Digital Masta

Re: There we go

Post by Digital Masta »

She is 50...and looks good.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

<bunch of butt shots for halftime>
Commentators at the end: "Hey [older guy], you seemed to enjoy that the most of any of us."

Quick recovery of "you were dancing the whole time."

Still laughed.

Tide was the only good ad(s) I managed to catch. I'd almost hope that the "epic" style of ads catches on, if I ever had to watch them.

Not really a football follower, but as a Falcons bandwagoner I can sympathize with the SF fans. At least it wasn't 4 touchdowns?
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

So, in honor of the caucus tonight - I took the isidewith.com quiz to see who of the candidates running most closely aligns with my views. I answered every question with a "more specific" answer, which I'm not sure how that skews the results if at all. Three questions, based on what you've observed from my posts before:

Which candidate do you think I was closest with?
Where do you think I fell in the Authoritarian-Libertarian scale?
How far left (0% = extreme centrist, 100% = extreme liberal) do you think I landed (note: this is an approximation on my part)?

Fake internet nothings go to the closest person. Not even points. We're at Whose Line level of points mattering.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I'm guessing Andrew Yang then maybe Pete Buttigieg

I got The Donald -- 67%
Then Tulsi Gabbard -- 60%
Michael Bloomberg -- 57%
John Delaney -- 55% (no clue who this is)
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Delaney is a Maryland Democratic congressman. Didn't even know he was running.

Edit: Apparently he declared back in 2017, which is why it probably has him (collected his responses)

Another caveat is I don't remember any questions talking about budget.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Hell.. Ignoring budgets? That could be any of them.. Including the Donald
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:33 am Hell.. Ignoring budgets? That could be any of them.. Including the Donald
I'll confess - it was silly misdirection. Budget issues being included would make me appear more to the right, so in theory you would wager the quiz thought I was more left (which... I guess it does, it's just already factored in?).
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Investigators said the helicopter lacked a key warning system.
Officials have said that the helicopter was not outfitted with a system to warn pilots if they are getting too close to the ground, technology that is voluntary but has been recommended by the National Transportation Safety Board for more than a decade. Despite the safety advantages, an air safety consultant said, companies tend “to view it as a cost not required by regulation.”

A terrain awareness and warning system can help prevent crashes, especially when pilots have limited visibility, by providing a detailed image of surrounding terrain and triggering auditory and visual warnings. The systems are required on many fixed-wing aircraft.

It is too early to know whether the lack of a warning system played a role in Sunday’s crash. The helicopter was not carrying a cockpit voice recorder, but an iPad and cellphone were discovered in the wreckage.
Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/us/kobe-death.html

Why we always gotta do it like this! smfh. Federal government needs to make terrain awareness warning systems tech be mandatory. We probably would of had all 9 lives alive.
killacross wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:03 am so how was the iguana? I tried it the first time a few years ago. Absolutely delicious. I started calling it Chicken of the Tree (may not translate...there is an American tuna fish brand called Chicken of the Sea)

I remember thinking I made a huge mistake because in Nicaragua...they have open air markets. Iguana is in the fish department. The lady let me choose which one I wanted...then she slit its throat...cut off its hands and feet...cut it just so...peeled off its skin like a tight leather jacket...gutted it...and handed it to me.

The first time, they grilled mine. It smells like fish...looks like pork...but tastes like a really rich chicken, with a pork after taste. The second time I had it in soup. Then had it fried. And had it baked. All times it was tasty.

Next time...see if you can find snake meat. It has a fishy/chicken taste...but flakes like salmon. It was fucking delicious and is easily my #2 meat behind a juicy steak!!

Speaking of steak..not sure if I mentioned...I bought a sous vide cooker around christmas. I still havent taken it out of the box though. I will once the inlaws leave tho :lol: :lol:
omfg I just realized I type this long ass response and forgot to submit my post and I think I closed my window uugghh. It was delicous
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Alrighty, lets see what happens with the spam bots and new users. Applied questions as the registration requirement and purged with new users
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:11 am
Investigators said the helicopter lacked a key warning system.
Officials have said that the helicopter was not outfitted with a system to warn pilots if they are getting too close to the ground, technology that is voluntary but has been recommended by the National Transportation Safety Board for more than a decade. Despite the safety advantages, an air safety consultant said, companies tend “to view it as a cost not required by regulation.”

A terrain awareness and warning system can help prevent crashes, especially when pilots have limited visibility, by providing a detailed image of surrounding terrain and triggering auditory and visual warnings. The systems are required on many fixed-wing aircraft.

It is too early to know whether the lack of a warning system played a role in Sunday’s crash. The helicopter was not carrying a cockpit voice recorder, but an iPad and cellphone were discovered in the wreckage.
Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/us/kobe-death.html

Why we always gotta do it like this! smfh. Federal government needs to make terrain awareness warning systems tech be mandatory. We probably would of had all 9 lives alive.
No. They don't. If not having it causes enough of an outrage then companies will start doing it or lose money.

I got Donald 87%
John Delaney 43%
Bloomberg 41%

This is only because there is no Libertarian candidate yet. Otherwise it would be that person most likely. Hopefully that candidate will be Jacob Hornberger.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 am I got Donald 87%
John Delaney 43%
Bloomberg 41%

This is only because there is no Libertarian candidate yet. Otherwise it would be that person most likely. Hopefully that candidate will be Jacob Hornberger.
you scored farther right than me? huh...
maybe 9 months of fatherhood has softened my stances a little bit

but I think the quiz was just kinda trash -- particularly the fact that it is multiple choice and like A-G with selections

...but full disclosure, I plan to vote for the Donald. Didn't vote for either last time
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

I basically answered everything as "Government should stay the fuck out"
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:11 am No. They don't. If not having it causes enough of an outrage then companies will start doing it or lose money.

I got Donald 87%
John Delaney 43%
Bloomberg 41%

Third party candidates are added once the actual election nears. I just did it for giggles to see which candidate it gave me. I can't vote in the primaries anyways, not registered to a party.

I was closest to Klobuchar (80%). Libertarian was my highest non-D party (51%). My spectrum on individual issues was all over the place. Science and Healthcare were my top two issues, so no surprises really with my results (Trump: 30%). I'm not sold on Yang's UBI.

I've mentioned before that my SO's family is extremely liberal - she had a 6% match to Trump, and when you looked at the issue scales she was sometimes more liberal than any of the groups. She ranked high on the 'authoritarian' side of the scale, I ranked a bit on the 'libertarian' side. She's definitely pulled me more liberal, specifically on healthcare. Apparently when you work in a hospital the current healthcare system is described as "god-awful."
killacross wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:31 am...but full disclosure, I plan to vote for the Donald. Didn't vote for either last time
You might prefer a third party candidate too, though I have no idea how the quiz interpreted Trump. I think it normally goes off of what people say, but... that's not going to paint an accurate picture for him. I voted third party last time, probably will this time too but we'll see.

I'll hop back off politics until the general election gets closer and silly quizzes include third party candidates. It's more helpful to look at the candidate profiles and see their stances instead of looking at the actual %s.

I'd say the Iowa Caucus was a disaster... except it was the same as every other application deployment I've ever seen when the SDLC isn't followed. That's what they get for trying to use a stupid app. Play stupid games...

Edit: Apparently people have been digging into the company behind the app, and it's a bigger shitshow than originally thought. NPR apparently questioned the use of the app and the people behind it a month ago, but obviously nothing came of it.
superbob wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:38 am Alrighty, lets see what happens with the spam bots and new users. Applied questions as the registration requirement and purged with new users
Thanks! I had already gotten a PM from one, can only imagine the fun once the other ones figured that trick out.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

My reaction to the whole Iowa situation:

And remember...these people want to run your entire lives, people. Healthcare included.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:53 pm My reaction to the whole Iowa situation:

And remember...these people want to run your entire lives, people. Healthcare included.
Epic fucking fail, pretty unbelievable actually.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:21 am Epic fucking fail, pretty unbelievable actually.
except that it isnt. Most government technology launches [of late] have been total disasters

....and even established sites have crashed (the most recent was the selective service website -- apparently too many millenials had searched how to avoid the VOLUNTARY draft at once after the Iranian leader was drone striked)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Sometimes I wonder about you guys and your leaps of logic...

I'm more curious about why they pushed ahead on the app anyways when a billion third party solutions already exist. Even then, it's just headcounting a few hundred people, was it really necessary? You've known this was coming up for years, why rush something through in the last two months? #blamehillary
killacross wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 am ....and even established sites have crashed (the most recent was the selective service website -- apparently too many millenials had searched how to avoid the VOLUNTARY draft at once after the Iranian leader was drone striked)
Draft isn't voluntary at all, it's completely mandatory - hope you registered when you turned 18. Site crashed when it was effectively DDoSed after misinformation was spread online about how it would be restarted. They had no reason to anticipate that much traffic before that day, I don't blame them for not paying for the bandwidth.
San Goku wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:17 am Google maps hack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5eL_al_m7Q
That's pretty neat, but I can't help but think if there's more traffic Google can know to throw out the data as an outlier. Actually, maybe they don't care that much and won't. I'll enjoy seeing this in a Bond film in 10 years...
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:15 pm Draft isn't voluntary at all, it's completely mandatory - hope you registered when you turned 18. Site crashed when it was effectively DDoSed after misinformation was spread online about how it would be restarted. They had no reason to anticipate that much traffic before that day, I don't blame them for not paying for the bandwidth.
technically correct...which I'll admit is the best kind.