There we go

eddieson

Re: There we go

Post by eddieson »

ames wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 pm are there rules that say he has to wear a mask when anyone is out in the public? that might get him to comply to wearing one. Did the hospital say he has to wear one when he is outside? I understand that it is not in your place to tell him these things, but someone should. Ignorance should not be an excuse where he can potentially infect god knows how many people and those people might need hospital care and overwhelm the healthcare workers. As a healthcare provider, never in my life was I this afraid for my life where I have to write my own will and tell my loved ones what my wishes are if I ever got COVID and not make it. Never in my life did I have to lie to my parents and say, its ok mom and dad, the hospital is fine..we have enough PPE.......
killacross wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 am you all misunderstand...my FIL isn't a bad person...he's just ignorant to the facts of the science. To me it is cultural again. In Nicaragua, they don't teach science...they teach faith. He has a lot of faith that God will look out for him and his family. And then it is cultural in that...if this 78 yo man says he wants to walk around the neighborhood (sans mask most likely), who are HIS CHILDREN to tell him no? The mother is similar.

I, personally, can tell him no because:
#1. I am NOT HIS child.
#2. I am taller than him by a good 7-8".
#3. I outweigh him by a solid 60-70 lbs.

I'll beat that motherfucker up!!
...the threat of physical violence has always kept order and civility in society. It's why people can have little man syndrome at work...but turn silent at the bar.
To my knowledge, there aren't any laws saying you have to wear a mask out in public.
ames

Post by ames »

true...it would be impossible to enforce stay safe everyone!
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Anybody seeing the volcano pics out in Mexico?
killacross

Post by killacross »

Not laws.. Mandatory, public ordinances.. They are being managed at city level where I live

.. But they have no fines or jail time tied to them
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

eddieson wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 pm Anybody seeing the volcano pics out in Mexico?
I saw about the Earthquake, are they having abnormal volcanic activity too? Yeesh.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:11 pm
eddieson wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:37 pm Anybody seeing the volcano pics out in Mexico?
I saw about the Earthquake, are they having abnormal volcanic activity too? Yeesh.
I read it wrong. It's in Guatemala not Mexico.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-liv ... own-system

I wasn't expecting this BLM brotha to bring some strong talking points on Fox. He seemed very calm and collective. Martha wasn't expecting that lol
ames

Post by ames »

nope she was not expecting it. i bet she's like :o inside.
San Goku wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:47 am https://www.foxnews.com/media/black-liv ... own-system

I wasn't expecting this BLM brotha to bring some strong talking points on Fox. He seemed very calm and collective. Martha wasn't expecting that lol
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

You all know that the BLM organization (separate from the movement) is an out and about Marxist organization right? I mean the co-founder said it herself that she and her co-founder are trained Marxist. This isn't about black people.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:36 am You all know that the BLM organization (separate from the movement) is an out and about Marxist organization right? I mean the co-founder said it herself that she and her co-founder are trained Marxist. This isn't about black people.
I agree I'm not a fan of the organization but of course I'm a fan of the statement/sentiment of Black Lives Matter and anything that can truly benefit black people.

DM you would really like what the founder of BET said about the white protesters and celebrities on Fox, hilarious.

Edit

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bet-fo ... ds-statues
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Is it me or do half black/half white people tend to me much more into the whole BLM "black people are oppressed narrative" than people with 2 black parents? Especially if they are famous. It's like they have this huge racial identity chip on their shoulder and want to show everyone, "SEE! I'm BLACK TOO!" And the lighter they are the worse it gets. See Jesse Williams, his mom is basically from the area of the world where white people are manufactured...Sweden. Other folk include Bubba Wallace and Jussie Smollett...although I'm about the same complexion as Smollett but I have parents that are lighter.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Some kid made the local news headlines because they are making pictures of a fist, selling it and making money for BLM. When I see the picture, it has a rainbow fist and hastag BLM at the bottom. I'm like of course, *rolls eyes*.
killacross

Post by killacross »

BLM doesn't raise money for black people or causes though. The money goes to white, Democrat candidates.

... And there is no sentiment behind BLM that you should be supporting. The "movement" is started from several lies (except for the Tamir Rice case because he was a kid who didn't have time to react... But at the same time, cops don't need to be shot at first)

If it was Black Lives Matter Too.. I would be all in. But this is like another wave of feminism (and it's funny that it's being coopted by young white women). Most black BLM activists I know are not intellectually or emotionally honest.. They do not want equality, they want an advantage - somehow they are owed. But... Most white people and brown people and yellow people struggle too. Life is hard all over.

Teach me the rules of the game... And I'll figure out my own way to compete. The rules are black people are under more scrutiny by the police. Black people go to jail more often and longer for the same crimes. You know what fixes that? Getting black people to become the next generation of lawyers and judges and police and law makers. You know what perpetuates that cycle? Single mother homes, dropping out of school, no snitching, fuck the police, a culture of 1 man and 5 kids with 5 ladies (I know a 27/28 yo with 9 fucking kids by 7 women (2 sets of twins) - and he doesn't possibly make enough to support them... But women STILL flock to him - and he doesn't really have mad game.. It's just low standards), using every situation to riot or loot (and looting is particularly egregious - you are stealing from people in YOUR OWN neighbors just like burning shit down is in YOUR OWN community)

So no.. Not a fan of BLM at all.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

It's a bit more nuanced than that. There are things that BLM has been calling out that needed fixing - like police militarization. But the protests look white because the majority of people are white, especially in areas like Minneapolis. The protests in Atlanta had much larger black representation. It also skews younger, as historically political protests do. More black judges, lawmakers, etc. won't help with things like being found guilty more often and being more penalized - because in the end it's the jurors that are the issue. People have been citing that fact for decades, but only after the latest BLM push has it actually been materializing in greater discussion. That's really the point (imo), but in the end a movement comes down to whatever people decide they want it to mean.

Regardless of the ideologies of the co-founder, BLM is taking advantage of a moment to push for reforms. If they can push a needed reform through, then great. We'll just have to hope there's enough pushback against any shitty ones. If they have to bribe white democrat politicians to get things done, well, it's not like politician bribing is new. Surprised Trump hasn't thrown around "panderin' Pelosi" yet because holy shit.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Isn't that a problem? When it is a leftist organization with extreme leftist founders.... The right is asked to separate the two.

When it's the other way around... The same courtesy isn't offered. And even when the views aren't that extreme it happens. They call for boycots, bans, censorship, and legislation against hate speech and far right radicalization.

The right tends to ostracize themselves, while the left tends to [eventually] eat their own (looking at the new Facebook ad boycotts because they haven't censored posts like Twitter has recently)
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

There's also some dependence on context and popularity. When you're really unpopular you're the "extremist radicals," but when you have a large enough amount of support politicians come out in droves. Most recent right one I can think of is Trump supporters. If they were extremely few I imagine they'd have their own label (though maybe not 'radicals'), but as soon as politicians figured out it was a large enough cult of personality they almost all jumped on board. "Radicals" also tend to be people that the side in question doesn't want to associate with (e.g. Neo Nazis for the right, Antifa for the left - just by association, I haven't looked into how much violence they've actually done, etc).

It's also an inclusive vs exclusive thing. When someone is perceived as being discriminated against it's easier to gin up that popular support needed to not be 'radical,' especially when "equal rights" is bandied about. BLM was covered when it first started because it gained some popularity quickly, but it's been nothing-news for years. Only once George Floyd's death was filmed and released (and multiple other deaths at the same time, egregious or not) did they actually get mainstream support. Anti-abortion bombers weren't associated with just "the right," just the anti-abortion protests/movement, despite that at the time abortion was very much an issue. Now it's just used to get evangelicals to the polls.

Last thing I can think of is that extremists will ALWAYS be there on both ends. When your movement is 1,000 people, 100 extremists are a large fraction of your base. When your movement is 1,000,000 people, 1,000 extremists can be pushed away as "not us." I'm attempting to count only the most extreme people, so in theory the number would be the same, but when large protests happen I assume people who wouldn't normally riot and loot start rioting and looting.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I'm going to steal and alter Michael Malice's comment about how you know if someone is left of center or more right of center...the original statement goes something like this is:

Ask someone this:

Are some people better than others? (No context...just answer the question)

Someone right of center will say Yes. Someone left of center will give a speech.

Similarly I'm going to alter it this way:

Say to someone:

"The police, white people and the idea of systemic racism isn't the biggest issue facing the black community in modern America."

Someone who is more right of center will say, "Yeah, I agree." Someone left of center will give a speech. Example see exchange between killa and xx.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:35 pm I'm going to steal and alter Michael Malice's comment about how you know if someone is left of center or more right of center...the original statement goes something like this is:

Ask someone this:

Are some people better than others? (No context...just answer the question)

Someone right of center will say Yes. Someone left of center will give a speech.

Similarly I'm going to alter it this way:

Say to someone:

"The police, white people and the idea of systemic racism isn't the biggest issue facing the black community in modern America."

Someone who is more right of center will say, "Yeah, I agree." Someone left of center will give a speech. Example see exchange between killa and xx.
What if I agreed... but gave a speech?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

For those of you who haven't seen it:

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/press/ ... l-activity

Hooray for police (and anyone else) being able to access all of your data at any time. AKA Lindsay Graham wants your dick picks. Will do literally nothing to stop bad actors, because setting up your own encryption is incredibly simple. Fuckers don't get how encryption works.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Never let a good crisis go to waste, amiright?