There we go

San Goku

Re: There we go

Post by San Goku »

I just heard Jon Snow spin off in the works.
Cane_The9lives wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:23 pm
San Goku wrote:I appreciate your understanding, that is a lot coming from you I guess.
Of course, I don't have the right to tell another parent what is best for their kids even if I don't agree that what they are outraged about is worth the outrage.
Digital Masta wrote:Let's not forget the preacher's erection in The Little Mermaid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InFLnzeQjWw

I know, it's supposed to be his knee but...come on!

Also, that really creepy "friendly romp" scene with adult Simba and Nala from the original Lion King. I remember being 9 years old, in the theater with my dad and brothers, and being creeped out by that scene. ESPECIALLY when Nala gives Simba the sex/bedroom eyes...

Ya'll know what the fuck I'm talking about. Where do you think that baby came from at the end of the film?

Another thing that crossed my mind as a child, "Isn't Mufasa the father of ALL the cubs?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo

Lets also not forget Frollo's soliloquy to Horniness that confused virtually every kid under 13 in that movie theater.
(incidentally, it's also about the only redeeming part with that otherwise abject failure of an adaptation of Victor Hugo's classic.)

Disney being Disney is the main reason why "Nontroversies" like the Lighyear kerfuffle don't bother me.
The day they make their first feature length film dedicated entirely to transgenderism (probably in the works as we speak) will be the day they lose me.
But until then, nah, two girls smooching doesn't even raise an eyebrow for me.
You and I are smart enough to know transgenderism is where we are heading or trying to get. May as well get a head start and start the outrage from now.

Edit

Perfect time to mention What is a Woman movie promoted by The Daily Wire, its a transgender doc narrated by Matt Walsh.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

killacross wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:45 amIt's a boy!!
I totally, missed this, CONGRATS my friend!!!!!!
killacross

Post by killacross »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:25 pm I totally, missed this, CONGRATS my friend!!!!!!
Thanks... My inlaws at fucking idiots... And it just never, ever seems to stop
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:21 pm
Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:25 pm I totally, missed this, CONGRATS my friend!!!!!!
Thanks... My inlaws at fucking idiots... And it just never, ever seems to stop
What happened now?
killacross

Post by killacross »

Have time to type it up

So... I picked my daughter up on my shoulders to make the announcement. Everyone fathers around. Are you gonna have a little brother or sister? Little brother.

Yaaaay hurraaah... Etc

So anyway.. They are overjoyed that it's a boy. The dad opens a bottle of wine and gives a speech about how it's such a blessing that ALL of his kids have a son. The family is so blessed. Everyone starts to chime in about how great it is... And Yada yada

I said... I mean... You realize I have a daughter too right?

They just keep going on about how it's a gift from God.

Luckily my daughter is only 3...but I'm certain she's gonna pick up on this at some point. I'm sure the other teens have picked up on it too... It just all really rubbed me the wrong way.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Bruh, that's just the way it goes everyone wants a strong boy.

Edit

Sent you an email @killa
killacross

Post by killacross »

I know that the world wants boys...but that's typically 3rd world, shithole mentality. There is no reason for that currently where they live...or in their position (old as shit and "retired" with the kids funding them). I have no problem being happy about there being a boy...I wanted a boy (mostly just to see the difference). But it was the whole "open a bottle of wine....and give a gottdamn speech aspect of it"

*EDIT*
Responded to the email. You mah nigga frfr
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:30 pm Have time to type it up

So... I picked my daughter up on my shoulders to make the announcement. Everyone fathers around. Are you gonna have a little brother or sister? Little brother.

Yaaaay hurraaah... Etc

So anyway.. They are overjoyed that it's a boy. The dad opens a bottle of wine and gives a speech about how it's such a blessing that ALL of his kids have a son. The family is so blessed. Everyone starts to chime in about how great it is... And Yada yada

I said... I mean... You realize I have a daughter too right?

They just keep going on about how it's a gift from God.

Luckily my daughter is only 3...but I'm certain she's gonna pick up on this at some point. I'm sure the other teens have picked up on it too... It just all really rubbed me the wrong way.

After all the stories they just seem like narcissists. Mainly your FIL, especially with how they manipulate their kids into thinking their needs are everything.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Honestly think I'm kinda burned out with the whole family in general

So now that they know it's a boy... They started asking about baby names. My name, my wife's name, my daughter's name all start with M. So they were like... Have any names yet? I've always liked...(Biblical, but didn't start with an M anyway)

I said we will work through it... But nothing set yet. So they start listing off names again. I told them... Don't worry... WE will decide and let you know when the baby is born. Then they were like wait a minute... Your names all start M-A-R...so they hand us their phone with names that start Mar

I hand it back without looking
The next one hands me another list... I hand it back
First one hands me another website... I turn the phone OFF and hand it back

I said... WE, MY WIFE AND I, will decide the name. You get 0 vote. You named your 5 kids. You named your son. You named your 2 kids. It's OUR turn now.

It's like when my daughter was born and they saw the name. Afterwards... They kept saying that we should have spelled it like this. And that they'll only write it that way. I said anything that isn't addressed with the right name would be thrown away or donated immediately. I think it's crazy disrespectful to not call my daughter by her name...

So I've only had 1 issue in 3 years. But it was a gift that was meant to be disrespectful in general anyway.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:37 am Honestly think I'm kinda burned out with the whole family in general

So now that they know it's a boy... They started asking about baby names. My name, my wife's name, my daughter's name all start with M. So they were like... Have any names yet? I've always liked...(Biblical, but didn't start with an M anyway)

I said we will work through it... But nothing set yet. So they start listing off names again. I told them... Don't worry... WE will decide and let you know when the baby is born. Then they were like wait a minute... Your names all start M-A-R...so they hand us their phone with names that start Mar

I hand it back without looking
The next one hands me another list... I hand it back
First one hands me another website... I turn the phone OFF and hand it back

I said... WE, MY WIFE AND I, will decide the name. You get 0 vote. You named your 5 kids. You named your son. You named your 2 kids. It's OUR turn now.

It's like when my daughter was born and they saw the name. Afterwards... They kept saying that we should have spelled it like this. And that they'll only write it that way. I said anything that isn't addressed with the right name would be thrown away or donated immediately. I think it's crazy disrespectful to not call my daughter by her name...

So I've only had 1 issue in 3 years. But it was a gift that was meant to be disrespectful in general anyway.
Seriously, the MASSIVE NUTS on these people. The fact that they actually thought they could disregard your daughter's name for a name they preferred, Jesus, the arrogance.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Forgot to mention season 3 episode 5 of The Boys was fucking hilarious, enjoyed Seth Rogan's cameo too. I would say so far season 3 has been just as good as season 2 so far.

Edit:

Spelling Bee competition define woman: https://youtu.be/5mnQTzhVgl8

🤣🤣🤣

Link: https://youtu.be/67k-yWw8NIQ
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1XrV4fO0gw

Call me a bigot but I'm perfectly fine with the military banning anyone who identifies this way...because it's the military. It's not about your pronouns and feelings, it's about blowing shit up.

Also, this article is interesting, but not surprising.

https://quillette.com/2022/06/14/progre ... l-illness/
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Got an email yesterday saying that my 3 year old is eligible for the jab and they would like me to take a survey on what I think about it. I swear these guys have no reverse gear they'll just keep pushing their agenda even though it doesn't make sense. As long as they are meeting their quotas $, all part of the great reset I guess.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Ahhh

Youtube...how do you know me so well?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umNjlp2LObM&t=179s

17:30 had me F-ing rolling
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I told my son it's bath time and he came running head forward with his arms sticking backwards. I smiled thinking where did he learn that. We barley watched Naruto together lol.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:33 am I told my son it's bath time and he came running head forward with his arms sticking backwards. I smiled thinking where did he learn that. We barley watched Naruto together lol.
Lol

So I didn't watch Obi-Wan but apparently it went as predicted. Propped up Reva and destroyed canon by having things that make no sense and don't connect to the original trilogy.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Supreme Ct goin HAAM
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Guns and abortion...going ham indeed.

Now let's see if all those abortion supporters put their money where their mouth is and start-up organizations that bring women from states where it's banned to states where it isn't. Where they pay for the transportation, the procedure, and whatever the women need after that.

I'm gonna guess they won't because that would require actually doing something.

More packing the court talk will be coming.
xandorxerxes

Post by xandorxerxes »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:31 pm Guns and abortion...going ham indeed.

Now let's see if all those abortion supporters put their money where their mouth is and start-up organizations that bring women from states where it's banned to states where it isn't. Where they pay for the transportation, the procedure, and whatever the women need after that.

I'm gonna guess they won't because that would require actually doing something.

More packing the court talk will be coming.
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/co ... -abortions
https://prochoice.org/patients/naf-hotline/
https://secure.actblue.com/donate/supportabortionfunds

JPMorgan also just released a statement saying they'd cover it as well. The abortion help resources have been there since before the ruling.

Then you have states like Texas that let people sue you into oblivion for crossing state lines to get an abortion. Not sure why that isn't kidnapping, but who knows. We'll see if Manchin and Collins "deep concerns" over the overturning mean anything and have them pass a federal law. I doubt it. Lying to Congress is supposedly illegal, but hey, it's been happing so often lately that I guess it's just OK now.

Can't wait for my right to privacy to follow, since that's now unconstitutional too. Maybe miscarriages are on the horizon as well. Might as well make 1/4 pregnant women murderers. Oh yeah, it's also illegal to get an abortion if you're raped too. Oh well, maybe they'll learn some responsibility.

The gun law I agree with the majority - rather the not-Thomas majority, his opinion continues to make me question how his brain thinks logic works:
Going forward, Thomas explained, courts should uphold gun restrictions only if there is a tradition of such regulation in U.S. history.
So it's unconstitutional here because it's not a tradition, but it's not unconstitutional elsewhere because it is a tradition. So we can't make new tradition either? Great? Where the hell is tradition in the constitution?

I was also glad to see that we now have to pay for religious education too. Hoping the Pastafarians and Satanic Temple/Church of Satan to get involved, that always makes for a good show. Heck, I'm hoping a Mosque goes for it. Nothing to rile up Americans like Muslims getting aid. It's OK though, maybe once people read and understand about... oh right, 88% of Americans can't even figure out how to identify the author of a book and half of Americans can't read at a middle school level. The decline in education throughout the world (especially in America) and America's race to the bottom are a whole other rant I'll spare you guys from.

The court has changed size several times in the past for political reasons, but if I recall only by 1 each time (never more than 10 though). We'll see.

Back to the rat race of life for me.

Edit: I'm more and more amused at the thought of letting the states decide abortions - literally. On each case. Women keep the right to agency over their bodies, and can choose to have the fetus removed. Then it's the state's call to determine if it wants to keep the fetus alive until it can throw the baby into state housing or not. We'll see if people will put their money where their mouth is. Obviously a non-starter/never going to happen, but still amusing.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:41 am
San Goku wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:33 am I told my son it's bath time and he came running head forward with his arms sticking backwards. I smiled thinking where did he learn that. We barley watched Naruto together lol.
Lol

So I didn't watch Obi-Wan but apparently it went as predicted. Propped up Reva and destroyed canon by having things that make no sense and don't connect to the original trilogy.
Maybe watch it and then judge for yourself?

Crazy idea, i know.
I did, it wasn't what I was expecting but not terrible. Honestly it just seemed completely unnecessary with the exception of the last episode.
It felt like a mini series constantly trying to justify its existence.

Also, if the woke paranoia is still strong with you and are worried they made Reva even slightly formidable, just note she is the weakest person with a lightsaber in this series and Vader pretty much toyed with her from episode 1 to 6.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5BB5sQmLJE

P.S, The original score is so much better with this scene and that was one of my biggest gripes, ditching the majesty of the original scores. The Choreography was also meh compared to the prequels, but I did like the final battle between Vader and Obiwan.

It is very much worth watching, even though it's not nearly as good as it could have been.