There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Haohmaru wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:54 pm That's why you put enough deodorant on to make it through the day or you bring more with you. Parfum isn't deodorant for gods sake.
My experience with Indian people is that deodorant isn't really a thing. I have worked with some Indians that use it -- but the overwhelming majority did not. Also...depending on the diet (garlic, cumin, curry, etc etc etc) -- some of them just had really strong odors of food. Not necessarily a bad thing -- but not what I want to smell at 8am either.
San Goku wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:06 pm Someone should have a female co-worker politely tell her or bring deodorant at work and pretend that you just noticed and hand her one said you had an extra on you.
You sir would be sued ina heartbeat
...Instead -- you disqualify them for other, unrelated reasons

Personally -- I dislike working with Indian people in my industry. Again, overwhelming majority have an incredibly arrogant and entitled attitude. Granted, they generally have more degrees than me -- but they say dumb shit like -- "You can't possibly be an engineer if you don't at least have a Masters" -- But then when they get their masters compared to accredited schools in the US -- their masters are generally considered equivalent to a bachelors.

I have had similar experiences with Eastern Asians -- but they make up such a small percentage when compared to others. My experience with pharma is that :
-White men hold "intellectual positions" [typically all of the process, equipment, validation, maintenance engineers] and "leadership" positions [CEOs, plant managers, dept heads]
-White women hold the "administrative" positions [working in the office]
-Black men are overwhelmingly in the "general labor" positions - working on the production line, the warehouses, and equipment operators
-Black women hold the "floor supervisor" positions
-Hispanic men are not really visible except on the construction crews when sites are built or expand
-Hispanic women are sprinkled throughout in technical positions...but not leadership
-Asian men are not really visible (I think I know 2-3 in my 10+ year career and over multiple sites)
-Asian women are concentrated in the chemistry labs...but a few are in the micro labs
-Indians specifically (men and women) are generally allllllll throughout the IT dept and automation dept...or in project management positions

If I break down my current company, it's probably close:
-White men (5%)
-White women (4%)
-Black men (60%)
-Black women (15%)
-Hispanic men (2%)
-Hispanic women (5%)
-Asian men (1%)
-Asian women (3%)
-Indians (5%)

I have a saying that I use often when meeting new people at plants. "All pharma sites are the same...just different". It means -- the different sites operate very similarly...and the same positions/depts attract the same personality types...I wonder why that is?
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

It's not only deodorant, but also armpit hair. A lot of people don't groom themselves.
You don't expect some deodorant to help you when you have a whole bush. That needs at least a wash.
But like you said, your diet is a big factor. I eat a lof of garlic and herbs as well, but I never smell. You need to wash your body and take care of it. Also it helps if you don't wear stuff that make your sweat stink. Like polyester. Cotton is the way to go.
killacross

Post by killacross »

there's a genetic component as well
...Asians have the fewest (smelly sweat) glands...blacks actually have the most. And yes - the hair catches/traps the bacterial that causes odor. The body and genetics is just so interesting in general. I remember reading an article about how you can tell someone's race/ethnicity based strictly off of their ear wax.

Anyway -- you bathe to clean the glands and kill the bacteria. Then you can use deodorants to block the odor or anti-perspirants to stop the sweat production.

It's just like DM said -- it's hard to find certain products that westerners are used to in Japan/China/Korea -- because there isn't a huge market for it in countries that are 99% homogenous.

With my last company - and all the traveling I did around Europe. Deodorant isn't a thing in other countries too. I remember the flight on Air France. DELICIOUS croissants as the in flight snack...but the cute girl that sat beside me until she crossed by me and I caught a whiff. I can't even describe the pungent aroma except to say it wasn't fishy....in Sweden they stank, Germany they stank, France they stank, Italy they smelled fine except the one guy -- oh, and the TONS of Africans hanging around the train terminal smelled horrible. You could smell them downwind for a 1/4 mile.

The best thing all the Europeans had going for them was that they could smell like BO at times...but they weren't obese so they didn't really sweat a lot. One of the girls on the trip with us laughed about how confident the men were talking/flirting with her but smelling so foul.
Last edited by killacross on Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Yeah, no offense, but most of the black people I've encountered in my life had a strong body odor.
As for the black women I've been with in my life sorry to say, all except for one (5 in total) had such a strong smell. One of em I couldn't even fuck her twice. I was like nope not going through this again.
A good friend of mine who's Moroccan told me it has to do with skin type as well.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm Yeah, no offense, but most of the black people I've encountered in my life had a strong body odor.
As for the black women I've been with in my life sorry to say, all except for one (5 in total) had such a strong smell. One of em I couldn't even fuck her twice. I was like nope not going through this again.
A good friend of mine who's Moroccan told me it has to do with skin type as well.
Gave me a flashback of high-school this one girl I was about to lay the pipe down and one whiff made me take a pause lol. Although it was slightly different it was more the puss.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm Yeah, no offense, but most of the black people I've encountered in my life had a strong body odor.
Considering you're in Europe I'd imagine most of the black people you encounter are closer to Africa culturally than black Americans are.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:19 pm
Considering you're in Europe I'd imagine most of the black people you encounter are closer to Africa culturally than black Americans are.
Yup! His experience must have been completely different with black interactions as opposed to black Americans or I would say black Caribbeans. Generalizing, cause I'd imagine that first Gen Britts whose parents are from Africa would probably be like me.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

@killa it's actually in some companies company policy for their employees to come to work not smelling like shit surprisingly. Some companies are smart enough to have the foresight into this uncomfortable discussion. So if this issue comes up its easy to have without no retaliation.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

@DM, actually most of the black people in the Netherlands are from Suriname, which used to be a colony of the Netherlands.
1 one the chicks was from there. The other girls were also South-American. Aruba and Colombia. One of them I didn't even ask. She was actually the one who didn't smell, but she was a working girl. So yeah we didn't come to that topic he he

@San, I don't even remember if it was just her pussy. It probably was or else I wouldn't have gone third base.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Man Demon Slayer anime is consistently delivering epic episodes. This Upper level 6 demon reminds me of the siamese twins in the Chunim exam, forgot their names.

@killa with the race breakdown

I remember when the whole George Floyd murder went down. My company was all ya let's stand up against black violence blah blah blah, what can we do. Me, well there are NO qualified black MALE senior managers or executives in position and I've been with the company more than 5 years at the time. No real reply on changing that obvious fact smfh. Maybe I should have specified more and said straight black alpha male in senior management or executive role.
killacross

Post by killacross »

In a world before covid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UUThqySx58

...this shit had me rolling
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

For what it's worth I didn't think people London or Reykjavik smelled bad at all, but maybe my olfactory senses are just dead.

The water in Iceland though, that shit smelled like nasty sulfur.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

My Dior sample arrived today. Took a wif and it smells quite nice.
killacross

Post by killacross »

who gives a fuck what you think?
...Tell us about the ladies

My samples arrive Tuesday/Wednesday

Then I should have my completed collection. Next up is to rank them...then replace the bottom 3-5.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:21 pm who gives a fuck what you think?
...Tell us about the ladies

My samples arrive Tuesday/Wednesday

Then I should have my completed collection. Next up is to rank them...then replace the bottom 3-5.
I can tell you this much, being in Japan the only ladies that will say anything will be my girlfriend, possibly women at work (but these aren't typical Japanese women as they all speak English) and my students...and not the adult students...well maybe the older women (50+ years old) because they are past the age of giving a fuck but it probably the little girls lol. Japanese aren't typically gonna be so open about approaching a guy they don't know to tell him how good he smells. I will likely hear them quietly speaking to each other saying "Wow, he smells nice." because they think I can't understand them. But who knows?

Years ago I was working at a junior high school and this one girl, who was about 14-15 at the time (damn...she's gotta be like 28 now) would always stand RIGHT BEHIND ME, like uncomfortably close to me, and smell me because I smelled nice (and that was just deodorant). lol She was a sweet girl, just a little odd.

Also, unrelated but after some research, I pulled the trigger on this guy:

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-BN801-Prof ... 859&sr=8-2

Because I can feel my current Ninja blender getting weaker and I need it to do more (I wanted a separate food processor part)

and this guy:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NS ... UTF8&psc=1

I have added two more youtube channels to my cooking adventures:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn5fhc ... FibPbT6q1A

And

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDq5v1 ... -ZBIJJFbzQ

With these two appliance upgrades I plan on making damn near everything I can using them.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Cooking is super dope -- and is another cheat code to making the panties drop
but SERIOUSLY, be careful with that pressure cooker

those type are dangerous because they sometimes allow you to open the unit without cooling properly!!!! The combination of super hot + the instant pressure drop causes an explosion of molten food
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:17 am Cooking is super dope -- and is another cheat code to making the panties drop
but SERIOUSLY, be careful with that pressure cooker

those type are dangerous because they sometimes allow you to open the unit without cooling properly!!!! The combination of super hot + the instant pressure drop causes an explosion of molten food
Yeah, so far in my research everyone is saying to make sure you release the valve and let it cool. But I think I'll mainly be looking at the air frying, sauteing, and broiling functions. Basically, because I have an incredibly small "kitchen" it will replace mainly my toaster oven and even act as my stove if need be.

I also plan to bake bread and other things in it.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

4th Dimension explanation: https://youtu.be/N0WjV6MmCyM
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Am I a bad person because I kinda get what that NBA owner said about the Uyghurs'? I mean, I'm of the same mindset in the sense that for me it's basically "What are we supposed to do? Fight with China?". I don't have any delusions about what the Chinese government is but seriously, we can't change what China does. Look, I have no problems with people and companies deciding not to deal with China because of this issue, but do you want the government to intervene in China? Bad idea.

Also, there are a couple of Scott Horton interviews where he interviews people that dug a bit more into the Uyghur situation and its stuff you don't really hear about.

https://scotthorton.org/?s=Uyghur

Of course, so many of the businesses have intertwined themselves into the Chinese economy. It would take massive balls and ethics to alienate that cash.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I want Dat Chinese cash, I want Dat American cash smartin up.