There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:37 pm Gotta remember.. San is canadian

So I think there are cases of threats of reporting to CPS of you deny your kids secual identity

.. Don't know if any have been taken away (because I never looked into it)

**EDIT**
So was talking about the neighbor's daughter at work today. People were like...OH, we heard about that...our son/daughter is/was in her class. According to the grapevine, this girl was going through some things. She was the class TikTok superstar. Apparently she uploaded some video last week that got her ostracized. She skipped school a few days, came back Monday and said she was going to hurt herself. No one believed her...so she went home and hanged herself.

...Social media is fucking dumb.
WoW! Sucks to think these days when a kid says that you have to take them for their word.

What did she do so bad on tik tok? People just make music videoes right?
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm not a social media expert. Closest things to social media I have are this forum and reddit. I wouldn't know where to even begin to look.

But she was this little white girl that tried to be so hood. The craziest thing...I remember last summer...she was outside shooting her basketball in their front yard. These 4 little black boys came over and were talking to her. They asked if she was home alone. She was like...yea...so they VERBATIM asked "You wanna go inside and fuck me and my 3 homeboys?" She said..."I would...but I have a boyfriend".

I was floored. And especially because that means she was 11/12 at the time! I've done some crazy shit in my day...but not like that.

I dunno. Like I said, just a trash family that I didn't and STILL don't want to get involved with/know. I can understand their pain...and I'm willing to throw a few dollars their way -- but that's about it.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Social media for kids just means that instead of going home and getting away from school bullies to hang out with your friends, the school bullies and half the world make fun of you all day long. Exacerbates problematic behavior on the giving end and the reactionary behavior on the receiving end.

Hanging always seemed like a shit choice of suicide methods to me. Assuming you don't totally screw up, gun is quick no questions asked. With cutting/pills/poison if you have a change of heart you can call an ambulance. If you're lucky hanging kills you quick, but if you're not lucky you die a slow, painful death and if you have a change of heart you get to die a slow painful death while panicking and thinking you want to live. No thanks. Had a classmate in high school kill herself by jumping from a bridge onto I-285. I feel bad for the driver of the car that hit her.

If we're lucky the kids at her school learned something. Good chance a decent chunk of them didn't though.
killacross

Post by killacross »

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!! We've lost about $100K in the past week. FUCK YOU CORONA!!

Women typically poison themselves or hang themselves. Men shoot themselves. I figure with how fast they released an article that said "suicide"...they had to have found her dangling...or an empty pill bottle in the bed.

Also...came home today to people parked in my driveway and in my yard. I figure I'll let it pass for the next week or two. Grass will grow back...and as long as theyre not leaking oil...my driveway is fine
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

My dad would have straight up shot people that parked on his yard. I used to have to pick crab grass and broad leaf grass by hand out of his seashore grass....
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

If it's for the neighbor's funeral I'd be a bit more tolerant of it... but if they're blocking the driveway and you have to go somewhere that's not cool at all.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

They're gonna have to ask me first. The whole idea that they just think they can use it is fucked up.
killacross wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:42 am

But she was this little white girl that tried to be so hood. The craziest thing...I remember last summer...she was outside shooting her basketball in their front yard. These 4 little black boys came over and were talking to her. They asked if she was home alone. She was like...yea...so they VERBATIM asked "You wanna go inside and fuck me and my 3 homeboys?" She said..."I would...but I have a boyfriend".

I was floored. And especially because that means she was 11/12 at the time! I've done some crazy shit in my day...but not like that.
Yup, these parents are awful but also...PUBLIC SCHOOL YA'LL where your child is taught to think gangbangs at 11 years old is a okay. My question is with your income and net worth how the hell do you have neighbors like this? I would figure that people like you and people like them couldn't possibly be in the same neighborhood.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I mean, I went through the public education system, turned out moderately well.

First corona virus related death in the US, washington state, expect the stock market to fall again on monday
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:15 am I mean, I went through the public education system, turned out moderately well.

First corona virus related death in the US, washington state, expect the stock market to fall again on monday

So did pretty much all of us. That doesn't change the fact that public school is god awful, especially in America.

Think of it like hitting your kids. It's wrong and studies show it's ultimately detrimental to your kids..at times significantly but I was hit as a kid and turned out fine. I'm not hitting my future children though.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:31 am
superbob wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:15 am I mean, I went through the public education system, turned out moderately well.

So did pretty much all of us. That doesn't change the fact that public school is god awful, especially in America.

Think of it like hitting your kids. It's wrong and studies show it's ultimately detrimental to your kids..at times significantly but I was hit as a kid and turned out fine. I'm not hitting my future children though.
You're not accounting for bias. Public schools aren't awful at all, they generally outperform charter schools. Fully private schools perform better because they poach the more talented kids with affluent families who are willing to pay more. A smaller teacher:student ratio will always help an individual perform better. There are very few situations where free market solutions have no way to solve issues - any necessity with a 100% demand like education is one of them.
Last edited by xandorxerxes on Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ I agree with the issue (one of them at least) being student to teacher ratio. The smaller class size does help.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:48 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:31 am

You're not accounting for bias. Public schools aren't awful at all, they generally outperform charter schools. Fully private schools perform better because they poach the more talented kids with affluent families who are willing to pay more. A smaller teacher:student ratio will always help an individual perform better. There are very few situations where free market solutions have no way to solve issues - any necessity with a 100% demand like education is one of them.

Remember people...I hate public schools as a matter of principle for what they represent and what they teach (these days) to kids...mainly indoctrination. Are any of you actually listening to what's coming out of public schools around the country these days? Woke, inter-sectional curriculum nonsense being pushed by activist teachers and bureaucrats in the school system.

Not here to argue the merits of public school, because to me there are none so I don't care. If you want to send your kid to public school, fine that's your bag of tea. You're free to do that but I will advocate until the day I die to keep your kid out of public school and to take control of your kids education away from the government. In my ideal world there would be no public school but in the world we live in now I want as much freedom as possible for parents to choose how they educate their kids. If you want to choose public school then fine...you do you boo. But don't try to stop myself and others from running as far away from that system as possible while at the same time trying to make sure we don't have to pay for something we have no intention of ever using. I think trying to save public schools or work within the system to change it is a giant waste of time and it's better to focus on how you can take control in figuring out the best way for you and others to educate your own kids and I don't think public school is the way to go. I think in focusing on that, educational options for everyone get better overall even for those of low income. Yeah, people always say that people that are low income will get left out if we do go the route of more freedom and individual choice when it comes to schooling yet they don't seem to grasp that the education they get right now is complete shit anyway.

To quote Michael Malice's feelings on public school:

"Public schools are literal prisons for children and the only time many people will ever encounter physical violence in their lives."

I actually feel the same way about private schools too. They're a bit better but ultimately are falling to same pressures of public school. Home school all the way people! Are there good public schools? Sure, just like there are great teachers in public schools too. Doesn't change anything for me.

Same with college and university, unless you are REQUIRED by the industry you want to enter to go to college, I'm advocating you don't go. Because it's a waste of time, money and brain cells.

Say what you want about me but at least I'm pretty consistent on my views. (Not implying others here aren't btw)
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:42 pmRemember people...I hate public schools as a matter of principle for what they represent and what they teach (these days) to kids...mainly indoctrination. Are any of you actually listening to what's coming out of public schools around the country these days? Woke, inter-sectional curriculum nonsense being pushed by activist teachers and bureaucrats in the school system.

Not here to argue the merits of public school, because to me there are none so I don't care. If you want to send your kid to public school, fine that's your bag of tea. You're free to do that but I will advocate until the day I die to keep your kid out of public school and to take control of your kids education away from the government. In my ideal world there would be no public school but in the world we live in now I want as much freedom as possible for parents to choose how they educate their kids. If you want to choose public school then fine...you do you boo. But don't try to stop myself and others from running as far away from that system as possible while at the same time trying to make sure we don't have to pay for something we have no intention of ever using. I think trying to save public schools or work within the system to change it is a giant waste of time and it's better to focus on how you can take control in figuring out the best way for you and others to educate your own kids and I don't think public school is the way to go. I think in focusing on that, educational options for everyone get better overall even for those of low income. Yeah, people always say that people that are low income will get left out if we do go the route of more freedom and individual choice when it comes to schooling yet they don't seem to grasp that the education they get right now is complete shit anyway.

To quote Michael Malice's feelings on public school:

"Public schools are literal prisons for children and the only time many people will ever encounter physical violence in their lives."

I actually feel the same way about private schools too. They're a bit better but ultimately are falling to same pressures of public school. Home school all the way people! Are there good public schools? Sure, just like there are great teachers in public schools too. Doesn't change anything for me.

Same with college and university, unless you are REQUIRED by the industry you want to enter to go to college, I'm advocating you don't go. Because it's a waste of time, money and brain cells.

Say what you want about me but at least I'm pretty consistent on my views. (Not implying others here aren't btw)
Prisons? I'm not sure MM ever set foot into a public school. They're not violent, and if you watch or play 1 year of a physical sport you will see more violence there than you will in your entire school life. The National Center for Education Statistics data shows that schools by and large are as safe or safer than being away from school (with both areas improving annually).

Homeschooling only works if you're able to educate yourself on the material and effectively teach your child. Some people are, the vast majority of people aren't. If you take two people, one of whom is dedicated to a specific job, the odds of that 2nd person being better at that job aren't terribly high. If the average person were to homeschool their kids, they would have to be better than a dedicated person at their job for multiple people every year. There's no way that's tenable, and that's ignoring any other economic factors that would also play a part or just that the vast majority of people don't want to be teachers.

I fully support all non-public schooling institutions. I don't think public schools are super-great and everyone should use them - I probably won't when my kids are old enough. But at base, everyone needs a solid foundation of education. When that's not there, everyone loses.

From what I see, the wokeness and intersectional topics you mentioned are coming out of private, not public, institutions (especially the ivys). Aside from an occasional bad actor, I'm not seeing anything like that out of lower, public institutions. Only thing I'm finding on Google are opinion pieces from a few individuals or are otherwise studies on public schools (as opposed to their curriculum).
killacross

Post by killacross »

Stock market.. Why you so cray?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:16 am Stock market.. Why you so cray?
P/E is still super high. Might be a 'new normal' but historically we're still overvalued. Also, Corona getting worse, and the US hasn't really taken many economy-impacting steps yet, assuming we even do.

https://www.macrotrends.net/2577/sp-500 ... ings-chart
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So it looks like Biden will be the winner?
killacross

Post by killacross »

Looking that way
...turd sandwich or turd sandwich with cheese
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:54 pm So it looks like Biden will be the winner?
Odds are still best that no one will win a majority, to my knowledge. 538 hasn't updated yet with ST results. Biden will surely win the plurality, though a contested convention (no majority) would still likely result in Biden being the nominee since he is very much the Democrats' pick.

Warren gets to be a wildcard - she's won just enough to potentially hose both Biden and Sanders to force a contested convention, and unless she drops out that's not going to change (even if she does, technically her delegates aren't compelled to vote for her choice). At this point Sanders has the issue Biden did before - more people in his "liberal" lane now than Biden's "moderate" with Klobuchar, Buttigieg, and now Bloomberg out.

Fun trivia fact - Warren is the youngest of the three candidates, and would just miss being sworn in as the oldest president in US history by less than a year (Trump currently owns it).

Edit: Will double check the "Warren wildcard statement" when I have time tomorrow, I'm pretty sure she does.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...it does make me chuckle that Bloomberg dropped out today...BUT my TV is saturated with ads and endorsements
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Warren ain't getting the nomination and the DNC and the democratic machine has just shown they don't want Bernie anywhere near that nomination.

They all suck anyway and I'm suspecting Trump wins re-election. I do await the debates though, they are all going to be awful at trying to debate Donald Trump. It's gonna be hilarious.