There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

Kamala might appeal to the younger people and women more, so I guess it was a safe pick on Biden's part but ya the Trump admin are going to have a field day attacking her.

@killa Russia beat you guys to the vaccine, what's up?
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

Anybody getting that series x when it drops in November?
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:59 pm Kamala might appeal to the younger people and women more, so I guess it was a safe pick on Biden's part but ya the Trump admin are going to have a field day attacking her.

@killa Russia beat you guys to the vaccine, what's up?
Oh I can't wait. Honestly, I think that the debates between Trump and Biden will all be dumpster fires...but the single debate between Harris and Pence will be interesting. I still think Pence will pick her apart. I am not from Indiana, but Pence wasn't a polarizing pick back in 2016. He has been mostly invisible this term, so I doubt she can do much except call him a sexist and a racist. Should be easy enough to say No...and then call her out on her hypocrisy for working with a sexist and racist -- haha!

I work for a CMO. We have a handful of proprietary drugs...but mostly, we make OTHER peoples' drugs. Also, we make treatments -- not vaccines. And, it's Russia. This is as trustworthy as "the virus didn't come from China". I'd suspect the vaccine is vodka based.
eddieson wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:42 am Anybody getting that series x when it drops in November?
I am probably done with M$ this time. If I get back into gaming, think I'm going the PS5 route.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:59 pm @killa Russia beat you guys to the vaccine, what's up?
They didn't. They're turning all of their citizens into a giant stage 3 trial, essentially. Their vaccine isn't fully tested and the type of vaccine it is has been problematic in the past (can be ineffective). They're at the same stage as the other drugs, but instead of saying "let's test this" Putin is saying "just declare it the vaccine and give it to everyone."
killacross wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:15 am Oh I can't wait. Honestly, I think that the debates between Trump and Biden will all be dumpster fires...but the single debate between Harris and Pence will be interesting. I still think Pence will pick her apart. I am not from Indiana, but Pence wasn't a polarizing pick back in 2016. He has been mostly invisible this term, so I doubt she can do much except call him a sexist and a racist. Should be easy enough to say No...and then call her out on her hypocrisy for working with a sexist and racist -- haha!
Pence is a terrible person and made Indiana into an HIV nightmare. He was a polarizing pick, as he was picked essentially to get the fundamentalist Christian vote. He's incredibly authoritarian, and the reason you haven't heard from him in the past 4 years is because he's completely neutered. I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of a condition imposed on him for allowing him to be picked.

Harris was definitely a tactical pick instead of a policy pick - half asian/half jamaican, capitalist, doesn't support wealth tax... Biden's team is banking on the far left to hate Trump enough to vote for him and Kamala to help pick up the middle (or at least not alienate them).

In terms of the debate... it depends which Kamala shows up. If prosecutor Kamala shows up Pence is hosed. If ambivalent Kamala shows up like later in the primaries, he's got a shot. Pence's debate strategy is the same as primaries-Biden essentially - don't fuck up. We'll see if we get 2020 Biden or 2012 Biden. If Biden plays it safe, I expect the Trump to make things up more than usual in an attempt to goad Biden into saying something dumb. It will probably work. It doesn't matter if Trump says something dumb in the process, because that doesn't matter for whatever reason.

If I had the option of leaving this country permanently, I'd take it.

Quick edit: 538 is showing Trump numbers the same as they had for Hillary - based on current polls, they give Biden a 70% shot.
killacross

Post by killacross »

That's a possibility. The people that I knew from Indiana.,(it was actually quite a few because the last company started from there and had a large presence) were mostly pretty straight laced, conservative, or conservative light Christians. They didn't have strong opinions of Pence. This was also around the time of the NC bathroom bill. People didn't have strong opinions about Pat McCrory either... until they started canceling basketball and football games in protest.

Then people lost their minds.

I think the debates will be two adults accusing the other of something and constantly interrupting. And the other will be two toddlers fighting over whose dad could beat up who.

.. But seriously.. I think we are about to get 4 more years. And seriously.. I didn't vote for the trumpster fire last time, but seriously.. As long as nothing crazy happens in the next 60-90ish days..I probably will. Seriously. :shock: :?
Holy Cowboy

Post by Holy Cowboy »

joebiden.info

Kamalaharris.info

Check them out and have fun.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

If pence channels even a patina of the energy Tulsi had when she dismantled her in the democratic debates, Kamala is USDA dead meat.

Honestly, I'm skeptical...pence doesn't go for the jugular these days, he could hit all the right points and she could still win just on style and convincing rhetoric.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So remember how I was trying to meet up with my date again before the 15th? Well...so this happened tonight:

So I lets go back a bit. I was trying to get her out to this really good curry spot and couldn't. Yesterday I was at my favorite cafe, this cafe also happens to be right near her job. We were texting back n forth and she said she finished work and I was trying to get her to come. She wanted to but couldn't.

So now for today. I was at the cafe today and I was talking to my brother on the phone when I look up and there she is. She said she just texted me saying she just finished work and is free to go to curry if I wanted to go. I hadn't texted her all day and she had no idea I was at the cafe.

So we took the nice stroll to the curry spot and then took a longer walking route for her to get on the train. We are definitely still on for Saturday and Sunday she was going to the beach by herself and I was like, "By yourself? Wut?"and she asks if I want to go with her so we're going to the beach on Sunday.

In other news, my apartment is now super clean and I have a new sofa/bed/futon thing (Japanese apartments are small). I replaced a broken bed. I was putting off replacing the bed until a couple days ago...I wonder why? ;)
killacross

Post by killacross »

:twisted: :evil: mah nigga
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

DM I am living through you, Thumbs UP! Lol
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Anyone think that with picking Harris the Dems are trying not to win and are setting up for 2024. Take this time to raise money for the party and then go.

I mean this woman is a reprehensible human being.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:41 am Anyone think that with picking Harris the Dems are trying not to win and are setting up for 2024. Take this time to raise money for the party and then go.

Just off her looks it makes sense for Biden. He was the VP to the first Black President and now he picked his VP to be the first Black/Indian female VP. It's a smart move, same Dem identity politics playbook. I think they are trying to win and at the same time set up for 2024 as you say. Cause the eye test when you look at Biden is he doesn't look like his vibrant self. Age is catching up.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:41 am Anyone think that with picking Harris the Dems are trying not to win and are setting up for 2024. Take this time to raise money for the party and then go.

Well, we saw last election that reprehensible human beings can still be elected... and she's not even first on the ticket. Look at half of Congress too.

They're definitely trying to win. I'd wager most people outside of California aren't too familiar with what she's done, and Biden's campaign wouldn't bring her on unless she was ready to address her weaknesses when it's brought up later. They can also use her to push back on the 'Biden is weak to crime' narrative and also as an olive branch to show support to the police.

You're right that it's also a prelude to 2024. Biden always struggled with the primaries... until he was VP.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Neither look particularly young. The game plan is they have been saying nonstop [lately] that she is a moderate candidate and are trying to aim for the middle ground voters.

Easy to prove that wrong because you only have to look back to the primaries. She's pretty far, far left.. Just not as extreme as Bernie... And nowhere near as popular.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

The best plan of attack on Harris is to highlight her Machiavellian desire for power and her willingness to do and say anything to get what she wants.

"Oh...but all politicians do that."

Yes...but others are much better at doing the whole "human thing". She can't hide it...at all, she's like Hillary except worse which is an amazing feat.

Seriously, Biden needs a food taster like yesterday.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ lol @ food taster

Wtf is wrong with Trump, does he want to take the easy bait and entertain asking if Kamala is an American citizen. I know she spent some of her earlier years in Montreal, Canada but as far as I know she is American.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:58 pm ^^ lol @ food taster

Wtf is wrong with Trump, does he want to take the easy bait and entertain asking if Kamala is an American citizen. I know she spent some of her earlier years in Montreal, Canada but as far as I know she is American.
She is. He either a) knows that and is just trying to rile people who will believe it or b) doesn't actually know and is just repeating what he read from the opinion piece. If you asked me 4 years ago I'd have said option a, 4 years later I'm pretty sure it's option b.

Then again he's smart enough to dismantle the postal service to muck with the election, so who knows. Or maybe that's his appointee doing it on his own with Trump's blessing. He enjoys the chaos either way.

As awful as Harris is for what she did, the president has explicitly done worse - welcome to another 'lessor of two evils' scenario. Republican's in power know he's awful, but they want to keep him there to prevent a Democrat from being the president so they're attempting to portray Biden and Harris in the worst possible light. Expect to see Ukrainian nonsense in about two months.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 3:17 pm
As awful as Harris is for what she did, the president has explicitly done worse
Come on man, this is pure nonsense and you know it. This is your inner left voice saying something crazy.

Trump has more or less continued the status quo policy of America. The big empire, which I hate but it's more of the same.

This woman literally fucked with the lives of individual people in California for the sake of her record and political career. Her decisions had direct influence on the lives of certain Americans...definitely in the case of inmates and especially the guy that was on deathrow.

And she has strong authoritarian tendencies. Let's not forget she wanted to put parents in jail if their kids cut school.
Last edited by Digital Masta on Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...but, but, orange man bad
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

IN OTHER NEWS...

I think you guys may have gotten the impression with my previous post that something physical happened between me and lets call her R the other day. Nothing did.

HOWEVER, yesterday was the shrine date with R and that went very well. We Netflixed and chilled (Uber Eated some burgers) at my place after that and I told her that since she was gonna come back my way the next day that she should just stay and save herself some travel stress.

Well, she had to go back for some stuff and I told her to just come back after she got her stuff. She was like maybe...and about 30 minutes after she left I get a call...

Well, it's 7:40am now and guess who is asleep in my bed.

Also, taking it slow is the hardest (no pun intended) things I've had to do because both times during Netflix and last night I am with a woman that agrees with taking it slow but is also super DTF.

Guys I am stupidly attracted to this woman and the more we talk the more attracted I get. HALP!