There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Kobe's death is really hit me hard. I just touched down in the Caribbean (St. Vincent and the Grenadines). This random lady told me and I honestly thought she was fucking with me. Like for a second I was questioning if I should curse her out for messing with me because I'm not from here.

Anyways gonna try to legally marry the wife this year and worry about the costly ceremony stuff later. Kobe's death reminded me I don't have time to fuck around.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Didn't phase me, but I can only think of one famous person whose death did phase me. The random death ones don't affect me, though I'm much less likely to fly in a helicopter now that I read about Kobe and some area (in Hawaii I think?) where there are a number of crashes thanks to a big wind change going around an island.

Just live your lives. If you live like you might die tomorrow you're going to die a slow, destitute, and miserable death unless your new goals involve some highly risky activities. Don't do shit you don't like unless you have concrete plans/goals to get away from doing it. Won't be able to get rid of all of them of course, but you'll like your life a lot better. Same vein for things you do like - set the goals, make them happen.
killacross

Post by killacross »

so yea...I'm kinda in the same boat. It is so surprising to me that people are still "mourning" the loss. They can name off countless stats from his rookie year...but don't have a clear plan for retirement.

One of those is significantly more important than the other.
As far as life change:
- I lost 70 lbs last year. I've lost about 5 so far...so have 45 yo go (as a challenge to myself. Trying to get to 130s).
-Professionally, I am heading up a $19MM project (highly classified pharma shit...that you can Google and Youtube...so not sure how that works...but want to see that to successful fruition
-Personally, I plan to throw myself deeply into learning Spanish the second half of the year (I want to go to Spain for my anniversary in Nov...so let's see)
-Personally...my inlaws move out in 11 days. They have gone into OVERDRIVE to try to annoy me. I think it is on purpose -- they just DGAF anymore because they know they are gone
-Hobbywise -- think I am going to start building my boat. It should be a long enough project/commitment that hte earlier I start, the better (Hull this year, internals next year)
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:38 pm Didn't phase me, but I can only think of one famous person whose death did phase me. The random death ones don't affect me, though I'm much less likely to fly in a helicopter now that I read about Kobe and some area (in Hawaii I think?) where there are a number of crashes thanks to a big wind change going around an island.

Just live your lives. If you live like you might die tomorrow you're going to die a slow, destitute, and miserable death unless your new goals involve some highly risky activities. Don't do shit you don't like unless you have concrete plans/goals to get away from doing it. Won't be able to get rid of all of them of course, but you'll like your life a lot better. Same vein for things you do like - set the goals, make them happen.
Who was that one famous person that died that affected you? Yes I agree gotta live your life.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Why am I getting notified when anyone posts anything in this thread?
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

killacross wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:51 pm so yea...I'm kinda in the same boat. It is so surprising to me that people are still "mourning" the loss. They can name off countless stats from his rookie year...but don't have a clear plan for retirement.

One of those is significantly more important than the other.
As far as life change:
- I lost 70 lbs last year. I've lost about 5 so far...so have 45 yo go (as a challenge to myself. Trying to get to 130s).
-Professionally, I am heading up a $19MM project (highly classified pharma shit...that you can Google and Youtube...so not sure how that works...but want to see that to successful fruition
-Personally, I plan to throw myself deeply into learning Spanish the second half of the year (I want to go to Spain for my anniversary in Nov...so let's see)
-Personally...my inlaws move out in 11 days. They have gone into OVERDRIVE to try to annoy me. I think it is on purpose -- they just DGAF anymore because they know they are gone
-Hobbywise -- think I am going to start building my boat. It should be a long enough project/commitment that hte earlier I start, the better (Hull this year, internals next year)
Build a submarine or it doesn't count.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I seriously wish I had the money to buy a bloody boat. Would be the best thing to do out here. I do plan on doing some island on speed boat, should be fun.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 am I seriously wish I had the money to buy a bloody boat. Would be the best thing to do out here. I do plan on doing some island on speed boat, should be fun.
Depends on how small you're willing to go... but yeah a nice boat of decent size is going to be pricey. A single hull sunfish will run you a few grand, if you want to go up to a double hull hobie you're closer to 8.

Edit: In the time I looked up boats, I forgot you wanted a motorized boat and not a sailboat. I used to enjoy sailing (on a Hobie no less), so that's where I went. Here's a site for them though: https://www.boats.com/boats-for-sale/?price=1-10000
San Goku wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:21 am Who was that one famous person that died that affected you? Yes I agree gotta live your life.
Chester Bennington. Linkin Park helped my emo early-teen self through some really rough patches. Hearing he died by suicide when he helped prevent me from going there shook me for a spell.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:53 pm
San Goku wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:52 am I seriously wish I had the money to buy a bloody boat. Would be the best thing to do out here. I do plan on doing some island on speed boat, should be fun.
Depends on how small you're willing to go... but yeah a nice boat of decent size is going to be pricey. A single hull sunfish will run you a few grand, if you want to go up to a double hull hobie you're closer to 8.

Edit: In the time I looked up boats, I forgot you wanted a motorized boat and not a sailboat. I used to enjoy sailing (on a Hobie no less), so that's where I went. Here's a site for them though: https://www.boats.com/boats-for-sale/?price=1-10000
San Goku wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:21 am Who was that one famous person that died that affected you? Yes I agree gotta live your life.
Chester Bennington. Linkin Park helped my emo early-teen self through some really rough patches. Hearing he died by suicide when he helped prevent me from going there shook me for a spell.

Some real shit, glad you got through your darkest times.

The boats I want would cost at least $50K. Then cost store and maintain. I would also need a truck.
killacross

Post by killacross »

I wanna build one ~20ft

I want to use it to fish 2-3 miles off shore...nothing too crazy/serious

I've ball parked it and it would be ~$15k. I could easily write a check for that....but I wouldnt have bragging rights (which is really what I want). I have a crossover SUV so could easily haul it. I live ~1hr from the coast...so no need for storage. And if I treat it right (which I do with everything)...maintenance costs should be minimal.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Salt water is the destroyer of everything, just remember that, also, watch the weather since it can change so quickly on the open ocean
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

So I tried some Iguana for the first time, Caribbean curry style in St. Vincent. I told my mom and she called me and flipped lol. With the whole Coronovirus and all she doesn't want me trying anything out of the norm, I can't blame her.

When I was at the airport everyone was either wearing gloves or mask or both.
killacross

Post by killacross »

so how was the iguana? I tried it the first time a few years ago. Absolutely delicious. I started calling it Chicken of the Tree (may not translate...there is an American tuna fish brand called Chicken of the Sea)

I remember thinking I made a huge mistake because in Nicaragua...they have open air markets. Iguana is in the fish department. The lady let me choose which one I wanted...then she slit its throat...cut off its hands and feet...cut it just so...peeled off its skin like a tight leather jacket...gutted it...and handed it to me.

The first time, they grilled mine. It smells like fish...looks like pork...but tastes like a really rich chicken, with a pork after taste. The second time I had it in soup. Then had it fried. And had it baked. All times it was tasty.

Next time...see if you can find snake meat. It has a fishy/chicken taste...but flakes like salmon. It was fucking delicious and is easily my #2 meat behind a juicy steak!!

Speaking of steak..not sure if I mentioned...I bought a sous vide cooker around christmas. I still havent taken it out of the box though. I will once the inlaws leave tho :lol: :lol:
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So...how is it that they have made 10...TEN Fast and Furious movies? With Fast 9 coming out in May.
killacross

Post by killacross »

the first came out when I was in highschool. My first car was a 1992 Honda Civic that I tried to mod to look like the ones in the first movie
...every now and then...I get the itch to hit up craigslist and buy one just to upgrade the flying fuck outta it. I FINALLY have the disposable cash that I didnt in highschool...but then I realize I dont really have the time for that
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I remember watching 2 fast in theaters in high school too
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Digital Masta wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:38 pm So...how is it that they have made 10...TEN Fast and Furious movies? With Fast 9 coming out in May.
Cause Vin doesn't want them counting the rock's attempt to take over the franchise?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

The series essentially got revived into the caper-secret agent style genre it became from the 4th film. That's when the series became "good" in the stupid action film sense. It is also now the 9th highest grossing film series of all time. MCU is obviously the highest.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Francisco over Kansas.. 23 ta 20
.. It'll be a boring game and trash halftime
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

Wanted the 9ers to win, but won $150 from my squares so that's a plus