killacross

Re: There we go

Post by killacross »

Chris Cuomo has been fired
...which just means shit is about to hit the fan
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Enjoying the new JoJo part 6 anime so far.... Also part 2 of He-Man has been much better I must admit but the damage is already done.
killacross wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 pm Chris Cuomo has been fired
CNN had ton do it to save face lol
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

San Goku wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:14 am Enjoying the new JoJo part 6 anime so far.... Also part 2 of He-Man has been much better I must admit but the damage is already done.
I haven't watched it but I trust in The Drinker. Plus, I'm not going to give a show I don't respect my viewing eyeballs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9lXAt8gyJk

In general, The Critical Drinker has the amazing ability to put into words my feelings on modern-day entertainment (well he is an author so that would make sense). In particular his series on why movies suck now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ92cggLMx8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY-GLeHS0Ik
killacross wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:58 pm Chris Cuomo has been fired
The thing with Chris Cuomo is that everyone knew this back when he was doing shows with his brother, it's just that his brother is now a flaming turd and since Chirs now has a piece of flaming turd on his sleeve he's gotta go too.

EDIT: Famous French actor Juicy Smollett apparently did a dry run of his famous incident.

So, the memes become reality.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/en ... ackers-day

Haha...hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Also, I know I'm not the only person that thinks this every time I hear Omicron:

killacross

Post by killacross »

Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:11 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dov0_sdwVI

I'm convinced
The first one was great so...high hopes.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Digital Masta wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:29 pm
killacross wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:11 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dov0_sdwVI

I'm convinced
The first one was great so...high hopes.
Fucking Yes! Part one eh, so they really want to go all out with this one.

Edit

^^ Omicron sounds like he could be a villian in a Transformer movie as the final boss after you take out Megatron and think the battle is over only to find OMICRON rising from the ground at a staggering 5000 ft.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

My guy I have a feeling you don't know who Unicron is
killacross

Post by killacross »

LOL

That's our pal San. You have to ignore him sometimes

I like how the characters have subtly aged
Last edited by killacross on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

I never watched all of Transformers bits and pieces growing up lol

edit

A lot of crazy shit happened in the last 2 months leading up to now:

- wifes dad had stage 4 cancer
- the cancer spread like wild fire and he passed away
- we bought a pre-construction home
- Looked to get rent my condos and did posting myself, found a lot of candidates that were interested, one I really liked their income wasn't stable enough
- Hired a real estate agent after a couple of weeks and helped with the ideal price point on what to list my monthly rent, found some young professional couple recently married, engineering degree and a good job
- wife got my son into a new nice daycare
- decided on a date to move all our shit out (Nov 27th)
- mom called me shortly after saying she got tickets to her work Christmas party for my son (on Nov 27th)
- I said cool I'm going to that cause I can't have my son missing his first work Christmas party, mines was always lit growing up
- wifey didn't like that at all, caused a lot of arguments, I said I can manage to do both cause I grind
- Some where in between that I pulled my back packing and realized I needed help
- After I rented a u-haul truck I hired some loader/unloaders off their website pretty good price
- booked a storage the Sat morning, drove my son to his Christmas party (at the movie theaters watched Encanto...really good movie for all ages)
- My son and his cousins played arcade games for a bit and got some nice gift bags
- Couldn't stay too long cause I had to go move our shit, son cried cause he wanted to hang out with his cousins longer
- dropped my son off at his grandma
- picked up the truck, loaded our shit but someone had the service elevator after and we still had more shit to load
- made two huge stops using the regular elevator, a lot of ppl were a bit pissed that we held it up
- manage to load most things
- dropped off some stuff at the wifey's moms place cause that is were we are staying and it works out considering the circumstances
- go to the storage, finish around 1:30am in the morning (told myself I'm justing hiring ppl to do everything going forward lol)
- Next morning returning the truck it breaks down on the highway
- u-haul rep calls someone for me but it just started snowing and wasn't safe and another tow truck guy came instead
- the other tow truck guy that came first who we used tried to scam me, refused to wait until the weekday to get paid, wanted me to go to the bank and draw out $450 to pay him and said I would get reimbursed, made excuses about not having a debit/credit machine and didn't want to provide the rep on the phone with an invoice so she could pay him right away lol
- after throwing out stuff and unloading stuff i got super sick a couple days ago
- wifey assumed I had COVID and wanted me to get tested, we were both negative
- Feeling a lot better today, shes still feels like crap

That is the quick summary without going into full detail but I think I did
killacross

Post by killacross »

Glad you turned the corner San...and drama/stress always comes in waves. Unless you make stupid decisions...then it never stops

Nothing really crazy going on with me

Ms Thickums starts next Monday
My wife originally said she didn't care. I showed her the text from Ms Thickums saying she is putting in her resignation. My wife said she was not interested. She came back a few days later and said I needed to quit immediately. I told her no. So she said she is not happy about the situation and will be watching me closely. I told her completely fair...and I understand.

MORE interesting news...my wife's younger brother and his wife are splitting. They JUST got married in Sept/Oct. Basically...the SIL is moving back to Nicaragua and taking their kid with her. I asked my wife does she know what's going on? She said she didn't want to pry -- but everyone KNOWS that his wife is crazy, and lazy, and not friendly, and was unhappy, and was depressed...etc etc etc. I asked how she knew all of this if she/we barely interact with her? She said because the family talks.

So I asked if she left any space for the possibility that her brother isn't as amazing as everyone seems to think? Wrong question...This started another fight -- my wife is loyal to her family to a fault.

FINALLY, my mother and father in law are going back to Nicaragua at the beginning of the year. They refuse to get COVID shots (though they did both have it about a 1.5 yrs ago -- I remember because he had to spend a grip to get them smuggled out of the country). They keep saying they will do it when they get to Nicaragua (which is an obvious lie)...but you can't say that to your elders. I said that with the shot being easily and readily available at nearly every corner in the states and FREE....just tell them you won't buy tickets until they get the shots. Wrong suggestion...My wife is loyal to her family to a fault.

Guys -- this may be the last Christmas I see them...for more reasons than 1 this time
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

^^ Sounds like great news cause we all know how much you love your in-laws lol. Personally I have no issues with people that don't want the jab. They should also be allowed to go and do everything the same as a person who is fully vaxed.

Also, I continue to do dumb shit, you'll know me so the madness will never end :(
killacross

Post by killacross »

I don't like them
.. I don't particularly want them dead

The problem with letting the unvaxxed have full range is that people who ARE vaccinated can get reinfected.

My disagreement is not with people spreading the virus... I still believe the numbers were inflated and skewed because of free government money for every case reported. My problem is with government overreach. If the government wasn't trying to push the limits.. They would have offered a tax credit for people who are vaccinated.... And for business enforcing controls.

Instead, they shut down the economy, and then got thousands fired. All while printing stacks and stacks and stacks of dollars.
Haohmaru

Post by Haohmaru »

killacross wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:47 pm I don't like them
.. I don't particularly want them dead

The problem with letting the unvaxxed have full range is that people who ARE vaccinated can get reinfected.
People that are vaccinated can get infected anyway. Doesn't matter if you get in contact with a vaccinated person or not. All the vaccine does is protect you against the effects of the virus.
Thats why the numbers are so high here. 85% is vaccinated yet the infected are increasing by the day and are higher than they were before people got vaccinated. Vaccinated people are out there living their everyday normal life like the virus doesn't exist anymore.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

Looking forward to the new arc on Demon Slayer. The shinobi Hashira maybe my new fav. Animation is God tier as usual 1hr ep too.
San Goku

Post by San Goku »

New Matrix Trailer: https://youtu.be/nNpvWBuTfrc

Why are we not talking about this? I know we don't want to be disappointed but I think this will deliver.

Watched Star Trek Beyond 2009 again yesterday and told my bro this is how you do a reboot.
killacross

Post by killacross »

^^I'm not convinced

1. It's been 20 years...and even though Keanu is immortal...Trinity is not.
2. I see the blue hair -- and I feel like something is about to be shoved down my throat (especially considering the directors and how they did countless interviews about how the studios wouldn't let them tell the transitioning story they wanted years ago)
3. Seems like a nostalgia cash-grab. Matrix was revolutionary and changed EVERYTHING about media/entertainment back in the day...it's like doing a GOT spinoff 20 years from now when the actors have aged out and the hype died out. I honestly bet that our tastes have changed so much that if you watched the trilogy again today -- you'd think what is this shit? I know I had that feeling when I watched Neo vs 100 agent smiths years ago

**Edit**
For the nostalgias

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aFVSkncq00
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:03 am ^^I'm not convinced

1. It's been 20 years...and even though Keanu is immortal...Trinity is not.
2. I see the blue hair -- and I feel like something is about to be shoved down my throat (especially considering the directors and how they did countless interviews about how the studios wouldn't let them tell the transitioning story they wanted years ago)
3. Seems like a nostalgia cash-grab. Matrix was revolutionary and changed EVERYTHING about media/entertainment back in the day...it's like doing a GOT spinoff 20 years from now when the actors have aged out and the hype died out. I honestly bet that our tastes have changed so much that if you watched the trilogy again today -- you'd think what is this shit? I know I had that feeling when I watched Neo vs 100 agent smiths years ago

**Edit**
For the nostalgias

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aFVSkncq00

AND...

The Wachowskis' simultaneously had their break out and peak with The Matrix series. Everything since then has been a disappointment or failure either critically, financially or both. They sure do have visually stunning pieces of work but other than that it all falls flat. I'll probably go see it when it comes out because I haven't been to a theater in damn near 2 years...actually maybe Endgame was the last film I saw in theaters? But I'm going in very hesitant.

The first film still stands up as a great film but the visuals of Reloaded and Revolutions quickly became dated.

EDIT: OMG, who could've guessed this (he said sarcastically)

https://nypost.com/2021/12/07/upenn-tra ... king-wins/

more than 38 seconds? That's like lightspeed. And that's a big mofo.
killacross

Post by killacross »

^^ the wachowski SISTERS would be proud
Digital Masta

Post by Digital Masta »

killacross wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:19 pm ^^ the wachowski SISTERS would be proud
But hey, Lia's living her best life, crushing the competition by 38 seconds. Is that even possible at that level in same-sex competition? I mean what's the average difference between first and second typically? From less than a second to what 2 seconds?

But then again, Elliot Page thinks I want trans people to die because I think this is wrong.

Also, if you're noticing a mocking tone coming from me...well, if I can't mock this and laugh at the absurdity of it then well...I'll just be sad.

Also, Bill DeBlasio going out with a bang over there in NYC.