There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

That actually made me chuckle
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watched ep 6 of Cobra Kai yesterday and laughed my ass off at some scenes. Again, such a great show and I'm almost finished the season.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Bob Saget dead at 65.

Also for the first time ever (I believe), the top 10 adult graphic novels in America are ALL manga.

This goes to show you how dead American comics are. With the exception of the crowdfunded stuff that actually makes books that people want to read, American comics is dead. The big 2 are dead because all they do is put out woke trash and hire diversity hires that push agenda and have such shit ability that they couldn't even write a coloring book.

Meanwhile, these idiot comic pros are out here saying that because of this comics are thriving in America. No, they're not. Manga is but nobody is buying the shit stuff you guys make.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

RIP Bob Saget

Speaking of woke trash I finished the He-Man show yesterday, gave my thumbs down. I was curious about the "official" reception was on the show. Wiki is saying the reception was generally positive and a 7/10 Lmfao fucking liars. Try to rewrite history and cover up for Kevin Smith.

The All Valley tournament was epic, gave you an 80's feel but you can tell it's not about just reliving the past. The outcome of the winners and deception was unexpected. They really thought this through on Cobra Kai.

Kimetsu no Yaiba and Shingeki no Kyojin were awesome this week too! Never read the Manga so looking forward to the ending of all the Titan stuff.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Bob Saget....WOW
While I didnt watch Fullhouse growing up...still respect a cultural icon

I'm guessing it was the ol suicide route -- they said no foul play, no drugs suspected

Hollywood/fame is a sad place
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Nah I don't think it was that (I'll probably be wrong) but he seemed to be in a good place. He was doing his podcast and comedy tours.

Official Bel Air trailer out: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYjR5HRISA ... hare_sheet

Got Will Smith stamp of approval as well.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I hope Novak Djokovic plays in the Australian Open if he wants to. It was good to see Kyrie Irving play with the Brooklyn Nets in basketball.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:30 am Also for the first time ever (I believe), the top 10 adult graphic novels in America are ALL manga.
I wonder how much of that is the people younger than us who had their childhood comics be things like the Shonen big 3 as opposed to Spider-Man. I grew up with X-Men, and recognizing my own inherent bias towards them (and therefore Marvel over DC) makes me wonder if support for American comics was eroded at its base decades ago and is being fully realized now.

Is there a site like these manga compilation sites for American comics? I couldn't tell you what American comics even exist. Lots of free manga out there too, I wonder if that helps or hurts their sales.
San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:22 pm I hope Novak Djokovic plays in the Australian Open if he wants to. It was good to see Kyrie Irving play with the Brooklyn Nets in basketball.
Djokovic is a giant asshole, especially in relation to COVID, and it really annoys me that he's as good as he is. This time though (and with my limited understanding) it sounds like Australia fucked up and tried to fix it last minute at his expense, and not that he's just being a giant asshole again.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^^ Booooo Novak should and will be considered the Harriet Tubman of this time along with Kyrie Irving. Not just Australia fucking up, U.S, Canada, France, etc.

Lmao why does it annoy you that he good (God tier player)?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:55 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:30 am Also for the first time ever (I believe), the top 10 adult graphic novels in America are ALL manga.
I wonder how much of that is the people younger than us who had their childhood comics be things like the Shonen big 3 as opposed to Spider-Man. I grew up with X-Men, and recognizing my own inherent bias towards them (and therefore Marvel over DC) makes me wonder if support for American comics was eroded at its base decades ago and is being fully realized now.
Do you mean illegal sites? Yeah, there are. There are also legal sites that you pay for where you can get digital comics. Sure manga bit into the pie significantly but considering that we live in the age of superhero films, you'd think that this would translate to sales a little bit and it doesn't at all. Even with the issues going on with the films people still recognize the big names and there is a disconnect between the films and the comics. If I'm a normie mom and I just saw Avengers Endgame and then I go and look for a Captain America comic and see "gay, homeless, wannabe Cap" (not a joke) I might get a bit confused.

It really is because the art is trash and the writing is even worse. They pander to a base that doesn't buy comics and doesn't care about these comics. Hell, even all the half-naked cosplayers that have suddenly popped up over the past 10 years don't care about these comics or characters. They just want to look hot in their costumes.

There was a consistent base of regular comic book buyers that the big 2 just decided to tell to fuck off.

Speaking of being sidelined, I just finished Witcher season 2. I haven't read the books and I haven't played the games and even I could see how they really sidelined Geralt and Henry Cavill this season for focusing more on the ladies, despite the fact that Cavill is still the main reason why people watch the show. Apparently, they started taking some serious liberties with the story as well.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

That interview with CDC Director from Bret Bar was disastrous. Talk about fudging numbers lol.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:37 pm
Do you mean illegal sites? Yeah, there are. There are also legal sites that you pay for where you can get digital comics. Sure manga bit into the pie significantly but considering that we live in the age of superhero films, you'd think that this would translate to sales a little bit and it doesn't at all. Even with the issues going on with the films people still recognize the big names and there is a disconnect between the films and the comics. If I'm a normie mom and I just saw Avengers Endgame and then I go and look for a Captain America comic and see "gay, homeless, wannabe Cap" (not a joke) I might get a bit confused.

It really is because the art is trash and the writing is even worse. They pander to a base that doesn't buy comics and doesn't care about these comics. Hell, even all the half-naked cosplayers that have suddenly popped up over the past 10 years don't care about these comics or characters. They just want to look hot in their costumes.

There was a consistent base of regular comic book buyers that the big 2 just decided to tell to fuck off.

Speaking of being sidelined, I just finished Witcher season 2. I haven't read the books and I haven't played the games and even I could see how they really sidelined Geralt and Henry Cavill this season for focusing more on the ladies, despite the fact that Cavill is still the main reason why people watch the show. Apparently, they started taking some serious liberties with the story as well.
The biggest retarded decision ever was to cater to the lbgt community. Making all them super heroes gay bi or whatever. As if that was going to save your comics.

Are you sure about what happened with the Witcher. I haven't watched season 2 yet, but from everyone interview I've watched Henry Cavill told the interviewers that he wanted the story to be as close to the books as it could. He had a lot of say in it from what I understand.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Plan on watching The Witcher season 2 tonight or this week.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:37 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:37 pm

The biggest retarded decision ever was to cater to the lbgt community. Making all them super heroes gay bi or whatever. As if that was going to save your comics.

Are you sure about what happened with the Witcher. I haven't watched season 2 yet, but from everyone interview I've watched Henry Cavill told the interviewers that he wanted the story to be as close to the books as it could. He had a lot of say in it from what I understand.
It's just what book readers have said, I haven't read the books so I don't know.

Oh, and apparently the viewership for season 2 has taken a nosedive as well. And the rotten tomatoes critic to audience score is almost the opposite of season 1. Season 1 had a lower critic score and a higher audience score whereas season 2 is the opposite.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Caught some of senate committee hearing with Faucci and the CDC Director, very interesting conversation.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So I didn't know that Anne Rice died last month.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Just watched Eternals. Was ok I guess. The CGI was great imo. I really like what they did with the speed chick compared to other movies out there. I'm looking at you DC.
So I read that's blade at the end and Dane becomes the Black Knight. Never heard of him before.

Is it me or is this phase of marvel just not that enjoyable/interesting anymore.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:29 am Kimetsu no Yaiba and Shingeki no Kyojin were awesome this week too! Never read the Manga so looking forward to the ending of all the Titan stuff.
It's very easy to get hyped about SnK. I always try to temper my expectations just in case.
San Goku wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:19 pm Lmao why does it annoy you that he good (God tier player)?
Because he's an asshole of assholes. There are plenty of professional sports players who are assholes, combative/competitive mindsets can be beneficial for winning... but he's both one of the more talented players in sports and one of the biggest assholes. I wish he had someone at his level to keep his wins in check like Nadal/Federer did, but he doesn't so he's going to get called the best and it annoys me because... asshole.
killacross

Post by killacross »

DM

how goes the cologne search? I won't let it go...it's too much fun.

My newest banger:

Bleu de Chanel -- Smells fan-fucking-tastic!! It projects!! And it lasts for a good 6-7 hrs!! Seriously I have had the Ax commercial treatment with this...so many women have noticed.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:26 pm DM

how goes the cologne search? I won't let it go...it's too much fun.

My newest banger:

Bleu de Chanel -- Smells fan-fucking-tastic!! It projects!! And it lasts for a good 6-7 hrs!! Seriously I have had the Ax commercial treatment with this...so many women have noticed.
Forgot to mention this one the last time. Got it recommended and thought I'd buy it. Glad I did. It's one of my favorites.
I hear creed aventus is great as well. I'm not willing to pay 250+ for a parfum though.