There we go

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:16 am

Haohmaru wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:27 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:03 am
Superman and Lois finished its 1st season. Definitely check it out. Yes, it is still the CW so it has some stereotypical CW overdramatic acting moments but it is a really solid show. Tyler Hoechiln is a solid Superman.
This type of show was decent when I was young (like Smallville), but it's hard to watch when you're older.
You wouldn't be watching this if it wasn't called superman.
I don't really see your point. It would be an entirely different show if it wasn't a Superman show so of course I wouldn't be watching it. It would just be a generic CW family show like 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, Everwood.etc. I was interested in it because it was a Superman show. I stayed interested in it because it respects the character of Superman.

Also what makes it hard to watch? I think shows have become either dark and gritty or entirely agenda pushing that a simple, family orientated TV show is now considered lame. Granted I don't care for the teenage drama aspects because as a grown man I understand that teenagers are idiots and that high school really isn't all that important in the grand scheme but naturally to teenagers it's everything.

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:27 am

Cane_The9lives wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:04 am
I didn't make this prediction on this board, but I totally fucking called weebs getting triggered when I thought about the impracticality of Faye valentines "Outfit".

Yes ladies and gentlemen the first still shots of the Cowboy bebop live action Netflix show are out, and right on cue the internets horniest reprobates have collectively emerged from their basements to howl at the moon that she's not gallivanting around half naked for the lewd enjoyment of virgins everywhere.

I mean honestly, this show is in all probability going to be a massive train wreck(The only redeeming features are the set designs and Yoko Kanno signing on to score the soundtrack) getting bent out of shape over the live action faye finally learning how to properly wear a jacket and looking moderately less like a whore is a hysterical hill to die on.
It looks like it is more about the response of the actress than the outfit itself. Hollywood has developed a complete disgust for the audience. Previous generations would have framed their responses (if they responded at all) in a way that didn't insult the audience. But hey, nowadays these people are our betters, amirite?

She could've said:

"Hey, we hear you about the costume and it was decided to go in a different direction. We worked really hard on this and we hope you guys like it."


Only my man Henry Cavill knows how to treat an audience. But that may have something to do with him also being one of those types. Him being a huge gaming nerd. He never shits on fans.

Show 'em how it's done Henry:

https://youtu.be/4dK1vo5bTdI


But no, she decided to be insulting. I do think the original design needed an update because it was dated. But I think the design they went with looks like crap.

I just think its funny that Faye is Singaporen I believe in the series, she's Asian and Hollywood for all it's cries about diversity hires a white-looking Mexican woman to play her. Yet they race swap Spike and make him Asian.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:39 am

Digital Masta wrote:

It looks like it is more about the response of the actress than the outfit itself. Hollywood has developed a complete disgust for the audience. Previous generations would have framed their responses (if they responded at all) in a way that didn't insult the audience. But hey, nowadays these people are our betters, amirite?

She could've said:

"Hey, we hear you about the costume and it was decided to go in a different direction. We worked really hard on this and we hope you guys like it."
The costume is what precipitated this, her response to the freak-out just sent them into a even bigger tizzy


Digital Masta wrote: I just think its funny that Faye is Singaporen I believe in the series, she's Asian and Hollywood for all it's cries about diversity hires a white-looking Mexican woman to play her. Yet they race swap Spike and make him Asian.
Anime Faye looks white has hell.

As for Spike, his race is never explicitly touched upon in the Anime and the surname "Spiegel" is of German(and Jewish) origin, which could have been picked for purely stylistic reasons to compliment the western/noir aesthetic. I've seen the online arguments some overzealous fans have proffered that he was intentionally designed to look jewish, and because of the dual etymology of his last name, the poofy hair and the fact that he carries a Jericho as his primary sidearm that this amounts actual evidence.

In reality Spike was modeled after a famous Japanese actor named Yusaku matsuda who's a dead ringer for him.
A five second visit to google images essentially obliterates all of those arguments. I think I read somewhere during a convention watanabe attended some years back someone remarked upon this theory and he responded "Sure, why not?", which (if true) pretty much tells you they really didn't put much, if any thought into spikes ethnicity. He's probably mixed race, but who knows...the anime manga/Anime industry isn't exactly known for designing characters with ethnically Japanese names(which irrespective of this character, constitutes the vast majority) that are supposed to be a reflection of one of the most ethnically homogenous countries in the world.

Otherwise every character would have either Dark brown or black hair and be no taller than 5'8.

Haohmaru
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:23 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:16 am
Haohmaru wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:27 pm
Digital Masta wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:03 am
Superman and Lois finished its 1st season. Definitely check it out. Yes, it is still the CW so it has some stereotypical CW overdramatic acting moments but it is a really solid show. Tyler Hoechiln is a solid Superman.
This type of show was decent when I was young (like Smallville), but it's hard to watch when you're older.
You wouldn't be watching this if it wasn't called superman.
I don't really see your point. It would be an entirely different show if it wasn't a Superman show so of course I wouldn't be watching it. It would just be a generic CW family show like 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, Everwood.etc. I was interested in it because it was a Superman show. I stayed interested in it because it respects the character of Superman.

Also what makes it hard to watch? I think shows have become either dark and gritty or entirely agenda pushing that a simple, family orientated TV show is now considered lame. Granted I don't care for the teenage drama aspects because as a grown man I understand that teenagers are idiots and that high school really isn't all that important in the grand scheme but naturally to teenagers it's everything.
If this was the same with everything but instead of the name Superman it was replaced with any random superhero name you can think of this would be hardly watchable imo.
It just that the writing and sort of action appeals to a younger crowd. I tried watching it, but was hit in the face with drama and CW writing. Even Superman couldn't save the show.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:10 pm

I always seen Spike as Asian ish.

Edit

https://uproxx.com/tv/john-cho-too-old- ... bebop-age/

This dude is too old to play Spike lol

https://www.avclub.com/john-cho-says-he ... 1847585068

Haohmaru
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:46 pm

I like John Cho but I agree that he looks too old to be Spike. I'll give it a shot. The anime comparisons are going to be inevitable even if you want to go into it with an open mind. All I want is a good produced show.
I hope that Netflix paid a little more attention to the details and CGI compared to let's say Flash tv show.

killacross
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:38 pm

As someone who is objective
... It doesn't look too good

Not the costumes... The show.
I never understood the popularity... I've even watched it again as an adult and dont get it

Flame away

killacross
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:16 pm

Shit is fucking ridiculous

At work for 13 hrs now. This doc HAS to be approved today

.. They were nowhere near prepared. And this was corporate level visibility

.. Gonna put a big change to this bullshit

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:07 am

killacross wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:38 pm
As someone who is objective
... It doesn't look too good

Not the costumes... The show.
I never understood the popularity... I've even watched it again as an adult and dont get it

Flame away
I am not super into Cowboy Bebop either. Shinichiro Watanabe warned over a year ago that he just submitted notes to them and has no idea if they used them. He also said he hopes it's good but warned it could not be and that people should direct complaints to Sunrise not him. He has no control

The character of Gren is gonna be non-binary in the live action apparently. Wasn't he just gay in the original? Or just implied to be gay? Gren was a minor character in the original and is now getting elevated to major reoccurring character...why?

Let's see what they do with Ed.

Cane_The9lives
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:15 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:31 am

Digital Masta wrote:
The character of Gren is gonna be non-binary in the live action apparently. Wasn't he just gay in the original? Or just implied to be gay? Gren was a minor character in the original and is now getting elevated to major reoccurring character...why?

Let's see what they do with Ed.
Gren was a significant expansion of Spike's past as a tie between him and Vicious, the show is probably adding more depth with his character for that reason.(And yeah, Trans is in...no shocker there)

He was also visually/physically androgynous due to the drugs he was subjected to(breast development, slender features, etc....) so a Non binary actor is not much of a stretch. As to the classification of "Major" character, I don't think they will expand him that much but who knows.
He's gonna die at some point, just depends how long the show lasts

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:44 am

So my province and country is trying to enforce a vaccine passport. May as well let the Taliban take over and call the county Afghanistan.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Key and Peele is making Gold comedy: https://youtu.be/TyZSBqQ813c

xandorxerxes
Posts: 619
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:37 pm

San Goku wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:44 am
So my province and country is trying to enforce a vaccine passport. May as well let the Taliban take over and call the county Afghanistan.
Requiring vaccines has been standard practice for travelling to different parts of the world for decades.

Haohmaru
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:13 am

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:07 pm

https://youtu.be/2eJMG136s1o

Is this the new GoT replacement.

I love Rosemund Pike, but for some reason she looks totally out of place. It's like she's a modern day woman transported to medieval times.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:47 pm

xandorxerxes wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:37 pm
San Goku wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:44 am
So my province and country is trying to enforce a vaccine passport. May as well let the Taliban take over and call the county Afghanistan.
Requiring vaccines has been standard practice for travelling to different parts of the world for decades.
Yes for other countries I agree. It wasn't a requirement for Africa and India for example but highly recommended and even then you could still go.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:03 pm

New Marvel Game: https://youtu.be/GyM100NsYaE

Blade, Wolverine and Ghost Rider look lit.

Digital Masta
Posts: 631
Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:56 pm

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:37 am

Haohmaru wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:07 pm
https://youtu.be/2eJMG136s1o

Is this the new GoT replacement.

I love Rosemund Pike, but for some reason she looks totally out of place. It's like she's a modern day woman transported to medieval times.
Wheel of Time has a large fanbase but the cultural phenomenon that was GoT will likely not be seen for a while. One of the things it had going for it was HBO which is basically the first network to elevate the TV show game with The Sopranos, The Wire, etc.

San Goku
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:41 am

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:14 am

Digital Masta wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:37 am
Haohmaru wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:07 pm
https://youtu.be/2eJMG136s1o

Is this the new GoT replacement.

I love Rosemund Pike, but for some reason she looks totally out of place. It's like she's a modern day woman transported to medieval times.
Wheel of Time has a large fanbase but the cultural phenomenon that was GoT will likely not be seen for a while. One of the things it had going for it was HBO which is basically the first network to elevate the TV show game with The Sopranos, The Wire, etc.

I agree with you DM but Amazon has started to make a great track record for itself with shows now. I look forward to this show.

Speaking of GoT. https://www.hbo.com/house-of-the-dragon

When does this come out? Doesn't say on the official site just 'coming soon'

killacross
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:22 am

Haohmaru wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:07 pm
https://youtu.be/2eJMG136s1o

Is this the new GoT replacement.

I love Rosemund Pike, but for some reason she looks totally out of place. It's like she's a modern day woman transported to medieval times.
...Rosemund Pike makes me so uncomfortable regardless of the role after Gone Girl. Amazing work in that she type-casted herself in my mind...but I am always anticipating a psychotic plot twist

I hope I never meet her in person

killacross
Posts: 709
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:00 am
Location: NC, USA

Re: There we go

Post by killacross » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:23 am

San Goku wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:47 pm
Yes for other countries I agree. It wasn't a requirement for Africa and India for example but highly recommended and even then you could still go.
Ahh yes...the beautiful monolithic, country of Africa :(

Post Reply