There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

I get it ...but you misunderstand my point...I think they ALL should be arrested. Just because you can find examples...doesn't mean that both groups were given the same scrutiny

really..it'll come down to what charges actually stick when all is said and done.

the irony though...of the group that talked about "law and order"...broke the law against the very organization that makes/enforces the laws
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:07 am I get it ...but you misunderstand my point...I think they ALL should be arrested. Just because you can find examples...doesn't mean that both groups were given the same scrutiny

really..it'll come down to what charges actually stick when all is said and done.

the irony though...of the group that talked about "law and order"...broke the law against the very organization that makes/enforces the laws
I will say this though. At least they went after the source...the government. They didn't go trashing neighborhoods. They were wrong but they directed it at the entity they felt was directly responsible.

Cue attacks.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Winter of Love
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Subject change!

Anyone here a subscriber to the Daily wire? They just got into the film distribution game(some are under the impression that they actually made the movie, actually they just bought the distribution rights) and their first foray into that space has me intrigued.

Seeing the trailer for "Run Hide Fight" actually gave me hope that they weren't in this to just pump out pure propaganda tripe like "God is not dead".
Big fan of Thomas Jane and the production company behind it were also the ones who produced probably the crazy movie I've seen in quite some time(If you haven't seen bone Tomahawk, do it.....just not on a full stomach).

I'm interesting in seeing what they do going forward and whether they actually set up their own production company at some point in the future.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I was thinking today.. I wonder if drive in theaters saw a big boom in business these past few months
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:33 pm Subject change!

Anyone here a subscriber to the Daily wire? They just got into the film distribution game(some are under the impression that they actually made the movie, actually they just bought the distribution rights) and their first foray into that space has me intrigued.

Seeing the trailer for "Run Hide Fight" actually gave me hope that they weren't in this to just pump out pure propaganda tripe like "God is not dead".
Big fan of Thomas Jane and the production company behind it were also the ones who produced probably the crazy movie I've seen in quite some time(If you haven't seen bone Tomahawk, do it.....just not on a full stomach).

I'm interesting in seeing what they do going forward and whether they actually set up their own production company at some point in the future.

Ben has said in promoting their media platform that they aren't looking to put out "conservative talking point" films. Apparently, they want to have films that people will just enjoy watching, including very R-rated films. It's just that the films won't necessarily take a dump on what are considered conservative values, or at the very least won't be woke trash.

I don't subscribe to Daily Wire so I don't know but I do give the company props for putting its money where its mouth is. They are actually trying to develop an alternative to the mainstream so kudos to them.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Parler platform being cancelled because of the riot lol
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 am Parler platform being cancelled because of the riot lol
You can still access parler from their website.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:16 am
San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:33 am Parler platform being cancelled because of the riot lol
Did they find another hosting platform? AWS was kicking them off last i remember
killacross

Post by killacross »

....aaaand silencing any opposing voices
media, education, technology, entertainment

there's a stranglehold on all of these industries
...I expect that in 4 years -- there is going to be a red wave (if I say it enough -- eventually I'll be right and people will cheer me as the Oracle of eastern NC)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:13 am ....aaaand silencing any opposing voices
media, education, technology, entertainment

there's a stranglehold on all of these industries
...I expect that in 4 years -- there is going to be a red wave (if I say it enough -- eventually I'll be right and people will cheer me as the Oracle of eastern NC)
This isn't going to end well, I'm sure even the most Liberal people can see these tech giants are shooting themselves in the foot. I look forward to seeing how all the lawsuits turn out.

@killa I can't believe I didn't ask YOU this question. Do you plan on taking the COVID19 vaccine and do you have to take it?
superbob wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:03 am
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:16 am
Did they find another hosting platform? AWS was kicking them off last i remember
Yup I heard that too, they should be going dark right now and scrambling to find new servers.
killacross

Post by killacross »

of course I'll take it when it is offered
...but I'm not an early adopter of anything...so even if I could, I wouldn't be in the first wave

I have actually worked with all of the big 3 players at some point (Pfizer, Moderna, AZ)...in a perfect world...Moderna would be on top -- easy...Pfizer is too damn big to be competent...and AZ just isn't competent at any size

...so they fit right into Pharma perfectly

I would expect Pfizer to create the most used doses because their infrastructure and distribution network is monstrous...I'd expect Moderna to create the fewest (they are like a designer pharma company).

I don't have any concerns taking any of them because they have all gone from Clinical Trial to the Commercial scale stage. Oh, the FDA is incompetent as well though.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

You guys don't get it - they HAVE to ban them. Trump is doing everything he can to purge Section 230 as retribution before he goes, and if he does that THEY are responsible for everything on their site. Trump's an idiot, if he had pushed his Section 230 changes sooner they'd have banned him sooner. Section 230 gives them immunity from what other people post on their websites. People were planning an armed insurrection in a week or so - you better believe they're getting canceled.

Keep in mind that all Parler had to do to keep going was set a policy against violence and monitor for it. They didn't. They had a chance, they violated the ToS, they got the boot. It's not like they were dropped on a dime, they knowingly did it. No sympathy.

Facebook and Twitter aren't cancelling every conservative ever. No one is silencing you. Don't advocate for violence and you can continue saying whatever else you want. Speaking of - even if the first amendment applied to these websites, which it doesn't, the first amendment doesn't cover advocating violence either.

In 2016 MAGA language I believe my response to all of the conservative politician/opiners "sorry your safe space got canceled, snowflake." /s
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 pm
Facebook and Twitter aren't cancelling every conservative ever. No one is silencing you.

Let's just see how the next year or two goes.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:32 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:17 pm
Facebook and Twitter aren't cancelling every conservative ever. No one is silencing you.
Let's just see how the next year or two goes.
If you get silenced, it's because it's in their financial interests to do so or because you might get them in legal trouble. If you want to blame them for that, you may want to rethink how you feel about free markets.

Edit: Looks like Parler was harvesting data too: https://gizmodo.com/every-deleted-parle ... 1846032466
killacross

Post by killacross »

I think you misunderstand. No one is saying that you should have free speech in regards to a private entity.
What we are saying is we would like consistency. The companies are hiding behind this veil of.."well he shouldn't have broken he rules"

...but the issue is that the "rules" change based on who is in charge and their whims...and even then, they aren't equally enforced (blatantly so)

All anyone really wants is self awareness and consistency (which is what I was pointing out originally with the arrests and doxxing of people who stormed the capitol)

essentially -- these tech companies have said -- "if you don't like our rules...make your own website". So when they made their own websites...they are now being told..."we dont like what you say, get your own servers". Eventually it will be...get your own internet (if internet becomes a right or utility, Id expect this to change...but government would step in and quash any dissenting speech....so yeesh!)

one thing I will applaud the "left" for is that they have created do tanks (vs the "right's" think tanks). The left is very good at organizing and boycotting (or at least threatening to boycott) companies/industries. I guess there is a case to be made against monopolies and mega-corporations
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:10 pm I think you misunderstand. No one is saying that you should have free speech in regards to a private entity.
What we are saying is we would like consistency. The companies are hiding behind this veil of.."well he shouldn't have broken he rules"

...but the issue is that the "rules" change based on who is in charge and their whims...and even then, they aren't equally enforced (blatantly so)

All anyone really wants is self awareness and consistency (which is what I was pointing out originally with the arrests and doxxing of people who stormed the capitol)

essentially -- these tech companies have said -- "if you don't like our rules...make your own website". So when they made their own websites...they are now being told..."we dont like what you say, get your own servers". Eventually it will be...get your own internet (if internet becomes a right or utility, Id expect this to change...but government would step in and quash any dissenting speech....so yeesh!)

one thing I will applaud the "left" for is that they have created do tanks (vs the "right's" think tanks). The left is very good at organizing and boycotting (or at least threatening to boycott) companies/industries. I guess there is a case to be made against monopolies and mega-corporations
Some of the bigger companies (Facebook, Amazon, maybe Google/Alphabet advertising) are definitely monopolies and act like it. I'm not going to cry if they get broken up even though they'll just merge back together like AT&T did.

The policies pretty much aren't enforced at all. They literally had people calling for an uprising and they weren't removed until they actually did it, when it suddenly became a legal issue. Now everyone threatening violence around the election gets the boot. A bunch of those people move to Parler. Services hosting Parler say "hey, we're already being looked at by the Government, so watch that shit or get fucked." Have you seen the messages that were posted? People were talking about going back next week except armed and planning to use them. Apple didn't like that, and didn't like that Parler ignored its request to do something about it. It's just dominos from there. Trump definitely doesn't have a friend in Amazon to begin with, everyone else has dropped them and now they're looking at the next person in line.

Doxxing is shit and people shouldn't be doing it. I'm not on Twitter or Facebook, so I don't know everything that's flying by, but until it becomes a legal issue or a money issue for them they're not going to do anything about it.

The government already monitors the internet and looks to quash dissenting speech. Trump even set the precedent.

Edit: I see where my use of "policy" is being confusing. They don't enforce it, but it's there. If you violate it, you risk getting the boot. They'll give you the boot if it hurts their bottom line. Don't hurt their bottom line, you don't get the boot.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

killacross wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:10 pm I think you misunderstand. No one is saying that you should have free speech in regards to a private entity.

It's worth noting that this all didn't transpire in a vacuum. It was less a coordinated silencing as a it was a domino cascade of companies running with their collective tails between their legs at the first sign of trouble or complication. You could call it an excuse( I certainly would agree with that); that they are simply using the capitol riots as a reason to cripple companies like parler, but you would be remiss if you didn't acknowledge that the genesis of this can be traced directly back to that violent uprising and the subsequent discussion of incitement prevalent on these platforms(twitter is no exception it should be noted) was inevitable.

Rightly or wrongly, this is big tech (With all its incumbent lefty motivations trailing behind it) making a calculation on the basis of their bottom line and ideological preferences in tandem. The omnipresent issue they always encounter with consumers and the general public(with good reason) is the latter always coopts the publics perceptions and outshines the former. Despite any legitimacy a decision(and I'm not making a judgment) like AWS had in regards to cutting off parler from their servers it is belied by the distrust inherent in the decision because we live in an age where the default response to controversy is to batten down the hatches and retreat to our respective political corners before we even deign to exercise even a patina of critical thinking; taking a step back and actually entertaining that they aren't doing this exclusively out of malice is not palatable.(And I'm sure once this is posted and read, this specific passage will be greeted by an immediate eye roll.)

Interpret this as soap box preaching all you want, I know my reputation.

That said I disagree with amazon and virtually every other company that's been stamped across Fox new's Chyron in the past few days like a veritable whose who of "Big tech usual suspects". I think they acted impetuously and not with pure motivations but I'm also of the opinion that this would not have happened had the events of Wednesday not occurred.
This was capitalization of opportunity presented on a silver platter by overzealous deluded asshats, not collusion.
I honestly don't know which Is worse.

Twitter's ban of the president was ridiculous on its face too, but here we are... to quote Macbeth "What's done is done".

Repealing 230(which appears even more difficult now given the shake up in the senate) wouldn't fix this, it would only be pouring gasoline on an open flame while dialing the police with a rotary phone and an arthritic finger.

I don't see a good solution to any of this that wouldn't be universally decried by the denizens of either corners "Hive mind" as the most unprecedented assault on humanity since kristallnacht. Damn Christiane Amanpour to hell for reintroducing that horrible moment in history into the national dialectic, now everyone's mindlessly referencing it like a teenager who just discovered masturbation and their parents parental block password.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I mean the tweet that got Trump perma-banned basically amounted to "Twitter sucks! We'll have our own platform, stay tuned!" and I find it hard to believe that tweet violated the ToS.

Although I'm the only person though that keeps thinking, "Fine. Why do we have this notion that we have to get along with and interact with people that fundamentally have completely different values and hate your guts? I mean really hate your guts. To the point where they want to see your life destroyed if you don't share the same values as them?"

In no other part of our lives do we allow that and frankly people around you would find it disturbing if you did keep a person like that in your life.

When's Elon gonna come out with his own internet?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:43 pm I mean the tweet that got Trump perma-banned basically amounted to "Twitter sucks! We'll have our own platform, stay tuned!" and I find it hard to believe that tweet violated the ToS.
The tweet that got him banned was an earlier tweet, Twitter just jumped on the back of the other companies to get rid of him. I was more surprised Facebook banned him since they've essentially bent over backwards to stay on his good side. I guess when they figured out he was pushing 230 changes anyways they said fuck it.
Although I'm the only person though that keeps thinking, "Fine. Why do we have this notion that we have to get along with and interact with people that fundamentally have completely different values and hate your guts? I mean really hate your guts. To the point where they want to see your life destroyed if you don't share the same values as them?"

In no other part of our lives do we allow that and frankly people around you would find it disturbing if you did keep a person like that in your life.
It only works because it's the internet. People revel in the suffering of others and can only get that high when they're anonymous.
When's Elon gonna come out with his own internet?
If you're asking about his ISP, soon-ish but an ISP won't change anything. If you're being serious about making his own internet, the answer is never. If you're joking like I think you are, the answer is still never because the libs will get him canceled first.
Cane_The9lives wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 pm Rightly or wrongly, this is big tech (With all its incumbent lefty motivations trailing behind it)...

That said I disagree with amazon and virtually every other company that's been stamped across Fox new's Chyron in the past few days like a veritable whose who of "Big tech usual suspects". I think they acted impetuously and not with pure motivations but I'm also of the opinion that this would not have happened had the events of Wednesday not occurred.
This was capitalization of opportunity presented on a silver platter by overzealous deluded asshats, not collusion.
I honestly don't know which Is worse.

Twitter's ban of the president was ridiculous on its face too, but here we are... to quote Macbeth "What's done is done".
"Big liberal tech" is a smokescreen. The actual functioning of how it works isn't biased, but garbage in yields garbage out. D's showed up to the algorithmic manipulation party first and reaped the benefits.

Now, the ISP giants on the other hand, they directly control what you see.
Repealing 230(which appears even more difficult now given the shake up in the senate) wouldn't fix this, it would only be pouring gasoline on an open flame while dialing the police with a rotary phone and an arthritic finger.
Repealing 230 was never an option. Can you imagine the uprising against whoever leads the charge against shutting down every social media site?