There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

The Queens Gambit on Netflix is a must see, grandmaster chess series.
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:41 pm The media hates redheads. Every redhead is turned into a black person. For the Black Adam film, they turned Cyclone from a white redhead into a black woman...lol.

Wally West
Iris West
Ariel from The Little Mermaid
Starfire
Jimmy Olsen
Mary Jane Watson (OH BUT IT'S NOT THAT MJ...SHUT UP WITH THAT NONSENSE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID)
Hawkgirl
Apparently, even the redhead dude in the original She-Ra got turned into a black dude in the remake
Isaac from Castlevania
Hell...remember when they turned Little Orphan Annie into a black girl.

The gingercide is real in Hollywood.
I'll be damned, I guess we can throw in 90's x-men Rogue too?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:25 amI'll be damned, I guess we can throw in 90's x-men Rogue too?
Actually a brunette, though it seems some shading liberties were taken in the animated series.
Mongor

Post by Mongor »

Last edited by Mongor on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Any of you read Kaiju No. 8? The author does a format that I wonder if it will take off - three chapters in a row followed by a color release that's 2-3 pages. I don't know if that actually allows any downtime/recovery for the manga team, but I imagine it's easier than a giant color spread plus a chapter. A cliffhanger ending on the chapter before it though is twice as agonizing.
Mongor wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:15 pm
I haven't been able to understand why people like that program but it has huge traction with everyone raving about it. If I was being nice I'd tell you that I found it boring, hard to watch and utterly uninteresting. I didn't find anything appealing about it.
What's your take on chess normally? Is it boring because it's chess?
Mongor wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:15 pm As you all are aware I tend to lurk and not post but, I am a frequent lurker. I hope you're all doing well, surviving lockdown and preparing to enjoy Christmas as much as possible! It's not all doom and gloom. We had 50% more Berserk this year than 2019 and there is a good change we may even get a chapter at some point in 2021. Who knows wth happened to Duranki but if it's hiatus means a Berserk chapter I will gladly trade.
I imagine people wish I lurked a lot more... (95% /s)

Best wishes to you (and everyone else) as well. Especially Killa at his in-laws. RIP.
Mongor

Post by Mongor »

Last edited by Mongor on Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I ASK AGAIN...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AM I THE ONLY PERSON WATCHING THE MANDOLORIAN?

THAT SEASON 2 FINALE WAS EVERYTHING!
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I think you are, I will jump on that eventually. Almost caught up with Cobra Kai. Got into this Korean drama on Netflix called Start Up, it's pretty good.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:40 pm I ASK AGAIN...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AM I THE ONLY PERSON WATCHING THE MANDOLORIAN?

Just haven't been talking about it on reddit. Season 2 was spectacular and holy shit that ending
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Alright I’m sick of this, I keep getting notifications for this thread and I have no idea how to get rid of the bookmark. Some one guide me goddamnit!!!
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Colep924 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:08 am Alright I’m sick of this, I keep getting notifications for this thread and I have no idea how to get rid of the bookmark. Some one guide me goddamnit!!!
Aw, come join us!

For me, it's a wrench icon at the top once you open the thread.
killacross

Post by killacross »

....fucking daycare
I'm certain my baby has that 'rona...and she keeps coughing in my left eyeball
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:37 pm ....fucking daycare
I'm certain my baby has that 'rona...and she keeps coughing in my left eyeball
Man since my son started Daycare in September he's been home for at least a month because they are more stricter. He actually just started again this week after being off for freaking 2 weeks cause someone got it. Fucking annoying! He loved being home with mommy/daddy though.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:41 am
Digital Masta wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:40 pm I ASK AGAIN...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AM I THE ONLY PERSON WATCHING THE MANDOLORIAN?

Just haven't been talking about it on reddit. Season 2 was spectacular and holy shit that ending
[SHOW]
The ending of the finale showed why the sequel trilogy was such a failure, I mean look on youtube at the reactions of people, young and old, male and female, and people of all races crying and rejoicing in seeing Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in his PRIME! The Luke that we all deserved to see in the sequel trilogy.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:03 am
superbob wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:41 am

[SHOW]
The ending of the finale showed why the sequel trilogy was such a failure, I mean look on youtube at the reactions of people, young and old, male and female, and people of all races crying and rejoicing in seeing Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in his PRIME! The Luke that we all deserved to see in the sequel trilogy.
my biggest problem with the sequel trilogy was there was so muuuuuch literature from the expanded universe to work with that they could have roughly used for inspiration. And they gave us that. I could hardly make it through the last one....

But the mandalorian, holy jesus,
[SHOW]
Luke just absolutely wrecking everyone was spectacular, everything about the show is fantastic.
seems the spoiler tags aren't working right now, just quote it to read what's behind the spoiler text. I'll dive into it this weekend to make sure that one can work.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

For those of you interested in investing, this author looked at what your returns would be if you had the worst timing possible and only invested at the peaks before a giant sell-off.

https://awealthofcommonsense.com/2020/1 ... ket-peaks/

It's designed to show how long-term holding works and why you should invest early. You'll always lose big in the short term, but after 20 years you always had a positive return. If you invested at the peak before the 1929 crash/great depression, after 20 years you still were ahead 50%. 50% gain over 20 years is a terrible return by modern standards, but you're still ahead. The second worst gain is if you invested at the peak in 2000, in which case you'd only have made 220%. After 30 years the worst return was 850%. We can't know the 30-year return of the 2000 crash of course, but 2nd worst was a 1,430% return after investing in '87.

Obviously that's all out the window if some cataclysmic event occurs, but at that point you probably have more to worry about than your retirement.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm sure you've heard it before. "Time IN the market is greater than timING the market"

It's also why I was a fan of JL Collins - The Simple Path to Wealth and his statement of..."the stock market always goes up"

..for all the economic turmoil of this year...2020 has been our best yet. Our net worth jumped more than $100K from July to Nov. We were just fortunate with the timing that we invested a bunch of cash on hand, our bonuses, and our regular monthly contributions in March (like a day or two before it hit the bottom).
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I managed to make some good returns on my investment, we'll see how it holds up!

Merry Christmas to everyone and have a great long weekend!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Merry Christmas Eve all! At the in laws and annoyed outta my mind. But put on a smile.. Drink and eat... And watch the clock count down.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope all is well with you and yours!
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Merry Xmas all, I ate way to much tonight, gifts were exchanged with family, all in all a good night