There we go

killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

...Biden's only hope is to choose Hillary as his VP.

All of this outcry over George Floyd....I guess that means Ahmaud Arbery is old news now? Personally, I bet that case (cowboy justice) is more common than the latter (police brutality).
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:06 am ...Biden's only hope is to choose Hillary as his VP.

All of this outcry over George Floyd....I guess that means Ahmaud Arbery is old news now? Personally, I bet that case (cowboy justice) is more common than the latter (police brutality).
Those (in theory) get treated as murder investigations, whereas the police are the system themselves and generally aren't punished. I don't think you'd have these protests without Arbery's death too, in the sense that the guy arrested in Arbery's death had ties to the prosecutor's office, but also "I can't breathe" is a pretty simple catchphrase.

The guy kneeling on Floyd's neck for an additional two minutes after they couldn't find a pulse didn't help.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

It was all a melting pot waiting for explode. You wouldn't get this reaction to Floyd's death without Aubrey imo.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I find it interesting that the left has nothing but bad things to say about Trump, calling him racist etc.. But then you have Aleveda king, the niece of the most prolific Civil Rights activists in human history always praising Trump.
superbob
Site Admin

Post by superbob »

I think it was the combination of Floyd's and Aubrey's being filmed, and breonna taylor being killed by a no knock warrant at the wrong address. Combined with the fact that people are home instead of working and you kind of had a powder keg ready to go.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Oh don't forget the female moron in Central Park.

Just seen what Mattis said about Trump, wow. In all honesty, in this situation this is where being a life long politician helps to choose your words. It's not that the looting and shooting was bad, it's the first thing he said that was made public (actually not true he said very very sad I guess he can't please the media).
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Man I was on YouTube and stumbled across the Naruto main theme https://youtu.be/daPo6q4FXDw

It’s so weird that we’re probably never going to read or watch something that’ll impact our lives like Naruto did.
That music almost brought tears to my eyes. A flashback of memories in 4 and something minutes.
It made me realize that even with all its flaws it’s so much better than any other shounen.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Haohmaru wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:04 am Man I was on YouTube and stumbled across the Naruto main theme https://youtu.be/daPo6q4FXDw

It’s so weird that we’re probably never going to read or watch something that’ll impact our lives like Naruto did.
That music almost brought tears to my eyes. A flashback of memories in 4 and something minutes.
It made me realize that even with all its flaws it’s so much better than any other shounen.
Shonen, I agree. Overall though...
Thunderbox

Post by Thunderbox »

San Goku wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:16 pm
Thunderbox wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:09 pm
San Goku wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:50 pm Finally got a chance to leave the wife and kid for a bit and go to my outdoor gun range to fire my pump shotgun. Beautiful day a bit chilly in the morning but nice sunshine.

Also did some relationship consoling
You allright buddy?
We are two different people and we clash a lot over time and we have a child together.
Oof, yeah. Hang in there.
I'm moving in together with my girlfriend this summer. Excited and anxious at the same time.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:20 amShonen, I agree. Overall though...
I’ve been watching anime since the early 90’s. I’ve seen tons of anime and read a lot of manga. Sure there have been better anime and manga, but I can’t say any of those had the same impact on me.
Naruto really was something else. Especially scenes with that music in the background. Once you hear that it’s game over.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Looks like Baki is back! Anime is fuckin awesome, 2nd season. I will try to watch some eps this weekend. I'm also supposed to start season 2 of Billions.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Haohmaru wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:55 am
xandorxerxes wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:20 amShonen, I agree. Overall though...
I’ve been watching anime since the early 90’s. I’ve seen tons of anime and read a lot of manga. Sure there have been better anime and manga, but I can’t say any of those had the same impact on me.
Naruto really was something else. Especially scenes with that music in the background. Once you hear that it’s game over.
Can't argue against the music.

I've got three major anime I think I'd reference - one is Record of Lodoss War, my first anime. What was y'alls?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

You have to factor music in as well, and that alone puts it g.o.a.t category for shounen anime. There will be nothing like Naruto, one of those generational shows for the ages. Huge impact on my life in terms of energy and time put into watching, reading and of course discussing the series.
killacross

Post by killacross »

First anime that I watched I believe was Akira. But ya'll suckas is lying to yourselfves Most influential for me was definitely Pokemon (came out when I was in the 5/6th grade). From there was Toonami with Cowboy Bebop, Big O, DBZ, Ghost in the Shell.

First series that was revolutionary to me was 2003's FMA. I watched it like 16x back to back one summer break. FMA is actually how I found Narutomania back in the day.

There was a website...something like kragamuffin.com that would let you DDL the latest episode. First episode of FMA I saw was 27? When Izumi comes back and whoops that ass at the end. I thought..."wth did I just watch? Let me start from ep 1 so it makes sense". I kinda wish FMAB took it's time and set up like FMA did. Basically, FMAB assumes you have already watched FMA....so they introduce characters in a weird way in ep 1/2. Not really bad...just wasn't ideal. FMAB has passed FMA as my favorite anime of all time...but FMA just hit at those formative years.

I then went to NM because you could pay a $10 membership to get access to a ton of shows. So I filled my comp with them.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:41 am First anime that I watched I believe was Akira. But ya'll suckas is lying to yourselfves Most influential for me was definitely Pokemon (came out when I was in the 5/6th grade). From there was Toonami with Cowboy Bebop, Big O, DBZ, Ghost in the Shell.
Forgot about DBZ entirely... guess there goes my shonen card.

Bebop and Evangelion were my other 2.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

Dbz is awesome, but it’s basically a simple battle manga/anime.
Although I’m a really big fan of Dbz it didn’t even come close to Naruto for me personally.
My first anime were robotech, saber rider. Really old school anime when I didn’t even know anime existed. I thought I was watching cartoons.
Until my brother rented fist of the North Star and we were like w t f did we just watch. After that we realized what anime was and it all went from that.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Haohmaru wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:27 pm Dbz is awesome, but it’s basically a simple battle manga/anime.
Although I’m a really big fan of Dbz it didn’t even come close to Naruto for me personally.
My first anime were robotech, saber rider. Really old school anime when I didn’t even know anime existed. I thought I was watching cartoons.
Until my brother rented fist of the North Star and we were like w t f did we just watch. After that we realized what anime was and it all went from that.
Same with Fist of The North Star (Hokuto no Ken) that made me realize that Japanese anime was on a another whole fucking level compared to the American cartoons I've been watching.

DBZ is the greatest to me, but Naruto is up there at this point it's interchangeable to me in terms of impact, importance and popularity. I would put DBZ #1 Naruto #2.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Oh an important fact that I need to say about Fist of The North Star, because this is important. It was the MOVIE that I watched first. I found out there was a series years later, no internet. Never seen anything like it or know that a cartoon could be so violent and bloody for kids.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Buce Lee: https://youtu.be/TKRQBl8cap4

The 30 for 30 documentary is coming out by ESPN.

The nunchakus vs pingpong game will always give me the chills. The man was the real deal. Who Gai and Rock Lee were based off of.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

San Goku wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:19 am Oh an important fact that I need to say about Fist of The North Star, because this is important. It was the MOVIE that I watched first. I found out there was a series years later, no internet. Never seen anything like it or know that a cartoon could be so violent and bloody for kids.
Same here man. I’ve never seen the tv show. The movie was awesome though for its time. If it had better animation it would’ve been one of my favorite movies.