There we go

Haohmaru

Re: There we go

Post by Haohmaru »

Digital Masta wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:23 am
Haohmaru wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:41 pm Anyone out here playing ff7 RE. Friendly advisor don’t buy it. Unless your of those nostalgic I love FF7 fans that wil play though a shit game just because it has kuroudo.
You can’t even call this a RPG anymore for fucks sake.
You're really gonna have to elaborate.
It’s more of a movie type experience than a rpg. No rpg elements whatsoever. Exploring, talking to people to actually learn more about the story or characters.
It’s basically follow the person who’s talking to you during a cutscene. Go from a to b in a linear corridor type route.
They try to be fancy by adding a button you have to press for going through a hole or a corridor that suddenly gets narrower. I mean what’s the fucking use of pressing triangle in those types of situations when it’s supposed to be seamless.
I could understand if it was purely for jumping.
The gameplay isn’t bad. Sometimes the camera doesn’t work that well, but it doesn’t bother me much.
As for sidequest.. you’re basically a dog fetching shit.
I haven’t finished the game yet, but I hear the ending is really bad. Because they made a dramatic change to the story or something.
Not that I care, because I haven’t full played the original either.
Trials of mana is coming out the 22nd. I’m actually looking forward to that more than this. There’s actual rpg elements to that game instead of pretending you’re playing a rpg, while you’re basically playing an adventure movie with battle gameplay.
killacross

Post by killacross »

...sounds like Shenmue a game movie with some quick time events mixed in
...though to be fair -- The Walking Dead games were fucking terrific (because it was 99% about story vs gameplay)
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:07 pm @XX what are your thoughts of Amazon not winning the JEDI contract and now wanting to sue the government?
It LOOKS bad, especially since Amazon was considered the definite front-runner, and Trump gonna Trump...
However, the inspector general’s office said it could not fully review the matter because the White House exercised presidential privilege and instructed several Defense Department witnesses not to answer questions from investigators.
But my experience is that companies sue all the time when they lose government contracts. It's why there are so many red-taped hoops you have to leap through to get one. There were some people involved in the process that made dumb decisions apparently, but on the whole I think Amazon's just trying to get a piece of the pie after it lost. If this claim from MS is true, then yikes.
As the IG’s report indicates, Amazon has proprietary information about Microsoft’s bid that it should never have had.
That's a no-no.
killacross

Post by killacross »

ugh...my job site is going so fucking over-the-top

-they took out 50% of the chairs/tables in the cafeteria and conference rooms
-they put markers for social distancing EVERYWHERE now -- they got the bathrooms this week...so you can only use 2 of the 3 urinals and 2/3 sinks
-yesterday they started temperature scans in your car as you arrive on site. There are ~2000 people on site at any given time....I'm salaried...do you think I work a minute longer than normal? They are talking about doing it when you leave too...so guess who is about to say fuck it and leave earlier?
-and latest email...they are about to distribute mandatory face masks

we've had 3 people test positive now...but do you think they give us ANY useful information? (obviously cant give us a name...but maybe the area/bldg they work in? the shift? WHEN they tested positive? NOPE....just, "we've done an internal evaluation and consider the risk of infection to be low"

...and now, my boss' boss has assigned a third person to try to micromanage me and ask me for a daily status update to my project. I told him before to eat a dick and he didn't get the message. About to go to war with these worthless fucks!

actually the plan is to give 1 weekly update...and then ignore absolutely EVERYTHING else from him/them...and if they try to stop by my desk..I'll look them dead in the eyes like I'm incompetent or just walk away mid-sentence

all they are trying to do is get their names on MY work so they can get some of the credit and a pat on the back. I'm not sharing a fucking thing if I can help it (and plan to AGGRESSIVELY call them out in front of whoever)...I've worked this project for 1.5 years now from start and I'll be the one to finish at least phase 1, 2, and 3 of 4...not sure I'll be here for phase 4 but it'll have the program established

wish me luck!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:26 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:23 am
Haohmaru wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:41 pm Anyone out here playing ff7 RE. Friendly advisor don’t buy it. Unless your of those nostalgic I love FF7 fans that wil play though a shit game just because it has kuroudo.
You can’t even call this a RPG anymore for fucks sake.
You're really gonna have to elaborate.
It’s more of a movie type experience than a rpg. No rpg elements whatsoever. Exploring, talking to people to actually learn more about the story or characters.
It’s basically follow the person who’s talking to you during a cutscene. Go from a to b in a linear corridor type route.
They try to be fancy by adding a button you have to press for going through a hole or a corridor that suddenly gets narrower. I mean what’s the fucking use of pressing triangle in those types of situations when it’s supposed to be seamless.
I could understand if it was purely for jumping.
The gameplay isn’t bad. Sometimes the camera doesn’t work that well, but it doesn’t bother me much.
As for sidequest.. you’re basically a dog fetching shit.
I haven’t finished the game yet, but I hear the ending is really bad. Because they made a dramatic change to the story or something.
Not that I care, because I haven’t full played the original either.
Trials of mana is coming out the 22nd. I’m actually looking forward to that more than this. There’s actual rpg elements to that game instead of pretending you’re playing a rpg, while you’re basically playing an adventure movie with battle gameplay.
I watched some playthroughs and then watched the story points the biggest change is the ending. People were really torn about it so I was curious and yeah I can see why. I can also agree with Haoh that the game was very padded with kinda boring shit and tasks.

Spoiler Tag NOT WORKING so spoilers below

[SHOW]
It's not a remake at least not in the "industry" sense of the word...it's a remake in that they completely remade the thing, now multiple timelines are being introduced. So the future visions Cloud was having are actually from the original timeline it looks like . This version of Sephiroth seems to be familiar with what happens that he is defeated which is why he has Cloud and co defeat the Whispers who are those ones who make sure destiny isn't altered, Biggs survives and the biggest change is that now we also have a timeline where Zack also survives.

Guess I will have the buy a PS5 and play the next one that comes out in 20 years.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

I can't imagine them taking out the Aeris death scene, but I imagine they'll put in a way to bring her back given these other changes.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

xandorxerxes wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:07 pm I can't imagine them taking out the Aeris death scene, but I imagine they'll put in a way to bring her back given these other changes.
Sephiroth makes a comment to Cloud in a scene that resembles Cloud's true final battle with him in the original and he says "Seven seconds til the end. Time enough for you. Perhaps. But what will you do with it? Let's see."

SOOOOO...that might be referring to her death, perhaps the actual time that Cloud has to stop it.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:14 am ugh...my job site is going so fucking over-the-top

-they took out 50% of the chairs/tables in the cafeteria and conference rooms
-they put markers for social distancing EVERYWHERE now -- they got the bathrooms this week...so you can only use 2 of the 3 urinals and 2/3 sinks
-yesterday they started temperature scans in your car as you arrive on site. There are ~2000 people on site at any given time....I'm salaried...do you think I work a minute longer than normal? They are talking about doing it when you leave too...so guess who is about to say fuck it and leave earlier?
-and latest email...they are about to distribute mandatory face masks

we've had 3 people test positive now...but do you think they give us ANY useful information? (obviously cant give us a name...but maybe the area/bldg they work in? the shift? WHEN they tested positive? NOPE....just, "we've done an internal evaluation and consider the risk of infection to be low"

...and now, my boss' boss has assigned a third person to try to micromanage me and ask me for a daily status update to my project. I told him before to eat a dick and he didn't get the message. About to go to war with these worthless fucks!

actually the plan is to give 1 weekly update...and then ignore absolutely EVERYTHING else from him/them...and if they try to stop by my desk..I'll look them dead in the eyes like I'm incompetent or just walk away mid-sentence

all they are trying to do is get their names on MY work so they can get some of the credit and a pat on the back. I'm not sharing a fucking thing if I can help it (and plan to AGGRESSIVELY call them out in front of whoever)...I've worked this project for 1.5 years now from start and I'll be the one to finish at least phase 1, 2, and 3 of 4...not sure I'll be here for phase 4 but it'll have the program established

wish me luck!
They are obligated to tell you the area that person has been around and/or department at least. They did that with my company.

Good Luck! lol
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

San Goku wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:46 pm They are obligated to tell you the area that person has been around and/or department at least. They did that with my company.

Good Luck! lol
From what I've found, they have a moral obligation, but not a legal one. It sounds like this particular company only cares about the legal aspect.

They ARE required to disinfect any areas the sick employees went to, and it looks like they're required to tell anyone he or she may have come in contact with. Unless they're disinfecting the whole premises each time, you can probably tell if it was someone near you by the last time the place was deep cleaned.

Good luck, Killa.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

@DM, well damn that’s a big difference. Is it something like a multiverse? Now I get why people be hating on Nomura haha
killacross

Post by killacross »

I work pharma..EVERYTHING is deep cleaned DAILY

I'm not concerned. If you had interactions with the person [directly].. They tell you

I'm more annoyed that we are inconvenienced with nonsense so they can keep making their billions

.. While suspending our raises then giving out mandatory pay cuts
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Haohmaru wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:40 pm @DM, well damn that’s a big difference. Is it something like a multiverse? Now I get why people be hating on Nomura haha
Unsure. It ends with Cloud and everyone leaving Midgar and they are all standing in the same place where Zack originally died except as they leave Midgard the scene is overlaid with Zack carrying Cloud heading towards Midgar saying "We're almost there, Cloud." It might mean the game next game bounces between the altered timeline and the new Zack/Cloud timeline.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:44 pm I work pharma..EVERYTHING is deep cleaned DAILY

I'm not concerned. If you had interactions with the person [directly].. They tell you

I'm more annoyed that we are inconvenienced with nonsense so they can keep making their billions

PREACH
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

killacross wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:44 pm I work pharma..EVERYTHING is deep cleaned DAILY

Why annoyed?
killacross

Post by killacross »

...it's the general, knee-jerk reaction that pharma takes with everything and the fact that in general...pharma can out-earn their stupid
the fix to everything in pharma is to throw money at it...then work harder to make that money up
so...seeing all the nonsense they are jumping through -- and KNOWING that it means no bonus and shitty raises next year annoys me

...plus the inconvenience factor of it all
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:07 pm ...it's the general, knee-jerk reaction that pharma takes with everything and the fact that in general...pharma can out-earn their stupid
the fix to everything in pharma is to throw money at it...then work harder to make that money up
so...seeing all the nonsense they are jumping through -- and KNOWING that it means no bonus and shitty raises next year annoys me

...plus the inconvenience factor of it all
I think every Corporation has a knee-jerk reaction. I work for Government Crown corporation (Gov agency) and they sent 75% of the people home with paid leave, forgetting we are still an essential business and have a business to run.

This pandemic is showing who the Leaders are.
Colep924

Post by Colep924 »

Apparently weekly shone jump is gonna be biweekly for a while starting I guess last chapter
killacross

Post by killacross »

San Goku wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:40 pm I think every Corporation has a knee-jerk reaction. I work for Government Crown corporation (Gov agency) and they sent 75% of the people home with paid leave, forgetting we are still an essential business and have a business to run.

Nope...it is strictly a government and pharma thing. Both have ungodly amounts of money to throw at any issue...so they are disgustingly wasteful
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

killacross wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:25 pm
San Goku wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:40 pm I think every Corporation has a knee-jerk reaction. I work for Government Crown corporation (Gov agency) and they sent 75% of the people home with paid leave, forgetting we are still an essential business and have a business to run.

Nope...it is strictly a government and pharma thing. Both have ungodly amounts of money to throw at any issue...so they are disgustingly wasteful
Yes I stand corrected, that is what I meant to say.

I saved my department $200,000 and people in Ottawa (my nations capital) are trying to tell my Manager he should go ahead and do the $200,000 project just because they spent $25,000 on Engineering consultations lol.