There we go

xandorxerxes

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

The emails didn't show anything we didn't already know. It's just being spun as a giant cover-up. We knew he recommended against masks before we discovered asymptomatic spread. We knew NIH funded the lab in Wuhan.

I don't know why suddenly this is an outrage, except it's being marketed as one to discredit him. It's a giant joke, coming from Rand Paul of all people. If Fauci is a sham, we're all fucked - doctors have been using a textbook he co-wrote for their training for decades. Given that we supposedly have the best medical care in the world according to the people attempting to slander him, I'm guessing the problem isn't Fauci.
Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:20 am In this day in age, I believe you have to act like you don't have privacy anymore, because you don't. Work to control it where you can but other than that the goal is to win despite this. We have no privacy and it's never coming back.
It doesn't have to be. In the US it's hard to implement privacy protections because our government is some form of stupid, corrupt, or both. EU and Japan have stronger privacy protections. California and Illinois kind of do, and New York tried but it died in the legislature.

Every time it came up in legislation we had certain people arguing "privacy protections harm consumers because their privacy being sold to corporations improves their experiences." Maybe we'd like a damn choice? Look at what happened when Apple's opt-in settings option finally lauched - it's estimated that 90%+ of people opted out of having their data shared.

I'mma get off my soapbox before I really get going...
Last edited by xandorxerxes on Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

CNN bringing back Toobin and then having poor Alisyn Camerota recapitulate the specifics of his little "incident" is the greatest self own in that networks history.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:10 pm CNN bringing back Toobin and then having poor Alisyn Camerota recapitulate the specifics of his little "incident" is the greatest self own in that networks history.
Lmfao! Okay I have to find the vid for that.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Jeff Toobin did something that we all do...and it isn't illegal. It was a funny story when it happened...because it was so insane.

If CNN wants to bring him back...more power to him. I personally would not have done it with an interview...but instead would have just made a statement and moved on.

More importantly...I hope EA is getting hit with the microtransaction strategy -- lol
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:12 am More importantly...I hope EA is getting hit with the microtransaction strategy -- lol
What did I miss? Last I saw they were making billions off them.
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:15 pm What did I miss? Last I saw they were making billions off them.
they are the latest to get cyberattacked

supposedly stole some source code from some of their signature titles

....I hope they sell it back to them microtransaction and lootbox-like
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:28 pm
xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:15 pm What did I miss? Last I saw they were making billions off them.
they are the latest to get cyberattacked

supposedly stole some source code from some of their signature titles

....I hope they sell it back to them microtransaction and lootbox-like
Aaaaah, I get it now (and that made me laugh). I'm still pretty amazed that the attackers made off with that much data, I would have assumed EA had better security than that.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.co ... ed%3famp=1

WTF is this?

Also, did you hear that some British mini-series made Ann Boleyn black? Ann Boleyn...an actual human that existed. I'm waiting for white Muhammad Ali.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:29 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.co ... ed%3famp=1

WTF is this?

Also, did you hear that some British mini-series made Ann Boleyn black? Ann Boleyn...an actual human that existed. I'm waiting for white Muhammad Ali.
Reddick is a fantastic actor, I think he he'll kill it as Wesker.

I would imagine Rudolph is being cast as Ada Wong, Nunez as Jill and I'm sure Claire is in there somewhere, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the younger actresses is playing Rebecca.

But seriously though, not including Chris or Leon in the initial cast announcement is obviously intentional and I can already feel the reverberations from the various cranial explosions. I don't mind a heavy female cast, Resident evil has always featured a large assortment of female protagonists/playable characters, but this doesn't appear as if they are even trying to strike a balance.

Until I see an updated cast list, I'm not interested.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I watched Curella, good movie to watch with the family. Especially if you watched 101 Dalmatians for the nasalga.

Also Asian anime on Netflix Nezha Reborn.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:13 pm for the nasalga.
Is that like lasagna for your nose?

Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:13 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:29 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.co ... ed%3famp=1

WTF is this?

Reddick is a fantastic actor, I think he he'll kill it as Wesker.

I would imagine Rudolph is being cast as Ada Wong, Nunez as Jill and I'm sure Claire is in there somewhere, and it wouldn't surprise me if one of the younger actresses is playing Rebecca.

But seriously though, not including Chris or Leon in the initial cast announcement is obviously intentional and I can already feel the reverberations from the various cranial explosions. I don't mind a heavy female cast, Resident evil has always featured a large assortment of female protagonists/playable characters, but this doesn't appear as if they are even trying to strike a balance.

Until I see an updated cast list, I'm not interested.

Yeah, the man is a good actor but Wesker isn't black. Netflix just embracing that old Netflix version meme.

Hollywood has fucked up Resident Evil from the beginning. Which is ridiculous because as of right now there is 25 years worth of story just sitting there.

If Capcom is legally able to they need to just leave RE in the hands of Japanese animation studios. The best RE films have always been the CG ones as they are canon to the games and help to fill in gaps.

My prediction is that the live action will fail but the new CG series will be very well received. And naturally when the live action gets eviscerated it will be blamed on racism and sexism.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:42 pm Yeah, the man is a good actor but Wesker isn't black. Netflix just embracing that old Netflix version meme.
So what are you saying, that only white guys can play evil manipulators hell-bent on the eradication of the human race in favor of a new, more purer master race?

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross

Post by killacross »

...so not what you expected when you google searched huh?
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Just like in the west Japan has a bit of a masculinity problem in that THERE IS A SEVERE LACK OF IT!

THIS COUNTRY USED TO MAKE SHIT LIKE AKIRA!

You guys remember Tekkaman Blade? Dude basically killed his entire family by the end of it. Anime has truly fallen.

In other news...Hollywood scalps yet another redhead

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latime ... f_amp=true

In other news remember that whenever politicians name a piece of legislation it does the opposite of what the name says.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... alth%3famp

Gotta love politicians, without any hesitation whatsoever they will try to go after your money because in their minds it all belongs to them. They just let you keep some.

"Suozzi said his plan reflected how many wealthy Americans did well during the coronavirus crisis.

Paying a one-off tax would be 'a way to help your country to build back better' after the pandemic, he added."

killacross

Post by killacross »

...they are trying to do it 1 time so that they can say "See how successful that was?!" -- we need this forever!"

but I really don't understand why they would care if they have no balanced budget requirements and are not tied to a gold standard. Rev up the printers like BOTH parties like to do and run this bitch into the ground
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:49 pm "Suozzi said his plan reflected how many wealthy Americans did well during the coronavirus crisis.

Paying a one-off tax would be 'a way to help your country to build back better' after the pandemic, he added."
That's amazingly bad even for politician bullshit excuses.
killacross wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 am ...they are trying to do it 1 time so that they can say "See how successful that was?!" -- we need this forever!"
Exactly.
killacross wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:00 am but I really don't understand why they would care if they have no balanced budget requirements and are not tied to a gold standard. Rev up the printers like BOTH parties like to do and run this bitch into the ground
That's why politicians don't control the printers.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC/status/1 ... 97187?s=08

Is this girl trying to get murked with some neural toxins in her system? Brave woman lol. Putin had some good responses lol

Edit

I'm impressed with this anime recommendation list.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments ... urce=share
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:51 pm

That's why politicians don't control the printers.
Ah yes, the myth that money printing is separate from the machinations of the government.

Remember people you can never be woke enough.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... ty-apology

And the man is incredibly talented. He should just say fuck off.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ clourism is a real thing though so maybe he was right to apologize? I don't follow his work but his supporters seem to have brought it up. I don't think this has to be lumped in wokeness?