There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Took the family out to an Ostrich farm this weekend. The kids loved it (son, niece, nephew). I bought some Ostrich burgers, omelet and ground meat. I'm going to have to buy an egg one of these days.

1 Ostrich egg = 24 chicken eggs

Edit

Bezos ain't playing: https://www-bbc-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.or ... 978465.amp
killacross

Post by killacross »

I get tired of white people

Here to get my 2nd shot. I checked in via the app. This little old lady gave me this whole lecture about cut off hours for the shots and they couldn't give it to me

I explained that I had an appt. She argued with me that I didnt because she didn't know about it. I showed her my confirmation.

Then she couldn't work the computer

.. Maybe it isn't a white person thing but an old person thing
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Going to go with an old person thing there, but white people can be terrible too...
killacross

Post by killacross »

superbob wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:03 am Going to go with an old person thing there, but white people can be terrible too...
Honestly, I have no PROOF that it was race...She was incredibly nice and friendly to the 2 white people in front of me [like you'd expect from customer service in retail]. She smiled and waived goodbye to both of them...then asked "Can I help you [no smile]"? Her whole demeanor/body language changed when I said I needed shot #2. Then she gave me a "lecture". Maybe she's dealt with difficult people making a scene if they arrive late and couldn't get shots or something and was bracing for it. I just met her energy and said "Oh ok? Thank you/s -- but man are you gonna feel silly because I have an appt...and then she argued - No you don't. I said I do and showed her the app confirmation...she said she didn't get a notice. I said I made the appt 3 weeks ago...so she said she needed to check the computer to make sure [because she was messing with it the whole time]. By then...another employee stepped in to take over -- completely different energy and experience.

...If it was just about an "angry customer" or rude employee, why would she escalate the situation the way she did? It annoyed me.

Again...no concrete proof. It was the gut feeling that I got in the moment. I'm not one to play the race card about every encounter...but it honestly felt that way [because it was so out of the norm].
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I'm 4 episodes into He-Man and it's pretty much ALL about Teela. Reflecting back on the first trailer that got me hyped about He-Man. That is as close to evil as you can get with the bait and switch trap. Everyone's complaints were justified. Now if I was a kid watching this for the first time I might think it's okay but this can obviously be much better. I'll try to watch more later today.
killacross wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:25 am
superbob wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:03 am Going to go with an old person thing there, but white people can be terrible too...
Honestly, I have no PROOF that it was race...She was incredibly nice and friendly to the 2 white people in front of me [like you'd expect from customer service in retail]. She smiled and waived goodbye to both of them...then asked "Can I help you [no smile]"? Her whole demeanor/body language changed when I said I needed shot #2. Then she gave me a "lecture". Maybe she's dealt with difficult people making a scene if they arrive late and couldn't get shots or something and was bracing for it. I just met her energy and said "Oh ok? Thank you/s -- but man are you gonna feel silly because I have an appt...and then she argued - No you don't. I said I do and showed her the app confirmation...she said she didn't get a notice. I said I made the appt 3 weeks ago...so she said she needed to check the computer to make sure [because she was messing with it the whole time]. By then...another employee stepped in to take over -- completely different energy and experience.

...If it was just about an "angry customer" or rude employee, why would she escalate the situation the way she did? It annoyed me.

Again...no concrete proof. It was the gut feeling that I got in the moment. I'm not one to play the race card about every encounter...but it honestly felt that way [because it was so out of the norm].
Hhmmm because it's you, I'm inclined to believe that race could have been a factor in this situation.
Last edited by San Goku on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:18 pm https://www.dualshockers.com/bleach-new ... niversary/

I want this.
Yo this is huge! Man 20 years since Bleach first started is crazy to me.

Edit

Will Smith is going to do numbers with his new movie King Richard: https://youtu.be/UhERVJTmGBM
killacross

Post by killacross »

#1: 20 years?! Getting old is weird
#2: I don't care why...I don't care how...
I better see a gottdamn Ban Kai from Yoruichi :x :x :x :x :x :x
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Bleach was so good. After Aizen it went downhill real fast though. At the end I felt obligated to finish and was just reading it for the looks and to finish what I started.

Can Will Smith leave a black character role for someone else hahah.
Movie does look good and I really movies that are based on true stories.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

The more I think about it, the more I realize how much I love Bleach. Kubo is an incredible artist and Bleach was just fun and had some of the best moments. The final arc was so promising and it really sucks that he couldn't really end it how he ultimately wanted to with his health failing at the time and the pressure from Shueisha.

On another note..my reaction to this feud between ScarJo and Disney:

killacross

Post by killacross »

I just D/L the complete Bleach storyline. I started at the last chapter and started skimming backwards. I've forgotten so much already. Kinda excited to re-read it at some point this year (too many competing priorities).

I was coming here to comment on ScarJo as well
..I knew it before...but Disney is absolutely evil.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

What happened with Scarlett Johanson and Disney?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 am What happened with Scarlett Johanson and Disney?
Google it. Takes 3 seconds.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:00 pm
San Goku wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:28 am What happened with Scarlett Johanson and Disney?
Google it. Takes 3 seconds.

Okay
"Black Widow" marks perhaps the most significant push back thus far, setting the stage for a significant battle that promises to rewrite the rules over how stars get paid.

While Johansson received an upfront salary for starring in the movie — $20 million, according to Disney's response to the lawsuit — her complaint notes that making the film available via Disney+ enhanced the value of the streaming service but reduced box-office revenue, depriving her of "box office bonuses" that would be calculated based on what "Black Widow" earned in theaters.
Damn......

Edit

I just finished He-Man and man they really fucking hate He-Man like wtf lol.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://hypebeast.com/2021/8/bleach-20t ... tails-info

74 pages. Guys, I am super excited for this.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Watching the new Transformers series is a reminder that humanity still has some hope.

^^ Seen that Venom trailer when I went to the theaters to watch A Quite Place II, I like it. It felt so good to get the theater experience again to watch a movie.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Good to see the worst governor in America (Cuomo) and the worst mayor in America(de Blasio) joining forces to create an apartheid state in New York City.

Now to see which businesses tell them to fuck off and if the citizens have any fight in them whatsoever.

My body my choice been thrown right out the window.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:10 pm Good to see the worst governor in America (Cuomo) and the worst mayor in America(de Blasio) joining forces to create an apartheid state in New York City.

Now to see which businesses tell them to fuck off and if the citizens have any fight in them whatsoever.

My body my choice been thrown right out the window.
Wow I was really shocked to hear this Cuomo news come out.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Well 7/10 black people in NYC haven't been vaccinated so wait until all the negros are barred from places.

RRRRRRRAAAAAAAACCISM!

They'll be in quite the woke pickle.