There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

superbob wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 3:20 pm
killacross wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:00 pm Did you know that house windows can fail because of shitty installation practices? Did you also know that when you buy a new construction home... They can specially write it into the contract that "we fucked up... But tough titties" ?

Probably never buying new construction again except directly out of pocket... And even then, I'm with them every step of the way. People are incompetent
As someone who works in an industry related to construction, a huge amount of new homes being built are terrible. We had to do a flood certification for a new build garage and the foundation was poured so terribly that there were waves in it leaving gaps of about 1/2" between the bottom of the wood wall and the concrete foundation wall. The boom in the housing industry over the last 5-7 years due to low interest rates has brought a lot of people that have money but no knowledge of construction into the industry and they nickel and dime everything to the point that the build quality is absolutely terrible. I'm not even talking about planned subdivisions that are built as quickly as possible with inferior materials and i fully expect them to start to completely fall apart in 20 years.
Doing my 2nd pre-construction supposed to move in next year. I'm hoping for the best, they haven't dug in the ground yet but when they do things pi k up quickly. Not in a real rush for them to finish either given everything that is going on.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Struggling through Osama Ranking

.. I really don't get the hype
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 7:50 pm Struggling through Osama Ranking

.. I really don't get the hype
Osama ranking?

It's crazy how 9/11 is a distant memory of history having lived through it.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Ousama Ranking**

And yea -- I just realized what today was. People have stopped caring honestly. But it does remind about a year ago was the "exit" from the Middle East
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 2:00 pm Did you know that house windows can fail because of shitty installation practices? Did you also know that when you buy a new construction home... They can specially write it into the contract that "we fucked up... But tough titties" ?

Probably never buying new construction again except directly out of pocket... And even then, I'm with them every step of the way. People are incompetent
As someone who works in an industry related to construction, a huge amount of new homes being built are terrible. We had to do a flood certification for a new build garage and the foundation was poured so terribly that there were waves in it leaving gaps of about 1/2" between the bottom of the wood wall and the concrete foundation wall. The boom in the housing industry over the last 5-7 years due to low interest rates has brought a lot of people that have money but no knowledge of construction into the industry and they nickel and dime everything to the point that the build quality is absolutely terrible. I'm not even talking about planned subdivisions that are built as quickly as possible with inferior materials and i fully expect them to start to completely fall apart in 20 years.

You should see the ugly ass "paper houses" (that's what I call them) going up around my area. Not only are they ugly as shit, but they are also put up super quick (especially because Japanese houses don't have basements). It's obvious that these houses are shit and one of the worst things is that they are taking lots that used to have one house on them (with a decent amount of land for Japanese standards) and putting 6 of these ugly as things on that same lot. So you have no god damn space. I don't know why anyone buys them.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:28 am

You should see the ugly ass "paper houses" (that's what I call them) going up around my area. Not only are they ugly as shit, but they are also put up super quick (especially because Japanese houses don't have basements). It's obvious that these houses are shit and one of the worst things is that they are taking lots that used to have one house on them (with a decent amount of land for Japanese standards) and putting 6 of these ugly as things on that same lot. So you have no god damn space. I don't know why anyone buys them.
That's surprising I would think would make it cement and strong foundation to make it Tsunami proof or resistant. Some Caribbean houses like in Jamaica or built soiled for Hurricanes.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I would expect more for earthquakes and mecha-robo battles
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:45 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:28 am

That's surprising I would think would make it cement and strong foundation to make it Tsunami proof or resistant. Some Caribbean houses like in Jamaica or built soiled for Hurricanes.
That's what houses in Okinawa look like. They're the ones that have that problem. Mainland houses are built to withstand earthquakes.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Hmm

Just last month they were bragging about 0% inflation
... This month it's up 8% again

If they were serious about fixing inflation... They would just change the definition of recession... Then give college debt forgiveness of $10-$20k....oh - and allow hundreds of thousands of people to flood the the border per month
Last edited by killacross on Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cobra Kai season 5...five seasons, and the show is still quality. I did think the whole Devon change was kinda quick, though.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:55 am Cobra Kai season 5...five seasons, and the show is still quality. I did think the whole Devon change was kinda quick, though.
I just watched episode 1 on Sunday and thought it was great, glad Cobra Kai is back. Miguel seems like he just met his father in Mexico.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

A friend of mine tried to drag me into this whole "Little Mermaid" discussion (don't ask me how this came up in an academic setting...) and I swear to God I'd rather eat razor blades and wash it down with Draino.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm out of the loop
... But I'm outraged
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Basically they got probably their biggest backlash ever for this one.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:10 pm A friend of mine tried to drag me into this whole "Little Mermaid" discussion (don't ask me how this came up in an academic setting...) and I swear to God I'd rather eat razor blades and wash it down with Draino.
I seen some clips thst I glossed over, I stay clear as well as I don't care.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So that DeSantis guy dropping illegal migrants to rich neighborhoods, pissing off Dems is pretty hilarious. Probably be a MAGA VP when Trump runs.

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status ... k9RTTOOzAg

Edit

https://www.instagram.com/p/CigQZu1vaTl ... MyMTA2M2Y=

^^ @Cane little Mermaid and someone pointing out whites always replacing gingers.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

You guys hear any reviews on the Women King good or bad? Wifey wants to watch this weekend.

Edit
Massive amounts are held up at EU ports, the Russian president has said

Russia is prepared to provide 300,000 tons of fertilizers currently amassed at EU ports due to Western sanctions to developing nations free of charge, President Vladimir Putin announced on Friday.

Speaking at a summit meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) in Uzbekistan, the Russian leader said he had discussed agricultural export issues with UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres.

“The day before yesterday I informed Mr. Guterres that 300,000 tons of Russian fertilizers had piled up in the European Union’s seaports,” Putin said, adding that Moscow is “ready to give them to developing countries for free,” and that such deliveries would be instrumental in alleviating the global food crisis.
Edit

Season 2 of Cobra Kai is 🔥🔥🔥🔥
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Chinese telecom building went up today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 398658002/

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Woman King will probably be my favorite movie of 2022, movie is tha TRUTH 🔥🔥🔥

Edit

Actually I have to think a bit Top Gun was pretty epic too and I enjoyed Dr. Strange.
killacross

Post by killacross »

All these Harry and Meghan snubbed articles really make you put it all in perspective

... I'm getting too old for this shit