There we go

superbob
Site Admin

Re: There we go

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:29 am But THAT'S my point. Sometimes bad things JUST happen. I wish he told her that fact instead of pretending that her case was particularly special and confused him. Because he should be the professional but instead pretended that he didn't know... My wife is now questioning every move she made:

Did she drink before she took the pregnancy test? Was she stressed out because of work? Did she take Tylenol or aspirin for a headache? Was she getting enough sleep? It angers me because it is WELL KNOWN that it's a 1/3 chance to miscarry. It is incredibly common. And science hasn't discovered a definitive reason why.... Yet if ever.

Everyone assumes it won't be me... But life doesn't work that way.
My coworker and his wife have been trying to have a child for over a year now... The first time she was pregnant he was really excited and told everyone, only for there to be a miscarriage... He was really hesitant to bring it up now, and waited until they found out the sex of the fetus before telling everyone that he's going to be a father because this was their 3rd positive pregnancy.

Definitely sorry to hear about it Kila
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:57 am
killacross wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:29 am But THAT'S my point. Sometimes bad things JUST happen. I wish he told her that fact instead of pretending that her case was particularly special and confused him. Because he should be the professional but instead pretended that he didn't know... My wife is now questioning every move she made:

Did she drink before she took the pregnancy test? Was she stressed out because of work? Did she take Tylenol or aspirin for a headache? Was she getting enough sleep? It angers me because it is WELL KNOWN that it's a 1/3 chance to miscarry. It is incredibly common. And science hasn't discovered a definitive reason why.... Yet if ever.

...waited until they found out the sex of the fetus before telling everyone that he's going to be a father because this was their 3rd positive pregnancy.
This is quite literally the first time I've actually seen someone say "the sex of the fetus" as opposed to "the sex of the baby/child". It sounds so...sterile.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:33 am

...waited until they found out the sex of the fetus before telling everyone that he's going to be a father because this was their 3rd positive pregnancy.
This is quite literally the first time I've actually seen someone say "the sex of the fetus" as opposed to "the sex of the baby/child". It sounds so...sterile.
Ya I would just say baby........
killacross

Post by killacross »

I was looking over my comment.. And yea, I said baby for as long as I thought it was viable

.. Then yes, cold, sterile, surgical language to distance myself from it
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I guess i'm a bit cold about it, but at that stage of development, there's almost no discernable differences between a human and just about any other mammal...
killacross

Post by killacross »

hmmm....I understand what you're saying, but at 20 weeks (when you can tell the sex, the baby is the size of a banana...and it very much looks like a little person).

My baby was 6 wks. It was the size of a grain of rice.

But even ignoring all of that...regardless.. You never expected them to have a baby kangaroo right?

Unrelated... Almost down $250k in investments. If things continue... We're not gonna be a millionaire by the end of the year :(
Also, gas prices have jumped $0.30 overnight... And our grocery bill has jumped 20% in the last month

Damn you Joe Biden, I mean Donald Trump.. :lol:
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Crude is still below $100/barrel, so gas prices are all on the oil companies and the fact that a hurricane absolutely hammered the gulf coast.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm out of the loop then..

The only storm I remember this year was Ida.. And that was because it did more damage up north than down south.. So that was the story for a few weeks.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

superbob wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:16 am
I guess i'm a bit cold about it, but at that stage of development, there's almost no discernable differences between a human and just about any other mammal...
Well, I mean it's not like a woman is going to give birth to a cat (although I'm sure catgender is out there somewhere)..so I mean there is a discernible difference in that one is human and the other isn't.

EDIT: OMFG OF COURSE IT IS

https://lgbta.wikia.org/wiki/Catgender
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNwwt25mheo

They need to rename two of the Dragons "Dan" and "David" and have them killed off during the Dance of the dragons.

Call it throne reparations.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Ha. Yeah. I hope this is good. It's only 10 episodes so I'm sure they got the budget for it because there are a lot of dragons.

I read the short story that this show is based on, although I didn't read the expanded version that appears in Fire and Blood. But the black dude is playing the Sea Snake, Corlys Velaryon. The Velaryon family come from the Valyria the same as the Targaryens, as such they have very similar features to the latter. Meaning blonde/silver hair and a pale skin. But I get it...they want to diversify it up. But you know, I like my continuity.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

killacross wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:12 pm I'm out of the loop then..

The only storm I remember this year was Ida.. And that was because it did more damage up north than down south.. So that was the story for a few weeks.
Ida really hit the gulf coast refineries pretty hard and Nicholas shut down the colonial pipeline for two days through Houston. Those disruptions, along with OPEC deciding to not really increase production means gas prices remain high, though they have dropped for me here in denver over the last week.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

İ don't know what you guys are complaining about. İn Holland we pay almost €2 for benzine and €1.50 for diesel. You guys still have it good.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://tomwoods.com/ep-1985-secret-how ... alth-care/

I do find things like this promising. Alternatives for healthcare.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Looking at another rental this weekend

2000 Sq ft
0.5 ac
2 units

$185k asking price

I think both units are rented out

New roof 2 yrs ago.. Original HVAC (17 yrs old... So that's a $10k bill in < 3 yrs)

If the units are rented for $800+ and not roach/termite infested...I'm doing the deal
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

As long as the interior is in good shape, that's a fantastic investment.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Possibly
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Trudeau: https://youtu.be/b23mUUoyTWg

So last week was the inaugural day of the first ever Truth & Reconciliation for Canada's Native Indians (First Nations). Our PM lied about his itinerary saying he would be in the nation's capital and dude went out to the West coast for vacation. I shit you not, I even couldn't believe that our woke PM would pull some dumb shit like this. All he had to do was push his vacay back 1 day. He did this shortly after winning another minority government which in itself was hilarious cause he thought he could use the 'pandemic' to give him a majority government.

Seeing this play out in real time makes me see more how the Natives ancestors got shit on by the Europeans when they invaded Canada. Yaaaa we'll do fair trade and land with you and respect you, NOT lol.
killacross

Post by killacross »

XX...I need you to pick apart this website for me. I'm not cybersecurity-minded

...Looks incredibly helpful to me, so obviously there is a catch

https://12ft.io/
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ That link looks suspicious to me....

@Haoh since you are in Holland what do you think of the NIO cars in Norway? Have you or anyone you know seen or driven one?