There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

First episode of The Sandman was pretty crazy.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Finally watched season 2 of Raised by Wolves
...another show that I dont understand the hype around

up next is some random anime...then marathoning Better Call Saul most likely
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I think I'm the only guy in the world that throws Star Trek signs at the end of Teams/Zoom/Web virtual meeting. What can I say we are in the day in age of technology 🤷🏾‍♂️
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Never bought into all the investigations and impeachments of Donald Trump, and I've mostly tuned out the mindless partisan invective that has been leveled at him since the escalator announcement. Never liked the dude and probably never will, but TDS is very much real(Both kinds.)

That said.... for the first time in 4, going on 5 years, I legit think he's in some serious shit.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 pm Never bought into all the investigations and impeachments of Donald Trump, and I've mostly tuned out the mindless partisan invective that has been leveled at him since the escalator announcement. Never liked the dude and probably never will, but TDS is very much real(Both kinds.)

That said.... for the first time in 4, going on 5 years, I legit think he's in some serious shit.
You know if Trump runs he wins right? That should tell you everything.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Could you imagine with FBI raided Obama's house? We would probably be in a black vs white or white vs color civil war right now lol. I'm really curious what becomes of this raid. This is uncharted territory.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:20 pm Never bought into all the investigations and impeachments of Donald Trump, and I've mostly tuned out the mindless partisan invective that has been leveled at him since the escalator announcement. Never liked the dude and probably never will, but TDS is very much real(Both kinds.)

That was his whole schtick. "Look they're always going after me," he said while doing things that have plenty of reasons to go after him. If you tuned out the crap he did, especially around his second impeachment, as "mindless partisan invective" then you should recalibrate. Yeah, there was plenty of bullshit hate going on, but he did actions throughout his presidency that were awful at best.

If it was anyone other than Trump they would be in serious shit. I will stubbornly refuse to believe he will get anything more than a slap on the wrist until he doesn't. If I took home 1/100th of the documents from my job that have much less sensitive materials than the ones he took I'd be in jail. That's on the premise of just taking them home for benign reasons - not actively trying to hide or destroy anything. As for all of the other documentation missing from others like text messages - despite being clearly told not to delete them - I don't see anything ever happening to those people either.
San Goku wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:08 am Could you imagine with FBI raided Obama's house? We would probably be in a black vs white or white vs color civil war right now lol. I'm really curious what becomes of this raid. This is uncharted territory.
Dude, he literally went after Clinton (rightfully) for doing a much weaker version of this. The search happened after working with his legal team (and being lied to by his legal team) for months. His legal team was even there when the search was executed, it's not like they did some night raid. There's no world where it's lawfully right to go after Clinton and not him. I only phrase it that way because I assume you were fine with Clinton being investigated by the FBI but not Trump.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Does that make me chaotically neutral then?

...I don't particularly give a shit what either of them do now...now that they are only influential -- and not powerful.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

@XX I don't have a problem per say, it's the 'raid' part. Did they raid Clinton's residence like that unannounced? If so, fine.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Interesting that I am now hearing Nancy Pelosi's son Paul Jr was accompanying her on the Taiwan trip and it wasn't mentioned. He has 700,000 shares in telecom company Borqs Technologies....
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Yo so, Okinawa was good stuff. Me and the gf are still working out kinks in our trips situation in terms of figuring out how to balance her needs and mine. Okinawa is a cross between Florida minus the crazy ass crimes (that's usually Saitama prefecture) and Mexico. For some reason taco culture took off here. Probably because of the huge US military presence there.
We got banging ass chicken and waffles there. Yes, it was from an American owned business.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:58 am Yo so, Okinawa was good stuff. Me and the gf are still working out kinks in our trips situation in terms of figuring out how to balance her needs and mine. Okinawa is a cross between Florida minus the crazy ass crimes (that's usually Saitama prefecture) and Mexico. For some reason taco culture took off here. Probably because of the huge US military presence there.
We got banging ass chicken and waffles there. Yes, it was from an American owned business.
So Okinawa is pretty much America now, long are the days of Karate Kid.

I know there are some fine ass women there, or so I hear.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

xandorxerxes wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:05 pm

That was his whole schtick. "Look they're always going after me," he said while doing things that have plenty of reasons to go after him. If you tuned out the crap he did, especially around his second impeachment, as "mindless partisan invective" then you should recalibrate. Yeah, there was plenty of bullshit hate going on, but he did actions throughout his presidency that were awful at best.

If it was anyone other than Trump they would be in serious shit. I will stubbornly refuse to believe he will get anything more than a slap on the wrist until he doesn't. If I took home 1/100th of the documents from my job that have much less sensitive materials than the ones he took I'd be in jail. That's on the premise of just taking them home for benign reasons - not actively trying to hide or destroy anything. As for all of the other documentation missing from others like text messages - despite being clearly told not to delete them - I don't see anything ever happening to those people either.
I should probably clarify "Serious shit."

I don't think for a femtosecond were going to get displayed all over Cable/Network news the Live image of Donalad Trump being served an arrest warrant putting Fox News on suicide watch, and triggering a building wide traffic jam at the CNN bathrooms from all the employees rushing to furiously masturbate....(Thank god Toobins gone, we'd have been subjected to that Live......)

But I think regardless of the optics -This was always going to be perceived as deep state weaponization by a certain segment of the political landscape - seizing those documents forcefully was a tactical decision I doubt they took lightly let alone failed to consider the inevitable blowback. They knew exactly what they are doing, and I want to know what the broader predicate was i.e., the affidavit. Whoever this supposed "Informant" was, if the information they provided amounts to anything resembling "I think" or "It's my opinion that...", this will be the biggest abuse of a Federal agency this country has ever seen.

Considering all that is slowly leaking out about the underlying causes or "Foundational reasons" for this raid, I'm more sure now than at anytime during the last five years when the left were almost ready to literally throw the Kitchen sink at this man, they that they might have finally got him on a serious charge.

Whether this leads to anything beyond a protracted political fight, further fracturing our national polity remains to be seen.
So when I say "Serious shit" I mean the potentiality for legal remedy is much higher than in all other cases up to this point, most of which was just desperate and reeked of partisan motivation. His followers have naturally leveled the same charge this time around, but the contrast is far clearer.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:38 am
Digital Masta wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:58 am Yo so, Okinawa was good stuff. Me and the gf are still working out kinks in our trips situation in terms of figuring out how to balance her needs and mine. Okinawa is a cross between Florida minus the crazy ass crimes (that's usually Saitama prefecture) and Mexico. For some reason taco culture took off here. Probably because of the huge US military presence there.
So Okinawa is pretty much America now, long are the days of Karate Kid.
Not America at all. Sure, you can see where American culture has influenced the culture but it is unique.

I just finished Better Call Saul, and I may like it even more than Breaking Bad. Incredible show. I watched the Gray Man and it was typical action movie stuff. The Russo Brothers do some incredible camera work in their stuff and I typically like Ryan Gosling in whatever.

Also anyone here watching Dota: Dragon's Blood? I know nothing about the game but I'm on season 3 and I'm really enjoying it although some of the relationships could be a little bit more fleshed out in certain characters. I'm a sucker for fantasy stuff.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Just finished DOTA: Dragon Blood season 3 yesterday, fucking amazing!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:24 am Just finished DOTA: Dragon Blood season 3 yesterday, fucking amazing!
I'm team Marci the Mute. The best woman in the show.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:53 pm
San Goku wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:24 am Just finished DOTA: Dragon Blood season 3 yesterday, fucking amazing!
I'm team Marci the Mute. The best woman in the show.
All the women are fire 🔥 Kevin Smith should take note on his failure with He-Man. You can have badass women run the show without looking like fucking men, and degrading men.

Marci is dope! It's hard, I like Mirana a lot! But Marci knows how to stfu, looks good and throws down lol.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235199919/

I'm all for alternative entertainment. I love variety, and i don't dismiss anything based solely on the general reputation of its publisher before investigating its substance and merits.

That said, if the Daily Wire genuinely thinks they can be a competitor to Disney rather than a mid-major niche outlet.......they are utterly deluded.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

To compete against Disney eh..... Worth a try, Disney is king though unfortunately. This is the best time in history to do it. A lot of good content out there. I will support The Daily Wire.
Last edited by San Goku on Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:39 pm https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/busin ... 235199919/

I'm all for alternative entertainment. I love variety, and i don't dismiss anything based solely on the general reputation of its publisher before investigating its substance and merits.

That said, if the Daily Wire genuinely thinks they can be a competitor to Disney rather than a mid-major niche outlet.......they are utterly deluded.
What's the point of running a business if you don't aim for the top? Netflix used to be to a DVD rental service. Every major player used to be small.

I really don't see the point of shitting on their goals.

Your thought process is part of the poison that keeps people from reaching their true potential. Maybe this is an American cultural mindset thing vs a more European one as I know you are originally from Ireland. I have noticed this amongst Europeans when talking about lofty goals.

They are already a 9 figure company. Yes, Disney is the top dog, but they seem hell-bent on destroying their own reputation. You don't think DW is aware of the mountain they have to climb? They're doing something right if they are attracting former Disney executives. These are people that could probably go anywhere.

How about just saying, "Good luck and go for it!"

This is like when you doubted their initial Jeremy's Razor campaign...
You:
Honestly, they probably blew their wad on that commercial(which admittedly was pretty funny) and are trying to recapture the losses.
Which again leads me to suspect this is just one elaborate joke(Think "Curb Your Enthusiasm" 'Spite Store'). They'll probably make a little money mainly because their fanbase is so fucking loyal, but I don't see this being appealing on a broad scale until they actually get serious about the product.
And then me:
Probably not. The Daily Wire brought in $120 million in revenue this past year and they got 25,000 subscriptions to the razor in 72 hours. Whether or not they keep a bulk of those will depend on the quality of the razor. That's what happens when you build a brand that people connect with and there are a lot of people that are willing to support the Daily Wire in everything they do.
It's like damn dude...why you hatin'?