There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

What do you guys think of episode 1 of GoT?

Felt good to be watching new GoT again. I enjoyed episode 1 overall. I'm looking forward to the next episodes. I never read the books but I feel this prequel ties in with the original series as The King talked about Fire and Ice and to watch out about the dark forces during the winter. I wonder how that important information about the world ending got lost.

I rolled my eyes at the whole she's a women thing and can't rule because she's a women. They already did that in the original series and had 2 women rule for a period of time.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

San Goku wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:33 pm
I rolled my eyes at the whole she's a women thing and can't rule because she's a women. They already did that in the original series and had 2 women rule for a period of time.
Gotta remember this is a prequel SAN and that literally never happened in 100 years of Targaryen rule.
This particular conflict arose from her being appointed heir apparent.

The part i rolled my eyes at was the shoehorning in of the prince who was promised prophecy. The original show-runners completely axed that in GOT and I honestly don't have the patience for it anymore.

Solid 7/10 Opener for me. Not much in the way of exposition or character building, but then again its just the first episode.
I am liking the Actress playing Rhaenyra, that last shot of her at her Royal Investiture was particularly good within context(every promo included it, so it wasn't new) the emotion in her face was striking. She is absolutely terrified.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I heard they did the whole prophecy thing and that doesn't make sense. This whole incident is independent of anything that goes on in GoT. There is really no reason to connect them in that way. Not everything has to revolve around the original show.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I mean you can quite literally argue and win that the most badass character in GoT is a women.

@Cane you always find excuses for the Trudeau humankind not mankind, WEF, Hollywood, alphabet woke ppl lol. They could have been more creative other than I'm a white woman and men are holding me back. Yes I agree solid 7/10.

Question how many Targaryen are fire resistant like Daenerys?
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I honestly have no idea, with how the Supreme court is now, what the result will be, but maybe there's hope that this move by Texas will finally remove that shitstain of a national motto the US has had since the 50's and return it to the original national motto of E pluribus unum
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

San Goku wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:01 am

@Cane you always find excuses for the Trudeau humankind not mankind, WEF, Hollywood, alphabet woke ppl lol. They could have been more creative other than I'm a white woman and men are holding me back. Yes I agree solid 7/10.
This era of the Targaryen royal history has already been written San, they're not inventing shit as some sort of veiled nod to excessive female empowerment.(Like GOT has ever shied away from that) Rhaenyra was the first woman to lay signifcant claim to the throne and trust me, this story couldn't be further from a "Women good, men bad" cheap politically charged narrative.

This is Game Of Thrones, many ignominious betrayals and deaths are soon to follow pitting man vs man, woman vs woman, man vs woman, sister vs sister in law, sister vs half brother, etc.....this is what people love about George RR Martin's stories.

It's just too bad the man hardly seems concerned with his core narrative anymore, and all we get to enjoy is his cash-ins.
San Goku wrote: Question how many Targaryen are fire resistant like Daenerys?
None that I know of, Dany was special.

Aerion Targaryen literally drank wildfire because he thought it would transform him into a dragon.

It didn't end well.......
killacross

Post by killacross »

I've developed this jew game that I play

Get a telemarketer call.. Do whatever to get to a human

Let them start talking... "Hold on hold on one second" ... Then hit the mic mute button

Come back in 10 secs

Let them start talking again... "Hold on hold on one second, I am so sorry about this" ... Then hit the mic mute button

They get MAD!!

My wife thinks it's childish.. But it is absolutely hilarious to me
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:43 am I've developed this jew game that I play
Do jewish people do this?

8-)

Guys with the Bleach final arc coming in October. I was thinking about how crazy it is that I started reading Bleach in 2003-2004 when I was a freshman in college. Back when we used to get super quality scanlations and they hadn't caught up to the manga yet and it was still the Soul Society arc.

Coming up on 20 years of Bleach being in my life. It's funny watching people talk about watching Bleach and how they are excited for the Thousand Year Blood arc because Bleach was a big part of their childhood. Meanwhile for us it was part of the end of childhood and the beginning of adulthood.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Goddamn you cellphone!!

But that makes it even funnier!!!

Edit
*deep breath, sit down, big sigh*
This is gonna be hard...

I would like to take this chance to say I've reconsidered my earlier mistake and want to confirm with everyone that I am not an antisemite love people of the Jewish faith and heritage. If I have hurt anyone in any way from my typo I deeply and sincerely apologize.

I can do better.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:53 pm Goddamn you cellphone!!

But that makes it even funnier!!!

Edit
*deep breath, sit down, big sigh*
This is gonna be hard...

I would like to take this chance to say I've reconsidered my earlier mistake and want to confirm with everyone that I am not an antisemite love people of the Jewish faith and heritage. If I have hurt anyone in any way from my typo I deeply and sincerely apologize.

I can do better.
Fuck you killa, apologize for using the N-word first
killacross

Post by killacross »

Fuck you on?
NIggers don't approve my loans
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:59 pm Fuck you on?
NIggers don't approve my loans
Very true :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edit

If ya'll never watched that movie The Banker by Anthony Mackie check it out since you brought up loans. Killa you need to be giving out loans.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Very good movie but didn't finish...

Bankers deny his loan? F that, he buys the bank
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Lets see if I can cheese the government for some free money
killacross

Post by killacross »

I can't wait to get my $10k college stimulus check

I mean... I didn't have student loans because I didn't qualify and worked 3 jobs while being a full time student...

Also, I got a degree in engineering and not criminal justice and graphic design

Also, I've avoided [most] debt and don't have a car loan or multiple mortgages or credit card debt

... But I'd sell a vote or 2 or 3 for $10, $20, $30k

Now the analysis has come back. Essentially forgiving $10k will be meaningless in 2 years (causes inflation that gets absorbed as the economy grows while the extra spending and cash flow slows - especially if payments resume next year) ... And the debt is expected to be even higher in 5
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Guys want a good joke?

Watch Mark Zuckerberg on Joe Rogan: https://youtu.be/BN3PIGLDscQ
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Finland PM Smash or Pass?