There we go

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:21 pm

@DM it's a month quarantine - 2 weeks after landing and 2 weeks before leaving. Or negative results and only there for 120 hrs. We did the same thing when I went to Germany last year...but we went the quarantine route then. I said HELL NO to that this time...most of us did actually.

@XX the issue is that most of the people who wanted the vaccine have gotten it.. Now it's people who aren't early adopters. Hospitals and municipalities have started reporting that they have doses that are not being used.

Oh and apparently, it's all Trump's fault. And then the nonstory about the JJ shots and blood clots aren't helping either

San Goku
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:59 pm

Chauvin verdict coming up soon!

Edit

GUILTY! On all counts
killacross wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:21 pm
@DM it's a month quarantine - 2 weeks after landing and 2 weeks before leaving. Or negative results and only there for 120 hrs. We did the same thing when I went to Germany last year...but we went the quarantine route then. I said HELL NO to that this time...most of us did actually.

@XX the issue is that most of the people who wanted the vaccine have gotten it.. Now it's people who aren't early adopters. Hospitals and municipalities have started reporting that they have doses that are not being used.

Oh and apparently, it's all Trump's fault. And then the nonstory about the JJ shots and blood clots aren't helping either
Give those unused vaccines to Ontario, Canada

xandorxerxes
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:29 pm

killacross wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:21 pm
@XX the issue is that most of the people who wanted the vaccine have gotten it.. Now it's people who aren't early adopters. Hospitals and municipalities have started reporting that they have doses that are not being used.
Poor phrasing on my part. All of the people chomping at the bit to get the vaccine have it.

Also totally neglected the two weeks before flying out too, off kilter today.

Only thing I see about Trump and vaccine in the news is that his aides wish he had become a promoter of the vaccine so that he could have gotten credit for it. No blame for anything - unless you've got a link I'm not seeing. Nothing would surprise me today.
San Goku wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:59 pm
GUILTY! On all counts
It's the exact opposite of the Trayvon Martin case. Prosecution had everything lined up with compelling testimony. The defense half-assed it.

Next is to throw Maxine Waters out of Congress for her comment, but that'll never happen.

Digital Masta
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:06 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:29 pm
killacross wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:21 pm
@XX the issue is that most of the people who wanted the vaccine have gotten it.. Now it's people who aren't early adopters. Hospitals and municipalities have started reporting that they have doses that are not being used.
Poor phrasing on my part. All of the people chomping at the bit to get the vaccine have it.

Also totally neglected the two weeks before flying out too, off kilter today.

Only thing I see about Trump and vaccine in the news is that his aides wish he had become a promoter of the vaccine so that he could have gotten credit for it. No blame for anything - unless you've got a link I'm not seeing. Nothing would surprise me today.
San Goku wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:59 pm
GUILTY! On all counts
It's the exact opposite of the Trayvon Martin case. Prosecution had everything lined up with compelling testimony. The defense half-assed it.

Next is to throw Maxine Waters out of Congress for her comment, but that'll never happen.
Here's what I see:

-I suspect because of Waters, the weird bias of the judge and the fact that the jury wasn't sequestered from the beginning that the appeals are a-comin'

-A mass exodus of cops in Minnesota and across the country. Just too much heat on you for being a cop, especially a white cop.

-The mob will look at this and say "Okay. So what we do or threaten works" so more of that will happen (regardless of if it had an actual effect on what happened in the courtroom)

-By extension, Kim Potter is done. Well, her case is a bit more straightforward but I suspect that people will riot for one of two reasons in her case:
-More serious charges were never brought forth
-She gets a light sentence because of her career where (as far as I know) she doesn't have any really bad marks on it.

We are in an age where the mob runs the courtroom. I mean the fact that we all knew that if the verdict went the other way cities would burn is a huge problem.

I mean how much courage do you need to have as a juror in this case? You don't do what the mob expects and you actually face legitimate consequences.

Looking at this trial I can't see how the BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT standard was reached for anything other than manslaughter.

The defense has a bunch of reasons to appeal.

And on another note:

January 6th: Entirely Trump's fault.

Maxine Waters comments that actually call for people to escalate(which she has a history of doing): What? She wasn't threatening violence! You're just racist and sexist!

I mean people were already getting ready to riot, they had to barricade Kim Potter's home because they were afraid people were gonna destroy it, Maxine how do you get "more confrontational" than that?

Gawd I love politics. Can America just divorce itself already? Please. That's really the best solution at this point.

EDIT:https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/b ... s-schools/

Homeschool your damn kids

Disclaimer: Yes, this supports my homeschool advocating agenda.

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Complete transparency here...making a half hearted argument. I have seen it, but don't want to do the work. I haven't read these articles...just the headlines

https://missionlocal.org/2021/01/covid- ... francisco/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... story.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/97840731 ... ry-doctors

More importantly...how come no one has mentioned the UFOs?

Digital Masta
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:14 am

You all see the video of the 15/16-year-old in Columbus, Ohio? The police released that bodycam footage QUICK!

It's clear as day that she was about the stab that other woman (in what looks like the neck) when the cop shot her. Of course, he was gonna shoot her, she was literally about to stab someone.

I suspect this one will get swept away by the media pretty quickly.

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:41 am

The thing that makes me so angry about that video is that there are like 15 adults standing around and NOT getting involved....but then they are the same ones mad that when the police "stepped in" and ended it -- well that was just too much

GTFOH...

my culture man...I gotta disconnect from the internet for a while. With me constantly watching WSHH clips and listening to the Kevin Samuels youtube channel and interviews...my culture man, my culture :( :( :(

Digital Masta
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:45 pm

killacross wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:41 am
The thing that makes me so angry about that video is that there are like 15 adults standing around and NOT getting involved....but then they are the same ones mad that when the police "stepped in" and ended it -- well that was just too much

GTFOH...

my culture man...I gotta disconnect from the internet for a while. With me constantly watching WSHH clips and listening to the Kevin Samuels youtube channel and interviews...my culture man, my culture :( :( :(
One of them kicked a girl in the face on the video.

I watched that video and actually said, "Fuck! Why are we always doing this nigga shit?"

I was so angry.

xandorxerxes
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:42 pm

killacross wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 pm
Complete transparency here...making a half hearted argument. I have seen it, but don't want to do the work. I haven't read these articles...just the headlines

https://missionlocal.org/2021/01/covid- ... francisco/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... story.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/97840731 ... ry-doctors

More importantly...how come no one has mentioned the UFOs?
They're not blaming him, it's the correlation:
Polls show nearly half of people who voted for former President Donald Trump in November say that if they are offered a vaccine for COVID-19, they won't get it. That hesitancy could be a major barrier to reaching herd immunity.
New data from a poll Luntz conducted found younger Republicans will be more of a challenge to reach than those who are older. He says it's not about the grandparents. It is about the parents and their adult children, those aged 18-49, who are less afraid of the virus and more skeptical of the vaccine.
Digital Masta wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:06 pm
EDIT:https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/b ... s-schools/

Homeschool your damn kids

Disclaimer: Yes, this supports my homeschool advocating agenda.
Clipped the Maxine Waters part because I obviously agree that she should be gone.

National Review is just riling you up, it's what they do. The Dept. of Education not changing curriculum, they're proposing additional grant considerations. There are two proposals - one doesn't even deal with diversity. It's around finding reputable news sources instead of using Facebook and Twitter. Literally from the proposal:
Among teens who got their news from YouTube, two-thirds reported learning about the news from celebrities and influencers, rather than news organizations.
Also - the funding for the grants involved is less than 2 million dollars. From the links in the National Review (so I'm guessing they assume people don't read them) and related:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... tion#print
https://www.federalgrants.com/Office-of ... 58298.html

The proposals aren't changing their original purpose, either. One half of a proposal to add additional topics for funding inside an already wide-ranging grant that only has $2 million in funding. That's all it took for NR to go "culture war on America."

xandorxerxes
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:19 pm

So leftist/leaning places I see are going out of their way to point out the knife and defend the officer in the Columbus shooting. Additional bodycam from one of the other officers who was escorting the girl in pink has her substantiating the officer's account. This might go to trial in an attempt to placate people, but I can't see a way where this guy is convicted. He honed in on a person with a knife when there was a guy kicking another girl in the face next to him. In my worthless opinion, it was a good shooting.

Hasn't stopped protestors though.

Digital Masta
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:42 pm
killacross wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:15 pm
Complete transparency here...making a half hearted argument. I have seen it, but don't want to do the work. I haven't read these articles...just the headlines

https://missionlocal.org/2021/01/covid- ... francisco/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/ ... story.html

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/19/97840731 ... ry-doctors

More importantly...how come no one has mentioned the UFOs?
They're not blaming him, it's the correlation:
Polls show nearly half of people who voted for former President Donald Trump in November say that if they are offered a vaccine for COVID-19, they won't get it. That hesitancy could be a major barrier to reaching herd immunity.
New data from a poll Luntz conducted found younger Republicans will be more of a challenge to reach than those who are older. He says it's not about the grandparents. It is about the parents and their adult children, those aged 18-49, who are less afraid of the virus and more skeptical of the vaccine.
Digital Masta wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:06 pm
EDIT:https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/b ... s-schools/

Homeschool your damn kids

Disclaimer: Yes, this supports my homeschool advocating agenda.
Clipped the Maxine Waters part because I obviously agree that she should be gone.

National Review is just riling you up, it's what they do. The Dept. of Education not changing curriculum, they're proposing additional grant considerations. There are two proposals - one doesn't even deal with diversity. It's around finding reputable news sources instead of using Facebook and Twitter. Literally from the proposal:
Among teens who got their news from YouTube, two-thirds reported learning about the news from celebrities and influencers, rather than news organizations.
Also - the funding for the grants involved is less than 2 million dollars. From the links in the National Review (so I'm guessing they assume people don't read them) and related:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documen ... tion#print
https://www.federalgrants.com/Office-of ... 58298.html


The proposals aren't changing their original purpose, either. One half of a proposal to add additional topics for funding inside an already wide-ranging grant that only has $2 million in funding. That's all it took for NR to go "culture war on America."
My views aren't even decided by the NR article. It's just more fuel for the fire that is the shit education system. I pay pretty close attention to this stuff even more than before (probably because of my 2-year old niece's existence) and it's not just this article.

School is a lot like prison honestly

-You're stuck in a box
-You have to interact with a bunch of people that you'd never associate with otherwise and you can't escape them
-You're not allowed to leave
-It's one of the few times in your life where you may come across actual violence (in the form of bullying) because if you think about it, outside of school you don't really encounter violent acts against you in your lifetime. Unless you're in prison.
-If violence is done against you the authority basically do nothing to stop it or can't stop it.

I will advocate until the day I die that you don't put your kids in the indoctrination factories that are public schools. It's a lost, corrupt system. Either put them in a (good) private school that resists all this crap or (better option) home school them and honestly home school takes many different forms. It doesn't have to be just you and your kids.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 am

Reason #1,042 of why I hate twitter and social media in general:Everyone's a fucking lawyer now.(I've been guilty of this myself)

I'm a teacher and I'm going to stick to education.
My message is an age old platitude that's preeminently true, one I'll be repeating to ad nauseam to my students, and is more apropos than ever:

Stay in the education system(HS level minimum), get a job upon graduation, and study your rights.
No compromises on any of those three.

Full stop.
(Normally I'd have more to say, but I have a constantly shitting newborn so lets just pretend I made some long-winded commentary on the events that just transpired....)

xandorxerxes
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:00 am

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 am
Reason #1,042 of why I hate twitter and social media in general:Everyone's a fucking lawyer now.(I've been guilty of this myself)

I'm a teacher and I'm going to stick to education.
But what fun is that?

#DunningKruger4Life

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:09 pm

I knew you were my dude XX!!

I live my life by pointing out Dunning-Kruger and the Peter Principle every time I see it. And then I do my best to make sure it's not me!! Which is always hilarious because EVERY ONE tells me how to do my job. I mean...I have a decade of experience and am considered the SME on the project -- so of course you know more than me.

Weird thing though...I've decided FUCK work. My wife hasn't gotten another job yet and it is slightly annoying to me...but that's another rant for another time -- we don't need the money. Her hard work and contributions over the years have earned her a few more weeks of BSing. I KNOW if I did the same -- she would be talking shit...but again...another time.

ANYWAY, I recently [last week] told one of our clients to "go to hell - respectfully". She was telling me how it should be easy to do ____ and she doesn't understand why ___ would take so long...and it just doesn't seem right to her. Basically making me look incompetent in front of the group. I paused...explained that I don't understand her position other than a 30,000 ft view...I would never tell her that what she does is easy and that it doesn't make sense to me...and I asked for the same courtesy..."and if not -- well, Pam, go to hell -- respectfully".

She immediately went silent in the meeting...[I'm certain she complained to someone in the background].

I got called into the office to talk with upper management...and...THEY CHEERED MY PRAISES!!

...now I'll be the acting manager of my department for the month of May -- but full transparency, they asked I tone it down a little

...weird times we're living in

San Goku
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 pm

I'm really pathetic, still reading Boruto.

Speaking of Naruto I heard the Director and Illustrator Osamu Kobayashi passed away, kidney cancer. RIP.
killacross wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:09 pm
I knew you were my dude XX!!

I live my life by pointing out Dunning-Kruger and the Peter Principle every time I see it. And then I do my best to make sure it's not me!! Which is always hilarious because EVERY ONE tells me how to do my job. I mean...I have a decade of experience and am considered the SME on the project -- so of course you know more than me.

Weird thing though...I've decided FUCK work. My wife hasn't gotten another job yet and it is slightly annoying to me...but that's another rant for another time -- we don't need the money. Her hard work and contributions over the years have earned her a few more weeks of BSing. I KNOW if I did the same -- she would be talking shit...but again...another time.

ANYWAY, I recently [last week] told one of our clients to "go to hell - respectfully". She was telling me how it should be easy to do ____ and she doesn't understand why ___ would take so long...and it just doesn't seem right to her. Basically making me look incompetent in front of the group. I paused...explained that I don't understand her position other than a 30,000 ft view...I would never tell her that what she does is easy and that it doesn't make sense to me...and I asked for the same courtesy..."and if not -- well, Pam, go to hell -- respectfully".

She immediately went silent in the meeting...[I'm certain she complained to someone in the background].

I got called into the office to talk with upper management...and...THEY CHEERED MY PRAISES!!

...now I'll be the acting manager of my department for the month of May -- but full transparency, they asked I tone it down a little

...weird times we're living in
This stood out to me, fucking women. That's why I don't miss an opportunity to talk shit!

Digital Masta
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm

San Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 pm
I'm really pathetic, still reading Boruto.
I forgot it existed until this and then read the latest chapters...still trash.


FYI LeBron just isn't very smart. I don't even mean that as an insult, he's not his fault he's got a low IQ. They aren't letting up on going after him on his latest kerfuffle.

Unrelated:

This is still the greatest sports theme of all time...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnl1ulaG5k&t=34s


EDIT: Watched Mortal Kombat...the script was felt like it was missing a bunch of stuff. Like a lot was cut and the plot is a mess and it's lacking on the whole but it was braindead entertainment. This film basically acts as a prequel to the tournament and due to the nature of souls and the Netherealm and all that I doubt dead characters will stay dead. I mean even in the game a shit ton of characters are reveants so.

Also, I did enjoy Kabal's voice actor.

superbob
Site Admin
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:51 am

Re: There we go

Post by superbob » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:09 am

Got my second shot yesterday, definitely feel flu-ish today, looking forward to those nyquil fever dreams though

San Goku
Posts: 737
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:03 am

Usman is a damn beast!
Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:44 pm
San Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:29 pm
I'm really pathetic, still reading Boruto.
I forgot it existed until this and then read the latest chapters...still trash.


FYI LeBron just isn't very smart. I don't even mean that as an insult, he's not his fault he's got a low IQ. They aren't letting up on going after him on his latest kerfuffle.

Unrelated:

This is still the greatest sports theme of all time...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnl1ulaG5k&t=34s


EDIT: Watched Mortal Kombat...the script was felt like it was missing a bunch of stuff. Like a lot was cut and the plot is a mess and it's lacking on the whole but it was braindead entertainment. This film basically acts as a prequel to the tournament and due to the nature of souls and the Netherealm and all that I doubt dead characters will stay dead. I mean even in the game a shit ton of characters are reveants so.

Also, I did enjoy Kabal's voice actor.
Just watched MK and enjoyed it, I was looking forward to the actual tournament so I was a bit disappointed. The Scorpion scene at the beginning was crazy.
superbob wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:09 am
Got my second shot yesterday, definitely feel flu-ish today, looking forward to those nyquil fever dreams though

All the best

killacross
Posts: 549
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:41 pm

On the plane heading for Italy!!

Digital Masta
Posts: 495
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:54 am

The Critical Drinker's review of Falcon and The Winter Soldier is essentially how I feel about the show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0B_7es0_g


Followed by Eric July explaining saying this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdIEk8ntmwE

Also Screen Rant's pitch meeting video on this show...also accurate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URHTrIlO3Os

Marvel has yet to change my opinion about the post-Endgame world.

It kinda just sucks.

However, Baron Zemo is one the best characters in the MCU and the dude who plays him just kills it. Zemo and John Walker are the best things in the show.

Post Reply