There we go

xandorxerxes

Re: There we go

Post by xandorxerxes »

It's a numbers game. More whites are killed, but whites are more populous than blacks so by percentages blacks are higher. That also ignores a whole host of other variables though.
San Goku wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:34 pm I think Twitter is playing a dangerous game using their power to censor a sitting U.S. President.
That's the funny thing. Trump doesn't understand the internet (or censorship). They're specifically NOT censoring him because he's the president, they're just flagging his tweets.

His executive order did nothing, but he's attempting to say that Twitter is playing publisher instead of hosting platform. If he got his way, he would actually make it so that Twitter would be held accountable for all tweets on their platform, which means they'd be forced to automatically remove his twitter account for violating their TOS.

He's only able to post his nonsense BECAUSE they have their current freedoms. Nevermind the 1st amendment implications of the government clamping down on speech.

Remember how when he first became president, I went on a giant looney-bin rant about Trump eroding the first amendment when he demanded a website hand over all of the information on people who organized a rally against him, and I talked about how the erosion will be done slowly? He's making his next big play. McConnell added language to the Patriot Act to let federal agents collect tracking and browsing data without warrants. Barr is given more individual power over FISA courts, and he's attempting to subvert modern cryptography. Oversight people are fired left and right. The people who could stop him (Senate) are just handing him their power instead. It's all been a giant consolidation of power the last 3 years to the executive branch, and it's the worst damn thing.
eddieson

Post by eddieson »

San Goku wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:34 pm I think Twitter is playing a dangerous game using their power to censor a sitting U.S. President.
That's the thing he wants people to believe cause in reality they didn't censor his tweet. Nothing was removed from it, nor was it taken down by them, nor was any part of it was suppressed.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Shit like this just makes me want to vomit:

These are from prominent photographers I follow on Instagram (I had to click the post that led me to the 2nd image just to see) both of them white. One is a white women and the other a is a gay man that is married to a black man. The woman lives in NYC and the guy lives in Chicago. I am a big fan of their work especially the woman photographer, Lindsay Adler. I've learned a lot from the training she has put out. But it's a perfect example of the whole idea that just because you're an expert in one area doesn't mean you have any clue as to what you're talking about in other areas.

I mean all of this virtue signaling is so insulting and basic bitch crap. It also takes something that is complicated and boils it down to some stupid ass catchphrase which allows them to feel proud about how they're "helping". Get the fuck outta my face with this bullshit.

The first two...god I just hate this stupid white privilege crap...yeah it's racist and there's also minority or black privileged as well. Which is currently being displayed as we speak. If something happens with me and another person and that person just happens to white I can claim racism and people will IMMEDIATELY jump to my side. I can burn shit to the ground in a riot and get excused for it. I can say and do some of the most racist shit imaginable and white people will make excuses me for me. I also never have to take any personal responsibility whatsoever and can forever pretend to be treated like a helpless victim of society.

Also notice that in the "other types" of privilege what isn't mentioned is female privilege, gay privilege, and all those. Basically what I'm getting at is that there is privilege all around for everyone so shut the fuck up about privilege it does NOTHING to help.

And oh man the circle jerking comments on that post which I am just assuming is mostly white people.

The third one...literally NO ONE says that and anyone who did would be rightfully ridiculed. Saying that in America racism is not really a systemic thing anymore isn't saying that racism doesn't exist. There are no institutional barriers preventing anyone from doing anything in America these days, you can literally do whatever you want. Doesn't mean you'll be successful but nobody is gonna stop you.

The last one...well two of those images the reason why people came down on them is because your job is play a sport...you wanna do that stuff when you're not at work then cool but ain't that great from your boss, the team, and paying customer relations for you to do be doing that during a game. Especially when was traditionally the great unifier. That last box...I don't know what that is. Is that from when the VP went to Hamilton?

Is there anything sadder than white guilt? Ugh, it's so emasculating.

What's really frustrating is that in the two most current situations there is currently no evidence that race played any role in this at all.

Seriously...in the current culture do you have any idea how frustrating it is to be a black person that tries to look at the whole situation when things happen but also doesn't buy into the victim hood narrative?
killacross

Post by killacross »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:27 am It's a numbers game. More whites are killed, but whites are more populous than blacks so by percentages blacks are higher. That also ignores a whole host of other variables though.
True...but they are implying/spreading this narrative that black people are being hunted down and gunned down in the streets by idiots with a badge. That's just not the case at all. There is a problem. In my opinion, the way you solve it is you allow victims families the ability to sue the officer individually and/or with their family, the police dept, and the police's pension fund for damages. You start fucking with their money..and they will police themselves (see what I did there?) and either fire the idiots...or keep them in check.
xandorxerxes wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:27 am The people who could stop him (Senate) are just handing him their power instead. It's all been a giant consolidation of power the last 3 years to the executive branch, and it's the worst damn thing.
be honest here...this has been happening LOOOOONG before 3 yrs ago. The earliest that I [personally] can remember goes back to Bush after 2001 [just because of my coming of age, but I'm sure it started even before then]. Then they handed even more power to the last president (who would laugh about how easy it was to order drone strikes, then caused tons of collateral death) and the last thing he did was consolidate power and "information sharing" between depts at the 11th hour before leaving office (which trump's 11th hour stuff is gonna be WILD). Now that the political seats have jumbled in house/senate...it's "the worst damn thing"? Maybe. But every president essentially cleans house of the previous administration and their career public sector carryovers. But suddenly because Trump does it...he's a dictator and fascist and #notmypresident etc etc etc
eddieson wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:42 am That's the thing he wants people to believe cause in reality they didn't censor his tweet. Nothing was removed from it, nor was it taken down by them, nor was any part of it was suppressed.
Oh that is just a flat out lie!! you have to click an extra button to see the tweet!! that is the definition of censorship and political bias!! /s
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:13 pm @Haoh
I LOVE when people [who aren't black] tell me [a black man] what I should be offended by as a black man.
Apparently, I am too helpless to know when something is offensive...and need to be white knighted.

Morons exist in any profession. I honestly doubt that the cop intended to kill anyone...but intention does not excuse a crime. He should be charged with manslaughter or homicide. Then tried/convicted/sentenced accordingly.
I’m not telling you shit. All I’m saying is that bitch ass cop wouldn’t do that shit if it were a rich white dude.
You have the black racism going over there that you might directly experience.
We have a lot more racism over here then just being discriminated against because you have a certain skin color.
We have a person similar to trump only worse. Hates certain nationalities and religions. And a majority of people actually voted for this fool.
I know a racist when I see one. Enough life experience to know what’s going on.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

So apparently the initial autopsy says that he didn't die from asphyxiation but he did have underlying health issues that were exasperated by the hold.

I was listening to a podcast and the guy who hosts it is a former special forces Marine and he was also a sheriffs deputy. He was saying that in both the military and in the police academy that hold is taught. It's very effective at getting someone you're tussling with on the ground and typically doesn't involve any asphyxiation but can really control someone and it hurts.

HOWEVER he also said that once you have cuffs on someone that's it because you can't really do anything once you're in cuffs. One of the things that he was trained in in the military was that in he was ever caught by the enemy do whatever you can so they can't cuff you because once you're cuffed you're essentially done. This guy was cuffed and with all the other cops around he had no real reason to keep the guy in the position he was in.

I do believe that manslaughter may possibly stick but 3rd degree murder may not.

Apparently though now that internet is saying the autopsy is cover up and another example of systemic racism because of course. I mean I guess it could be a conspiracy but unlikely.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

@Killa - Yeah, the power growth had been slow since 2001. Obama said he would curtail it, he increased it instead. We've gone lightspeed in the last 3 years though, Trump's been doing stuff none of previous politicians would do (intelligence agencies, however...). Nixon got impeached for less.

@DM - asphyxiation didn't make sense from that position to me (it didn't look like he was pressing the trachea to the ground), but coronary artery disease/hypertension would make a lot of sense if the cop was pressing at all on his carotid artery. They can say it's a cover-up all they want, but the ME will definitely have documentation of their actual findings (as opposed to preliminary).

I'm also talking out of my ass with a basic understanding of the anatomy, I haven't done any actual legwork on this one. Pressing one side of the neck with knee + pushing the other side into the ground seems like a pretty good recipe for don't fuck it up or bad things will happen.

There's probably a statistic that will be brought up at trial in terms of how many people die to that hold. I'd be curious as to what it is. The filing only says that it's taught that it's a "dangerous" hold.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/docume ... plaint.pdf
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

If you can find said medical issues in the murdered guy's medical history. Sure I'll believe it. Otherwise it's just a cover up in my book.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:27 am It's a numbers game. More whites are killed, but whites are more populous than blacks so by percentages blacks are higher. That also ignores a whole host of other variables though.
That's the funny thing. Trump doesn't understand the internet (or censorship). They're specifically NOT censoring him because he's the president, they're just flagging his tweets.

His executive order did nothing, but he's attempting to say that Twitter is playing publisher instead of hosting platform. If he got his way, he would actually make it so that Twitter would be held accountable for all tweets on their platform, which means they'd be forced to automatically remove his twitter account for violating their TOS.

He's only able to post his nonsense BECAUSE they have their current freedoms. Nevermind the 1st amendment implications of the government clamping down on speech.

Remember how when he first became president, I went on a giant looney-bin rant about Trump eroding the first amendment when he demanded a website hand over all of the information on people who organized a rally against him, and I talked about how the erosion will be done slowly? He's making his next big play. McConnell added language to the Patriot Act to let federal agents collect tracking and browsing data without warrants. Barr is given more individual power over FISA courts, and he's attempting to subvert modern cryptography. Oversight people are fired left and right. The people who could stop him (Senate) are just handing him their power instead. It's all been a giant consolidation of power the last 3 years to the executive branch, and it's the worst damn thing.
It's not censorship but a passive aggressive bitch way to censor by saying we are flagging the God damn President of the United States. Like they are the enforcer to deem what Trump says is appropriate. They are playing a dangerous game.

Usually when Trump says something inappropriate or touches on a sensitive subject a Democrat will denounce it or even a Republican or public figure. If you are just going to focus on Trump, then you have to focus on everyone and flag.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:39 pm It's not censorship but a passive aggressive bitch way to censor by saying we are flagging the God damn President of the United States. Like they are the enforcer to deem what Trump says is appropriate. They are playing a dangerous game.

Usually when Trump says something inappropriate or touches on a sensitive subject a Democrat will denounce it or even a Republican or public figure. If you are just going to focus on Trump, then you have to focus on everyone and flag.
Well, the US president was tormenting a widower, so I guess they felt they had to do something.

Supposedly they're rolling it out towards political posts - a Chinese minister also had some tweets flagged (retroactively, which I guess is maybe not really worth something). I think you'll see more as the election comes closer and the misinformation campaigns step up. Massive number of bots already.

Trump's the active president, he shouldn't be spouting off conspiracy theories anyways. He's supposed to be held to higher standards (hah). There are only two politicians in the top twitter users, and Obama isn't spewing out anything he sees on TV. Who else would they flag?

Edit: Apparently it was first used on Brazil's president, and their changes only target politicians - non-public figures are already banned/etc for similar tweets.

Edit 2:
Twitter also added notices on hundreds of tweets that falsely claimed a photo of a man in a red baseball cap was Derek Chauvin, an officer involved in the death of George Floyd, an African-American man who died this week after being handcuffed and pinned to the ground by police. The Twitter label alerted viewers that the image was “manipulated media.”
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

"China fired back at the United States concerns with Hong Kong's freedom by pointing directly at the racial unrest that has exploded in America, simply tweeting, " I can't breathe ".

Oh shit lol
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

That's not exactly a gotcha statement considering that China has two million muslims in concentration camps.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Ya they don't have much weight in that given their track record.

Presentation on how democracy is a shame TED Talk:

https://youtu.be/PJy8vTu66tE

I found it even more interesting seeing this after the Atlanta Mayor was talking about voting to change.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...Didnt "China" round up all the black people they could find on the streets as a response to COVID?? I think it was something like...Stay inside, or be arrested
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 10:11 pm ...Didnt "China" round up all the black people they could find on the streets as a response to COVID?? I think it was something like...Stay inside, or be arrested
They rounded up everyone and made them stay inside. Military delivered basic goods. If they had done that a few months sooner...
San Goku wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:57 pm ^^ Ya they don't have much weight in that given their track record.

Presentation on how democracy is a shame TED Talk:

https://youtu.be/PJy8vTu66tE

I found it even more interesting seeing this after the Atlanta Mayor was talking about voting to change.
We had 5 states move to a ranked voting system for the 2020 Democratic primary. I'm hoping that spreads to non-primaries beyond local levels so that third parties can start having a voice. Doesn't address the nominating process that he's specifically referring to, but at least it expands options.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

San Goku wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 8:27 pm "China fired back at the United States concerns with Hong Kong's freedom by pointing directly at the racial unrest that has exploded in America, simply tweeting, " I can't breathe ".

Oh shit lol
Thats the most retarded thing I’ve read today. Fuck China.
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Damn, I didn't go past "I came from the ghetto too" real shit.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

I don't advocate for or condone the violence and looting... but peaceful protests have done exactly nothing. I'm not surprised it's come to this.

Edit: Apparently only 2 of the 18 people arrested were from Minneapolis (6 if you count St. Paul). 4 weren't from Minnesota at all.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

It's interesting that a fundamental marketing principle applies here when you want to stoke up anger, resentment and violence:

Enter the conversation people are already having in their mind. There are ethical ways to use this and then unethical and evil ways to use this.

If you know (because you're part of the reason people believe this) that a group of people believe they are oppressed, that the world around them and the police are racist and looking to hunt them down and you combine that with stoking their emotions and paying no attention to the facts of a particular situation (the facts don't matter) then it becomes really easy to get this result.