There we go

xandorxerxes

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 am Fuck the NBA suspending all games indefinitely because Rudy Gobert contracted it.
Out of curiosity - is this a "Fuck! The NBA suspending all games..." or a "Fuck the NBA! Suspending all gammes..."

Edit: I missed that we're officially in a bear market now.

Edit #2: NCAA tournament canceled, NHL suspends season, MLB cancels the rest of spring training and delays start of season.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

xandorxerxes wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:57 pm
San Goku wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:44 am Fuck the NBA suspending all games indefinitely because Rudy Gobert contracted it.
Out of curiosity - is this a "Fuck! The NBA suspending all games..." or a "Fuck the NBA! Suspending all gammes..."

Edit: I missed that we're officially in a bear market now.

Edit #2: NCAA tournament canceled, NHL suspends season, MLB cancels the rest of spring training and delays start of season.
MLS has suspended their season too. And Disneyland and Disneyworld are closed as well while movies are getting delayed. Also it's 2 Jazz players that contracted it now.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Almost all european soccer leagues are on suspension as well. Exponential growth folks, cases double every 4 days
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I think China fudge their numbers and didn't tell us how much people were dying. Probably in the millions.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:55 pm Probably in the millions.

Not even China could hide that.

Anyway, so I watched Sonic today. I enjoyed it.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:59 pm
San Goku wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:55 pm Probably in the millions.

Not even China could hide that.

Anyway, so I watched Sonic today. I enjoyed it.
I actually watched Sonic this week too (on Monday). I liked it a lot! I hope we get to see more of his home planet in the sequel. Did a good job at conveying Sonic's powers and super speed.

100's of thousands is more reasonable.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Hope you all stock up on items. Wal-Mart was crazy this morning.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

So i'm like 50% certain that my younger brother is sick with COVID-19, but a very mild case. The problem is that there are almost no test kits in Colorado anymore and so he wasn't tested because he's hardly sick. They did give him some codeine, so probably should make some purple drank.

Also, booked my flight home to Maui for a week a month ago, just checked, literally the same flight with the seats right next to my booked seats, is $425 round trip... United is currently going $280 round trip from denver to Kahului
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

superbob wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:56 am So i'm like 50% certain that my younger brother is sick with COVID-19, but a very mild case. The problem is that there are almost no test kits in Colorado anymore and so he wasn't tested because he's hardly sick. They did give him some codeine, so probably should make some purple drank.

Also, booked my flight home to Maui for a week a month ago, just checked, literally the same flight with the seats right next to my booked seats, is $425 round trip... United is currently going $280 round trip from denver to Kahului
Old teacher posted that a 6 day round trip flight from Chicago to Orlando costs $58 next month. Also saw someone said they booked a flight and paid more for luggage fees than for themselves.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Yo I just finished Castlevania season 3.

[SHOW]
This was the "Empire Strikes Back" season where everyone gets fucked...except Issac.

From their introduction Sumi and Taka just crept me out and their relationship with Alucard was also making me uncomfortable so when episode 9 happened I was like..."Yup, bound to happen." I did think though that the Taka/Sumi reasoning for betraying Alucard was kinda thin.

Man, they just keep taking a huge dump on the poor guy. He's slowly losing it but does he end up becoming a big bad? I hope not seeing as he's still a good 300 years from his Symphony of the Night version of himself.

His story kinda sucked. Although that last scene.

Hector...oh Hector. We all knew what Lenore was doing and Hector fell right into the trap. Granted she is fond of him but still sucks to be him. Although I suspect/hope the fact that those rings are all connected eventually come to bite them all in the ass and he uses that to his advantage.

But hey Hector...it ain't all bad. You get to live in the lap of luxury while banging a super hot vampire woman. Yeah, it's a very awful situation but you know...silver linings and all that.

Trevor and Sypha...well they officially banging now. I'm waiting for her to get pregnant and officially introduce magic wielding into the Belmont bloodline.

Sypha is such a badass and it will be interesting to see how Trevor picks up back up after she's just lost hope by the end of the season.

I also still think this show has a problem with pacing. It moves so slow.

The Judge twist was stupid
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Yet my flight from Hartford to Atlanta are as expensive as ever ($300 round trip). Stupid Bradley. That's even on Delta too, where Atlanta is their dang headquarters.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Looks like my ski season is done for a while, just about every ski resort in colorado has closed due to COVID
killacross

Post by killacross »

guess my inlaws did something right...they stock piled toilet paper while they were here (at the time, I just thought "HOW CAN TWO PEOPLE USE SO MUCH?!)

...for the 3 of us...we probably have a 6 month supply
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

killacross wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:25 am guess my inlaws did something right...they stock piled toilet paper while they were here (at the time, I just thought "HOW CAN TWO PEOPLE USE SO MUCH?!)

...for the 3 of us...we probably have a 6 month supply
lmao
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

With with my school district shut down till April(possibly longer), I have a lot more free time on my hands. Let me tell ya that shit was surreal, the superintendent herself sent out a personalized robo call across the board, which was for the most part superfluous and time consuming considering we had been flooded with calls and reminders for weeks that this decision was most likely coming down the pike.

I'll be fine financially, I'm not hurting for money at the moment and the administration is currently attempting to expand our online e-course infrastructure. What I'm really worried about is my students, many of whom rely on the food programs the school provides that they will no longer be funding. The wife works from home (I'm not ashamed to say she makes considerably more than I do) and she's been busying herself for days seeing what money she can allocate to local food banks. Some of these kids are really underprivileged and it just rips her heart in two.

This has officially jumped the shark into crazy-ville.
Parents are freaked, I had a conversation with a mortified single mother of an asthma sufferer who was considering pulling her son out permanently when(or if) session recommenced and literally wanted me to swear on the safety precautions currently being implemented, of which naturally I could not do. I've never been the best at mollifying the fears of others, especially in times of crisis. My father was a physician so you would think I would have picked up some kernel of his bedside manner and altruism, but I honestly fee like I failed. This woman was on the verge of tears and as an educator it's my responsibility to reassure her that the safety of her child is of the highest priority and I feel like I scored an own goal of inadequacy.

I just cant give false promises and empty pledges, in my opinion that's more immoral than a lie.
While I did everything I could to assuage her reservations and emphasize that safety is the only thing our district is concerned about, I stopped short of swearing to everything she wanted me to.

Was I wrong? Should I have just told her what she wanted to hear in order to provide some temporary(albeit possibly false) respite from the hysteria?
I've been slightly downplaying this virus since day one, telling my students to be safe but not histrionic....I'm starting to feel like I made a huge mistake. Panic and overreaction is never a good response to anything, but fear from a biological and evolutionary standpoint can be beneficial when it's measured, I just pray I haven't been fostering a sense of under-reaction.

I'm still a relative greenhorn, I don't have the same feathers in my cap as most of my other colleagues and I know I've made mistakes in the past and present. I just hope I can overcome my personal doubts and do everything I can for my school and community.

My wife is my rock right now, god bless that woman.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:11 am I just cant give false promises and empty pledges, in my opinion that's more immoral than a lie.
While I did everything I could to assuage her reservations and emphasize that safety is the only thing our district is concerned about, I stopped short of swearing to everything she wanted me to.

Was I wrong? Should I have just told her what she wanted to hear in order to provide some temporary(albeit possibly false) respite from the hysteria?
I've been slightly downplaying this virus since day one, telling my students to be safe but not histrionic....I'm starting to feel like I made a huge mistake. Panic and overreaction is never a good response to anything, but fear from a biological and evolutionary standpoint can be beneficial when it's measured, I just pray I haven't been fostering a sense of under-reaction.

I'm still a relative greenhorn, I don't have the same feathers in my cap as most of my other colleagues and I know I've made mistakes in the past and present. I just hope I can overcome my personal doubts and do everything I can for my school and community.

My wife is my rock right now, god bless that woman.
You saved yourself and your school a lawsuit. Doctors do not make the guarantees she was asking for, I don't know how you would make that guarantee either. Best you can say is that you (and the school, but I'd stick to just yourself in case they aren't) are doing everything you can.

You might also be surprised at the number of doctors with absolute shit bedside manner. It's one of the things my SO does well, she gets tons of patient comments about how "Dr. so and so said this" that make her wide-eyed. Gives her some fun stories though. That and call-ins. That you tried to ease her fears at all and explain everything makes you better than at least a small population of physicians, so... there's that.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Guys.. I'm going to hell

My neighbor's dog ran away.

Without the little girl to keep it in line.. I chuckled.. Then felt bad... Then chuckled again
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So my sister was planning to have her 30th birthday party this weekend. She put a lot of time and effort into planning, spent A LOT of $$$$$ but looks like it's either going to cancel or be postponed but it's not happening this weekend.

Also, Tom Brady is leaving the Patriots.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Boston on suicide watch after not getting to celebrate St. Patrick's day and Brady leaving the Patriots

also

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^^ that .gif is perfect.