were doing a good thing.

Are we really celebrating the would-be overturning of several decisions that took power away from governments and gave it to people? Alito specifically called out three cases - Roe, Casey, and Griswold. He's not just after abortion, he's after privacy. No abortions, no gay marriage, no oral sex, and the government can know what a doctor is prescribing you (and prohibit it). Good times.

He also wrote about how those aren't ingrained in society and they're not mentioned in the Constitution. He mentioned it wasn't an issue until the mid 20th century. Those are some EXTREMELY dangerous statements for obvious reasons.

Of course, now we can just flip-flop whenever power changes, so look forward to that. Lulz on the justices testifying before the Senate that it was precedent and they wouldn't vote to overturn it before... overturning it.

Waiting and seeing on the final decision.
This gives them time to make campaign ads and start social media campaigns. It also energizes the base and united them on an issue -- while the other side will relax and think "They are doing God's work". It also allows news networks time to run this story on repeat -- while ignoring things like inflation, student loan forgiveness, Russia/Ukraine and sending billions and billions that way...Funny. I think it helps D's A LOT more than R's.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

These people are actual demons. Tyra Banks included.

https://youtu.be/ztqyr2rZElE
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:46 pm

It is incredible isn't it? They are showing their hand all too often now. Get a decision they like and they are cool with the court. Get one they don't like and it is pack the court time. They don't even hide it anymore, they don't care about the rule of law it is just about power.
Welcome to the Partisan Trench, you must be new here.

It wasn't that long ago i was hearing calls for abolishing the Supreme court after they refused to even hear a case about the 2020 election results.
The Dems are far more brazen about it, but make no mistake this is a symptom of a much broader problem.

And it's why I'm Libertarian.

The widespread implications of this breach of decorum(there's an ongoing debate on the subject of whether this this leak is even technically illegal; I say it is but nevertheless...) will reverberate throughout the body politic for years. This was a betrayal no question, but it doesn't do much to worsen the already palpable perception that the Supreme Court is simply a hub of split partisan power, in which both parties jockey for position after a retirement/death to install their preferred candidate to enact their legal preferences. To assume neither party wants this just because one (The republicans) are far more cunning in disguising their intentions, is folly.

Anyone who thinks this is the final death nail of trust for SCOTUS hasn't been paying attention, its simply one of the most egregious final straws in modern American History.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Had no idea Charles Xavier would be in the Dr. Strange movie. Super hyped to watch this movie.
Digital Masta wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:13 pm These people are actual demons. Tyra Banks included.

https://youtu.be/ztqyr2rZElE
SMFH 🤦🏾 WTF! Demons for real! Of course they would turn the comments off. Tyra needs to get shot.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So Sonic 2 was cute.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I don't care what yall lying ass niggas say... I'd still smash Tyra

so wow

Kevin Samuels dies today...at 56
...funny -- TODAY was the day that I thought...you know...he's kinda going in circles...time for a break
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:25 pm I don't care what yall lying ass niggas say... I'd still smash Tyra

so wow

Kevin Samuels dies today...at 56
...funny -- TODAY was the day that I thought...you know...he's kinda going in circles...time for a break
All nostalgia hard-ons that I reminisced having for Tyra are out the window now.

I JUST heard about Kevin Samuels, crazy! I wonder what he died of.

That fool that attacked Dave Chapelle got his arm broken and twisted backwards lol 😆 😂 🤣
killacross

Post by killacross »

The internet has said cardiac arrest several times now, but you'd have to wait 2 weeks for a coroner's report
... We black men have it rough!!

it was all that stress from dealing with those delusional women...and all those cans of redbull
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

DAMN that's crazy. Damn we black men got terrible health.

Unrelated but do you guys know who Brett Cooper is? She's a 20-year old woman that is the host of the Daily Wire show "The Comments Section" and it's a show that is designed for Zoomers. The things about this girl that stick out is that she:

1) Has a boy's name

2) Looks like a cute girl version of Ben Shapiro...like seriously she could easily be Ben's little sister, it's crazy.
killacross

Post by killacross »

So last update on Kevin and then moving on with life

He apparently had a lady friend with him. He started complaining that his chest hurt and he needed to go to the hospital. He collapses -- she calls 911. Eventually he dies. So yea...likely had a heart attack. His lady friend is quite attractive as well....met her the day before...and she spent the night.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm DAMN that's crazy. Damn we black men got terrible health.

Unrelated but do you guys know who Brett Cooper is? She's a 20-year old woman that is the host of the Daily Wire show "The Comments Section" and it's a show that is designed for Zoomers. The things about this girl that stick out is that she:

1) Has a boy's name

2) Looks like a cute girl version of Ben Shapiro...like seriously she could easily be Ben's little sister, it's crazy.
Have you seen his Sister Abby? Holy Raptor Jesus was she "Blessed".
Her Chiropractor bills must be stratospheric.

Also, unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg86eQkdudI

New House of The Dragon official Teaser.
I'm guardedly optimistic for this, just because I feel like the creators really want to make up for the disastrous last season.
This looks good, I'm excited.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:16 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 1:28 pm DAMN that's crazy. Damn we black men got terrible health.

1) Has a boy's name

Have you seen his Sister Abby? Holy Raptor Jesus was she "Blessed".
Her Chiropractor bills must be stratospheric.

Also, unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg86eQkdudI

New House of The Dragon official Teaser.
I'm guardedly optimistic for this, just because I feel like the creators really want to make up for the disastrous last season.
This looks good, I'm excited.
Abby ain't bad looking at all and yeah...blessed.

And regarding House of The Dragon. Despite my objections to race swapping IF they reign it in and don't extend it beyond what is needed then it could be solid. I read the short story that came out about this part of Westeros history before the Fire and Blood book about the Targaryan history had come out and expanded on it. This show should be maybe 3 seasons max. If they start pushing it beyond that then I suspect it will fall off the rails.

A lot of people are gonna die in this show...as this was the point in history that began the end of the dragons in Westeros.

My guess is season one will cover Viserys' reign and all the machinations behind whether others want his daughter to be his heir and then end with him dying and the Dance of Dragons war beginning.

Meanwhile us book fans are just upset with THE FAT MAN that he keeps getting distracted by all the shiny (dolla dolla bills ya'll) objects and NOT FINISHING HIS DAMN SERIES!
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:06 am This gives them time to make campaign ads and start social media campaigns. It also energizes the base and united them on an issue -- while the other side will relax and think "They are doing God's work". It also allows news networks time to run this story on repeat -- while ignoring things like inflation, student loan forgiveness, Russia/Ukraine and sending billions and billions that way...Funny. I think it helps D's A LOT more than R's.
This only shaved a couple of months off. Data has repeatedly shown that "anger bumps" don't last very long at all. If this waited until it originally came out, a few months from now, I'd still argue that it would likely wear off by the election. Either way it's unfortunate timing for R's, because they may not completely slaughter D's now (just mostly slaughter them). Given how many people still think the election was stolen they could probably convince those people that D's will just reverse it if they won the election, in which case they'll just energize that base anyways.

It doesn't even take a day to get the campaigns and ads ready. I'm sure D's have been preparing them since the start of this case anyways. Running it on repeat is exactly what the problem will be. It's just like people's response to Trump - he was on the news so much for doing so much stupid shit that it eventually became "the news is biased against him" and "it's just another thing." All this does it give it a few extra months to get old, so when election time comes around it'll already be stale and "whatever."

Inflation is a global thing. Thanks COVID. We also have a private entity that is supposed to be dedicated to countering inflation that's held rates at 0% for WAY too long and is only now doing something. I don't buy into the student loan forgiveness for the sake of loan forgiveness, but we've let student loans become such a bubble that we'd have to do SOMETHING about it before it burst. Forgiveness isn't the way I'd do it, but it's the only thing anyone's done so far (and they're not even doing it for that reason). This also puts more money into the economy which would help against any recession fears the Fed might cause, but it won't help with inflation (I don't think it would have any real impact whatsoever actually, but I don't know anywhere close to enough to claim it won't hurt it). I don't think it'll hurt us as a country overall, but gets a big "OK whatever" from me.
Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:22 pm It wasn't that long ago i was hearing calls for abolishing the Supreme court after they refused to even hear a case about the 2020 election results.
The Dems are far more brazen about it, but make no mistake this is a symptom of a much broader problem.

And it's why I'm Libertarian.

The widespread implications of this breach of decorum(there's an ongoing debate on the subject of whether this this leak is even technically illegal; I say it is but nevertheless...) will reverberate throughout the body politic for years. This was a betrayal no question, but it doesn't do much to worsen the already palpable perception that the Supreme Court is simply a hub of split partisan power, in which both parties jockey for position after a retirement/death to install their preferred candidate to enact their legal preferences. To assume neither party wants this just because one (The republicans) are far more cunning in disguising their intentions, is folly.

Anyone who thinks this is the final death nail of trust for SCOTUS hasn't been paying attention, its simply one of the most egregious final straws in modern American History.
I used to claim Libertarian, but the more it moved laissez-faire the further away I walked. COVID nonsense from leaders put the last nail in the coffin in me having the slightest bit of association. Capitalism has been great for us, but there are always extreme losers in a capitalistic society, and we have to have supports for them.

My understanding is that the leak not illegal at all on its own, but if prosecutors wanted to get really creative they could probably find something to charge whoever leaked it with (unless it was Alito himself because he didn't like the idea of having to water it down, for the latest conspiracy theory).

SCOTUS has actually been pretty much fine (I recommend following SCOTUSblog.com). These major decisions represent a fraction of the cases they hear, and most decisions are unanimous. Taking the stats from that site, in OT2020 there were 67 cases. Only 8 were 5-4 and another 16 5-3 or 6-3. 39 cases had 0 or 1 dissenter (29 unanimous) and 4 cases had 2 dissenters.

COVID on the rise again, so remember that the vaccines are more effective for preventing cases and/or keeping cases mild than having COVID previously. Up to 1/6 of hospitals are critically understaffed (2/3 if you're Vermont, yikes) and another 1/4 experiencing shortages thanks to all of the doctors and nurses quitting from the stress from treating previous infections. It's free, basically harmless, and takes all of 3 seconds.

Stay well everyone!
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:51 pm

Abby ain't bad looking at all and yeah...blessed.

And regarding House of The Dragon. Despite my objections to race swapping IF they reign it in and don't extend it beyond what is needed then it could be solid. I read the short story that came out about this part of Westeros history before the Fire and Blood book about the Targaryan history had come out and expanded on it. This show should be maybe 3 seasons max. If they start pushing it beyond that then I suspect it will fall off the rails.

A lot of people are gonna die in this show...as this was the point in history that began the end of the dragons in Westeros.

My guess is season one will cover Viserys' reign and all the machinations behind whether others want his daughter to be his heir and then end with him dying and the Dance of Dragons war beginning.

Meanwhile us book fans are just upset with THE FAT MAN that he keeps getting distracted by all the shiny (dolla dolla bills ya'll) objects and NOT FINISHING HIS DAMN SERIES!
I'm rather curious as to just how far they are willing to take this. As you said, the lead-up to the Civil War and the eventual war itself probably won't take more than 3-4 seasons, so I'm wondering if they are invested in his enough to write in a time skip, and push the narrative closer to the actual fall of the Targaryan Dynasty.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing at least a few episodes allocated to the start, middle, or end of Robert's Rebellion. I've been dying to see the Climatic battle between Rhaegar and Robert Baratheon since I started watching the show and reading the books. Rhaegar was considered one of the greatest Targaryans in terms of fighting prowess, which was why Robert became a legend when he felled him in battle.

But who knows how much they want to milk this. If the ratings are solid and the demand is up, they may order a full seven seasons.....that might be pushing it, but its HBO.

And lets be honest, he's never finishing this series. Ive already made peace with that.....eleven years and counting; the winds have yet to blow.
"A Dream Of Spring" will forever be a dream.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Sick with COVID last week. Most of the time spent in bed so I got around to watching Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic. A fun fantasy anime with cool power ups. How much more does the Manga continue after the anime?

Edit

Watched Dr. Strange, I really enjoyed it. Thought it was 'strange' no pun intended that they couldn't convince Wanda just to ask and even train the kid to universe jump.

The 2 Mom comment just made me shake my head. Of course Disney you have to get that in there lol.

Looking forward to Ant-Man and Quantunmania movie.

The 2 moms comment was a running joke for a military ad commercial comparison between U.S, China and Russia.

Link: https://youtu.be/Kfe6d6MzeLM
killacross

Post by killacross »

Bikini clad cum sluts

.. Wait a minute, this isn't Google

.. Haha... I was joking guys

Completely unrelated.. How do you delete comments?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

RoccoSiffredi Henessy's Rough BBC Anal Gangbang was one of the vids that came up in a search....not that I was trying to search.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:39 pm RoccoSiffredi Henessy's Rough BBC Anal Gangbang was one of the vids that came up in a search....not that I was trying to search.
killacross wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 5:33 pm Bikini clad cum sluts

.. Wait a minute, this isn't Google

.. Haha... I was joking guys

Completely unrelated.. How do you delete comments?
What is happening? :?