There we go

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:59 pm

killacross wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:23 am
San Goku wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:47 pm
Yes for other countries I agree. It wasn't a requirement for Africa and India for example but highly recommended and even then you could still go.
Ahh yes...the beautiful monolithic, country of Africa :(
I almost spit the cereal out of my mouth. :lol:

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:47 pm

I had to make a new post for this. Is this real? Icarus thought he was hot shit (pun intended) too and we all know how that turned out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.co ... wn%3famp=1

These niggas tryin' to fight the whole world. This is the most popular manga in Japanese history by sales numbers and it has a massive fan base overseas.

This could very well unite the world in opposition of one single foe like in Watchmen.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:21 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:47 pm
I had to make a new post for this. Is this real? Icarus thought he was hot shit (pun intended) too and we all know how that turned out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.co ... wn%3famp=1

These niggas tryin' to fight the whole world. This is the most popular manga in Japanese history by sales numbers and it has a massive fan base overseas.

This could very well unite the world in opposition of one single foe like in Watchmen.
And they talked Oda into serving as Executive producer.

That paycheck must have been FAT......

This is like the quintessential manga/anime that is completely un-adaptable to live action...I can already hear the sharpening of the pickaxes....

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:02 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:59 pm
killacross wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:23 am
San Goku wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:47 pm
Yes for other countries I agree. It wasn't a requirement for Africa and India for example but highly recommended and even then you could still go.
Ahh yes...the beautiful monolithic, country of Africa :(
I almost spit the cereal out of my mouth. :lol:
They always do that....And yet the 'middle east' gets separated from the continent of Africa.
Cane_The9lives wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:21 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:47 pm
I had to make a new post for this. Is this real? Icarus thought he was hot shit (pun intended) too and we all know how that turned out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.co ... wn%3famp=1

These niggas tryin' to fight the whole world. This is the most popular manga in Japanese history by sales numbers and it has a massive fan base overseas.

This could very well unite the world in opposition of one single foe like in Watchmen.
And they talked Oda into serving as Executive producer.

That paycheck must have been FAT......

This is like the quintessential manga/anime that is completely un-adaptable to live action...I can already hear the sharpening of the pickaxes....
Shut the front door! WOW! Just need to see Naruto now, Sasuke would have to be the lead.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXApnj-ztIE

Kevin smith didn't ruin He-man....this did.

I want to burn my eyes out with liquid hot metal and a spoon........

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:43 pm

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:31 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXApnj-ztIE

Kevin smith didn't ruin He-man....this did.

I want to burn my eyes out with liquid hot metal and a spoon........
Now they want to call it HE-MAN. Don't try to bail that piece of shit Kevin Smith out Cane. Lol @ Netflix disabling the comments.

Trailer looked cool, if I were to guess it's more geared toward my niece and nephew who are 6-7yrs old I can see them loving this. So 6+yr and up.

killacross
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:32 am

so umm...the wife is pregnant with #2. Likely less than a month along though so wish us luck.

The sad part is that I can really feel the "not as special as the first" energy. I looked at the stick first and said "Uh oh". My wife said "What?" Looked at it...her eyebrows raised and her eyes sparkled and she said "I'm pregnant?!". I kissed her -

...then we didn't even talk about it for the rest of the day.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:56 pm

killacross wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:32 am
so umm...the wife is pregnant with #2. Likely less than a month along though so wish us luck.

The sad part is that I can really feel the "not as special as the first" energy. I looked at the stick first and said "Uh oh". My wife said "What?" Looked at it...her eyebrows raised and her eyes sparkled and she said "I'm pregnant?!". I kissed her -

...then we didn't even talk about it for the rest of the day.
Congrats! And.....LOL! I think that's just human nature. The best part is your daughter will have a sibling now.

killacross
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:14 am

Ugh!! Had a dream [nightmare] that we are having twins

**edit**
Completely unrelated

.. Would you want to work with your wife /husband?
As in.. Same small company.. Not same department

My wife and I are having a fight over this right now

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:05 pm

Watched the 1984 Ghostbusters movie with my son yesterday and he loved it. Movie was really ahead of its time and had a huge impact in pop culture. Rewatching on Netflix was great. Almost done with Ghostbusters 2, I would say part 1 was better but part 2 wasn't disappointing. The new Afterlife trailer made me want to watch. I think the new movie is going to be great.

Went to the theaters by myself last night, set my alarm to wake me up cause I was tired. I watched Shang-Chi cause why the heck not. Shang-Chi was dope asf. Marvel going to make Shang-Chi their Goku. Would be cool if we got to see other mythological creatures/God's like the Monkey King who ate on par with say Thor or something.

killacross wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:14 am
Ugh!! Had a dream [nightmare] that we are having twins

**edit**
Completely unrelated

.. Would you want to work with your wife /husband?
As in.. Same small company.. Not same department

My wife and I are having a fight over this right now
My wife always tries to bring that up. Like "I really want to work in Government". What she wants to say is your Government employer. From my body language it doesn't go past that. I see enough of her lol.

killacross
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:15 pm

Oh SHIT!!

Michael K Williams (Omar Little - The Wire) died suddenly...damn!!

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:49 pm

That's unfortunate. He was young.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:15 am

Ya I heard, crazy. He played some great characters, great actor.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:21 pm

Yo is this real? Matrix: https://youtu.be/ySBzSEYvLuU

That Shang-Chi movie was on the level of Spider-Man epic imo.

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:24 pm

San Goku wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:21 pm
Yo is this real? Matrix: https://youtu.be/ySBzSEYvLuU

That Shang-Chi movie was on the level of Spider-Man epic imo.
This was announced a long time ago. Personally, I'm not really sure how I feel about it at this point.

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:43 am

Well...FUCK!

https://nicchiban.nichegamer.com/2021/0 ... -to-trump/

https://twitter.com/stevemaeda/status/1 ... 6521728003

Well, this doesn't bode well for the One Piece live-action. This guy clearly has no idea what the series is about. One Piece is quite literally about one guy who wants to become Pirate King...that's it. Well, to expand it a bit, he basically just wants to live his life, his way with the people he cares about all while aiming to become Pirate King. Yes, in over the course of his journey he encounters really bad people but to say that Oda is clearly trying to be overtly political is a purposeful misread of the series and the man. Luffy doesn't care about toppling the world government...his father does.

Honestly, I've always seen the pirates of One Piece (the not terrible ones) as very libertarian in their way of life. They just want to be left alone to do their own thing. Whereas as the bad ones are just straight up violent criminals.

Oda is just trying to tell an awesome story and in telling a great story he tackles things we can all relate to. It's just general human experience stuff. But they will take these things about completely go mental with them.

This what people mean when they say that these people hijack something that is loved and well-known in order to just inject their own politics into it. They know they can't do it with something original so they try to wear the skin of something more successful. It's currently what has absolutely destroyed Marvel and DC comics.

https://nicchiban.nichegamer.com/2021/0 ... -revealed/

Oda: I kinda see Nami as being from Sweden and Sanji from France. (Clearly he means white people)

Netflix: Nami and Sanji...any ethnicity.

If this is real...oh boy.
Luffy (17, Brazillian) has big dreams and seeks adventure; yet also has “a desire for whatever treasures he can get his hands on.” His enthusiasm and refusal to budge against “the corrupt system clinging to the past” starts “a legacy with his quest to create change, but first he must defeat enemies from the past and present.”
That personality isn't Luffy at all.
Zoro (18, Asian) is described as a skilled fighter that “in need of encouragement and direction,” getting by with passionless and questionable work. The Illuminerdi sources claim Netflix is keen on Ludi Lin (Mortal Kombat [2021], Power Rangers [2017]) to play Zoro.
Not Zoro. From the beginning Zoro had a very clear direction. To be the greatest swordsman in the world.
Nami (19, “open to any ethnicity”) is happy being a lone wolf, described as never letting anyone too close. However her sardonic and sarcastic attitude covers her painful past; one that could be “a secret being revealed threatens to destroy everything she’s worked for.”
A more accurate description of Nami up until Arlong.
Usopp (17-year-old, black ethnicity) is an “inventive storyteller and hopeless romantic,” where his tall tales hide his fears but get him into troubles. Nonetheless, his mind can solve problems in ways others can’t.
More accurate description of Usopp when he's first introduced. However, seeing as this is Netflix and they are probably gonna make him black, expect him to be incredibly effeminate, possibly gay and definitely a "gordon goodbrother" character, meaning essentially perfect.
Finally, Sanji (19, “open to any ethnicity”) is a sharp dressed charmer, believing presentation divides the average and the exception. “Nothing is too rich for Sanji as long as one finds pleasure from it.” Despite always learning and evolving, he does not take criticism well.
Who is this character? Because it isn't Sanji.


Fuck these people.

Also, Usopp isn't black. Oda said Africa which is a very big continent and based off the way Usopp looks he's more of that Northeast African/Egyptian look.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

superbob
Site Admin
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:51 am

Re: There we go

Post by superbob » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:57 am

I definitely agree with you DM, in that, while it does seem like a lot of the pirates in OP are out to get as much wealth as they can, there's definitely a very libertarian attitude to Luffy's mentality and his crew, and a chunk of other crews as well.

Image

Has technology gone to far?

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

The Matrix Resurrections. Not particularly interested. Might also be because I'm damn near 20 years older than I was when I first saw that last film, Revolutions. I mean damn, was I really 18 years old when that came out?

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:43 pm

Digital Masta wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:15 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ix7TUGVYIo

The Matrix Resurrections. Not particularly interested. Might also be because I'm damn near 20 years older than I was when I first saw that last film, Revolutions. I mean damn, was I really 18 years old when that came out?
I'm easy impressed, im sold will watch lol.

Haohmaru
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:05 pm

San Goku wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:21 pm
Yo is this real? Matrix: https://youtu.be/ySBzSEYvLuU

That Shang-Chi movie was on the level of Spider-Man epic imo.
Which spiderman are we talking about? Cause I wouldn't really call the Tom Holland ones epic.

Post Reply