There we go

Cane_The9lives

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives »

eddieson wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:14 pm ^ I thought you already were one, but congrats Cane!
Oh lord no, we haven't been married that long and we had talked about waiting because my teaching career had just gotten underway, but with me essentially working from home and her job unchanged....we were spending much more time together than we normally do.(you all can infer the rest, I'm not going to expound upon on the details :) )

And thank you!!!
San Goku wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:22 am
Yaaaa!!! Congrats man cotdamn that kid is going to have the best English vocabulary on the planet lol. Once you have your kid you are going to ask your self why didn't I have one sooner.
Thank you!!

And if my wife has anything to say about the matter, he or she will be the most articulate gymnast the world over( she was heavy into Gymnastics at UK)
xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:27 pm
Congrats mate!
Thank you!!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:31 pm
eddieson wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:14 pm ^ I thought you already were one, but congrats Cane!
Oh lord no, we haven't been married that long and we had talked about waiting because my teaching career had just gotten underway, but with me essentially working from home and her job unchanged....we were spending much more time together than we normally do.(you all can infer the rest, I'm not going to expound upon on the details :) )

And thank you!!!
San Goku wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:22 am
Yaaaa!!! Congrats man cotdamn that kid is going to have the best English vocabulary on the planet lol. Once you have your kid you are going to ask your self why didn't I have one sooner.
Thank you!!

And if my wife has anything to say about the matter, he or she will be the most articulate gymnast the world over( she was heavy into Gymnastics at UK)
xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:27 pm
Congrats mate!
Thank you!!

Congrats...I was gonna say...somebody was busy during social distancing. I wonder how many other babies are gonna be born due to this situation.
ames

Post by ames »

if ur MIL is just on low flow oxygen and stable, discharge should be soon...i hope..sending lots of prayers to your family..
killacross wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:05 am ...my wife and I had the exact same question. We got married at 26. We were super broke, so wanted to wait a little to be financially stable. By 28 we were on the upswing. At 30, we talked about it...but I had the job that had me traveling so said let's wait a little more. By 33 we were ready. Baby was born when "we" were 34 (my daughter's birthday is between my wife's and mine -- kinda cool because mine is 4/7...Wife's is 5/22...daughter's is 5/7 -- so a little from both of us!).

Because our finances are SO secure and we actually want a #2...we were like, "Why didn't we do this sooner?".

Probably gonna start trying again at the end of the year. I am so blessed to have had a daughter, but I kinda hope, the next one is a son -- so I can compare the experiences.

SN: Not sure what they are gonna do with my MIL. She is not improving, but she is incredibly stable. She can't stay at the hospital forever. Also...she has 0 insurance (besides medicaid/medicare) and $0 in assets, so some administrator is gonna be piiiiissssssseeeeed. Honestly, I THINK/I'm pretty sure that the hospital/state doesn't come after you for parent's medical debt (they eventually go after the estate -- again $0)...but I'm kinda concerned that we claimed them as dependents last year on our taxes.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Thanks all!

They said they will be discharging her Monday/Tuesday at the latest!!
...still starting their isolation for a few weeks. The agreement was that they cannot visit until August...but I already know my wife is going to completely ignore me and do whatever her fucking family wants (<_<)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ lol having loving in-laws family is great for you.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Those mofos ALREADY tried to kill everyone else in the family....now they're coming for us!!
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Congrats Cane! I hope you have a healthy kid and the kids gets to grow old with his/her parents.
ames

Post by ames »

i dont think your wife sees it that way....glad to hear that she will be discharged soon!
killacross wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:09 am Those mofos ALREADY tried to kill everyone else in the family....now they're coming for us!!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Of course she doesn't...which is fine. The other siblings didn't see it that way either...which is why now 6/10 people are currently sick. You have a highly contagious/infectious virus...in 2 HIGHLY likely carriers who spent a lot of time around a CONFIRMED carrier...but they all did exactly 0 to protect themselves [or others]. I am the one protecting my household. My wife can be upset about it if she wants...but you know what -- we are breathing pretty easy, no fever, no diarrhea, no vomiting, no cough or runny nose etc. Hopefully, we don't catch it some other way.

Also, they took my MIL off of oxygen again yesterday. Her O2 levels plummeted again. She cannot leave yet.

It's so hard to get information because the nurses will only talk to the one sister [that admitted her to the hospital] and the mom doesn't speak any English (so she can't pass on any information). The sister essentially just says everything will be fine, keep praying (she has actually stopped talking to other family members because she's upset they keep "harassing" her for more information -- or she just obviously lies).

My educated guess is that the MIL's lungs have been damaged and we'll have to wait for a 75+ year old body to heal (which will take for-fucking-ever!). Either way, she is exactly where she needs to be. I kinda wish my FIL was there too because I hear he has started going for daily walks around the neighborhood because he was "bored" (WTGDF?). But he's been praying extra hard, so it should be fine.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Looks like my brother is going to have a 2nd kid. This child is officially a corona baby.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I believe in the power of prayer and walking around the neighborhood is not a bad idea if you are keeping your distance, maybe wear a mask. Also forgive me for not knowing the abbreviations but what is MIL/FIL again?
ames

Post by ames »

i dont think your FIL should go walking around until his isolation is over. if a backyard is a free..he can go back there for some fresh air. Congrats to all the parents to be...it is obviously too late to say pls flatten the baby making curve too..=.=;;
killacross wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:30 am Of course she doesn't...which is fine. The other siblings didn't see it that way either...which is why now 6/10 people are currently sick. You have a highly contagious/infectious virus...in 2 HIGHLY likely carriers who spent a lot of time around a CONFIRMED carrier...but they all did exactly 0 to protect themselves [or others]. I am the one protecting my household. My wife can be upset about it if she wants...but you know what -- we are breathing pretty easy, no fever, no diarrhea, no vomiting, no cough or runny nose etc. Hopefully, we don't catch it some other way.

Also, they took my MIL off of oxygen again yesterday. Her O2 levels plummeted again. She cannot leave yet.

It's so hard to get information because the nurses will only talk to the one sister [that admitted her to the hospital] and the mom doesn't speak any English (so she can't pass on any information). The sister essentially just says everything will be fine, keep praying (she has actually stopped talking to other family members because she's upset they keep "harassing" her for more information -- or she just obviously lies).

My educated guess is that the MIL's lungs have been damaged and we'll have to wait for a 75+ year old body to heal (which will take for-fucking-ever!). Either way, she is exactly where she needs to be. I kinda wish my FIL was there too because I hear he has started going for daily walks around the neighborhood because he was "bored" (WTGDF?). But he's been praying extra hard, so it should be fine.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:34 pm I believe in the power of prayer and walking around the neighborhood is not a bad idea if you are keeping your distance, maybe wear a mask. Also forgive me for not knowing the abbreviations but what is MIL/FIL again?
ames wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:58 pm i dont think your FIL should go walking around until his isolation is over. if a backyard is a free..he can go back there for some fresh air. Congrats to all the parents to be...it is obviously too late to say pls flatten the baby making curve too..=.=;;
Ames hit the nail on the head - ALWAYS wear a mask (confirmed case or not), and if you're confirmed COVID positive you stay full quarantine. Walking around the neighborhood, especially if he's not using a mask, is a giant asshat move.

We wouldn't have needed to 'shut down' the country at all if people could just do basic things. It's not hard to follow, wear a mask, distance when possible. That's it. I'm trying really hard not to hurl further insults at Killa's FIL (Father in Law, MIL=mother).
killacross wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:30 amBut he's been praying extra hard, so it should be fine.
I needed the laugh after the rest of your post, thanks.

Edit: Actually, you could just tell them that COVID is God's punishment to them for treating you and your wife like shit. That's why you don't have it. Oh, and you don't want to associate with those he's punishing until the punishment is over in x weeks.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:05 am SN: Not sure what they are gonna do with my MIL. She is not improving, but she is incredibly stable. She can't stay at the hospital forever. Also...she has 0 insurance (besides medicaid/medicare) and $0 in assets, so some administrator is gonna be piiiiissssssseeeeed. Honestly, I THINK/I'm pretty sure that the hospital/state doesn't come after you for parent's medical debt (they eventually go after the estate -- again $0)...but I'm kinda concerned that we claimed them as dependents last year on our taxes.
Double post since this is a different issue. Written at the end of 2019 by an asset management company:
The North Carolina General Statute 14-326.1 states:

“If any person being of full age, and having sufficient income after reasonably providing for his or her own immediate family shall, without reasonable cause, neglect to maintain or support his or her parent or parents, if such parent or parents be sick or not able to work and have not sufficient means or ability to maintain or support themselves, such person shall be deemed guilty of a Class 2 misdemeanor; upon conviction of a second or subsequent offense such person shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. If there be more than one person bound under the provisions of the next preceding paragraph to support the same parent or parents, they shall share equitably in the discharge of such duty.”

This law is currently not being enforced in North Carolina, but there was a recent case in Pennsylvania where a court found an adult child liable for $92,943 of a parent’s medical treatment.
There have been a slew of lawsuits from hospitals on patients who couldn't pay their bills as well lately, but individually as they've been called out by journalists they've reversed course... if you have low income.

However... (from Business Insider)
Terms and conditions: Medical providers who accept the money won't be allowed to bill patients who have COVID-19 — or are presumed to have the disease — any amount greater than what the patient would have otherwise been required to pay if the care had been given by a provider in their network. Many health insurers have already said they won't bill patients for COVID-related treatments.
And
Healthcare providers who treat people with the coronavirus — or people who are suspected to have it — and who don't have insurance can get reimbursed by the federal government. Providers who accept government reimbursement are not allowed to bill patients for the care, said Tom Engels, administrator for the Health Resources and Services Administration, on the call with reporters.
So if the hospital accepted government funds under the CARES act, they shouldn't be able to give you the full "fuck you" price (multiple parents, and as long as your MIL has been on a ventilator is easily 5 and has a chance to clear 6 figures). If the hospital pings the government to get reimbursed (I imagine when they think they can't collect), they/you won't owe anything.

What you need to worry about though (my non-legal opinion/educated? guess) is if your sister who's in charge of the mom's care (or the mom herself, upon recovery) tells the hospital that you'll pay for it instead of her and she indicates you have the means to do so. That might get lawyers sicced on you if it gets expensive enough since hospitals are bleeding money. Lawsuits from hospitals/nursing homes have been successful in at least 5 states in the past year or so from what I could find. None in NC specifically, but VA was 1 of the 5.
ames

Post by ames »

I wish people would wear a mask and wish it was not such a politicalized thing. The mask is fairly harmless and it protects you and others. Whether u believe COVID exists or not, you have nothing to lose if you wear a mask right? its not like asking everyone to walk out naked to prevent the spread of COVID..-.-;
killacross

Post by killacross »

you all misunderstand...my FIL isn't a bad person...he's just ignorant to the facts of the science. To me it is cultural again. In Nicaragua, they don't teach science...they teach faith. He has a lot of faith that God will look out for him and his family. And then it is cultural in that...if this 78 yo man says he wants to walk around the neighborhood (sans mask most likely), who are HIS CHILDREN to tell him no? The mother is similar.

I, personally, can tell him no because:
#1. I am NOT HIS child.
#2. I am taller than him by a good 7-8".
#3. I outweigh him by a solid 60-70 lbs.

I'll beat that motherfucker up!!
...the threat of physical violence has always kept order and civility in society. It's why people can have little man syndrome at work...but turn silent at the bar.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 am you all misunderstand...my FIL isn't a bad person...he's just ignorant to the facts of the science.
I don't think he is - I just think there's no excuse.
killacross wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 am I'll beat that motherfucker up!!
...the threat of physical violence has always kept order and civility in society. It's why people can have little man syndrome at work...but turn silent at the bar.
Order yes, civility is the opposite. But that's me being being pedantic. I've never been in a 'real' fight, but I do miss fighting. Maybe I'll start that back up. I don't think my stature would shut the people at the bar up though, I'm the scrawny type (just tall).
ames

Post by ames »

are there rules that say he has to wear a mask when anyone is out in the public? that might get him to comply to wearing one. Did the hospital say he has to wear one when he is outside? I understand that it is not in your place to tell him these things, but someone should. Ignorance should not be an excuse where he can potentially infect god knows how many people and those people might need hospital care and overwhelm the healthcare workers. As a healthcare provider, never in my life was I this afraid for my life where I have to write my own will and tell my loved ones what my wishes are if I ever got COVID and not make it. Never in my life did I have to lie to my parents and say, its ok mom and dad, the hospital is fine..we have enough PPE.......
killacross wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 am you all misunderstand...my FIL isn't a bad person...he's just ignorant to the facts of the science. To me it is cultural again. In Nicaragua, they don't teach science...they teach faith. He has a lot of faith that God will look out for him and his family. And then it is cultural in that...if this 78 yo man says he wants to walk around the neighborhood (sans mask most likely), who are HIS CHILDREN to tell him no? The mother is similar.

#1. I am NOT HIS child.

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

ames wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 pm are there rules that say he has to wear a mask when anyone is out in the public? that might get him to comply to wearing one. Did the hospital say he has to wear one when he is outside? I understand that it is not in your place to tell him these things, but someone should. Ignorance should not be an excuse where he can potentially infect god knows how many people and those people might need hospital care and overwhelm the healthcare workers. As a healthcare provider, never in my life was I this afraid for my life where I have to write my own will and tell my loved ones what my wishes are if I ever got COVID and not make it. Never in my life did I have to lie to my parents and say, its ok mom and dad, the hospital is fine..we have enough PPE.......
killacross wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:28 am you all misunderstand...my FIL isn't a bad person...he's just ignorant to the facts of the science. To me it is cultural again. In Nicaragua, they don't teach science...they teach faith. He has a lot of faith that God will look out for him and his family. And then it is cultural in that...if this 78 yo man says he wants to walk around the neighborhood (sans mask most likely), who are HIS CHILDREN to tell him no? The mother is similar.

#1. I am NOT HIS child.

You don't really know his FIL...oh the stories he has told. This man ain't gonna listen to anyone.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Candice Owens did a good follow up after the George Floyd post. For a smart women that was really fucking stupid putting that out there, true or not the timing was terrible. If that person was white he they would of been crucified. She slightly addressed Dave Chapelle's comments lol.