There we go

Cane_The9lives

Re: There we go

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:08 am
So Daily Wire just launched a competitor to Harry's Razors due to them being dropped by Harrys a year ago because Michael Knowles apparently said something along the lines of boys are boys and girls are girls and two Twitter accounts complained to Harrys. I hope they do well, whether you like them or not they have been the biggest force in the "alternative economy" sector so far from movie/TV production, podcasts, now book publishing, and razors.

I fully believe that alternatives to the machine need to be created and they aren't all talk. They're taking the risk so I give them my respect. Hopefully, their products don't suck. The copy on the page for Jeremy's razors is really leaning into mocking leftists which can be a bit eye-rolly but that's their brand.
That price is a joke. $59.99 + Taxes + Shipping and handling; you're liable to be paying upwards of $70+ for a founder pack.
The reason people liked Harry's razors was their quality and affordability, I'm not shelling out nearly a C-note just for an elaborate troll to own the Libs.

I don't care what your politics are, if you make a good product/provide a good service that's worth my money I'll pay for it. That's why I can eat at Chick-fil-a or shop at Home Depot and laugh at all the performative morons standing outside with signs boycotting because of their butthurt feelings.

If your product was inspired primarily with the intent to fight a culture battle, that's fine. Silly and acrimonious though that may be, if its good i'll consider it. But if you're going to slap an exorbitant price tag on it, and solicit my money through a contrarian appeal.....nah, price your shit better.

Honestly, they probably blew their wad on that commercial(which admittedly was pretty funny) and are trying to recapture the losses.
Which again leads me to suspect this is just one elaborate joke(Think "Curb Your Enthusiasm" 'Spite Store'). They'll probably make a little money mainly because their fanbase is so fucking loyal, but I don't see this being appealing on a broad scale until they actually get serious about the product.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Wait, I know about Chick-fil-a but what did Home Depot doÉ
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross

Post by killacross »

😔Flight 1 delayed juuuuuust enough to miss flight 2

I'm thinking of getting a pilots license to cut out 90% of this bullshit

**Edit**
Hey DM
.. Do people FaceTime in public in Japan? It used to be speakerphone was the most assholish thing people did
... But now it's parents talking to their 4 year olds at grandma and grandpa's while they are waiting for their connecting flight
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Not really.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Sounds glorious
A lotta thoughts around my trip... I'll share later after I get home
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Canada is going to World Cup in Qutar!
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Today I learned there is a Macbeth movie...starring Denzel Washington.

Also, that Will Smith/Chris Rock slap shit... looked real. Will...you and Jada got a weird-ass relationship with weird-ass kids (the eldest one seems to be the most normal but Jada ain't his mom) and you let her air out your weird-ass shit on her stupid show and have been getting clowned ever since. And now you wanna be all defensive of your wife for a Chris Rock joke? Bruh, don't be airing all your shit out in public.

If this is all real then the "I could oh...okay..." from Chris Rock afterward meant he was about to go savage with jokes but decided against it.

Will thought it was funny, Jada didn't. This doesn't make you look better, Will.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Jada is the problem, one of my fav actors is getting old, Will lost his damn mind. I had to look up what Chris Rick said, that was soft. Everybody has something bad to say about Jada. She should have STFU, it was that simple. She can't stand Will be the alpha and wants to break him down imo. I agree their kids are weird as fuck.

The slap: https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/st ... Buc4l1Httw

A meme: https://twitter.com/SupremeDreams_1/sta ... ZhPZtSnB7g

What Chris said before: https://www.thesun.co.uk/uncategorized/ ... ett-smith/

Edit:

The new Bel-Air show is lit by the way. Just watched 2 eps.
Cane_The9lives

Post by Cane_The9lives »

Digital Masta wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:56 am Today I learned there is a Macbeth movie...starring Denzel Washington.
I fail to see the problem here, Denzel is classically trained and even acted in Coriolanus alongside Morgan freeman back in the 70's.
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

Cane_The9lives wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 1:13 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:56 am Today I learned there is a Macbeth movie...starring Denzel Washington.
I fail to see the problem here, Denzel is classically trained and even acted in Coriolanus alongside Morgan freeman back in the 70's.
Cool.
Cane_The9lives wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:51 pm
Digital Masta wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:08 am
So Daily Wire just launched a competitor to Harry's Razors due to them being dropped by Harrys a year ago because Michael Knowles apparently said something along the lines of boys are boys and girls are girls and two Twitter accounts complained to Harrys. I hope they do well, whether you like them or not they have been the biggest force in the "alternative economy" sector so far from movie/TV production, podcasts, now book publishing, and razors.

I fully believe that alternatives to the machine need to be created and they aren't all talk. They're taking the risk so I give them my respect. Hopefully, their products don't suck. The copy on the page for Jeremy's razors is really leaning into mocking leftists which can be a bit eye-rolly but that's their brand.
That price is a joke. $59.99 + Taxes + Shipping and handling; you're liable to be paying upwards of $70+ for a founder pack.
The reason people liked Harry's razors was their quality and affordability, I'm not shelling out nearly a C-note just for an elaborate troll to own the Libs.

I don't care what your politics are, if you make a good product/provide a good service that's worth my money I'll pay for it. That's why I can eat at Chick-fil-a or shop at Home Depot and laugh at all the performative morons standing outside with signs boycotting because of their butthurt feelings.

If your product was inspired primarily with the intent to fight a culture battle, that's fine. Silly and acrimonious though that may be, if its good i'll consider it. But if you're going to slap an exorbitant price tag on it, and solicit my money through a contrarian appeal.....nah, price your shit better.

Honestly, they probably blew their wad on that commercial(which admittedly was pretty funny) and are trying to recapture the losses.
Which again leads me to suspect this is just one elaborate joke(Think "Curb Your Enthusiasm" 'Spite Store'). They'll probably make a little money mainly because their fanbase is so fucking loyal, but I don't see this being appealing on a broad scale until they actually get serious about the product.

Probably not. The Daily Wire brought in $120 million in revenue this past year and they got 25,000 subscriptions to the razor in 72 hours. Whether or not they keep a bulk of those will depend on the quality of the razor. That's what happens when you build a brand that people connect with and there are a lot of people that are willing to support the Daily Wire in everything they do.

I care to a certain extent. The Home Depot thing is just par for the stupid course at this point, but I can totally understand ditching Gillette after what they did a few years back, because they basically told their main demographic that they are terrible for being men and I can understand Harrys being dropped by people for living in anti-reality and saying that basically biology is hate speech.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^

Supreme Court nominee unintentionally said that we should listen to Biologist regarding the definition of a woman.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Yo they went all out with this latest Power Ranger Game, it's like Street Fighter level good.

Link: https://youtu.be/buAON1mukc0
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:10 pm Yo they went all out with this latest Power Ranger Game, it's like Street Fighter level good.

Battle For The Grid shocked everyone with how low-budget but great it is.

Also, the memes have started flooding in of Will Smith and his situation has gotten worse because of what he did. Now it will be open season for comedians to do even more jokes but the memes...oh internet, I love you sometimes.
killacross

Post by killacross »

Anyone tried to pay their fed taxes yet?

WTF? Why is it so goddamn hard to give someone ~$25,000?
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:22 am
San Goku wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:10 pm Yo they went all out with this latest Power Ranger Game, it's like Street Fighter level good.

Battle For The Grid shocked everyone with how low-budget but great it is.

Also, the memes have started flooding in of Will Smith and his situation has gotten worse because of what he did. Now it will be open season for comedians to do even more jokes but the memes...oh internet, I love you sometimes.
In tears all day yesterday bro looking at memes. I must be getting older, never thought I would live to see the day where I start to lose some respect for Will Smith. Saying he's pussy whipped is an understatement. Although I lothe Jada at times back in her prime she was fine af, nookie game must be fire.

I had no idea Battle For The Grid was so serious, shocked the hell out of me. They can re-do the whole franchise making it PG13/R.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

I lost all respect for Will to the point I can't even take him serious in his movies anymore.
Did you see him laughing at Chris Rock's joke? Only after he saw Jada was being a bitch about it and probably said something to him he decided to defend her.
The fact that he's so whipped by her blows my mind.
Didn't they say they were in an open relationship now or something.
Anyway wrong ass move to do in front of all those people and the millions that were watching. He should've handled that shit in private.
killacross

Post by killacross »

^^but there was nothing to handle though

...and people keep talking about how it will ruin his career

Will is on the downslope now...he's already worth $300MM...and hasnt had a movie role in like a decade

He ruined his career when he tried to force his son on us...people weren't interested...so he doubled down...
then people moved on
These last few years have been him and his wife fighting to stay in the spotlight and relevant...and all of it at his expense
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:11 pm ^^but there was nothing to handle though

...and people keep talking about how it will ruin his career

Will is on the downslope now...he's already worth $300MM...and hasnt had a movie role in like a decade

He ruined his career when he tried to force his son on us...people weren't interested...so he doubled down...
then people moved on
These last few years have been him and his wife fighting to stay in the spotlight and relevant...and all of it at his expense
He's definitely fine monetarily, but over the past few years, he's destroyed his image. Nobody is gonna respect him and he has only himself to blame. You married Jada, bro!
killacross

Post by killacross »

killacross wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:57 pm Sounds glorious
A lotta thoughts around my trip... I'll share later after I get home
So from my trip...a lot learned...a lot more observed.

This is my best friend. I've known him for almost 20 years now. We were first college roommates. We've always talked about goals and plans for the future. I've accomplished a SHIT LOAD of mine. He has accomplished a few of his. But just listening to him and his wife talk...and their outlook on life...and specifically how their politics have tainted EVERYTHING it

the question I'm left with -- and keep circling back to -- is...when is it time to let a friendship go? I keep wondering if it is the whole sunken cost thing...